Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 10:59   #46
BHPian

Re: Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Saw a yellow board e2O on Monday evening. Couldn't click a pic due to the traffic. But quite surprised that it was a yellow board.
Maybe the one that you saw belonged to the fleet of electric cars run by Lithium, a cab service consisting of only e2o s.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...bangalore.html
wanderlust is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 11:27   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Saw a yellow board e2O on Monday evening. Couldn't click a pic due to the traffic. But quite surprised that it was a yellow board.
These belong to transport firm Lithium.
Cab services firm Lithium has a fleet of E2Os providing transport solutions to companies in Bangalore. I see them everyday. These E2O have quick charging port which will charge the battery in under 90mins.
speedmiester is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 16:45   #48
aLY
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea about the sales figure of e2O Plus? Have never got to see one in the flesh?
Old 27th January 2017, 22:17   #49
BHPian

I don't have sales figures but did get my hand on e2o plus for 3 hours, mid variant.

Mileage in 100 per charge comes to 88 km which is poor compared to earlier e2o.

Ride quality is bad due to poor rear shockers, space crunch for seat next to driver.

Overall fit and finish is poor. CA is noisy and weak. Touch screen is very poor like some our market cheap device.

I also have not seen any on roads.

Thanks, Sanjeev
SanjeevKalra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 07:32   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
These belong to transport firm Lithium.
Cab services firm Lithium has a fleet of E2Os providing transport solutions to companies in Bangalore. I see them everyday. These E2O have quick charging port which will charge the battery in under 90mins.
I always thought the quick charge will reduce the battery life. But, as one of Lithium drivers told me, quite a few cars in Lithium fleet already have 100,000+ on ODO, and still holding charge!! So, battery seems to be reliable.

I have my complaints about E2O, but for someone who can't ride a two wheeler anymore, E2O is a life saver in Mad traffic of Bangalore.

I don't take out my other two cars within City anymore... Wife uses one for shopping & other errands. Innova is strictly for outstation.

Sad that they stopped E2O to bring in E2O Plus. Smaller the car, better for cities.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2017, 16:05   #51
aLY
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
I always thought the quick charge will reduce the battery life. But, as one of Lithium drivers told me, quite a few cars in Lithium fleet already have 100,000+ on ODO, and still holding charge!! So, battery seems to be reliable.
1,00,000 KM on ODO translates into 1000 Charge cycles, if we consider a range of 100KM per charge. No surprise, the Li-ion batteries are supposed to work for double the no. of cycles than this.

The problem will happen with the battery capacity, the more no. of time you Q.C it the faster the capacity depletes. So, the car cannot run the said 100KM/charge anymore, instead it might run for 70-80KM/charge.

If possible, can you confirm with the driver, what is the DTE shows on the cluster after a full charge?
aLY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:47   #52
BHPian

The people in my office campus seem to be turning all "Green" these days.

A Camry Hybrid has been there for a while. But was surprised to see this addition recently.Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review-img_20170228_181053.jpg

Last edited by rohitoasis : 3rd March 2017 at 11:50.
rohitoasis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 13:28   #53
BHPian

Any of you have any information regarding additional tax discounts for electric vehicles during GST rollout?
I am planning to book e2o plus in Trivandrum, Kerala.
The on-road price comes to 8.3L. They are offering 0% interest for 3 years finance option until Mar 31st. I am hoping to get another 30k discount.

Do you suggest to wait until GST rollout?

Last edited by Holyghost : 8th March 2017 at 13:31.
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:38   #54
Senior - BHPian

GST for electric vehicles seem to be the lowest. But i am not sure how to translate it into actual OTR pricing of say E20 plus

Already the car had some form of central subsidies, Does anyone have math ? If the car becomes further cheaper, it might boost sales.
Old 24th May 2017, 17:58   #55
BHPian

Just went through the price list of the E2O.

The prices seem to be the lowest at Delhi (626 k ) and the most expensive at Chennai (845k) where I live.

It doesn't make sense to have a 2.2 lakh difference across cities . Though Delhi might have other incentives , cities like Trivandrum, Pondicherry and Bangalore ( around 7.5 ish) have prices that are at least a lakh cheaper than in Chennai.

No wonder I haven't seen a single E2O in Chennai ��

EV makes a lot of sense in cities like Chennai which have lots of individual homes compared to say Mumbai or Delhi. I could get a charging socket ready for an EV in probably like couple of days .

Imagine how long it would take for an apartment to come up with EV infrastructure. We used to live in Mumbai in a so called good society and the RWA was a pain in the ass and getting work done was tougher than in a government office .

Last edited by Ragavsr : 24th May 2017 at 18:06.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 13:56   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Just went through the price list of the E2O.
The prices seem to be the lowest at Delhi (626 k ) .........Imagine how long it would take for an apartment to come up with EV infrastructure. We used to live in Mumbai in a so called good society and the RWA was a pain in the ass and getting work done was tougher than in a government office .
I agree completely! It would make more sense to offer buyer incentives in cities like Chennai or other places where individual houses are still popular for one reason or another.

The problems in trying to install an individual charger set-up (say in an underground parking lot in a high-rise) can easily be imagined - apart from giving an open invitation to power theft.
Old 31st May 2017, 14:27   #57
BHPian

Government should offer more subsidy to electric vehicles. There is no way people are going to buy a 8 lac electric ar in India. I think other companies should start selling electric cars in India. Distant reality maybe.
Old 16th June 2017, 12:05   #58
Senior - BHPian

Any owners for lower specs P4/P6 here ? I had taken a test drive of Top end and power felt adequate for the car (even on inclines) but I am told that the P4/P6 have lower power motor.

How different(sluggish) are say P4/P6 compared to P8 ?
Old 4th July 2017, 13:15   #59
BHPian

Initial impressions of owning a E20 (4 door)

My wife purchased a E20 four door is now 6 weeks old at home. It has so far completed 3500 kms...keeps running and we barely give it enough time to charge and its out again. A full charge without AC gives 100-105 kms and with AC gives 90 kms or so. Takes about 6 hours for a full charge.

Her daily commute (office on Mysore road) is 65-70 kms plus several 90 kms trips to The Empyrean (close to Chikka Trirupati). Anyone at home wanting to go out anywhere - the EV is the first choice. It has done a couple of airport runs also with check in size bags.

There are a few niggles - once the front door did not unlock (lock replaced now), once or twice the vehicle would not start (so one has to do a reboot) and sometimes some creaks. Coming from Hyundai Xcent, a very accomplished vehicle, this Indian made car needs some getting used. Xcent is still there.

There has also been one software update. Mahindra sent an email asking to bring it in for a full day.

All in all, a very economical and practical vehicle.

Will write up a longer review in some days.

Cheers
Rajain

Last edited by Rajain : 4th July 2017 at 13:17.
Rajain is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2017, 13:26   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajain View Post
Initial impressions of owning a E20 (4 door)

My wife purchased a E20 four door is now 6 weeks old at home. It has so far completed 3500 kms...keeps running and we barely give it enough time to charge and its out again. A full charge without AC gives 100-105 kms and with AC gives 90 kms or so. Takes about 6 hours for a full charge.
3500 km in just 6 week is quite a good amount of running for a car with very scarce and limited range.
Would be great if you can put down a detailed ownership review. And your summarisation(experience), how well it can replace a proper fossil fuel dependent car with the electric one like the way you have moved from xcent to E20 for the daily need runs and errands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks