Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 17:33   #1756
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

No need to worry about running in as all modern cars have their engines factory run in .However if you are too cautious then during first 1000 Kms drive between 1500 to 2500 rpm and try to vary the speed. Preferably have some highway run too.
According to me these coatings are a wastage of money as the amount you spend is far more than even to get any panel repainted at authorized service station which is like factory job . If you wash and wax your car regularly than it is more than enough.
Sandeep500 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 09:53   #1757

Quote:
Originally Posted by giribhai View Post

I'd be really thankful if someone can let me know the following:

1) Rules for running in the engine - how many KMs, how fast, Max RPMs, other things to consider. I really want to maintain the car in perfect shape;
Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to the Jeep Club.
There is no need for run in period but personally I rarely need to cross 1500RPM when driving in city traffic and trust me I have never crossed 3500 RPM even when driving on some borderline off-road tracks.
Otherwise it’s quite simple, don’t ride your clutch and brakes.
If it’s a 4x4 vehicle, make sure you ask service centre to rotate the tyres properly whenever the need arises.
pkalein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:48   #1758
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass BS6 Pricing revealed:

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 6254
Size:  14.7 KB
Name:  12.PNG
Views: 6413
Size:  24.1 KB

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 25th February 2020 at 14:51.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 17:02   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Jeep Compass BS6 Pricing revealed:
Quite the price increase but not as high as I first had imagined. There are zero discounts on these prices for now though and wont be for another 4-5 months.

They are still offering some BS4 variants at a good "0.50-1lac" discount.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 20:56   #1760
BHPian

Yes there is a price add-on but I think its worth it. I mean you are doing your bit to help the environment. BS6 also means better resale but still no discounts right now is quite the sticky wicket.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 25th February 2020 at 22:04. Reason: Rectified the punctuation. Thanks
Brishti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 22:37   #1761
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the on-road price for Bangalore.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-price-list.jpg
Old 5th March 2020, 15:06   #1762
BHPian

I recently did 2nd service on my limited 4x4 with 13K on ODO.
Service cost - Rs 11,480. So much for a free service !!

Have you all been putting 4.8L oil ?
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeep-2nd-service.jpg  

Old 5th March 2020, 16:22   #1763
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post
  • You have not been charged anything for Servicing
  • You have been charged 600 for Alignment (This is what I presume)
  • You have been charged 1000 for Balancing
  • You have been charged the rest for the consumables applicable as part of this service - Engine Oil, Air, Fuel, Oil and Cabin Air Filters and Drain Plug/Seal
Consumables are not covered as part of free "service". Hence, I see nothing wrong with this bill amount.

Quote:
This should be precisely as per specifications and not more. You can verify this in the owner's manual for your Compass.

Last edited by paragsachania : 5th March 2020 at 16:23.
paragsachania is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 08:13   #1764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhb2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Consumables are not covered as part of free "service". Hence, I see nothing wrong with this bill amount.

This should be precisely as per specifications and not more. You can verify this in the owner's manual for your Compass.
Yes, the bill looks perfectly fine except for the engine oil level. It has to be 4.2L. However some service centers are going with 4.5L or 4.8L. I think this was discussed few pages back in this thread.

saurabhb2000, please check with your service center on this point and let us know their response.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 09:58   #1765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, the bill looks perfectly fine except for the engine oil level. It has to be 4.2L. However some service centers are going with 4.5L or 4.8L. I think this was discussed few pages back in this thread.

saurabhb2000, please check with your service center on this point and let us know their response.
We also are charged roughly the same amount for service. Regarding the engine oil , I think nothing is clear . Even the service center guys told me they started filling 5 lit oil after customer complaints . Even in my case during 2nd service 5 lit oil was filled, which I later verified from Bill. During third service I insisted on 4.2 lit after reading on this forum. According to me it is printing error in service booklet because after 4.2 lit filling it shows less on dipstick even after checking as described as per manual (5min). I checked with MG hector guys when I went for a test drive with a friend . They also checked their manual and said 5 liters.

So my conclusion is that service center guys are as clueless as we are. As the Hector and Harrier have same engine and they are also filling 4.8 or 5 lit. ,so compass also needs same quantity of oil . If any guy has any contacts with FCA , he can get it clarified from them and let all of us know.
Old 8th March 2020, 08:44   #1766

Greeting everyone

I have Jeep Compass Limited 4*4 manual. Been on this thread for quiet a while and following the posts too. I posted a query about aftermarket alloy wheels a while back and how i wanted something different in my Compass.

The stock 17” alloy wheels look good and certainly get the job done but dont stand out while doing it. What I wanted help with, is that i want a new good set of alloy wheels which increase the overall width of the alloys so as to put on a bigger width tyre as the stock firestones look so slim not at all complementing the car.

Also there is a hideous gap between the fender and the rear wheel which can’t be unseen. Please tell me what all options I have for the upgrade. I’m not particularly keen on upsizing as the comfort in 17” is unparalleled but am open to any suggestions. Till now I’ve only seen a few alloy wheels from MOMO and Neo wheels which I particularly didn't like.

Please help me solve this dilemma of mine
Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamaran View Post
Bought my Pre-owned Red Compass Petrol Manual Transmission in December 2019 to replace my ageing Skoda Yeti. The car (or the Jeep) was a 2018 July model and had run only 7600 kms when i bought, with just one service done.
Is there a wheel spacer installed or did you upgrade the tyres as in this photo as the alloys and tyres look like they sit flush with the fender walls where as my limited 4*4 has a nasty gap between the fender and the tyres?

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 8th March 2020 at 10:55. Reason: back to back posts merged
Old 9th March 2020, 13:13   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

I had checked and the service guys said the same thing. viz. due to some past customer complaints of less oil, they have started filling more, and so he put 4.8L
Old 9th March 2020, 16:57   #1768
BHPian

A query on pricing for a used Compass in Pune/Mumbai:
  • Petrol, Automatic, 2017
  • 15,000 KM
  • Limited Option Spec
  • Single Owner

Of course will get it checked out by at the Service center, but is approx 13L for this a good deal?
Old 9th March 2020, 18:13   #1769
BHPian

It's a thirsty vehicle ( petrol), pricing seems
good considering the age of the car, you can even attempt to reduce it by 50k or so if I'm being optimistic, all the best, do let us know how it goes
Old 11th March 2020, 11:11   #1770
VMG
BHPian

Does Compass petrol (BS6) automatic comes with cruise control?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks