Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2016, 07:30   #976
BHPian

Re: Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
If anything, you've also highlighted that personal biases matter just as much. The Brezza is inferior option to its own stable mate, the Ciaz, which I also own and offers all the pluses you've mentioned about the Brezza (reliability, great mileage, service etc.) I suppose that's the entire basis for my argument here - I couldn't believe how built to a price Maruti's "SUV" felt to drive and sit in and can't see why anyone would buy a Brezza over a Ciaz other than the willingness to sacrifice quality, luxury and comfort for looks and the image of off road capability (without any actual ability).
I've been asked the same question by many folks. When I say my car cost more than 10 lakhs, many respond with "You could have bought a Honda City". I think that it's just the herd mindset that 'length of car is directly proportional to social status/luxury'. For the same money, I had the option of Ciaz VDi+ or ZDi at a bit of a stretch. While I loved the SHVS system (I switch off the engine at traffic stops) and the overall looks, I wanted the high seating position offered by the CUVs. It is a definite advantage in traffic, and greatly reduces fatigue during night drives. It also aids your ability to judge the oncoming traffic better and thus help plan your moves better. The shorter length of the CUVs is also a definite plus in the city and while parking.

There's also the better level of equipment that most CUVs come with, at the same price point. A sedan that's as well equipped as the Brezza ZDi+ or the Ecosport Titanium+ would cost close to a lakh more, AFAIK.

Another factor that definitely influenced my choice for a CUV (though it should not have) is the fact that every one of my neighbours had either a sedan or a compact sedan, including the Etios, Dzire, Ciaz, City and the Vento. My previous car was an Indigo CS. I think that several CUV buyers like me, make their decision as they want something different from the crowd. With the way the Brezza bookings are going and looking at the large number of Brezzas already on the road, it seems as if the 'crowd' itself is now changing. Sedans might become 'cool' again!
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 09:53   #977
BHPian

Me and my friend got the delivery of Maruthi Brezza ZDI+ in the gap of 25 days. Mine has run 950kms and my friend’s 200kms so far. I have noticed steering issues with both the cars. Steering does not come back to straight position by itself when moving at slow in 10~20kmph speed. While speed is higher around 30~50kmph it comes back slowly but not completely to straight position. Everything it requires manually turning it back to straight position. Anybody have noticed similar issue in Brezza? Is it something which happens when the vehicle is new and correct by itself?
Old 7th November 2016, 13:05   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I think that it's just the herd mindset that 'length of car is directly proportional to social status/luxury'.
With the way the Brezza bookings are going and looking at the large number of Brezzas already on the road, it seems as if the 'crowd' itself is now changing. Sedans might become 'cool' again!
As RS Kalsi quoted, "Unchi is the new lambi"(tall is the new long) during the Brezza launch, the trend of UV's is here to stay for a while. With the current trend, the sales of Brezza could easily go past the swift/Dzire if not for the production constraints.

Sadly, it will be a while for the sedans to recover barring the Ciaz which sells because of the brand.
Old 7th November 2016, 20:27   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
As RS Kalsi quoted, "Unchi is the new lambi"(tall is the new long) during the Brezza launch, the trend of UV's is here to stay for a while. With the current trend, the sales of Brezza could easily go past the swift/Dzire if not for the production constraints.

Sadly, it will be a while for the sedans to recover barring the Ciaz which sells because of the brand.
I think that there's still a market for sedans, as they are generally more sporty and more comfortable. None of the CUVs can offer a ride that's comparable to a sedan. They lose out on handling as well, with the body roll that's a function of the ride height. The Ciaz, City, Verna and the Vento all have wider rear seats, larger boots, and more room than the CUVs.

Really, it's the Compact sedans and premium hatchbacks that are taking the hit, IMO. The top end variants of the CSedans are priced just about the same as the CUVs, and since most CSedans don't have that much rear room or boot space, CUV buyers don't feel they lose out much. Premium hatches are feeling the heat though, and the proof is the i20 Active, Urban Cross, Avventura, CrossPolo, Etios Cross etc.

I think that the Unchi has been the new Lambi since the launch of the Duster. We all remember when the Duster had long waiting periods, and the frenzy during the launch of the Ecosport. India has been SUV country since politicos and film stars moved from Mercs to LandCruisers and Pajeros. It's just that they didn't get affordable to own, run and maintain till the advent of the Duster, with it's alluring combo of good FE and SUV charm. Every CUV that followed, from the Ecosport to the Creta, got an overwhelming response. Except for the S-Cross, which as a crossover, was simply confused and confusing.

What MSIL did with the Brezza was to offer the perfect solution to the Car=Maruti crowd who had been eyeing these CUVs with fascination, but were reluctant to leave the reassuring cover of the MSIL umbrella. Here's a real SUV-looking car, with proven Maruti powertrains, backed by Maruti service, quality, brand value, resale expectations and more. It was so potent a threat that Ford did the unthinkable and rushed to undercut the Brezza in price with their Ecosport, a product that is priced over the Duster in every other market. Tata is (as usual) late to the party and hopefully, they're studying the menu. Mahindra has offered a wide array of half-baked solutions with typically (for M&M) polarizing styling cues. We have the Brezza to thank for really shaking up the CUV segment and putting the other manufacturers on their toes. Thanks to the Brezza feeding frenzy, we got the updated 100PS Ecosport, the 100PS TUV and the Nuvosport. I've no doubt Tata's Nexon will try and one-up the Brezza in terms of equipment and pricing.

Last edited by vivekgk : 7th November 2016 at 20:29.
vivekgk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th November 2016, 21:18   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
I've no doubt Tata's Nexon will try and one-up the Brezza in terms of equipment and pricing.

Tiago itself has equipment, built and interiors quality much superior to the Brezza. No doubt the Nexon will beat the Brezza black and blue in this department!
With looks very similar to Swift and interiors sub standard (for a 10 lakh car), Maruti is laughing all the way to its bank with people buying them in hordes.
In the meanwhile Ecosport with dual airbags as standard and upgraded 100 PS diesel engine, is a great value for a compact SUV buyer today.
Old 11th November 2016, 13:07   #981
BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza : Official Review

Got my Brezza's 3'rd service done on 9767 kms. Also got the underbody coating at Rohan Motor Noida. Was refused to change the air filter element even though I was willing to pay for it. Got the AC cabin filter changed too, as the ac was stinking due to driving in dusty environs.

I think I am one of the first owners of the Brezza(got delivery in last days of March).I have said this earlier also. Its a Swift on stilts with smaller seats. Infact I find it has more turbo lag than my swift.

I bought this as a city runabout and its a good car that ways. But its not an SUV by any stretch of imagination, no matter what the marketing guys at Maruti say.
However the build quality is rather poor especially under the dashboard.

And even though I have damping sheets applied in all four doors and boot lid, the thin windows glass creak and rattle when opened.

Overall its a jack of all trades kind of car. And I would have bought a Ford Ecosport diesel if I the steering column didn't foul with my feet. Plus I find the ride of the Brezza to be much more absorbant compared to the Ecosport.

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 11th November 2016 at 13:09.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 15:32   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by texens View Post
Did a physical inspection of my brezza ZDI at dealer site today. I popped the bonnet to check the VIN number, and it seems the format has been changed. Usually last two alphabets (after cross) denote the month and year, but in my car the VIN didn't have any alphabets after the cross. Somewhere in the middle, I did see a "GE" which would denote 2016 May, so I guess that should be it.
I'll be driving it home, once the registration formalities are completed - hopefully by Saturday or Monday.
Hi, couldn't find further details on decoding Brezza VIN. Were you able to figure out the full 21 character VIN or it is 17 now? If yes, how can we decode this.
Brezza owners, please help.
Old 16th November 2016, 14:45   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csd42419 View Post
Me and my friend got the delivery of Maruthi Brezza ZDI+ in the gap of 25 days. Mine has run 950kms and my friend’s 200kms so far. I have noticed steering issues with both the cars. Steering does not come back to straight position by itself when moving at slow in 10~20kmph speed. While speed is higher around 30~50kmph it comes back slowly but not completely to straight position. Everything it requires manually turning it back to straight position. Anybody have noticed similar issue in Brezza? Is it something which happens when the vehicle is new and correct by itself?
This is a general characteristic of the Maruti Steering wheel. Below 20 kmph, it will not return to center when turned completely and needs some assistance.

I prefer it this way rather than some over-enthusiastic steering wheel which aggressively return to center. These make driving cumbersome as you need to use more strength to hold the steering in a non-center position.

I observed this in Xcent where the steering was constantly trying to return to center.
dheepak10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 15:51   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Got my Brezza's 3'rd service done on 9767 kms. Also got the underbody coating at Rohan Motor Noida. Was refused to change the air filter element even though I was willing to pay for it. Got the AC cabin filter changed too, as the ac was stinking due to driving in dusty environs.

I think I am one of the first owners of the Brezza(got delivery in last days of March).I have said this earlier also. Its a Swift on stilts with smaller seats. Infact I find it has more turbo lag than my swift.

I bought this as a city runabout and its a good car that ways. But its not an SUV by any stretch of imagination, no matter what the marketing guys at Maruti say.
However the build quality is rather poor especially under the dashboard.

And even though I have damping sheets applied in all four doors and boot lid, the thin windows glass creak and rattle when opened.

Overall its a jack of all trades kind of car. And I would have bought a Ford Ecosport diesel if I the steering column didn't foul with my feet. Plus I find the ride of the Brezza to be much more absorbant compared to the Ecosport.
+1 except for the turbo lag experience. I find turbo lag much less than my 1st gen Dzire.

El-cheapo materials used almost everywhere is very disappointing. I also passed Ecosport for the same reason + lack of a decent HU.
Old 18th November 2016, 23:36   #985
BANNED

Took a short 5km test drive of brezza today, felt power delivery to be too linear compared to diesel ritz and swift, that punch was missing, can anyone comment on this? But low end was definitely better than swift.

I thoroughly enjoy the pulling power of Ritz Ldi with 5 people on-board with AC, Is brezza equally good with 5 people on-board? Is it an upgrade over Ritz?
And also steering of ritz feels toyish, brezza's any better?

I will be booking brezza or eco sport this week, which one will be better in engine department?
Old 19th November 2016, 15:08   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Took a short 5km test drive of brezza today, felt power delivery to be too linear compared to diesel ritz and swift, that punch was missing, can anyone comment on this? But low end was definitely better than swift.

I thoroughly enjoy the pulling power of Ritz Ldi with 5 people on-board with AC, Is brezza equally good with 5 people on-board? Is it an upgrade over Ritz?

I will be booking brezza or eco sport this week, which one will be better in engine department?
I drive a Ritz VDi 2011 model and have recently bought a Brezza ZDi+. You may have found the Ritz to be more peppy as compared to the Brezza in view of the later's bigger size. However, after driving the Brezza for a few months, I don't find it anyway less in terms of pulling power even with 5 adults on board with AC.

Brezza, definitely an upgrade over Ritz but I must admit Ritz/ Swift to be more peppy/ agile in terms of handling, which possibly has got to do with the size.

Between Ecosport and Brezza, I personally chose Brezza but entirely a personal choice as both are equally good cars. However, you have to weigh your preferences/ priorities. For me it was, better looks, Maruti's after sales service, resale value, mileage, reliability.

Trust this helps!
jbpanda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 19:41   #987
Sip
BHPian

Quote:

Ecosport engine is simply better and no one should find difficulty in choosing between the engines!

I am afraid to say that post price increase Brezza is lesser lucrative VFM product today. Maruti always does increase the prices of its popular vehicles at every opportunity. They have been doing it earlier for Swift and Dzire now they have done it for Baleno and Brezza and shall hike in future too.
Sip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 11:40   #988
BHPian

Our family owned a Ford Ikon quite sometime back with the Rocam Petrol engine and I quite loved the power of the engine. Even otherwise, Ford cars are known for their engines. Having said that, I have been driving the 1.3 DDiS in my Ritz, my father's Swift and in my Brezza as well. An excellent balance of all attributes of a good engine with super performance and not to be underestimated by any stretch of imagination. No wonder it's popularly called the Engine of the Nation.

I wish Maruti considered using it in the Gypsy with AC and Power Steering and I am sure there will be many to grab it.
jbpanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 21:10   #989
BHPian

Quote:

I don't think even the new generation swift will have that punch of the original first gen swifts. Maruti sacrificed it for better mileage. Personally felt the 90BHP better to drive than current gen Swift. Even the petrol swift feels a tad underperforming compared to the first gen K12 in old shape body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Our family owned a Ford Ikon quite sometime back with the Rocam Petrol engine and I quite loved the power of the engine. Even otherwise, Ford cars are known for their engines. Having said that, I have been driving the 1.3 DDiS in my Ritz, my father's Swift and in my Brezza as well. An excellent balance of all attributes of a good engine with super performance and not to be underestimated by any stretch of imagination. No wonder it's popularly called the Engine of the Nation.

I wish Maruti considered using it in the Gypsy with AC and Power Steering and I am sure there will be many to grab it.
Once it starts rolling there's no stopping it. The turbo lag is present but it doesn't last long. With 5 people on board and A/C on, we were able to climb a pretty steep slope in second gear without a strain on the engine.

Current Mileage is around 19 for highways and 17.4 for city "without" using a "light foot". Engine is improving with age. Expecting above 20 mileages on highway after third service.

Is it possible to get autofolding OVRM on ZDi? Even Swift VXi has it, typical cost cutting. Also wanted to install the original ZDi+ Armrest if possible. Any info?
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2016, 22:35   #990
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
I don't think even the new generation swift will have that punch of the original first gen swifts. Maruti sacrificed it for better mileage. Personally felt the 90BHP better to drive than current gen Swift. Even the petrol swift feels a tad underperforming compared to the first gen K12 in old shape body.
oh, that's bad :/
Eco sports 1.5 mill is what not allowing me to finalize on brezza. Rest of the package i like brezza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anycatd View Post
Also wanted to install the original ZDi+ Armrest if possible. Any info?
Front arm rest can be installed on ZDI @ 3k , someone has done it in this forum,i saw the post.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks