Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2020, 07:58   #1666
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
I am confused about the light upgrade. What would be appropriate without messing with the warranty?
Go for HID foglight projectors while your car is in warranty. They are good enough upgrade. After warranty is over, you can upgrade your headlights to a good HID.
nishp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:17   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishp View Post
Go for HID foglight projectors while your car is in warranty. They are good enough upgrade. After warranty is over, you can upgrade your headlights to a good HID.
Hi, will use of HID foglight projectors nor affect the warranty ? and which one do you recommend ?
Old 30th August 2020, 12:29   #1668
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed! One of the major issues with the Diesel Brezza is the headlight!
I am confused about the light upgrade. What would be appropriate without messing with the warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi, will use of HID foglight projectors nor affect the warranty ? and which one do you recommend ?

Brezza indeed has very poor headlight illumination especially in ZDi and ZDi+ variants. Upgrading to HID fogs is a very good option. It's a simple job for a DIY guy or can be easily fixed at a local garage who knows some bits about Brezza or at MASS if you're friends with them.

I started by upgrading to HID fog lamps. Details here (Operation Khoj: Maruti Vitara Brezza ZDi+). I've even fixed the end to end coupler thereby eliminating the scotch locks. You can see more details on page 6.

But there was an itch to get more which ended up in this (Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade)). Although the lights are great, the alignment is not perfect but nevertheless, it gets the job done.

As far as warranty is concerned, either you can get them done after warranty gets over or it can be difficult.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 30th August 2020 at 12:32.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:43   #1669
BHPian

Quote:
If done via coupler to coupler, without splicing any wires, you are good to go. It is easy to replace the foglamps before any warranty claim is taken.

There are lot of DIY threads here for foglight projectors, check them out.
nishp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 13:12   #1670
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200909_133608.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200909_133615.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20200909_133559.jpg

Got new shoes for my brezza contimax 5 and they make the car really well behaved! The noise is almost gone! Given the fact my old ones were run 80k and had become hard. The car feels almost new with these! I'm sure they won't last as long but I'm glad I picked these. (None of the dealers had primacy in stock, they would've been my first choice)
Got them at SLNP pit stop J.P Nagar. This was my first visit there and I actually can easily recommended it. The prices were fair and didn't even feel like bargaining with the gentelman running the place.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2020, 01:13   #1671

Quote:
Indeed! One of the major issues with the Diesel Brezza is the headlight! Even smaller cars like Swift and Ignis have better headlights. The only workaround seems to be upgrading to HIDs or LEDs/fog lights. Even my old Zen Estilo had a better output.
I have upgraded low beam projector headlights on my Brezza ZDi (2018) with a set of 4200Kelvin Osram DH7 35 watt Gen1 HID conversion kit, which costed around 6500 INR. Plug & play setup, without damaging warranty. You have to cut a hole in the dust cap to pass the cables to and from the ballast. Dust cap is available for under Rs 200 a pair. Gen 2 Osram HID kit is available now, with enhanced output.
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-brezzahlhid.jpg
Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-brezzahlcutoff.jpg

This has considerably improved low beam output with fantastic visibility, a sharp cutoff and all weather colour temperature of 4200 kelvin, which is warm white. Have plans to go for a quad-bixenon projector setup later. But if you want to keep things stock, the HID kit from Osram is adequate enough to increase light output from the stock projector, much more than what you get from a halogen bulb.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-brezzafoghl.jpg
sumitmajumdarin is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th October 2020, 16:41   #1672
BHPian

Got battery replaced today after running 70K in 3 years. I am little disappointed, as my Swift Vdi with the same engine did 95K with stock battery.

Anyone got similar experience with Brezza battery life ?
Old 6th October 2020, 16:57   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmajumdarin View Post
I have upgraded low beam projector headlights on my Brezza ZDi (2018) with a set of 4200Kelvin Osram DH7 35 watt Gen1 HID conversion kit, which costed around 6500 INR.
Appears nice. Just a word of caution. The stock projectors are of poor quality. The reflectors of mine got some damage due to using Philips Xtreme Vision Plus bulbs in stock wattage. The HIDs will have intense heat, do keep checking the burnout.

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20201006_165736__01__01.jpg

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20201006_165717__01__01__01.jpg
Both are separate projectors of either side.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 10:38   #1674

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Appears nice. Just a word of caution. The stock projectors are of poor quality. The reflectors of mine got some damage due to using Philips Xtreme Vision Plus bulbs in stock wattage. The HIDs will have intense heat, do keep checking the burnout.

Attachment 2064027

Attachment 2064028
Both are separate projectors of either side.
Thank you for your advice , I'll surely keep a check on the duo. Strangely, I noticed that the beams from these Osram 35W HIDs are a bit cooler than the stock halogens, when I touch the headlight lens after the light has run for a good hour or so.

Not only in Brezza, I have seen that most cars with low beam halogen projectors are not that good in terms of light output and people mostly have to rely on high beams leveled down in order to get a better visibility most of the time. Perhaps the build quality of these stock 2.5 inch projectors are not that great. I'll be retrofitting Hella BRT in the headlights in future; not that happy with the stock projector performance.
Old 7th October 2020, 11:10   #1675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for your advice , I'll surely keep a check on the duo. Strangely, I noticed that the beams from these Osram 35W HIDs are a bit cooler than the stock halogens, when I touch the headlight lens after the light has run for a good hour or so.
Yes - I have experienced the same when I had this Osram kit in my Nexon too.
I think that is primarily due to the bulbs already being of a lower wattage. At 35W, the power consumption is significantly lower. Of course - HIDs and Halogens is not an apple to apple comparison. But still - the lower power consumption certainly results in lower temperature overall.
Quote:
Not only in Brezza, I have seen that most cars with low beam halogen projectors are not that good in terms of light output and people mostly have to rely on high beams leveled down in order to get a better visibility most of the time. Perhaps the build quality of these stock 2.5 inch projectors are not that great. I'll be retrofitting Hella BRT in the headlights in future; not that happy with the stock projector performance.
That is more or less a universal truth. All stock projectors are poor. At least on this side of 15-17L Rupees.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 17:33   #1676
BHPian

Hello everyone

I had a issue with my Brezza since last 15days, wherein every time I encountered a speed breaker or a pothole, my driver seat backrest would make a strange noise (like a ‘tok’). The issue had increased lately.

I reported the issue during my 3rd free service which was scheduled last week. Luckily the service centre acknowledged the issue after multiple test rides, but were unable to pinpoint the cause. I was again called after a couple of days for diagnosis by the service centre, wherein a third party seat expert was supposed to evaluate the seat. The so called expert removed the stitching of the seat cover and inserted some foam padding between the metal springs, but that too didn’t help. Subsequently the body shop technician was called and told to check the seat, he tightened some bolts and after multiple test rides, acknowledged the issue with the seat backrest. Incidentally he also acknowledged play in the seat base. Finally the service centre agreed to change my driver seat backrest under warranty. Luckily I didn’t install any aftermarket seat covers, otherwise they would have blamed the installation and not honour any warranty claim.

My Brezza is October 2019 make, with 8500km on the odometer. Wanted to know if anyone else had any issues with the Brezza seat, apart from the ergonomics mentioned here, and can only seat backrest be changed, without changing the seat base ?

Regards.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2020, 18:37   #1677
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Brezza is October 2019 make, with 8500km on the odometer. Wanted to know if anyone else had any issues with the Brezza seat, apart from the ergonomics mentioned here, and can only seat backrest be changed, without changing the seat base ?
Yes - only the back-rest can be changed. However you must be 100% convinced that the noise is coming from the back & nowhere else in the base (like the recline adjustment / height adjustment or horizontal movement rails etc.). If you have even the slightest doubt of this kind - please demand a complete seat assembly change rather than just the back.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 10:31   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Yes - only the back-rest can be changed. However you must be 100% convinced that the noise is coming from the back & nowhere else in the base (like the recline adjustment / height adjustment or horizontal movement rails etc.). If you have even the slightest doubt of this kind - please demand a complete seat assembly change rather than just the back.
Thank you Reinhard, did multiple tests with the service centre, they have zeroed the issue to the seat backrest, the part has been ordered. I had actually asked them to order the whole seat, but the service guys are confident regarding the origin of the noise.

Thanks you, Regards....
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2020, 20:16   #1679
BHPian

Quote:

Hi sumitmajumdarin

Are the fog lights, Halogen or LEDs. Can you please provide the details.

Regards

Last edited by smileline : 19th October 2020 at 20:25.
Old 25th October 2020, 02:58   #1680

Quote:
Hi sumitmajumdarin

Are the fog lights, Halogen or LEDs. Can you please provide the details.

Regards
The fog lights are full LED units

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks