Team-BHP - Tata Tigor : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tigor : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/188094-tata-tigor-official-review-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 4473035)
What's the mileage on your car? Has the clutch been inspected? Any wear/glazing on it?

Mine is brand new, 3 months old with 4k on the odo! smell is there from initial 1K km. Good number of the petrol Tigor owners in our group are facing this issue! someone told us that his 1.6 year old car(must be the initial batch) has visited service multiple times and the issue still exists.

They didn't inspect it, but no issues with it while driving. Some owners told us (group) that issues has been acknowledged and Tata doesn't have a solution for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4473018)
Hilarious to see Tata taking a dig at the car that I should have bought instead of their Tigor :uncontrol

Just two months into the ownership, I found that car has a serious issue of foul burning smell seeping into the cabin at high revs, we do have whatsapp group too and many owners confirmed that issues has not been resolved for most of them (issue seems very common), took mine to the dealership to get it checked, but no luck!

Burning smell comes only after 4K rpm, but car already feels very slow at the topend, one has no other go, but to rev it to max of at least 4.5K rpm on single lane highways to overtake.

Now I feel like having a car which only has good built and nothing else going for it, if I could at least use very little of performance that is available I would be happy enough to hold it for few more years.

Mine is a XZA petrol variant for reference.

Tigor has underpowered engines. Ideally, it should have got the same engine as Nexon. That is a huge negative point. Especially with the XZA which is the heaviest. Even I feel the Tiago is underpowered. However, i knew it beforehand and my usage of the car will be purely in the city where the power is sufficient but FE takes a hit. Tata should give Tigor better engines ASAP else it will keep limping in the sales chart even though it ticks the other checkboxes of a good car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4473040)
someone told us that his 1.6 year old car(must be the initial batch) has visited service multiple times and the issue still exists.

They didn't inspect it, but no issues with it while driving. Some owners told us (group) that issues has been acknowledged and Tata doesn't have a solution for it.

It must be frustrating, but in a way that's also reassuring that it is not something connected to the powertrain.

Have they checked in the ASC that all grommets are fitted in the firewall, and there are no unwanted openings? If the smell is part of normal operation, that's fine, but it shouldn't be seeping into the passenger compartment!

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4473018)

Just two months into the ownership, I found that car has a serious issue of foul burning smell seeping into the cabin at high revs, we do have whatsapp group too and many owners confirmed that issues has not been resolved for most of them (issue seems very common), took mine to the dealership to get it checked, but no luck!

Burning smell comes only after 4K rpm, but car already feels very slow at the topend, one has no other go, but to rev it to max of at least 4.5K rpm on single lane highways to overtake.

I've Tiago XZA petrol and I too have experienced the same. Not sure what exactly is burning, some say it is the clutch plate, some say it is from the engine.:Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagarpadaki (Post 4473047)
Tata should give Tigor better engines ASAP else it will keep limping in the sales chart even though it ticks the other checkboxes of a good car.

Tata seems to have an issue with engine turning, this engine has no topend AND returns low mileage in city. I should have done enough research before making the purchase :Frustrati If the car was heavy slow and gave good fuel efficiency I would have been happy, but the car is just heavy slow and not so efficient.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arunphilip (Post 4473049)
It must be frustrating, but in a way that's also reassuring that it is not something connected to the powertrain.

Have they checked in the ASC that all grommets are fitted in the firewall, and there are no unwanted openings? If the smell is part of normal operation, that's fine, but it shouldn't be seeping into the passenger compartment!

Car is relatively new, so I have no other go but to try few more times, will ask them to check firewall, ac vents related pipes and so on.

Sadly Nexon and Hexa owners seem to get all the VIP treatment, lots of negative comments about the Tiago siblings and their issues.

Ironically service quality was top notch, they did everything I told them to, they were very patient and knowledgeable. Tata seems to not concentrate enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rish_arora (Post 4473052)
I've Tiago XZA petrol and I too have experienced the same. Not sure what exactly is burning, some say it is the clutch plate, some say it is from the engine.:Frustrati

Clearly this issue deserves serious steps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rish_arora (Post 4473052)

Strangely, I have not experienced it on our Tiago XZA. I have done multiple 100 plus runs for 10-15 minutes at a stretch and there is no smell. Ours is July manufactured car.

The latest photos reveal the Tigor’s exclusive new Egyption Blue colour.
The other updates on the Headlight and Tail light clusters are also visible. Also seen is the larger touchscreen infotainment system.

This is slated for an Oct 10th Launch.

Source : https://www.rushlane.com/new-tata-ti...-12283704.html

As a relatively recent Nexon owner, Tata's apparent lack of proper response to the persistent issues being faced is disheartening.
They have got their product line up nearly at the place they should be, their marketing seems to work better than before, and their cars are generally well-rounded, well-priced offerings. Even then, it is the actual SALE experience and the POST SALE experience that is really a big LET DOWN. Please Tata - focus on these.

The touchscreen unit seems to be an afterthought and a striking departure from nicely integrated units that Tata cars have sported off late. I don't see any volume control knob and it looks as though entire operation will be through the touch function. This will hurt the utility and also pose safety risk. Sad that Tata is deviating from their design language just to match the features being offered by competition.

Quote:

Tigor has underpowered engines. Tata should give Tigor better engines ASAP else it will keep limping in the sales chart even though it ticks the other checkboxes of a good car.
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 4473081)
As a relatively recent Nexon owner, Tata's apparent lack of proper response to the persistent issues being faced is disheartening.

So many response in such little time shows their poor quality control. I almost in every single youtube video related to Indian cars see people commenting "Tata is the best" or something of such sort with lot of upvotes! do these people even own a car ? we will never know!

Hope we all receive the solution we deserve, would be more than happy to give them good review online once they sort the common issue for all the owners.

Quote:

Originally Posted by roy_libran (Post 4473081)
They have got their product line up nearly at the place they should be, their marketing seems to work better than before, and their cars are generally well-rounded, well-priced offerings. Even then, it is the actual SALE experience and the POST SALE experience that is really a big LET DOWN. Please Tata - focus on these.

I second that, i made an inquiry on Tigor last week and they said that they would give me a call back immediately (After finalizing the price as I was looking for 2017 model), but no response after a week also. I inquired in Concorde and Venkataramana

Hrithik Roshan is the new brand ambassador for Tigor
https://youtu.be/VeMegExpAwM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 4473088)
I didn't see any volume control knob and it looks as though entire operation will be through the touch function.

You are right. From the video it appears that it's a touch operated infotainment system.

May not be much of an issue if the basic functions can be controlled via steering mounted controls.
Tata Tigor : Official Review-screenshot_20181006102233_youtube.jpg
Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4473366)
Hrithik Roshan is the new brand ambassador for Tigor

Couple of screenshots from the ad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ksameer1234 (Post 4473088)
The touchscreen unit seems to be an afterthought and a striking departure from nicely integrated units that Tata cars have sported off late. I don't see any volume control knob and it looks as though entire operation will be through the touch function.

Doesn't look all that bad, though I agree about the usability part. I don't really understand why manufacturers go for these touch type volume seekers, a simple knob does the job well.

What I've observed in a few videos is the significant improvement in the response of the Touchscreen, doesn't seem to exhibit any lag. The new detailing of head lamps and tail lamps also look amazing with the Egyptian Blue colour. :cool:

I've observed in many threads how owners have expressed their appreciation of the amazing products Tata has been producing. If only they can fix the customer experience through well rounded service.

Few updates on my Tigor,

Been to A.S.S few times to sort all the previous mentioned issues, experience was pleasant BUT major issues like burning smell still persist. Unlike my fear of things getting worse as the car ages, it seems to be doing better after every visit to the service.

Efficiency is not bad either now. Waiting to see improvements after oil change at 15K km. Right now its around 14KMPL with 80% highway runs. Rest 20% is Chennai peak hour traffic. Seems to be potentially good product with some rough edges.

Just few more steps for Tata to make it a good product, sadly sales figures have already taken a hit, they don't have much time.