Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2020, 22:07   #1861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Discounts have started coming in for the the BS6 models. Close to 2L discounts on the Longitude plus Diesel MT variant.
Thanks for this Arun. Where are these announced, Jeep website or dealer.
Old 20th July 2020, 22:44   #1862
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thanks for this Arun. Where are these announced, Jeep website or dealer.
I am sure that this is applicable to bangalore dealers (PPS-MPS and KHT), but not sure about other cities.
Old 20th July 2020, 22:47   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure that this is applicable to bangalore dealers (PPS-MPS and KHT), but not sure about other cities.
Thanks, what I meant was were did you find this ad. I am negotiating with PPS currently and not getting anywhere close to what the ad shows. Although I am in talks for the Limited Plus 4x4 variant.
Old 20th July 2020, 23:10   #1864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, what I meant was were did you find this ad. I am negotiating with PPS currently and not getting anywhere close to what the ad shows. Although I am in talks for the Limited Plus 4x4 variant.
I received this in one of the Whtsapp group and verified with PPS. This discount is specific to Longitude Plus Petrol AT/Diesel MT and not on other variants. Maybe you can use this to extract more discount on the 4x4 variant.
Old 20th July 2020, 23:12   #1865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I received this in one of the Whtsapp group and verified with PPS. This discount is specific to Longitude Plus Petrol AT/Diesel MT and not on other variants. Maybe you can use this to extract more discount on the 4x4 variant.
Thanks a lot. Will try and see of they budge. Also your ownership thread has helped me a lot in my selection process. It gives me the confidence to go ahead. Thanks 😊
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 14:53   #1866
BHPian

Can someone please validate the bad bits mentioned in the below video from Autocar.

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 15:08   #1867
Distinguished - BHPian

I would definitely agree on the Limited Boot as a shortcoming as I have faced that many times. The claimed number of boot space is incorrect and it would actually be 438L only when you take out the spare wheel and the side compartments. With all these in place the actual boot space is only 320 L + some small cubbies on the sides.
(my other car is a Skoda Laura which on paper has 550L of boot space but the actual boot space is more than 2x of the Jeep in terms of baggage capacity)

On the engine noise, yes it is slightly noisy when compared to Hyundai Diesels (which are the most refined) but for a 2 L diesel it is reasonably quiet and not very intrusive.

One more shortcoming I had in my Limited variant was the poor projector halogen headlights, which I have upgraded to HID to solve the issue.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 16:50   #1868
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Can someone please validate the bad bits mentioned in the below video from Autocar.
It says Long term review but there is no mention about the servicing and maintenance part.

Rattling issues - I have some mild intermittent rattling on the driver side door. Some people have reported rattling noise coming from the hand-rest.

Boot Size - Coming from Linea, this is a smaller boot. However, I have learned to live with it. Some planning is required when the luggage is more. We use the empty spaces in the spare tyre compartment as well. So far, for 4-5 days trip, we have managed without any issues.
arun_josie is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 17:44   #1869
Senior - BHPian

Does the Jeep Compass have real functional Roof Rails that are compatible with Cross Bars and Luggage Carrier accessories.
Old 21st July 2020, 18:26   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
My brother is in the process of buying a petrol AT in Mumbai and he got offered the same discount but ONLY on longitude as the dealer said it is going to be discontinued.

Not sure about any discount on Longitude Plus, but definitely none so far on Limited Plus which is what my brother inquired about.
anandhsub is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:32   #1871
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the Jeep Compass have real functional Roof Rails that are compatible with Cross Bars and Luggage Carrier accessories.
Yes the roof rails are functional and load bearing. I recall seeing in the owner's manual that they can carry a maximum weight of 60kg. The roof rails though are flush and don't have a gap with the roof so if you have to install a roof carrier it has to be compatible with flush roof rails.
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 18:38   #1872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Yes the roof rails are functional and load bearing. I recall seeing in the owner's manual that they can carry a maximum weight of 60kg. The roof rails though are flush and don't have a gap with the roof so if you have to install a roof carrier it has to be compatible with flush roof rails.
Thanks a lot for this information. It's good to know that you can atleast put something on the roof for the once in a while long trip.
Old 23rd July 2020, 18:42   #1873
BHPian

Has anyone received any call about a software update?
Old 25th July 2020, 16:39   #1874
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Has anyone received any call about a software update?

Not that we have, my Trailhawk went in for the 1st year service today and had a recall listed for the BCM module.

They are now going to place an order.:

Not sure as to why FCA would have to wait till the vehicle is brought in for service, they could have handled it proactively. It would now warrant another visit once the module arrives.

Edit: Update, just got a call from the service manager,he says that the BCM module software has been updated.

Will post the details once I have the documentation.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 25th July 2020 at 16:49.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2020, 16:53   #1875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Not that we have, my Trailhawk went in for the 1st year service today and had a recall listed for the BCM module.
Since you completed one year of service, it would be great to know your long term feedback for the Jeep. Do post your thoughts.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th July 2020 at 21:04. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks