Team-BHP - Jeep Compass : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Jeep Compass : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/189786-jeep-compass-official-review-118.html)

No need to worry about running in as all modern cars have their engines factory run in .However if you are too cautious then during first 1000 Kms drive between 1500 to 2500 rpm and try to vary the speed. Preferably have some highway run too.
According to me these coatings are a wastage of money as the amount you spend is far more than even to get any panel repainted at authorized service station which is like factory job . If you wash and wax your car regularly than it is more than enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giribhai (Post 4757389)

I'd be really thankful if someone can let me know the following:

1) Rules for running in the engine - how many KMs, how fast, Max RPMs, other things to consider. I really want to maintain the car in perfect shape;

Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Jeep Club.
There is no need for run in period but personally I rarely need to cross 1500RPM when driving in city traffic and trust me I have never crossed 3500 RPM even when driving on some borderline off-road tracks.
Otherwise it’s quite simple, don’t ride your clutch and brakes.
If it’s a 4x4 vehicle, make sure you ask service centre to rotate the tyres properly whenever the need arises.

Jeep Compass BS6 Pricing revealed:

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 6255
Size:  14.7 KB
Name:  12.PNG
Views: 6414
Size:  24.1 KB

Link

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4758127)
Jeep Compass BS6 Pricing revealed:

Quite the price increase but not as high as I first had imagined. There are zero discounts on these prices for now though and wont be for another 4-5 months.

They are still offering some BS4 variants at a good "0.50-1lac" discount.

Yes there is a price add-on but I think its worth it. I mean you are doing your bit to help the environment. BS6 also means better resale but still no discounts right now is quite the sticky wicket.

Here is the on-road price for Bangalore.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-price-list.jpg

I recently did 2nd service on my limited 4x4 with 13K on ODO.
Service cost - Rs 11,480. So much for a free service !!

Have you all been putting 4.8L oil ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 (Post 4763757)

Consumables are not covered as part of free "service". Hence, I see nothing wrong with this bill amount.

Quote:

This should be precisely as per specifications and not more. You can verify this in the owner's manual for your Compass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 (Post 4763757)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4763813)
Consumables are not covered as part of free "service". Hence, I see nothing wrong with this bill amount.

This should be precisely as per specifications and not more. You can verify this in the owner's manual for your Compass.

Yes, the bill looks perfectly fine except for the engine oil level. It has to be 4.2L. However some service centers are going with 4.5L or 4.8L. I think this was discussed few pages back in this thread.

saurabhb2000, please check with your service center on this point and let us know their response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4764139)
Yes, the bill looks perfectly fine except for the engine oil level. It has to be 4.2L. However some service centers are going with 4.5L or 4.8L. I think this was discussed few pages back in this thread.

saurabhb2000, please check with your service center on this point and let us know their response.

We also are charged roughly the same amount for service. Regarding the engine oil , I think nothing is clear . Even the service center guys told me they started filling 5 lit oil after customer complaints . Even in my case during 2nd service 5 lit oil was filled, which I later verified from Bill. During third service I insisted on 4.2 lit after reading on this forum. According to me it is printing error in service booklet because after 4.2 lit filling it shows less on dipstick even after checking as described as per manual (5min). I checked with MG hector guys when I went for a test drive with a friend . They also checked their manual and said 5 liters.

So my conclusion is that service center guys are as clueless as we are. As the Hector and Harrier have same engine and they are also filling 4.8 or 5 lit. ,so compass also needs same quantity of oil . If any guy has any contacts with FCA , he can get it clarified from them and let all of us know.

Greeting everyone

I have Jeep Compass Limited 4*4 manual. Been on this thread for quiet a while and following the posts too. I posted a query about aftermarket alloy wheels a while back and how i wanted something different in my Compass.

The stock 17” alloy wheels look good and certainly get the job done but dont stand out while doing it. What I wanted help with, is that i want a new good set of alloy wheels which increase the overall width of the alloys so as to put on a bigger width tyre as the stock firestones look so slim not at all complementing the car.

Also there is a hideous gap between the fender and the rear wheel which can’t be unseen. Please tell me what all options I have for the upgrade. I’m not particularly keen on upsizing as the comfort in 17” is unparalleled but am open to any suggestions. Till now I’ve only seen a few alloy wheels from MOMO and Neo wheels which I particularly didn't like.

Please help me solve this dilemma of mine
Thanks in advance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catamaran (Post 4736557)
Bought my Pre-owned Red Compass Petrol Manual Transmission in December 2019 to replace my ageing Skoda Yeti. The car (or the Jeep) was a 2018 July model and had run only 7600 kms when i bought, with just one service done.

Is there a wheel spacer installed or did you upgrade the tyres as in this photo as the alloys and tyres look like they sit flush with the fender walls where as my limited 4*4 has a nasty gap between the fender and the tyres?

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4764139)

I had checked and the service guys said the same thing. viz. due to some past customer complaints of less oil, they have started filling more, and so he put 4.8L

A query on pricing for a used Compass in Pune/Mumbai:

Of course will get it checked out by at the Service center, but is approx 13L for this a good deal?

It's a thirsty vehicle ( petrol), pricing seems
good considering the age of the car, you can even attempt to reduce it by 50k or so if I'm being optimistic, all the best, do let us know how it goes

Does Compass petrol (BS6) automatic comes with cruise control?