Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2017, 16:09   #136
BHPian

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

Hi All,

Need some advice.
A friend of mine has a top model petrol Tigor purchased a few months back. His running is minimal, less than 1k KM a month.
He is confused between taking Extended Warranty+ AMC or Extended Warranty + P2P.
Which would be the better option for him, considering the car is sparingly used mostly on weekends.
It has done around 3k KM so far since purchase in May 2017.

Last edited by nmenon : 10th October 2017 at 16:12. Reason: Proofing
Old 16th October 2017, 12:55   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Hi All,

Need some advice.
A friend of mine has a top model petrol Tigor purchased a few months back. His running is minimal, less than 1k KM a month.
He is confused between taking Extended Warranty+ AMC or Extended Warranty + P2P.
Which would be the better option for him, considering the car is sparingly used mostly on weekends.
Excuse me being naive, but what is P2P? I thought someone would pitch in with their ideas and I could get to know about it. But since no one has replied in a week, I am asking this question.
Old 16th October 2017, 14:37   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
Excuse me being naive, but what is P2P? I thought someone would pitch in with their ideas and I could get to know about it. But since no one has replied in a week, I am asking this question.
P2P stands for Power To Protect "Tata Motors is redefining Customer Experience by offering P2P Promise to Protect Maintenance Plan beyond regular AMC Offering"

Posting the link, I found on the web, which has all details about various packages and their prices.

http://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.p...1545&Itemid=10
gautamkhadse is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:20   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Any update on the launch of the AMT variant in Tigor?
TIGOR AMT variant Launched.

Quote:
The five-speed AMT gearbox is only available in the petrol Revotron engine that displaces 1.2 litres and puts out 85hp and 114Nm of peak torque.

Tata is offering the Tigor AMT in two higher-spec trims – XTA and XZA – priced at Rs 5.75 lakh and Rs 6.22 lakh, respectively (prices ex-showroom, Delhi). This is an increase of about Rs 40,000 compared to their respective manual transmission versions.
link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:20   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Only petrol version. Prices uploaded on the Tigor Webpage.

https://tigor.tatamotors.com/price

5.85 & 6.32 ex-showroom, Bangalore

Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigoramt.jpg

Last edited by condor : 2nd November 2017 at 11:21.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:43   #141
Senior - BHPian

One question related to Tigor AMT. XZ is not the top model of Tigor range. Its the XZ (O).

So is the XZA in reality XZ(O)-A ?

Curious because XZ misses out on many features compared to XZ(O) specially related to infotainment.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:07   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
Hi All,

Need some advice.
My opinion -
Extended warranty - Absolutely
AMC - Yes if he plans to continue servicing his car from a tata ASC for the next 3-4 years (most of us get fed up and move to a local workshop, but supposedly TASC's are improving - this depends on his experience with his local TASC so far vs experience at local workshops
P2P - Depends on the running/usage - heavy city usage might still take a toll. Also the behaviour of the TASC - some of them start piling on parts to a bill to add margins when there is already an AMC in place, as they cannot add random services - in which case P2P may be needed.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 16:29   #143
BHPian

Hi, if its indeed the XZ and not the "O", then its disappointing. It loses the touch screen, reverse cam, blue tooth calling, etc. These are all comfort features that are a must have in today's day and age. Are they just focusing on being too much VFM product? I think they should realize that people appreciate the car, and that they need to bring out the top end autos in both petrol and diesel variant.
Old 3rd November 2017, 00:10   #144
BHPian

Fully agree with Dieselritzer. I had already finalised Tigor XZO as my next car but was waiting for AMT. Now they have launched it , but not in XZO... I am disappointed. I don't want to compromise on my comfort features. What should I do?
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:48   #145
BHPian

@scropio118 - well if you prefer the comfort of a pseudo automatic over the features like reverse camera, bluetooth calling then definitely you need not cancel your booking. For someone like me, I can always add on these features but would give preference to an automatic.
Palio_2005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2017, 16:31   #146
BHPian

I am seeking advice on a new purchase, I was earlier looking to purchase a new car for my sister and had shortlisted a Tiago XZA, however, I am now confused and wondering if I should rather go for the Tigor XZA.

She is primarily going to use the car in her daily city commute of about 30km in Mumbai, and occasional outstation trips, where also at least 90% of the times there would be only 2 passengers, so the boot doesn't give any benefit most of the time.

The idea therefore is subjective on appeal of a larger car, better creature comfort for the occupants (although I have heard NVH is not great, but is it poorer than Tiago?), and better VFM. Are there any more comparable benefits that I am missing?

Please suggest. Thanks!
Old 3rd November 2017, 17:16   #147
BHPian

XZA looses out on touchscreen audio with reverse parking camera when compared to XZ(O). Also it doesn't have climate control. Bluetooth calling with steering mounted controls and reverse parking sensors are standard in both XTA and XZA.
damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2017, 11:41   #148
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

A question regarding stock ICE of XZ variant.

Does the XZ variant come with the same set of speakers (HARMAN) as the XZ (O) ? I know there are two tweeters less, but how is the overall SQ compared to the XZ (O) ?
Old 19th November 2017, 17:27   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Dear All,

A question regarding stock ICE of XZ variant.

Does the XZ variant come with the same set of speakers (HARMAN) as the XZ (O) ? I know there are two tweeters less, but how is the overall SQ compared to the XZ (O) ?
A good idea might be to take a back to back test drive of the XZA and XZ(O) at a dealership. Do let us know if you did this already, and what the sound quality difference was.

Cheers,

FourWheelDrift
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:34   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend Autospy spotted this curious-looking Tata Tigor test mule on the streets of Pune yesterday.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-1.jpg

Curious-looking? Because this particular test mule had all of it's badges covered, even the ones on the center of the wheels (which were alloys).

Tata Tigor : Official Review-2.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-3.jpg

My friend ruled out the possibility of the Tigor EV on test, because he reported that he saw a 5-speed gear lever inside the cabin, an exhaust on the backside and the engine noise was also audible - a distinct thrum.

The interiors had black-coloured AC vents, while the body colour of the test mule was red.

He also said that the test mule was quite fast. Practically zipping through the traffic.

Is Tata testing an upcoming "S" version of the Tigor? Possibly with an upgraded engine under the hood, borrowed from the Nexon?
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks