Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2022, 15:43   #301

Re: Tata Tigor : Official Review

Update post 10k ODO and a paid service
(TIGOR XZA+ Mar 2020)
  1. Asked the service advisor to cover only general maintenance in the service sans the engine oil change and WA since I had recently got it done outside.
  2. The SA suggested on replacing the spark plugs (3 no. total cost around 750) since the original ones seemed worn out.
  3. I see an overall increase of 3+ kmpl in fuel economy on the same routes post this. Also, the engine feels much smoother and the power output seems enhanced.
  4. The total cost of service was nominal 2k. ASC - TATA Kropex motors, Bengaluru
n_pathak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2022, 18:32   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

What's brewing with the Tigor? Fuel-flex engines or something else?

Caught on camera on the streets of Pune by AutoSpy recently.

Tata Tigor : Official Review-57d33c459781494195e77c369f5a4718.jpg

Tata Tigor : Official Review-e6989c0aef0e42fa9ebc32fb4da09e54.jpg
Old 25th July 2022, 22:38   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
What's brewing with the Tigor? Fuel-flex engines or something else?
While I appreciate the early efforts on the flex fuel engines, I wish they bring the turbo petrol, at least the altroz spec. Tigor is a safe and great VFM car. This car deserves better treatment, which will definitely result in better sales. Even the EV has low power motors.

My brother was initially interested in the Tigor. But the 1.2L wasn't enthusiastic to drive. So he went on to buy the Vitara Brezza at the start of this year. He would've bought it, if the turbo engines were present.
Benoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2022, 21:42   #304

All the niggles with a pre-owned Tata tigor

I purchased a 2019 model tigor xza that has ran about 30044km. It was a lady owned car it's whole 3 years and the exterior surely needs some work. I purchased it for 4.9 lakh.
All was going good when suddenly a weird knock has been coming from the right side and the steering makes a thud noise if moved slowly. The AMT system has also been malfunctioning. The car wobbles with the clutch slipping whenever I let go off the throttle or when accelerating on hills. The most frustrating of them all is the key fob. The lock and unlock button won't work in the first go. If the follow me lamp button is pressed, all the buttons work perfectly. I have diagnosed the knocking noise to a blown tie rod but the rest of the issues. The amazing people at my nearest TASS is saying it's all common in the tiago and tigor and I should live with it. Someone who does know anything about it. Please shed some light.
Japspeed99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 10:52   #305
BHPian

Re: All the niggles with a pre-owned Tata tigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japspeed99 View Post
The AMT system has also been malfunctioning. The car wobbles with the clutch slipping whenever I let go off the throttle or when accelerating on hills.
Do the gears slot in properly and without an usually pronounced jerk when done manually?

Is the engine holding gears for more than expected time when accelerating smoothly?

Are the symptoms present only in hills or also in slow moving traffic?

This might be the onset of a busted clutch assembly and may also lead to the infamous mechatronics failure.
Kindly get the clutch assembly and the oil checked on priority.

It was round about the same amount running (27k km) of my Nano XTA before the AMT gave away.
In my case, the gear would get stuck in 4th. Had to switch off of the car and switch it on again in ignition mode before I could get back to neutral.
The downshift used to feel like the gear box has dropped on road while trying to shift to higher or lower gears.
Old 25th August 2022, 04:40   #306

No the system is not jerking while shifting but, while climbing over a steep bump from stand still the revs climb up to 2000 rpm and holds there, it's like you are applying half clutch.
Old 16th September 2022, 20:31   #307
BHPian

Re: All the niggles with a pre-owned Tata tigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japspeed99 View Post
The AMT system has also been malfunctioning. The car wobbles with the clutch slipping whenever I let go off the throttle or when accelerating on hills.
Can you check if you are facing the same issue pointed out in the below video? I remember reading about this issue on few Tiago/Tigor pre-BS6 AMT models and remembered this video which I have seen long back. I think the uploader has uploaded another video after finding a solution, so you can check to see if that helps.
skarthiksr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 13:10   #308
BHPian

A close friend is also facing similar issues as shown in the video by skarthicsr. The throttle response is very erratic. The car is driven by his wife most of the time. He is contemplating ECU remap to improve the overall response. Will a remap solve the problem? He has spoken to someone in Bangalore who has quoted 26 K for the job. Any pointers who will be right person for the job who would do it at reasonable price . He is looking for someone in Bangalore.
Old 1st August 2023, 17:15   #309
Senior - BHPian

My Tata Tigor XZA - 2018 model

Suspected Battery problem?

Yesterday morning when I tried to start the car, it wasn't fully cranking (Android screen was on). Turned the key off /on and again tried but same result. Now, switched off the android screen and tried again and this time the engine started. (I never use to pump the accelerator whenever tries to start the engine and same way I started the engine yesterday).

10 days back, during heavy rainy days, same thing happened and after a couple of attempts and cleaning the key (suspected wet/rain water particles)the engine started.

After seeing google search replies, I checked the battery using the multimeter and the reading shown as 12.4 when the engine was off. I think this reading looks good, but I am not happy with what happened yesterday.

In view of this situation and the car is 5 years old, I am seriously thinking to change the battery and checked the Batterybhai.com who suggests below models for the Tata Tigor Petorl variant.:

Tata Green DIN44R-PR2424 (44Ah) - Rs.5100/-
Exide FMLO-MLDIN44R (44Ah) - Rs.4700/-
SF Sonic F4WO-HX-DIN47RMF (47Ah) - Rs.4300/-
Amaron AAM-FL-550113042R (50Ah) - Rs.4700/-

Did not check the price with any local battery stores yet.

Any guidance/recommendations guys?
Old 3rd August 2023, 21:03   #310
BHPian

Amaron is official battery supplier to TML. Most Nexons come with Amaron barteries
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 12:35   #311
Senior - BHPian

My Tata Tigor XZA

Finally, changed the Car battery today.

Battery shop technician checked the battery and confirm that battery cells are weak and unable hold a charge (also battery water at the lowest level).

Two months back I did a paid service with Tata Dealer service centre and seems they did not bother to check the battery condition - should have at least topped up with some battery water

Battery model: Amaron FLO - AAM-FL-550113042 (manufacturing month 07/23)
Warranty: Free replacement by equivalent /same size battery - 36 months +Prorata compensation on prevailing MRP - 36 monrhs
Amount paid: Rs.5700/- (7200 - 1500 old battery exchange+ discount).

Tata Tigor : Official Review-img_20230817_115707.jpg

Thanks
nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2023, 13:06   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
It might be a good idea to cover both the terminal contacts and clamps with petroleum jelly or purpose made terminal coat sprays. This ensures clean contact & power supply + also prevents corrosion over time. Most good ASCs in fact do this as part of routine services. Perhaps you should talk to them in the next visit.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2024, 18:38   #313
BHPian

A bit late. But better late than never. I bought a Tigor XZA in 2018 and have been a proud owner without any niggles. I have also completed a 4000+ km coast-to-coast ride down south without any issues.
Basic mods are done:
1. Blacked out roof,
2. A 7-inch Android system with a standard rear camera,
3. Flat LED under all doors that act as bright welcome lamps
4. 4 Button Leds on the grill that act as DRLs with two white pilot lamps
5. Changed the battery to Amaron recently.

However, rubber band issues do exist, and sometimes, the car doesn't creep in traffic. Has anyone faced similar issues?

After the free services ended, the first service was from an Authorised Maruti service center. The guy did the black roof as well.
Tata Tigor : Official Review-tigor.jpg

On Marvante Beach
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220323181652.jpg

All Tatas from different states at the Padmanabh temple parking
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220319185446.jpg

At KanyaKumari
Tata Tigor : Official Review-img20220317211750.jpg

Last edited by virajvroom : 1st February 2024 at 18:51.
virajvroom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks