Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2019, 15:09   #1696
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
A big thanks to folks who responded to my query on body roll. It was all relative, as i finally discovered.

Bit the bullet and bought the Jeep Compass Sport Plus Diesel 4x2. This has a bedrock pack decals, some other important accessories like parcel tray and reverse camera.
Congrats Mik. Looks smashing in red!
Wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
Do they still have bedrock edition?

Would you mind sharing the dealer and on-road price?
Thank you
simplysaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 16:23   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
HI, My J.C diesel today showed the msg to change engine oil in msg section of MID.lt was serviced about 2 months back and driven only about 4000 Kms . The service due section shows 305 days or 10500 Kms. I checked oil manually , it looks fine with no significant discolouration. Talked to my service advisor with whom I have good rapport, he said no need to worry and drive as usual as he has seen this type of msg on quite a few cars after sevice. I am a bit apprehensive as I have topped with about 300 ml same grade oil after few days of service as nearest service station is about 120 Kms. Please advice.It is pertinent to mention that weather was very cold today about 7 degrees Celsius.
Did you add 0.3L of oil yourself immediately after a service? Why?

Overfilling oil can destroy an engine. Please ensure the oil dipstick is not even a mm above the max mark. It's much better to be slightly lower than max than to be above it.
d3mon is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st December 2019, 19:37   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Did you add 0.3L of oil yourself immediately after a service? Why?

Overfilling oil can destroy an engine. Please ensure the oil dipstick is not even a mm above the max mark. It's much better to be slightly lower than max than to be above it.
The dipstick was showing less oil even after checking by shutting fully warm engine. So added a little oil of same 5Sw30 grade oil after talking to service advisor. Even now I think the dipstick shows below full mark. I know it's dangerous to add excess oil. But the jeep dealers are filing up 5 liters oil instead of 4.2 liters in Punjab . So this was the reason I was confused. But nobody answered my main query as why J.C petrol which has 1.4 liter engine need 5 liter oil and diesel J.C which has 2litre engine needs 4.2 liters oil.
Old 31st December 2019, 20:41   #1699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
The dipstick was showing less oil even after checking by shutting fully warm engine. So added a little oil of same 5Sw30 grade oil after talking to service advisor. Even now I think the dipstick shows below full mark. I know it's dangerous to add excess oil. But the jeep dealers are filing up 5 liters oil instead of 4.2 liters in Punjab . So this was the reason I was confused. But nobody answered my main query as why J.C petrol which has 1.4 liter engine need 5 liter oil and diesel J.C which has 2litre engine needs 4.2 liters oil.
Your manual will tell you whether the oil needs to be measured when its hot or cold. Usually it's to be measured cold as the engine oil takes time to drain fully into the oil pan. Measuring it when the engine is hot will show you a lower, inaccurate reading.

Just follow the manual religiously in terms of the engine oil quantity needed. If the jeep dealer really filled 5L instead of 4.2L mentioned in the manual, it's a serious mistake and you must bring it to the attention of FCA immediately.

It's also possible that you were billed for 5L while the actual quantity filled was 4.2L.
Old 1st January 2020, 19:00   #1700
BHPian

Will be taking delivery of my Compass Limited AT this weekend. Other than our team BHP standard PDI list, anything Jeep specific i need to check? All pointers, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 1st January 2020 at 20:02. Reason: JC > Compass. Please avoid acronyms for cars while posting on the forum. Thanks.
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:40   #1701
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysaj View Post
Congrats Mik. Looks smashing in red!
Wishing you many more happy miles ahead.
Do they still have bedrock edition?

Would you mind sharing the dealer and on-road price?
Thank you
This is a pure cosmetic exercise. One gets bedrock decals and sticker. Attaching their December offer on sport plus and sport models to jazz up the barebones versions.

The dealer listed price was 21.47 lakhs in Bangalore. My deal was 19.55 lakhs. My sense is that more negotiation might have dropped the price down by 5/10k more. But i am happy overall.
I did push the dealer for 4by4 limited but they had nothing available in red in the factory. So the next option was to wait for BS6.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20191212wa0013.jpg  

Old 2nd January 2020, 14:40   #1702
BHPian

Can anyone who has installed a dash cam on their Jeep Compass please share a picture of the position at which they have fixed their cam mount on the windshield?I am thinking of buying a new cam. But
Since the IRVM base is so huge, I am confused regarding where i should stick/mount it without hampering driver visibility and also the camera view
Old 5th January 2020, 19:19   #1703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik View Post
However, i did feel that there is excessive body roll on sudden direction changes. This issue is concerning to me as i am a bit of a spirited driver around corners and in the hills. I didn't feel this much body roll on the duster and seltos (other cars in my shortlist)
Is my observation consistent with others or an outlier.

As per me the Compass has the least body roll amongst all SUVs in the segment. In fact the ride and handling balance is close to being perfect. No wonder it's super fun to drive! I don't think any other SUV can plaster a similar kind of smile till the 30 lacs bracket, at least.
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2020, 20:10   #1704
BHPian

Although have pre-booked the BS6 variant of the Compass yet I was offered a great deal for the BS4 Compass logitude (O) of 17.5Lac "Including Insurance". Now that my Seltos booking of HTX costs 35K more I am semi interested in a BS4 variant.

What you all think?
Old 5th January 2020, 21:51   #1705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Although have pre-booked the BS6 variant of the Compass yet I was offered a great deal for the BS4 Compass logitude (O) of 17.5Lac "Including Insurance". Now that my Seltos booking of HTX costs 35K more I am semi interested in a BS4 variant.

What you all think?

Go for it. It's a far superior car to drive daily. You'll miss out on few creature comforts though.
Old 5th January 2020, 22:08   #1706
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Since the IRVM base is so huge, I am confused regarding where i should stick/mount it without hampering driver visibility and also the camera view
If possible go for suction mount, this way you can try to find the most comfortable location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alokn87 View Post
Can anyone who has installed a dash cam on their Jeep Compass please share a picture of the position at which they have fixed their cam mount on the windshield?
You can find some pics in my ownership thread here,

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4641890

Quote:
I was offered a great deal for the BS4 Compass logitude (O) of 17.5Lac "Including Insurance". Now that my Seltos booking of HTX costs 35K more I am semi interested in a BS4 variant.

What you all think?
Is that a demo vehicle? Looks like they have offered you a discount of 5-6L
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2020, 08:19   #1707
BHPian

@arun_josie Thank you for your advice! I saw the pics in your ownership thread. Is that a Transcend Drive Pro 230? I just bought the same! Is there any difficulty in reaching the snapshot button while driving? Or is it not just not recommended to access any functions on the camera while driving
Old 6th January 2020, 09:28   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Although have pre-booked the BS6 variant of the Compass yet I was offered a great deal for the BS4 Compass logitude (O) of 17.5Lac "Including Insurance".
Wow this is a shockingly good deal. I was offered 17.8 for sports variant with few accessories and it was 2018 make. I strongly suggest you to go with deal as it is a no-brainer.

BS4 cars using BS6 fuel may see a negligible drop in power output and fuel efficiency. Apart from this there are no other major issues with BS4 engines.
Old 6th January 2020, 09:37   #1709
KMT
BHPian

Quote:

What you all think?
Thats an excellent deal on the Compass.
Dont get too worried about bs4/6.
Since the prices are virtually identical, go for the vehicle you and yr family prefer.

Compass may be more exclusive, but I reckon the Kia may hold resale value better than Compass.
Old 8th January 2020, 16:03   #1710

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Replaced with a Exide DIN74 battery at an authorized service centre. They offer 5 year warranty for it. Fingers crossed.
Today morning, my 2 year old Jeep Compass wouldn't crank. I just completed my 30K service last month & there were no complaints on the battery & the battery reading was good according to the report.

I spoke with SA and he said it would be mostly due to the stock battery life and suggested to replace it.

Managed to remove the stock battery and had it checked at Exide Dealer. One of the cells was dead. Bought an EXIDE EPIQ DIN74L which comes with 5 years warranty.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 8th January 2020 at 16:10. Reason: Trimmed the post within quotes for better readability. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks