Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2020, 20:25   #1876
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Not that we have, my Trailhawk went in for the 1st year service today and had a recall listed for the BCM module.
Any idea if it's specific to vehicles purchased after a date or to TH models?

Last edited by Sheel : 27th July 2020 at 21:04. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 27th July 2020, 21:10   #1877
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Yes, it is specific to a set of VIN numbers, not all. There is no public communication on this, service center will call the affected VIN numbers or it will be taken care during the scheduled servicing / service camps.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2020, 22:43   #1878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Discounts have started coming in for the the BS6 models. Close to 2L discounts on the Longitude plus Diesel MT variant.
I'm bit skeptical about this huge discount. Is this just the sign of things to come as far as FCA India is concerned. As a product, I hope and pray Compass somehow stays afloat till a life buoy arrives. It's too good a product to vanish from the scene.

The new 2-3 models of Jeep is still an year away. Hope FCA India gets the act together before it's too late.
Old 28th July 2020, 08:00   #1879
Senior - BHPian

Could it that MT is being discontinued across variants. Similar to what has been announced for the US market by Jeep. Only Automatics from 2021.
Old 28th July 2020, 17:58   #1880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Since you completed one year of service, it would be great to know your long term feedback for the Jeep. Do post your thoughts.

Cross positing from our Trailhawk thread. Wrote a couple of months ago. Hope it helps.

My Trailhawk is now 10 months and 12.5 k on the odo.

The gearbox seems to be getting better as it clocks the kilometres. Even the engine seems more refined now.

There seems to be marked improvement in down shifts and I am actually enjoying it a lot more now. There is ample punch in the midrange and overtaking on the highways is not an issue. Did a pre lockdown Bangalore - Chennai run at good speeds. I am yet to fill BS VI fuel as Shell in Bangalore still does not have supply. Hoping the performance will see a marked improvement.

As far as ghat sections go there are no issues that I noticed and not much planning is required for an overtake.

The Trailhawk is at its best when you do not push it around.

Excellent for the highways and bad roads.

Feels more car like to drive rather than an SUV.

Light steering for the city and small footprint helps in traffic. The steering weighs up nicely at highway speeds.

The entire SUV feels tight and well built. Very stable at high speeds. Contained body roll and a plaint ride.

Just superb on bad roads. I have had a little fun descending into dry lake beds and mild off-roading when ever possible. Delays you on the trips but that is the point.

Lastly it just looks superb from any angle.

Mileage is a downer. It returns around 8 in the city and 12 on the highways. My W205 C250d trumps it both in city(10-11)and highway (14-15).

My buy was to balance my garage with a comfortable, daily beater car that can also serve to go out on family trips to destinations that I cannot drive the Merc to. I also retain my cars for around 8-10 years and build quality is very important for me.

If you are expecting outright performance you will be disappointed. The Tucson will score better. The Harrier with the same engine and the Tucson gearbox may perform better also albeit it would not hold a candle to the other Compass characteristics like ride and handling.

Trailhawk is expensive but works if you can claim depreciation like in my case. You could also test drive the Compass Limited plus auto,it will be a good 3.5 lakhs cheaper on road Bangalore.

PS: I do not like using the manual mode in automatics unless it comes with paddles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post

I am given to believe that this was just with the first batch of Trailhawks.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 01:01   #1881
Senior - BHPian

Since I did not find a post on decoding the Jeep VIN number, I went around looking for the way.

Surprisingly the mycarhelpline website has it mentioned.

So apparently the last two digits after the * specify the month and year.

Quoting from the website.

Jeep Compass:*Look for 20th Digit of VIN Chassis Number for Jeep Compass, Wrangler - You should look at 20th Digit (MCAPQDBY0HFA90134*1L) which is the last digit. Here*L represent Manufacturing Year means 2020 Make, had it been K it would have meant 2019 make

And for the month.

Jeep Compass, Wrangler - You should look at 19th Digit (MCAPQDBY0HFA90134*1K) which is the Second last digit. Here 1 represent Manufacturing*Month means*January Make. For October, November, December it turns out as K, L, M

Here is the link I quoted from

https://www.mycarhelpline.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=38&Ite mid=91

Last edited by Traveler : 30th July 2020 at 01:02.
Old 1st August 2020, 14:36   #1882
Senior - BHPian

FCA India on Saturday said it is recalling 547 units of its MY20 Jeep Compass model to rectify fitment of a brace nut which is used in wiper assembly as a precautionary exercise.

The affected vehicles were all manufactured in 2020. The tightening of the brace nut will take no more than 15 minutes and will be at no cost to customers.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...270154816.html
Old 1st August 2020, 18:21   #1883
BHPian

Jeep India celebrates 3 years in India , with 50,000 Domestic sales !

It's time for newer products along with Compass and capatilize the brand value.
TorqueIndia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 11:38   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Recall for a wiper assembly brace nut.

Automobile maker FCA India on Saturday said it is recalling 547 units of its 'MY20 Jeep Compass' model to rectify fitment of a 'brace nut' which is used in wiper assembly as a precautionary exercise.

http://www.cnbctv18.com/auto/fca-rec...ut-6514661.htm

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 28th August 2020 at 10:46. Reason: Spacing
Old 2nd August 2020, 12:17   #1885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
It's time for newer products along with Compass and capatilize the brand value.
It says 80,000/- benefits in the video. Any idea on which variant? I checked Jeep website, it says 50,000/- benefits. No mention anywhere on what these benefits are, exchange discount + Corporate discount + Cash discount? Any idea?
Old 2nd August 2020, 14:29   #1886
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, the discount are for loyalty bonus (incl any Fiat car that you have), cash discount only on Longitude and a little Cash Discount. If you have every item of above then it reaches the stated amount. There is zilch discount of the top end Limited Plus variants.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 16:30   #1887
BHPian

Has anyone tried a different engine oil for Diesel other than Mopar which service folks put? I am not sure of anything is readily available which meets FIAT 955535-S1 specs.
Old 16th August 2020, 17:29   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone own a Jeep Compass Diesel 4x4 AT Limited Plus here on Team BHP. I couldn't find any ownership reviews for this variant. Please point me towards anyone who owns this variant.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2020, 12:55   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Renewed my Jeep insurance, this time I decided to go with MOPAR as I won't be in the country and I don't want my family to run pillar to post to get an insurance claim. My previous insurer was New India Assurance.

Rupees 36822, including zero depreciation, consumables and Return to Invoice(RTI) covers. I paid over 8000 rupees(New India quoted 28K), well, that is the price for peace of mind. Zero hassles as well as a cashless option available with MOPAR.
31655 Rupees this time around, the same coverage as before.
Old 24th August 2020, 10:46   #1890
BHPian

So after I put down the booking details of the Jeep Compass on the new car booking thread, I took delivery of the vehicle last Friday.

Have driven it for around 100 kilometres over the weekend. Will pen down my initial impressions after driving the car around a little more.

A snap from when I was waiting at the fuel bunk.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc_1.jpg  

Baddychat is offline   (22) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks