Team-BHP - Skoda Superb : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Skoda Superb : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/175340-skoda-superb-official-review-101.html)

Skoda India planning to bring back diesel engine with Superb.

The 2024 Superb made its global debut in November last year. In the international markets, the new Superb gets six engine options-3 petrol, 2 diesel and a PHEV.

However, when the model arrives in India, it will likely feature 2 engine options, a locally manufactured 2.0l turbo petrol engine and a fully imported diesel trim.

Link:

Any recommendations for tyres for Superb ? Primary requirement is comfort

Two of my initial Apollo Aspire tires were worn out past 32K, and so changed all four rather than just the two. I have gone with the Bridgestone Turanza tires of the same specification. Have done around a thousand kilometers on it, and overall the comfort and grip levels are better than the older tires. Can't comment on the mileage as it still hovers around the same.

2018 superb I picked up used in Feb last year. At 38000km. Driven another 40k. The front shocks needed replacement so instead of OE I put Bilstein B6 all around cost me 80k landed.

Wow it has transformed the car, it has removed all the boat like feeling at the rear, I used to get nauseous sometimes, 80% driven by driver on national highways. Front is become more sharp and eager to turn.

The compromise is that big expansion joints are felt. But I have the same shocks on my Jetta and they have crossed 1 lakh km, no crashing yet, just become stiffer. Going by that if these last as much I will be most happy. I recommend them to anyone due for a replacement.

Unrelated query. I have just started hearing some flywheel noise, it's a TDI DSG. What is the recommendation? Change or wait till it gets worse? OEM or LUk?

Thanks.

Very pleased to share with the TeamBHP family that our Škoda Superb L&K (Nirvāna), MY2022 recently completed 20K kilometers on the odo. ( doing what it does best, driving over a favorite stretch of the Himalayan roads 🤩 )

The car’s been with us for ~1.5 years, and it has endeared itself more than we anticipated at the time of purchase. It’s become our go to choice as a ride for all reasons and all seasons, such is its versatility and comfort/appeal.

Nirvāna has proven as a trusty steed (knocking on wood) for those ‘calming’ solo drives and the ‘fully loaded’ family holidays, taking us around our beloved country — be it the arid and red hot Rajasthan or the cold of the lush forested Himalayan destinations, cities, countryside and everywhere else, without so much as a whimper. Here are some images from my previous post.
Quote:

Attachment 2397481
Quote:

Attachment 2397496
( Really wish it came with the Euro-spec 4x4, and my related rants on a previous thread here )
Quote:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5486615
The 2.0L TSI engine under the hood of this car is such a gem of a motor even in its stock form (much praises have been heaped already by our fellow members), paired with the excellent 7-speed DSG transmission makes small work of even the long and tedious journeys — 8-10 hours or more of travel are dispatched effortlessly and with nary any fatigue.

Open roads are sure to bring a wide smile with decent 2-digit fuel efficiency ( personal best clocked just under 20 kmpl of XP95 by IOCL ). However, I struggle to bother about extracting the most fuel economy once those long open highways/expressways strech ahead and just love enjoying the full performance on offer. 😇

Happy to report that apart from routine service, the car has demanded very little in terms of maintenance and care. Until the next time, signing off with a couple of photos @20K kilometres. :Cheering: Cheers All!

2024 Skoda Superb launched in India at Rs. 54 lakh https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/models/superb/superb

This is a huge price bump considering , it doesn't get any new features from its previous gen. Even ADAS , Matrix headlamps are omitted!

Brochure:

Although, it is a limited 100 units as CBU, it doesnt feel value at this price point competing with the luxury brands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by paras211 (Post 5746974)
Unrelated query. I have just started hearing some flywheel noise, it's a TDI DSG. What is the recommendation? Change or wait till it gets worse? OEM or LUk ?

Thanks.

Congrats on the B6. They truly transform the car. I ve been using them on my jetta. While they may last a really long time the ride does get a little harsh, try replacing the end bushings every 30-40k km. Makes a big difference to the ride.

For the flywheel I would suggest a replace as soon as possible. Avoid long trips. It may pack up all of a sudden. OEM is also in all probability a LUK in a different package with a hefty price. Running LUK since a while no issues.