Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 14:32   #76
BHPian

Re: Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
If you have not bought an E2O yet, it makes sense to wait for the Nano Electric (to be launched soon). You'll at least have an option to compare. I have a feeling that the Nano Electric will be offered at half the price of an E2O.
There is no way you are going to get an Electric Nano for half the price of an E2O. I have been hearing about Electric Nano for more than 2 years and has been eagerly waiting for its launch. I am happy to buy it the moment it is launched as it is a great car for the city use. Then there was Electric version on Bolt and now the Electric Tiago.

And no, I haven't bought the E2O+ yet. I was offered close to 1L discount last month (Aug 2017) as a part of some promotion the company is running. But during my last test drive, the car struggled to climb the steep incline towards the road from my parking area. Though it climbed to the top, it was not convincing enough. If I stop in the middle of the incline, the car will not move forward and we have to reverse all the way back to my parking area try climbing all the way in a single motion. I am worried as the motor/battery ages, any more reduction in power will make the car useless.

I need an electric car soon but I do not have a choice other than E2O. There is a powerful model of E2O, but that will cost above 11L which I dont see a value. My solar setup at home produced 3720 Units of electricity out of which 450 Units were excess and exported to the grid in last one year. This 450 Units was enough to drive the e2O for 4500KMs for free. Now you know how badly I miss an Electric Car. I will increase the solar capacity once I buy an electric car.

So for now, the wait again continues for the next Electric Car in India.
Holyghost is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2017, 14:38   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyghost View Post

I need an electric car soon but I do not have a choice other than E2O. There is a powerful model of E2O, but that will cost above 11L which I dont see a value. My solar setup at home produced 3720 Units of electricity out of which 450 Units were excess and exported to the grid in last one year. This 450 Units was enough to drive the e2O for 4500KMs for free. Now you know how badly I miss an Electric Car. I will increase the solar capacity once I buy an electric car.

So for now, the wait again continues for the next Electric Car in India.
E2O is a good city car. It has shortcomings, but over past 3yrs, I have come to appreciate it. E2O plus is tad too big, but still OK.

If you can get a second hand for reasonable price, pick it up, and dump it when you have another car that is more agreeable... You will not get a sub 10Lakh car with everything you will like for atleast another 5yrs.
hkollar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:52   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar View Post
E2O is a good city car. It has shortcomings, but over past 3yrs, I have come to appreciate it. E2O plus is tad too big, but still OK.

If you can get a second hand for reasonable price, pick it up, and dump it when you have another car that is more agreeable... You will not get a sub 10Lakh car with everything you will like for atleast another 5yrs.
As I said earlier, e2o is a good car but is very under powered. The e2o plus really struggled to climb up the slope from my garage to the main road. If I stop in the middle, there is no way it can continue the climb and has to reversed all the way back. If e2o had the same power as the e2o plus, then I guess, it might be better equipped to climb the slope since it is lighter than e2o plus. Could some one confirm if the motor and torque ratings of e2o and e2o+ is same? If yes, going for used e2o does makes sense as a stop gap arrangement.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2018, 15:49   #79
BHPian

Spotted this e2o plus being used by Indian Oil Aviation at the Chennai Airport. Couldn't help but notice the fact that an electric car is being used as a part of a fleet that supplies fossil fuels to aircrafts. Sign of things to come? Two worlds colliding? Who knows?
Can't help but say this though, the Mahindra e2o plus in the Indian Oil aviation livery looked super-cute in the airport dwarfed by the large aircraft and the huge airport support vehicles.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra e2o Plus : Official Review-img_1874.jpg  

TejasKinger is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 23:06   #80
BHPian

Quote:
As I said earlier, e2o is a good car but is very under powered. The e2o plus really struggled to climb up the slope from my garage to the main road. If I stop in the middle, there is no way it can continue the climb and has to reversed all the way back. If e2o had the same power as the e2o plus, then I guess, it might be better equipped to climb the slope since it is lighter than e2o plus. Could some one confirm if the motor and torque ratings of e2o and e2o+ is same? If yes, going for used e2o does makes sense as a stop gap arrangement.
Just to give an update, I picked up a 2014 e2o (80KM range model) last month for 3.2L in Bangalore. The car had run less than 15K KM and was in a very good condition. The plastic film covering on door side panels and sun visors were still intact. Even the touch screen protective film was intact. Preliminary check at the Mahindra service center were all positive. The range shows 80KM at 100% SOC.
Had been driving it regularly for the past 20 days. Will give it for a full service at Mahindra this month.
Old 12th January 2019, 17:58   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just to give an update, I picked up a 2014 e2o (80KM range model) last month for 3.2L in Bangalore. The car had run less than 15K KM and was in a very good condition. The plastic film covering on door side panels and sun visors were still intact. Even the touch screen protective film was intact. Preliminary check at the Mahindra service center were all positive. The range shows 80KM at 100% SOC.
Had been driving it regularly for the past 20 days. Will give it for a full service at Mahindra this month.
Hello Holy ghost,

How has your ownership experience been of a used 2014 E2O till now?
Old 14th January 2019, 00:32   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Hello Holy ghost,

How has your ownership experience been of a used 2014 E2O till now?
As a city car and as a replacement for your 2 wheeler, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't touched my 2 wheelers in past 5 months and both the bikes have dead batteries. Both my 2 wheelers will need a new battery and a proper service to make them running again.

The point to note here is that I am enjoying it only as a replacement for my 2 wheeler. This vehicle is just a contraption with 4 wheels, Air Conditioner and power steering which can take you from point A to point B with a better comfort than your 2 wheeler but with a messed up ergonomics, suspension, comfort and safety when compared to any other cheap car available in the market.

On the ownership side, Had given the vehicle for service at Sireesh, Jakkur. There were no pending service except a checkup and small leak from roof antenna mount which was fixed for Rs295. The vehicle battery is not at its best and had some errors that popped up during the checkup. But this service center do not have any technicians/tools capable of scanning and fixing battery/motor related issues and was advised to take the vehicle to the Reva service center at HSR, Bangalore. Probably in Mar/Apr I will take the vehicle to HSR for a proper diagnostics. The running cost is just amazing and with a solar setup I am literally driving ~500-750KM per month for free.

Last edited by Holyghost : 14th January 2019 at 00:42.
Holyghost is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 10:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As a city car and as a replacement for your 2 wheeler, I am thoroughly enjoying it. I haven't touched my 2 wheelers in past 5 months and both the bikes have dead batteries. Both my 2 wheelers will need a new battery and a proper service to make them running again.

The point to note here is that I am enjoying it only as a replacement for my 2 wheeler. This vehicle is just a contraption with 4 wheels, Air Conditioner and power steering which can take you from point A to point B with a better comfort than your 2 wheeler but with a messed up ergonomics, suspension, comfort and safety when compared to any other cheap car available in the market.
I completely agree with you. In the 9 years of my bike's ownership I have completed around 50K Kilometres, and in these 5 years of my Nano's ownership I have completed almost 44K. When I had bought my car, my bike's odo was in 40K's only, probably 41 or 41.5K. Such small and compact city runabouts really change the whole equation and give more practicality than 2 wheelers for daily chores.

Quote:
The running cost is just amazing and with a solar setup I am literally driving ~500-750KM per month for free.
This is just so amazing. And are you able to give back to the grid as well, or just sufficient enough for your own requirements?

Enjoy the emissions free drives.
Old 14th March 2019, 00:28   #84
Senior - BHPian

Petrol and Diesel powered vehicles will need to add ABS and Driver Airbag etc. to comply with the upcoming crash tests etc. What is the requirements for electric cars?

With the E2O Plus and e-Verito being the only 2 cars available for private buyers, will they be required to add these safety features as well ,to continue selling, or are the electric cars exempted from this for now?

Or will these new rules take away the only electric cars available for sale as of now in India to private car buyers?
Old 14th March 2019, 16:27   #85
BHPian

A good car We were seriously considering the e2o (not e2o Plus) way back in 2013. But we decided not to buy a car. A good thing; the new version is more practical to use. However, I do not intend to purchase it. Even when I will look to upgrade, the e2o will mot be on my list until it gets the basic safety features. I can live with the poor interiors and bad A.S.S but not safety.
Old 1st May 2019, 16:30   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

M&M stops production of e2oPlus.

M&M, has produced the last unit of the e2oPlus, which is based on Reva platform, on March 31.

In India, the company will replace e2oPlus with the electric version of the KUV100.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 15:49   #87
BHPian

Can someone help with recommending an Insurance Company that provides comprehensive coverage for the E20? I tried, coverfox, New India and United India. None of them offer comprehensive policies.
Old 14th October 2019, 13:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdman View Post
Can someone help with recommending an Insurance Company that provides comprehensive coverage for the E20? I tried, coverfox, New India and United India. None of them offer comprehensive policies.
I have a Digit Insurance with 0 Depreciation, Consumables cover and RSA. I even had a claim for ~60K last year and was able to renew the coverage with same benefits this year too.
Holyghost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 09:34   #89
BHPian

Hello

Our E20 has been doing its humble city duties....the ODO is now reading 57000 kms. regular service.

I have to report the following experiences

1. One time gear lever unable to slot - fixed in about 3 days of time at the workshop (cost about 8k)

2. One time AC not working - fixed at workshop the same day - cost about 12k

3. One time depreciation of the battery - from 110 kms range to 97 now. Took about 15 days of time to source the part. Cost about 14 k

4. Charging cable - cost 6 k or so.

Overall service at every 10k - in about rs 700-800.

Sometimes in a month it does over 1500-2000 kms also. There are days in which it is doing 150 kms plus (charge, keep going, charge again).

A three hr charge gives full 97 kms range...with AC it mostly does 75 kms or so...and then with no AC just about 85 and then I have to find a charger.

I have 2 chargers - both regular 15 amp socket and it works fine

On safety nothing to write home about fibre body, fragile vehicle.

Cabin comfort - really? Whats that.

AC - works like a ok for Bangalore but keep it in the sun and it can't cool the car down at all

Overall - still fine for the local errands and within city drive.

Cheers
Rajain
Rajain is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks