Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2020, 12:33   #1906
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
I had also seen on Jeep website an interesting interest rate of 7.25% on loan. I am not sure if it is floating interest or fixed interest. If it is a fixed interest, then it is a great deal as well. I am paying 9% interest on my TUV since 3 years
Current interest rates are at these levels or may be even less. I got Seltos at 7.65% last Oct.
S.MJet is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 12:59   #1907

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Current interest rates are at these levels or may be even less. I got Seltos at 7.65% last Oct.
Where did you get your loan from? planning to apply for one for JC.
Old 28th August 2020, 13:48   #1908
Senior - BHPian

Who in their right mind will buy the Jeep with their wafer thin service network when Tata, Hyundai / Kia and Mahindra have upped their game significantly?

I could never figure how so many people bought the Jeep with such a poor service network. I just experienced the VW "Waiting" experience for parts last weekend. I can only imagine the same for Jeep. I think they will need to provide lodging and boarding in addition to customer lounges.

2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 14:38   #1909
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Who in their right mind will buy the Jeep with their wafer thin service network when Tata, Hyundai / Kia and Mahindra have upped their game significantly?

I could never figure how so many people bought the Jeep with such a poor service network. I just experienced the VW "Waiting" experience for parts last weekend. I can only imagine the same for Jeep. I think they will need to provide lodging and boarding in addition to customer lounges.

Have you driven a Compass? If people went by parts availability and lead times for repairs, then every manufacturer should shut down and we should all just buy Marutis or maybe Hyundai

However people don't buy cars based on how long it takes for parts to be sourced. They buy the car based on how it drives and makes them feel.

No Kia or Hyundai can match the Compass' when it comes to solid feel, driving dynamics, high speed composure, steering feedback and 4x4 when needed.

The Kia/Hyundai are good and even better for those who love their gadgets and cool gizmos but the Compass appeals to a smaller segment of buyers who appreciate what's underneath mechanically and don't care too much on features vs driving pleasure.

This will always be a disadvantage for Jeep and with their steep pricing, the appeal will be even lesser.

However just like how people buy Skoda's, VW, Ford and few other less popular brands, there are people who buy JEEP.
Vid6639 is offline   (62) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 16:47   #1910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi3t View Post
I think this attached screenshot will help you. Best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
I think this is good rate. It was almost 3 years since I researched on car loans. Looks like they are starting at 7.35%, My bank (HDFC) is still at 8.80% so still a bumer. However, most dealers may not have tie ups with banks like BOB or Canara Bank. Maybe businessmen use such traditional banks and will get good rates. Corporate employees will go with HDFC or ICICI just for convenience as most of them have salaried account with these banks.

Quote:
JC is not about mind, but more to do with heart. I did a TD of 2.0 BS4 variant and it was love at first sight. I am sure the dealership network will increase as time passes. Initially there used to be only 3 showrooms in Hyderabad, now a new one opened at Gachibowli. They also opened a new showroom in my hometown, and we do not have Nissan, Skoda, VW and Kia showrooms here at my hometown.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20200828163241.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 18:15   #1911
Senior - BHPian

BoB offers loans at 7.4% to anyone who has a CIBIL rating of over 780. Its a simple and very easy task to get your loan from BoB. You don't have to have any existing relationship with them either.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 18:45   #1912
BHPian

When applied thru the SBI YONO app, you can get some rebate and the prevailing rate is 7.5%.
And I am not really sure about it, but the last time i spoke to the executive in a hyundai showroom on the sbi loan scheme he did mentioned that it does offer a overdraft facility like their home loan products.
Hope it helps you in picking the right loan provider to save some of your hard earned money
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20200828184024.jpg  

D'Ro@dSt@r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 19:12   #1913
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to mention, BoB auto loans have zero part or prepayment facilities also. You can basically pay anything over and above the fixed EMI at any time and any number of times during the tenure.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 19:20   #1914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssi3t View Post
Got it from Bank of Baroda

Quote:
I think this attached screenshot will help you. Best of luck.
They seems to be the best even now.

Quote:
My bank (HDFC) is still at 8.80% so still a bumer. However, most dealers may not have tie ups with banks like BOB or Canara Bank.
It was Kia dealer who introduced me to BoB executive, was a bit hesitant first time dealing with a PSU bank but was pleasantly surprised, the process was as smooth as any private sector bank, were offering one of the best rates at that time and there is no penalty on part payments/pre-closure.
S.MJet is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 19:36   #1915
BHPian

Quote:

I have a 2020 i10 Nios and a 2014 end Fiat Punto Evo in my garage. The way the Punto takes corners, maintains composure during high speeds, the way it stops during hard braking, the Nios is no match. I admit when it comes to gizmos, Hyundai is worlds ahead. But for some people like me, a car is more about the engine, steering, suspension and safety. May be it was just my luck, but I have never had to wait long for a spare part even during a flood damage repair. After spending 6 years with FCA, I can confidently say if I had the funds I would buy the compass without a second thought.
Night Raven is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 28th August 2020, 22:26   #1916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
As per a whatsapp forward:

Attachment 2048419
Just checked with the Jeep dealer here. The discounts on ex showroom are only for FCA's vendor partners and not for everyone apparently (valid till Aug 31st). I think this fwd misses out on the portion of email text which clarifies this.

And it's true. Theres a 1% price hike effective Sep 1st.
loki is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 12:14   #1917
BHPian

Received this in my mailbox from the local dealer here in Pune. Seems offer is for select corporates only as per the details. Also, limited plus 4X4 AT has no discount at all. They haven't mentioned any last date though.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20200830120958_gmail.jpg
tp_dominator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2020, 14:03   #1918
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK Limited Plus Diesel AT has never been discounted till now. I did a lot of research on discounts for Limited Plus but never found any offer.
Old 30th August 2020, 14:48   #1919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
AFAIK Limited Plus Diesel AT has never been discounted till now. I did a lot of research on discounts for Limited Plus but never found any offer.
FCA has refrained from too much discounts on the Limited Plus, but dealers have offered INR 40-50K since last year atleast. Add standard insurance discounts and the package swells.

I made my purchase in April 2019, and that was the discount offered on LP. I ended up buying the Limited though.

A colleague of mine was looking for LP Diesel AT, and the same amount was offered on existing LP stock last week in NCR. I believe dealerships in smaller towns will offer more.

Last edited by achyutaghosh : 30th August 2020 at 14:50. Reason: forgot to add a point
Old 31st August 2020, 18:47   #1920

Went ahead and booked the JC Limited Plus Petrol Auto yesterday. More details in the above post for anyone interested.

I need a bit of help though. The VIN number assigned to me today, as per the Team BHP's guide, establishes the manufacturing of the car to be March 2020. Assuming the car PDI is okay, with close to zero reading, I still feel that this may cause issues later on. Can you guys please guide me on this whole issue?

ssi3t is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks