Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 21:04   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Is Tata testing an upcoming "S" version of the Tigor? Possibly with an upgraded engine under the hood, borrowed from the Nexon?
Good catch!

From the alloys it would seem that this is a diesel, but I hope it is a petrol.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 08:13   #152
BHPian

That would be awesome, and I'll definitely buy one if they plonk the nexon D engine in it. That car ticks all boxes except it's engines. Can anyone pls get more info about this ?
Old 25th November 2017, 22:23   #153

I have finalized and booked a XZ Petrol variant, my first car, with Concorde Motors Bengaluru. They are running with free insurance (which was valid till today) offer for now and agreed to offer a small corporate discount of 2000/- Beyond that, there is no discount that is being offered on the Tiago/Tigor segments as far as I'm aware of, even with other dealers in Bengaluru.

During the course of my discussion, they suggested to wait till December first week, hinting they might get some more offers, however it is totally left to me, since they cannot commit on anything until any official communication form Tata tentatively by start of December, and the new offer will over-rule the free insurance (if no invoice is generated), looked like a bit of gamble as there is a slight loss if the new offer launched with a lesser benefit.

I took a chance, confirmed my booking by paying by a cheque of INR 11,000/- fingers crossed.
There is no dearth of Tigors as I saw, usually get delivered in a week or two maximum.
Old 26th November 2017, 04:20   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesumanth View Post
I have finalized and booked a XZ Petrol variant, my first car, with Concorde Motors Bengaluru.

During the course of my discussion, they suggested to wait till December first week, hinting they might get some more offers,
Great to know dude! Which Concorde did you book? I almost booked my Hexa, but loan processing could take some time, so couldn't invoice it before 25th,the day the free insurance offer ended. The SA suggested to wait until the first week of December so there might be cash discount on the cards. I even checked December 2016 new car bookings here on our forum and found that there were great discounts in December. So I am waiting it out for the next few days.

Last edited by doxinboy : 26th November 2017 at 04:21. Reason: auto spell
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 08:06   #155
BHPian

There isn't a single ownership review on our forum right?
Old 26th November 2017, 09:17   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Great to know dude! Which Concorde did you book? I almost booked my Hexa, but loan processing could take some time, so couldn't invoice it before 25th,the day the free insurance offer ended.
Glad to know that you have been given similar suggestion, shows that Tata Sales is not luring customers just for bookings.

I booked with Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, close by my home.
Old 9th December 2017, 09:43   #157
Senior - BHPian

Got delivery of my TIGOR XZA(AMT) espresso brown !

Few questions:

1. Can the outside rear view mirror be folded electrically (not talking about electric adjustment). If not, can they be folded manually?

2. The seat belt hooks at the base of seat do not move and are seem to be fixed. Don't they move like in other cars?

3. On locking unlocking the doors there is no audible beep. Can it be activated somehow?

4. Only the front driver power window switch on driver side is backlit. I read somewhere that all 4 power windows switches should be backlit.

Thanks for responses in advance.
DCEite is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2017, 13:19   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Hi! Congratulations on your Tigor, do update on your AMT experience.

I dont have any answers for your questions instead have a couple of personal questions for you

You already are a happy owner of an Xcent I suppose, then why the Tigor?

Do point out any discussion i may have missed, sorry for bothering if its intrusive.

thanks.
400notout is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2017, 20:40   #159
BHPian

Looks like Tata have released the first batch of Tigor EV. Do we have more details on this vehicle? Apparently Tata have a contract to deliver 10,000 Tigor EV cars to EESL (Energy Efficiency Services Ltd.).

What exactly is EESL going to do with these 10,000 cars?

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/first-bat...-plant-1784367
Old 19th December 2017, 13:08   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

Few questions:

1. Can the outside rear view mirror be folded electrically (not talking about electric adjustment). If not, can they be folded manually?

2. The seat belt hooks at the base of seat do not move and are seem to be fixed. Don't they move like in other cars?

3. On locking unlocking the doors there is no audible beep. Can it be activated somehow?

4. Only the front driver power window switch on driver side is backlit. I read somewhere that all 4 power windows switches should be backlit.

Thanks for responses in advance.

1. Yes, the mirrors can be folded manually. Just pull the whole unit gently towards the window.

2. Yes, the seat belts at the bases do not move, cant think of any alternative for this.

3. I asked the SA, who said it doesn't come inbuilt. Might need an aftermarket fit.

4. Need to confirm, but I think all the power windows are back-lit.

I have the same color with XZ manual delivered on 14th, my recent getaway to Mysore and Nagarahole forest clocked a mileage of 16-17kmpl, ( with a cautious 60-70kmph drive) with alternating AC of around 400KMS.
Old 22nd December 2017, 07:45   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Just saw in the news that Tata is planning to launch a more capable version of the Tigor in the diesel avatar in 2018 Q1. Possibly with the Nexon engine?
Old 6th February 2018, 07:52   #162
Senior - BHPian

Tata sold 3172 units of Tigor in January 2018.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 10:47   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Looks like Tata have released the first batch of Tigor EV. Do we have more details on this vehicle?
I saw one being charged and getting ready for delivery when i was at the workshop for my 1st servicing of my XZA.

The gearbox was Automatic, but not sure if it was AMT or a conventional AT. It has a "S" mode where generally AMT have the M mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Tata sold 3172 units of Tigor in January 2018.
Could you share the source please?

3172 units is a good number, but i would be interested in comparative analysis of sales of Xcent, Amaze, Vento and Tigor.
Old 6th February 2018, 23:28   #164
Senior - BHPian

DCEite
Aspire 1270
Amaze 2836
Xcent 3363
Tigor 3172
Zest 1297
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2018, 07:36   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Aspire 1270
Amaze 2836
Xcent 3363
Tigor 3172
Zest 1297
Thats good numbers, considering the fact that its almost there with the 2nd best. TATA is the only Company with 2 products in this segment & if they ever stop the production of ZEST, expect almost all of them to go for TIGOR. With the launch of TIGOR Sports at the Auto Expo 2018 (hoping for both Petrol & Diesel versions with Engines borrowed from NEXON), I'm sure TIGOR will claim the 2nd spot in this segment, very easily.
arif_t01 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks