Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2020, 19:06   #1816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin76 View Post
Has anyone changed their Jeep Compass DRL bulbs & brake pads from JeepIndia authorized service centers? What is the approximate cost? Are those available from some other sites or dealers?
Does the compass use LED or normal halogen bulbs for DRL's. If it is a LED then it should have exceptionally long life.

How much have you driven already. Which brake pads are worn out, front or rear or both.

Last edited by Traveler : 18th June 2020 at 19:07.
Old 20th June 2020, 09:58   #1817

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Does the compass use LED or normal halogen bulbs for DRL's. If it is a LED then it should have exceptionally long life.

How much have you driven already. Which brake pads are worn out, front or rear or both.
Original provided are non-LED. Landmark Service Centre states not included under warranty. Quoting 4500 per pc.

Current ODO reading above 45000 & service centre states that brake pads may need to be changed soon in next 3-4000 kms.
Old 20th June 2020, 10:01   #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Have not faced any issues as such. Some small niggles I did have (like fuel door getting stuck, one drl blub conking off) and they were all resolved under warranty without any questions.

I've been visiting TrueSai Salem and SRT Coimbatore and both have been good.

Cost wise, I see the brake pads and fuel filter on higher side. Otherwise no complaints on regular service parts cost.
Even I have one DRL blurb conking off around 45000 ODO but service centre states not covered under warranty..at what ODO range did they replace your DRL bulb under warranty, any idea?
Old 20th June 2020, 15:05   #1819

Jeep Compass: Service Engine Indicator

Hello,

I have Jeep Compass (Diesel Manual Limited 4x2 2017) which has run 24,450 kms. All services done as per schedule at authorised dealer only. The last regular service was on Nov 2019.

Due to COVID-19 lock-down, I have done around 200 kms over last 2 months. On 14th June while driving in the city, the Engine Check/Malfunction Indicator Warning Light (MIL) glowed yellow, with message "Service your engine". However, there were no loss of power until I reached home or during subsequent short driving cycles. The engine indicator light came intermittently only once and again yesterday. On 16th June I scheduled an appointment for 19th June at KHT Service Center.

19th June, 11:50 am

Yesterday, after running the diagnostic tools against the OBD port it showed about 4 codes. The Technician didn't show me the codes even though I asked for it. The technicians checked the Fuse & Relay with Multimeter for the voltage. Then they concluded that the Fuse & Relay systems were functional and fine. Next, they wanted to validate if the Radiator fan was functioning properly. The technician kept the car on and throttled it to raise the engine temperature. From what I saw the Radiator seemed to be working. It was 1 pm and the technician said they were going to break for lunch and shall carry out further diagnostics and testing post lunch-break.

I did wait around & the Service Advisor (SA) returned from his daily SA meeting. He stated that they would need to carry out further analysis & advised me to leave the car for the day and he shall keep me posted on the progress.

19th June, 6 pm

I followed up with SA and he said there seemed to be power supply problem to the Radiator. I said when they tested in the afternoon, the radiator was functioning and how come there is power issue? He responded saying they are seeing it intermittently and hence would like to validate the electric circuit for the same.

20th June, 1:55 pm

I called the SA to check on the progress. He said they validated the electrical wiring to Radiator and didn't look like there is any electrical issue. I asked him then what could be the issue? Service Advisor stated they have shared the error code, electrical layout and the analysis with FCA technical team and awaiting their reply. Once the FCA team responds they would do the needful as per the advise. I did ask SA to share the OBD diagnostic report with me & he said it is confidential and cannot be shared with customer.

My Queries to the team -
  1. Has anyone faced something similar, either with Jeep Compass or other vehicles. Any guidance/advise on the same?
  2. Wanted to check / understand, can the service center not share the OBD diagnostic report with the customer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 20th June 2020, 16:14   #1820
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass: Service Engine Indicator

If there is no loss of power or any other malfunction sign during driving then it may be a case of rodent chewing off or damaging some electric circuit during the lockdown period.
Sandeep500 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2020, 18:11   #1821
Distinguished - BHPian

There are a lot of reasons why MIL could light up. Please ask the service advisors to give you the error codes. Only then someone in a forum can help you with it.
Old 20th June 2020, 23:20   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
There are a lot of reasons why MIL could light up. Please ask the service advisors to give you the error codes. Only then someone in a forum can help you with it.
Yes. Please try to get the error codes from the service centre. I don't see why error codes should be kept top secret.

Faulty electrical connections and sensors can also trigger the Check Engine Light. Maybe that's why the CEL was glowing intermittently on your Compass.
Geo_Ipe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 02:38   #1823
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Its halogen

Quote:
Even I have one DRL blurb conking off around 45000 ODO but service centre states not covered under warranty..at what ODO range did they replace your DRL bulb under warranty, any idea?
Mine failed within first 2 months of ownership. Less than 5k kms at that time.
Old 21st June 2020, 07:40   #1824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Original provided are non-LED. Landmark Service Centre states not included under warranty. Quoting 4500 per pc.

Current ODO reading above 45000 & service centre states that brake pads may need to be changed soon in next 3-4000 kms.
Could you post a picture of the DRL please. I am guessing the cost is for changing the DRL itself not the Halogen Bulb itself.

Last edited by Traveler : 21st June 2020 at 07:51.
Old 21st June 2020, 11:48   #1825
BHPian

Is the DRL unit a closed/sealed unit or can the bulbs be changed. Also if they can whats the socket "T10?"?
Old 22nd June 2020, 12:46   #1826
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Is the DRL unit a closed/sealed unit or can the bulbs be changed. Also if they can whats the socket "T10?"?
Bulbs can be changed with its socket. It comes as a set of bulb+socket. The DRL unit does not need to be changed.
h14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 13:06   #1827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
Bulbs can be changed with its socket. It comes as a set of bulb+socket. The DRL unit does not need to be changed.
So the bulb and socket costs 4500. That is quite expensive. A T10 LED pair cost just 600 on Amazon.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2020, 19:15   #1828
BHPian

Saw this being tested in Pune, the classic silhouette doesn't look bad even when covered and dirty!

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200622wa0001.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200622wa0002.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20200622wa0003.jpg

Has the facelift arrived already ?

Remains to be seen if they will start with the 1.3Petrol and 1.6Diesel here as well.
Moto$apien is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:10   #1829
BHPian

@Moto$apien
Can it be the 7 seater Compass that FCA is planning to bring to India?

@vevck any update on the diagnosis for your problem? Curious to know what the issue is/was, do update when you get some time. Hopefully it gets resolved fast!
Old 23rd June 2020, 14:29   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Saw this being tested in Pune, the classic silhouette doesn't look bad even when covered and dirty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
Can it be the 7 seater Compass that FCA is planning to bring to India?
This certainly looks like the 7 seater. But the overhang seems otherwise.
Edit: Checked the side profile of the current Compass and now I feel it is the 5 seater itself.

Last edited by Guna : 23rd June 2020 at 14:33.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks