Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:53   #1831
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin76 View Post
Even I have one DRL blurb conking off around 45000 ODO but service centre states not covered under warranty..at what ODO range did they replace your DRL bulb under warranty, any idea?
The DRL bulb is replaceable and is called as a PSX24W bulb. The DRL bulbs can be reached after opening the wheel well liners.
I had replaced my DRL bulbs with Canbus compatible LED PSX24W bulbs (from Aliexpress - a brand called WLJH) - but with the Lockdown they may not be possible to get.

Last edited by Behemoth : 23rd June 2020 at 14:56.
Behemoth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:26   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The DRL bulb is replaceable and is called as a PSX24W bulb. The DRL bulbs can be reached after opening the wheel well liners.
I had replaced my DRL bulbs with Canbus compatible LED PSX24W bulbs (from Aliexpress - a brand called WLJH) - but with the Lockdown they may not be possible to get.
Is this replacement of DRL just plug and play or something else has to be done too , means some complicated procedure.
Old 23rd June 2020, 18:52   #1833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Is this replacement of DRL just plug and play or something else has to be done too , means some complicated procedure.
Yes it is plug and play. You can just take out the DRL bulb and replace it. If you are getting LED DRLs they need to be canbus compliant, else they will not work. The ones I got finally WHLJ work perfectly well and light is also 3x of halogen and are 6500k CCT light.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 08:59   #1834
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

He considered the Compass, but eventually decided against it. After the dealer got to know of his rejection, they sent him this
Jeep Compass : Official Review-5392ccba77ab47bebfbdd377316a74ae.jpg
GTO is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 11:03   #1835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
He considered the Compass, but eventually decided against it. After the dealer got to know of his rejection, they sent him this
Very cheeky and am sure a 4x2 Compass can only reach where Seltos/Creta can but have certainly noticed the GC of the compass to be more.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2020, 19:51   #1836
Distinguished - BHPian

If anyone needs the standard Halogen DRL bulb in case anyone's bulb has conked off, here is the link from Amazon. It is quite a cheap bulb yet Jeep service charges a bomb for it!
http://www.amazon.in/dp/B07X9QTLNY/r..._xc28Eb6RKSCNA
Behemoth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th June 2020, 17:00   #1837

Re: Jeep Compass: Service Engine Indicator

Thanks Sandeep500, Dhanush, Geo for your responses.

I visited the service center on Monday and here are the updates.

Based on Root Cause Analysis (RCA) by Technician at KHT and his interaction with Technical Support at FCA. They found that the Raditor Fan was not working continuously due to an internal glitch.

Technical support asked service center to measure the resistance of FAN motor and compare against a new FAN. They validated and found that the resistance of current FAN motor was same as new one.

I did check with technician if the electrical wiring was worn out and his response was the wiring is good. For me, it seemed like faulty electrical connection which could have caused the issue.

However, I still couldn't get them to share the error code which was strange. In the past, during Palio days, I have seen both the error codes and report.
vevck is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 09:56   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Jeep gurus, need some information on the difference between the Trailhawk and the normal 4x4 AT Gearbox.

As I understand, both use the same ZF 9 speed box. The Trailhawk low ratio locks the car in First Gear for super slow crawl speed and torque.

So how does this differ from the normal 4x4 AT, is the torque and crawl same if you keep the vehicle in slow speed with the 4WD Lock engaged or is there some other behind the scene magic too.

I understand that the normal 4x4 does not have Rock mode, but apart from that. will it not have the same crawl ratio if driven very slowly with the 4WD lock engaged.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2020, 10:57   #1839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to a Team-BHP Fan (who prefers to stay anonymous) for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Love the tongue-in- cheek humour. Mahindra should take this and launch their Thar saying, “ When you kids get stuck , call Me,”.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 11:26   #1840
BHPian

I have noticed and felt that my JC is more smooth to drive and the engine clatter is also less at start up. Is this my perception as a result of driving it after quite a while due to lockdown or due to BS6 fuel . Mind you mine is BS4 diesel and due for service in few hundred kilometers.
Old 28th June 2020, 20:15   #1841
BHPian

For compass manufactured for india what code they fall under like : MK49 or MP , M6 or MX etc?
Old 29th June 2020, 01:50   #1842
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.ashokdurai View Post
For compass manufactured for india what code they fall under like : MK49 or MP , M6 or MX etc?
As per Wikipedia the Pune manufactured Compass is M6/556:*Pune,*Maharashtra,*India[16
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 13:15   #1843
BHPian

Already posted this in the Jeep automatic thread but thought I might as well share it here.
So I got a pre owned 2017 Jeep Compass petrol automatic by Jan this year. Ran 25k km and current odo is 28k. Just now went to service and thye gave me a hefty bill of nearly Rs. 30k (hefty considering I own Nissan Sunny, Honda CRV and a Honda Civic). It was the 3rd year 4th service of 45k km.
Work includes 45000 km service (the usual oil change, lil filter change, air filter and ac filter change) + 4 wheel brake cleaning+ general check up+ washing+ suspension o/h+ scanning and programming+ front brake pad change+spark plug change
So is this like expected or did I just pay for something for no reason?
Old 4th July 2020, 13:18   #1844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Already posted this in the Jeep automatic thread but thought I might as well share it here.
So I got a pre owned 2017 Jeep Compass petrol automatic by Jan this year. Ran 25k km and current odo is 28k. Just now went to service and thye gave me a hefty bill of nearly Rs. 30k (hefty considering I own Nissan Sunny, Honda CRV and a Honda Civic). It was the 3rd year 4th service of 45k km.
Work includes 45000 km service (the usual oil change, lil filter change, air filter and ac filter change) + 4 wheel brake cleaning+ general check up+ washing+ suspension o/h+ scanning and programming+ front brake pad change+spark plug change
What is suspension o/h for. What all they changing in that. It looks too early for a suspension overhaul in my opinion. Can you post an item wise breakup.
Old 5th July 2020, 22:44   #1845
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post

30K is on the higher side for the 3rd year service. Did you ask for brake pad cleaning? And any issues with the suspension?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks