Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2019, 14:36   #1576
Senior - BHPian
 
giri1.8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,021
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
I know this is little late , but yes brezza's ride quality is definitely stiff when compared to swift, baleno, Chevy spark etc. And this is my only complaint regarding brezza, the turbo lag mentioned in many reviews doesn't bother me, but the ride quality is below average in rough roads. I changed my tires from appolo to Micheline 3st to improve ride quality but the improvement is marginal but road noise reduced considerably. I have 13k run zdi+
You couldn't have replied at a better time Doing 100+Km isn't going to be fun on a car with harsh ride, most of the commute will be on bad roads and highways combined. Have decided to look at other options just because of this one factor.

Thanks a lot.
giri1.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 06:33   #1577
Senior - BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 1,278
Thanked: 4,344 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Hello guys, I am looking to replace my dad's celerio. He likes Brezza. I like it too, more so because it is one of the rare marutis with a good crash rating and decent build quality.

I don't care about the gizmos and features. But ride quality is something I give importance to. My ciaz, storme and even kwid have really pliant ride quality.

From many sources, I hear brezza ride quality is not that great. Is it manageable (dad seldom does long distance runs), but being a bigger car, we may use it occasionally for intercity runs.

Or should I go for the dated yet very practical Duster 85ps?
PrasannaDhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 07:12   #1578
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NH209
Posts: 1,688
Thanked: 874 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Or should I go for the dated yet very practical Duster 85ps?
The S-cross has a better ride quality and still has a decent ground clearance.

With your low running, why not a petrol model, say, Ecosport or Venue 1.0?
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 07:15   #1579
Senior - BHPian
 
PrasannaDhana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: TN
Posts: 1,278
Thanked: 4,344 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
The S-cross has a better ride quality and still has a decent ground clearance.

With your low running, why not a petrol model, say, Ecosport or Venue 1.0?
Our usage is not low. If it is a compact SUV, I will also be using it occasionally. I drive 120-150km a day. Hence petrols out of contention.

S cross is a good option. I need to test drive it and see if I can get some nice discounts. Thank you.
PrasannaDhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 07:38   #1580
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BIHAR
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 3,209 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post

S cross is a good option. I need to test drive it and see if I can get some nice discounts. Thank you.
S-Cross has a running discount of 50000 plus 5 year warranty, add exchange bonus and corporate etc, and it comes to around 1,13,000/-

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review-img_20190917_073751__01.jpg

The suspension setup of Brezza is neither soft nor hard. If you maintain correct tyre pressure and speed, it gobbles up potholes and bad roads with ease. But when it comes to ride and handling, S-Cross is better.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 09:44   #1581
BHPian
 
krish3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Cochin/Bangalore
Posts: 690
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Our usage is not low. If it is a compact SUV, I will also be using it occasionally. I drive 120-150km a day. Hence petrols out of contention.

S cross is a good option. I need to test drive it and see if I can get some nice discounts. Thank you.
The S-Cross has a much better ride quality than the Brezza. For a bit more money, you'll get a much better vehicle, but with an underpowered engine. A remap should fix that.

The brezza ride quality is stiff, but not so stiff that the passengers will complain. My wife thought my brother's Honda City was worse than the Brezza. The Brezza's higher sidewall does give a bit of cushioning.

That said, the S-Cross & Ecosport has a better ride quality than the Brezza. Not sure about the other options in the segment. Do test drive every vehicle you'd like to test and then decide.
krish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2019, 10:16   #1582
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 189
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

I bought a Brezza in September. After having used an Innova for 14yrs now, it was time to change, but I didn't want another Innova, which the family felt is too big for city. My wife or daughters refuse to take it out.

So, my lookout as for a reasonably safe highway car, that you won't hate to take out in City. We had a Zen Estilo to exchange too.

I needed an automatic, with high ground clearance.

WRV didn't have an automatic, so it was ruled out.

I liked Ecosport. But it has an overpriced automatic (They have stopped trend line automatic), and it's rear seat seemed cramped.

I did not like Venue. I felt even the driver seat was cramped.

In the segment Nexon and XUV are far more better engineered cars, if you can put up with niggling problems and relatively poor after sale experience. Especially Nexon. I loved the feeling within the car. But, I did not consider XUV or NEXON at all, because my experience of after sales service and reliability with Indian manufacturers hasn't been very good.

So, my choice narrowed down to Brezza. It is clearly a compromise.

Positives:
- Little more spacious than all cars, except XUV.
- Suzuki Reliability, peace of mind
- 4Star NCAP, making it suitable for highway
- AMT is decent enough, especially in manual mode
- Fuel efficiency

Negatives:
- Seats are tad bit narrow. I measured the seats. It is 18inch x 18inch in driver's seat. My Innova measures 19x19inches. So clearly, I may have been pampered by the seat size of Innova.

On it's own driver seats may be OKish, but rear seats may tire someone if they sit continously for 5-6hrs.

- NVH levels aren't too good. I got 3M damping done, but still I can hear the road noise, and engine noise a bit more than I'd have ideally liked.

- Suspension is a bit stiff in certain circumstances. Ride is not as plush as Ertiga for example. But, high speed ride is comfortable enough.

- Dirver seat is more inside, thus ingress/egress is a bit more difficult than even Innova.

Brezza still is big for the city. My wife & I end up arguing over who will take drive out the E2O. Who ever has business in congested area ends up taking the E2O. E2O has no competition as a city car.

But, as a mix of highway & city, Brezza works out OK.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 12:57   #1583
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 14,499
Thanked: 30,622 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Maruti Suzuki ensures that it is not going to allow Hyundai to easily take the best selling Compact SUV throne.

Bounces back and beats Venue by a comfortable margin in Sept.-19 dispatches.

Brezza also became the best selling SUV for Sep’19.

Name:  c.JPG
Views: 2197
Size:  54.1 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th October 2019 at 12:59.
volkman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 02:05   #1584
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Balurghat
Posts: 9
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit

After purchasing the MS Vitara Brezza ZDi in wee 2019, I was quite confident that the light output from stock projectors would be adequate for highway driving, but to my utter surprise, the stock H7 halogen projectors throw literally a feeble beam on the highway and without switching on the high beams, it's impossible to see the road even on a clear night.
As it is not feasible to drive on with the high beams throughout, owing to glare caused to oncoming vehicles, you have to depend on low beam projectors and equally inadequate stock fog lamps.
This is nothing short of experiencing a chilled spine out on a dark night on the highway. Heard of an accident where the poor guy ploughed his Brezza into a stationary road roller parked on the highway due to visibility issues with stock lights.

-- Hacks tried:
01. Upgraded projectors with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus halogen H7 (55W) bulbs.
Benefits: Nothing. Investment wasted!
02. Upgraded projectors with Philips Xtreme Ultinon LED H7 units.
Benefits: Pure white light and premium looks for the vehicle; no improvement in visibility. Investment wasted!
03. Upgraded projectors with Osram 4300K HID Xenarc 35W Gen-1 conversion kit.
Benefits: Light output from projector low beams increased roughly twice than what was before. The colour of 4300K light is between yellow halogens and pure white LEDs, it is much like daylight and a breeze to locate hurdles in the dark.
Investment paid off to an extent!



-- What I discovered:
After investing a total of around 17K-18K (INR) in 3 bulb upgrades, I discovered that the stock projectors in Brezza, even with the Osram HIDs, could not throw workable amount of light to illuminate the roads.
Tried aligning the bulbs in every possible way, but output from projectors was still devoid of a clear cut-off and the beam pattern was weird; it was in an 'U' shape where the peripheral sides of vehicle had illumination but the centre was not properly illuminated. To lessen glare, the stock projectors sport a ribbed lens, which further cuts light output.

Regarding auxiliary lights, I have swapped stock fogs with a pair of Osram LEDriving DRL-cum-fog LED setup from our earlier Wagon R. The fogs are of no use on the highways though; they just do their job of glowing as DRLs during the day, as cornering lights, as pure white & energy efficient fog lights as well as hazard lights.
Also, I have got a Hella 350 12LED 25W light bar installed on top of registration plate with Hella brackets, which is aligned between high & low beam lengths.

I use the Hella LED bar with the Osram HIDs in stock projectors & Osram LED fogs to get the job of low beam illumination done.

Reflector high beams on the Brezza surprisingly are really outstanding in throw and intensity.

-- Next upgrade plan:
Going for bi-xenon projectors in quad setup retrofitted from professionals in factory headlight assemblies. Hella G5-BRT or Hella G7-BRTs with Osram or Philips HIDs are preferably on the cards.
They are capable enough to churn out intense 'light' which will be all-weather friendly and can instill confidence to drive on highways at night. The Osram LED fogs and Hella LED bar will remain as they are now, but I hope the quad setup so planned can alone handle the darkest of the dark nights with ease.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 17:54. Reason: Moved to the Brezza thread.
sumitmajumdarin is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 14:12   #1585
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,127
Thanked: 4,091 Times
Default Re: DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmajumdarin View Post
I discovered that the stock projectors in Brezza, even with the Osram HIDs, could not throw workable amount of light to illuminate the roads.
Tried aligning the bulbs in every possible way, but output from projectors was still devoid of a clear cut-off and the beam pattern was weird; it was in an 'U' shape where the peripheral sides of vehicle had illumination but the centre was not properly illuminated. To lessen glare, the stock projectors sport a ribbed lens, which further cuts light output.
Yes most stock lenses come with a ribbed pattern & also an offset layer in the top part of the lens to control/diffuse glare. Externally when looked at, the Brezza, Ciaz, Nexon lenses seem quite identical. Yet we are seeing quite a few reports of the Osram HID performance not being too good on the Brezza. I'm wondering why. It has been reported frequently to be very good on the Ciaz. So Maruti uses different projector setups on these 2 cars perhaps? But I don't see a reason why they'd do so! Quite a few that I know have upgraded to this kit on the Nexon & the lighting is very bright & good. Intriguing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmajumdarin View Post
Also, I have got a Hella 350 12LED 25W light bar installed on top of registration plate with Hella brackets, which is aligned between high & low beam lengths.
Its always a grey area depending on which part of the country one lives in - but aren't these LED bars illegal for urban/highway use and authorized only for off-road purposes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmajumdarin View Post
-- Next upgrade plan:
Going for bi-xenon projectors in quad setup retrofitted from professionals in factory headlight assemblies. Hella G5-BRT or Hella G7-BRTs with Osram or Philips HIDs are preferably on the cards.
Is this available as an MGA? If not - won't this kill the electrical warranty immediately? Its a modification in stock design as well as specifications of headlamps. And its not something like fog-lamps that the A-S-S staff won't notice. A fully modified and retrofitted headlamp console that looks 100 times better than normal cars, will immediately grab attention & raise doubts on warranty. Make friends at your regular MASC before you do this I suggest.

Why not try a 55W low beam conversion kit first? The Osram kit is 35W & yet better than stock right? A good IPHCAR/CrystalEye 55W conversion kit will surely give far better output. It might solve your problem far cheaper. The kit is exactly like the Osram one & you can simply take out the current one & plug in this one. Will be very cheap. Around the same cost as the Osram kit.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 17:54. Reason: Moved to the Brezza thread.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2019, 14:18   #1586
Distinguished - BHPian
 
BoneCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: BIHAR
Posts: 1,684
Thanked: 3,209 Times
Default Re: DIY - Tata Nexon XZ+ - Osram 35W HID conversion kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumitmajumdarin View Post
After purchasing the MS Vitara Brezza ZDi in wee 2019, I was quite confident that the light output from stock projectors would be adequate for highway driving, but to my utter surprise, the stock H7 halogen projectors throw literally a feeble beam on the highway and without switching on the high beams, it's impossible to see the road even on a clear night.
That's very much the case with the top trims of Brezza. The low beam halogens are poorer than a candlelight.

Quote:
Hacks tried:
01. Upgraded projectors with Philips Xtreme Vision Plus halogen H7 (55W) bulbs.
Benefits: Nothing. Investment wasted!
02. Upgraded projectors with Philips Xtreme Ultinon LED H7 units.
Benefits: Pure white light and premium looks for the vehicle; no improvement in visibility. Investment wasted!
03. Upgraded projectors with Osram 4300K HID Xenarc 35W Gen-1 conversion kit.
Good to see that you've gradually moved up the ladder of upgrade which in case of Brezza is actually futile.


Quote:
-- What I discovered:
After investing a total of around 17K-18K (INR) in 3 bulb upgrades, I discovered that the stock projectors in Brezza, even with the Osram HIDs, could not throw workable amount of light to illuminate the roads.
That's true. Brezza stock projectors are very flimsy and not good at illumination.


Quote:
Next upgrade plan:
Going for bi-xenon projectors in quad setup retrofitted from professionals in factory headlight assemblies. .
Choose your retrofitter properly. Brezza headlights are sealed using some stupid material which leads to some damages to locks if not properly done. I'll suggest to go for only the projector swap. If you really plan for a quad setup, buy a separate set of headlights and then tinker with it.

Read this for experience sake. Link (Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade))

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 17:54. Reason: Moved to the Brezza thread.
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2019, 04:19   #1587
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Balurghat
Posts: 9
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Its always a grey area depending on which part of the country one lives in - but aren't these LED bars illegal for urban/highway use and authorized only for off-road purposes?
Hella 350 LED bars are available in 3 variants: flood, high beam and pencil beam. I have selected the high beam type, having 12 LEDs with individual micro projectors, which have got a sharp cut-off line and throw similar to high beam headlights. Hella says that the pencil beam variant is strictly for off-highway, agricultural and commercial use, while flood and high beam ones can be used on highways, provided they are correctly aligned.

I have aligned the LED bar in such a way that it hits just below the stock high beam mark, which is why oncoming vehicles do not get blinded by the strong light, while giving me a good visibility. Police at several highway 'naka-checkings' have not asked me to turn off or dismantle the light bar. However, each time I visit a new place, I always put on an opaque cover (designed by and for the LED bar by Hella) during the daytime, so that I do not have to face any unwarranted hurdle from the local Police. Believe me, this Hella LED bar is a great companion on the highways when you have weak headlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Choose your retrofitter properly. Brezza headlights are sealed using some stupid material which leads to some damages to locks if not properly done. I'll suggest to go for only the projector swap. If you really plan for a quad setup, buy a separate set of headlights and then tinker with it.

Read this for experience sake. Link (Terrible experience with Autobots, Gurgaon (headlight upgrade))
Thanks a lot for your suggestion and sharing the link. It's really a pain to see your machine suffering from such unprofessional work.
Fortunately, I am in touch with two professional and dependable persons, who have gained good reputation over the years for their passion, efficiency and honesty. One is Mr. Anton (The Automotive Lighting Experts) and other one is Mr. Debraj Bhaskar (DVJ Auto Tech). Discussed at lengths about the project. Both of them get customers who have had bitter experience of suffering an unprofessional and ruined mod-job with the stock headlights.
I was initially more inclined with installing Bi-LED projectors in quad setup, but the remote possibility of the LED projector(s) going kaput in distant future compelled me to change my stance and move towards Hella Bi-Xenon BRT projectors with dependable ignitors, ballasts and Philips/Osram HID lamps. I will get the option to change individual parts of the HID setup and can get saved from opening up the headlight assembly if anything goes wrong. However, one thing that I will miss out is the 'Pass' light during daytime, which would have stayed with the Bi-LEDs; but at the end of the day, its the 'light' you see on the road that matters the most.

Last edited by ampere : 25th October 2019 at 07:32. Reason: back to back posts merged
sumitmajumdarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2019, 10:12   #1588
Distinguished - BHPian
 
volkman10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: --
Posts: 14,499
Thanked: 30,622 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Current Vitara Brezza sees good demand . No production cuts in November.

Based on demand the DDiS will be still available post Dec-19 too.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 08:23   #1589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Hosur
Posts: 518
Thanked: 462 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Went for alignment and balancing last week. My Brezza's rear tyres will last for another 10 to 15k as per tyre shop guy. My car has run just 29k kms! Didnt expect the tyres to wear out so soon. Its MRF tyres. I am planning to replace all the 5 tyres in one go around March next year. Suggestions for tyre brands please. My requirements are the tyre should have a good life, able to last long in the Bangalore roads, riding comfort.
sairamboko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2019, 10:06   #1590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 709
Thanked: 271 Times
Default Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Went for alignment and balancing last week. My Brezza's rear tyres will last for another 10 to 15k as per tyre shop guy. My car has run just 29k kms! Didnt expect the tyres to wear out so soon. Its MRF tyres. I am planning to replace all the 5 tyres in one go around March next year. Suggestions for tyre brands please. My requirements are the tyre should have a good life, able to last long in the Bangalore roads, riding comfort.
Michelin, eyes closed. Check if there are any upgrades suitable for Brezza. Else keep OEM tyre size.
With moderate load and driving any tyres will last for about 50000km. I had exceptional Bridgestones on Santro (car weight also matters) that gave me 70000km. But none after that.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 14th November 2019 at 10:09.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ICE upgrades for the Maruti Vitara Brezza anycatd In-Car Entertainment 31 1st December 2016 12:09
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016 GTO The Indian Car Scene 1121 10th April 2016 14:49
The Maruti Vitara Brezza Compact SUV volkman10 The Indian Car Scene 635 3rd February 2016 15:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks