Team-BHP - Jeep Compass : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jeep Compass : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/189786-jeep-compass-official-review-111.html)

Hi friends, I would like to know if cruise control can be fitted after market in the empty or dummy switch slot in j.compass . I randomly saw a cruise control switch for Jeep Compass on a online platform. On enquiring from the seller I was told that it is simple plug in switch that can be fitted in dummy switch slot and can be activated by visiting jeep showroom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4701991)
lol. You fell for the marketing jargon. :uncontrol

Hahaha yes they really pulled the wool over my eyes.

So these Fiat 2.0's in "Hector, Harrier & Compass" are not BS6 anything.

That brings me to the Trailhawk which has a DEF inlet and a normal diesel inlet. Does that mean it will only be BS6 when DEF is also used in conjunction to BS6 Diesel or is it BS6 even without the DEF added?

There is a nice discount for the Trailhawk as well now a days but not as high as the normal ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brishti (Post 4703522)
That brings me to the Trailhawk which has a DEF inlet and a normal diesel inlet. Does that mean it will only be BS6 when DEF is also used in conjunction to BS6 Diesel or is it BS6 even without the DEF added?

There is a nice discount for the Trailhawk as well now a days but not as high as the normal ones.

It won't even start if there is no DEF. DEF is compulsory in Trailhawk for the car to even turn on.

Right now it is BS6 compliant if you use BS6 fuel. But with BS4 fuel it won't meet BS6 norm and the DEF will be used a lot more to cut down the NOX/PM.

What's the discount you are getting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vid6639 (Post 4703526)
What's the discount you are getting?

30k but I can get this stretched to 40-50k. There is talk that all the compass models will get a price rise starting Q1 2020. The discount is also temporary on the trailhawk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by h14 (Post 4697136)
  1. Tyres - Stock
  2. Brake pads & Rotors - Stock
  3. Battery - Replaced after 1yr & 11months of usage with odo at 59k
  4. Clutch - Replaced under warranty when odo was 20k

Had you faced any issue with the clutch that triggered its replacement when you went for service, or did they do it proactively?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep500 (Post 4702689)
Hi friends, I would like to know if cruise control can be fitted after market in the empty or dummy switch slot in j.compass . I randomly saw a cruise control switch for Jeep Compass on a online platform. On enquiring from the seller I was told that it is simple plug in switch that can be fitted in dummy switch slot and can be activated by visiting jeep showroom.

Still waiting for the reply if anyone from the forum members have installed this or anyone intends to install the cruise control. The site where it is being sold is Aliexpress so the seller cannot be dismissed as a fraud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep500 (Post 4704321)
Still waiting for the reply if anyone from the forum members have installed this or anyone intends to install the cruise control. The site where it is being sold is Aliexpress so the seller cannot be dismissed as a fraud.

Can you share the item details on Aliexpress. Perhaps by looking at the item we may be able to figure out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4704343)
Can you share the item details on Aliexpress. Perhaps by looking at the item we may be able to figure out.

Rs. 4,885.55 23% Off | QDAEROHIVE car Cruise Control Switch Steering Wheel Control Switch Button Audio Volume Switch For JEEP Compass 2017-2019
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ofE7JtLSJeep Compass : Official Review-image.png

Quote:

In some cars, the BCM needs to be swapped out to enable cruise control. I'd ask the seller if this needs to be done or not before proceeding.

Hi guys,
Can any sport/sport plus owners confirm the software version on their cars?
It can be found from the HU.

Thank you.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler (Post 4704343)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandeep500 (Post 4704374)
Rs. 4,885.55 23% Off | QDAEROHIVE car Cruise Control Switch Steering Wheel Control Switch Button Audio Volume Switch For JEEP Compass 2017-2019

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ofE7JtLSAttachment 1941324

Guys, I would never suggest anything like this. From a safety point of view, never get into anything like a cruise control aftermarket fitment.
Just forget it, not worth the risk. This is like a whole load of BS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by simplysaj (Post 4705081)
Hi guys,
Can any sport/sport plus owners confirm the software version on their cars?
It can be found from the HU.

Thank you.

2018 for my Sport Plus

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibracadabra (Post 4705388)
2018 for my Sport Plus

I was asking about this. Can get this from settings in HU. Could you please have a check? Thank you!!

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I own a Jeep compass Limited(O) 4x4 2017 model that has run 77000 Km's so far. I have a few questions for fellow owners:

1. Have you observed a minor clanking sound while shifting from 1st gear to the 2nd? Unable to describe the sound exactly, but it is something like sound from two weight discs coming together on a bar bell.

2. Auto Air conditioner. Have any one of you observed that if outside temperature drops below the set temperature in the AC, the blower starts throwing out warm air? I do not use Auto feature as I'm not a fan of it and also would like the blower to be set at particular speed and position rather than changing accordingly. To be fair, I do not use this feature in JC particulary, as I have driven a Punto evo extensively and have never faced such issue with Auto AC.

Eg: Our 2015 Honda city keeps the temperature at 23 even when the temperature outside is 24 or 22. But the Jeep compass when set to 23, starts blowing warm air if the outside temperature falls below 23 or near it. It is really uncomfortable as it makes me sweat while on long drives. :Frustrati

3. Clutch pedal does not come up fully. It stays down nearly by an Inch after engaging gear and releasing. I have been observing this from around 70-71K Km's mark and thought it to be a simple issue of adjusting the play or the springs. I raised this issue with SA during the last service but it seems nothing has been done. I was intimated that clutch is due for replacement at 90K Km's. The pedal does not feel any harder than it previously was. Also, I have not observed any slippage while driving, but the SA says there is minor slipping of clutch.Does this have anything to do with the Play in clutch pedal?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snap2329 (Post 4706029)
2. Auto Air conditioner. Have any one of you observed that if outside temperature drops below the set temperature in the AC, the blower starts throwing out warm air? I do not use Auto feature as I'm not a fan of it and also would like the blower to be set at particular speed and position rather than changing accordingly. To be fair, I do not use this feature in JC particulary, as I have driven a Punto evo extensively and have never faced such issue with Auto AC.

Isn't it normal? The ACC in my Punto works in the same way. If the outside temperature is 21 and I have set at 23 it will start pumping warmer air. Just reduce the temperature to 20 or below. If you will set it at 21 the air won't be warmer but the majority of it will be directed to your foot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snap2329 (Post 4706029)
3. Clutch pedal does not come up fully. It stays down nearly by an Inch after engaging gear and releasing.

The clutch is reaching the end of its life. Try to drive another Compass with a relatively new clutch and you would find yours harder too!