Team-BHP - Tata Tigor : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Tata Tigor : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/188094-tata-tigor-official-review-11.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 4310398)
Is Tata testing an upcoming "S" version of the Tigor? Possibly with an upgraded engine under the hood, borrowed from the Nexon?

Good catch!

From the alloys it would seem that this is a diesel, but I hope it is a petrol.

That would be awesome, and I'll definitely buy one if they plonk the nexon D engine in it. That car ticks all boxes except it's engines. Can anyone pls get more info about this ?

I have finalized and booked a XZ Petrol variant, my first car, with Concorde Motors Bengaluru. They are running with free insurance (which was valid till today) offer for now and agreed to offer a small corporate discount of 2000/- Beyond that, there is no discount that is being offered on the Tiago/Tigor segments as far as I'm aware of, even with other dealers in Bengaluru.

During the course of my discussion, they suggested to wait till December first week, hinting they might get some more offers, however it is totally left to me, since they cannot commit on anything until any official communication form Tata tentatively by start of December, and the new offer will over-rule the free insurance (if no invoice is generated), looked like a bit of gamble as there is a slight loss if the new offer launched with a lesser benefit.

I took a chance, confirmed my booking by paying by a cheque of INR 11,000/- fingers crossed.
There is no dearth of Tigors as I saw, usually get delivered in a week or two maximum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mesumanth (Post 4311645)
I have finalized and booked a XZ Petrol variant, my first car, with Concorde Motors Bengaluru.

During the course of my discussion, they suggested to wait till December first week, hinting they might get some more offers,

Great to know dude! Which Concorde did you book? I almost booked my Hexa, but loan processing could take some time, so couldn't invoice it before 25th,the day the free insurance offer ended. The SA suggested to wait until the first week of December so there might be cash discount on the cards. I even checked December 2016 new car bookings here on our forum and found that there were great discounts in December. So I am waiting it out for the next few days.

There isn't a single ownership review on our forum right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxinboy (Post 4311713)
Great to know dude! Which Concorde did you book? I almost booked my Hexa, but loan processing could take some time, so couldn't invoice it before 25th,the day the free insurance offer ended.

Glad to know that you have been given similar suggestion, shows that Tata Sales is not luring customers just for bookings.

I booked with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, close by my home.

Got delivery of my TIGOR XZA(AMT) espresso brown !

Few questions:

1. Can the outside rear view mirror be folded electrically (not talking about electric adjustment). If not, can they be folded manually?

2. The seat belt hooks at the base of seat do not move and are seem to be fixed. Don't they move like in other cars?

3. On locking unlocking the doors there is no audible beep. Can it be activated somehow?

4. Only the front driver power window switch on driver side is backlit. I read somewhere that all 4 power windows switches should be backlit.

Thanks for responses in advance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4319445)

Hi! Congratulations on your Tigor, do update on your AMT experience.

I dont have any answers for your questions instead have a couple of personal questions for you :D

You already are a happy owner of an Xcent I suppose, then why the Tigor?

Do point out any discussion i may have missed, sorry for bothering if its intrusive.

thanks.

Looks like Tata have released the first batch of Tigor EV. Do we have more details on this vehicle? Apparently Tata have a contract to deliver 10,000 Tigor EV cars to EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.).

What exactly is EESL going to do with these 10,000 cars?

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/first-bat...-plant-1784367

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCEite (Post 4319445)

Few questions:

1. Can the outside rear view mirror be folded electrically (not talking about electric adjustment). If not, can they be folded manually?

2. The seat belt hooks at the base of seat do not move and are seem to be fixed. Don't they move like in other cars?

3. On locking unlocking the doors there is no audible beep. Can it be activated somehow?

4. Only the front driver power window switch on driver side is backlit. I read somewhere that all 4 power windows switches should be backlit.

Thanks for responses in advance.

1. Yes, the mirrors can be folded manually. Just pull the whole unit gently towards the window.

2. Yes, the seat belts at the bases do not move, cant think of any alternative for this.

3. I asked the SA, who said it doesn't come inbuilt. Might need an aftermarket fit.

4. Need to confirm, but I think all the power windows are back-lit.

I have the same color with XZ manual delivered on 14th, my recent getaway to Mysore and Nagarahole forest clocked a mileage of 16-17kmpl, ( with a cautious 60-70kmph drive) with alternating AC of around 400KMS.

Just saw in the news that Tata is planning to launch a more capable version of the Tigor in the diesel avatar in 2018 Q1. Possibly with the Nexon engine?

Tata sold 3172 units of Tigor in January 2018.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptushar (Post 4321476)
Looks like Tata have released the first batch of Tigor EV. Do we have more details on this vehicle?

I saw one being charged and getting ready for delivery when i was at the workshop for my 1st servicing of my XZA.

The gearbox was Automatic, but not sure if it was AMT or a conventional AT. It has a "S" mode where generally AMT have the M mode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4351326)
Tata sold 3172 units of Tigor in January 2018.

Could you share the source please?

3172 units is a good number, but i would be interested in comparative analysis of sales of Xcent, Amaze, Vento and Tigor.

DCEite
Aspire 1270
Amaze 2836
Xcent 3363
Tigor 3172
Zest 1297

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latheesh (Post 4351927)
Aspire 1270
Amaze 2836
Xcent 3363
Tigor 3172
Zest 1297

Thats good numbers, considering the fact that its almost there with the 2nd best. TATA is the only Company with 2 products in this segment & if they ever stop the production of ZEST, expect almost all of them to go for TIGOR. With the launch of TIGOR Sports at the Auto Expo 2018 (hoping for both Petrol & Diesel versions with Engines borrowed from NEXON), I'm sure TIGOR will claim the 2nd spot in this segment, very easily.