Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2019, 17:53   #1561
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hi - Can someone confirm if Jeep has removed "Blue" color from Limited and LimitedPlus trims. One of the Jeep dealer confirmed the same and I wanted to verify.
Old 6th October 2019, 20:26   #1562
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajparikh View Post
Hi - Can someone confirm if Jeep has removed "Blue" color from Limited and LimitedPlus trims. One of the Jeep dealer confirmed the same and I wanted to verify.
I was told back in April that the blue color has been removed for domestic market sales as it was not doing well. It is still being made for export batches. I for one always thought the Compass looked best in blue! Guess my view not reflective of the market.
achyutaghosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 22:03   #1563
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
I was told back in April that the blue color has been removed for domestic market sales as it was not doing well. It is still being made for export batches. I for one always thought the Compass looked best in blue! Guess my view not reflective of the market.
Agreed, Blue is one of the best-looking color on the JC, sad to hear it's no longer available. The only concern being, for existing customers with Blue JC, spares (blue color) will not be readily available at the dealers or maybe they will have to get it painted provided the color is available in stock.
pankajparikh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2019, 22:15   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Agreed, Blue is one of the best-looking color on the JC, sad to hear it's no longer available. The only concern being, for existing customers with Blue JC, spares (blue color) will not be readily available at the dealers or maybe they will have to get it painted provided the color is available in stock.
Hey buddy, which spare part do you think comes factory painted..Pardon my ignorance
Old 6th October 2019, 22:23   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster17 View Post
Hey buddy, which spare part do you think comes factory painted..Pardon my ignorance
Sorry, I mean OEM parts like spoiler, etc will never be in stock as they are generally available in colors. While for paint, the same color paint needs to be in stock by the dealer for painting.

Most recent on-road prices (after maximum discount) for Compass LimitedPlus and Limited (Option) 2019 BSIV engine options. Considering the manufacturing of new cars has been stopped until Jan giving way for BSVI, dealers are offloading available inventory and you have to try your luck on availability of your specific color.
- LimitedPlus (Red, White, Grey, Black): On-road final price Rs 25,30,000
- Limited Option (Red, White, Grey): On-road final price: Rs 23,00,000

Last edited by Aditya : 8th October 2019 at 18:20. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 9th October 2019, 16:38   #1566
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I mean OEM parts like spoiler, etc will never be in stock as they are generally available in colors. While for paint, the same color paint needs to be in stock by the dealer for painting.

Most recent on-road prices (after maximum discount) for Compass LimitedPlus and Limited (Option) 2019 BSIV engine options. Considering the manufacturing of new cars has been stopped until Jan giving way for BSVI, dealers are offloading available inventory and you have to try your luck on availability of your specific color.
- LimitedPlus (Red, White, Grey, Black): On-road final price Rs 25,30,000
- Limited Option (Red, White, Grey): On-road final price: Rs 23,00,000
I am searching for Limited Plus AT (Red color) Petrol but dealer in Mumbai saying that pan India, the red color is not available. Anyone knows anything abut it?
Old 9th October 2019, 17:26   #1567
BHPian

My 1yr 10m old Jeep Compass suffered its first breakdown last week. Reason: dead battery. To be fair, during the recent 30k service, the SA had warned me about the battery and asked to replace it. The stock battery had just 1 year warranty. I just couldn't digest the idea of replacing it so soon. Anyway, he mentioned that it may be fine if used daily.

But in-spite of using daily, it just stopped working without any warning and I was stuck unable to start the car. Luckily a friendly mechanic was nearby and he jump started the car using a spare battery.

Replaced with a Exide DIN74 battery at an authorized service centre. They offer 5 year warranty for it. Fingers crossed.
Old 9th October 2019, 21:50   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
My 1yr 10m old Jeep Compass suffered its first breakdown last week. Reason: dead battery. To be fair, during the recent 30k service, the SA had warned me about the battery and asked to replace it. The stock battery had just 1 year warranty. I just couldn't digest the idea of replacing it so soon. Anyway, he mentioned that it may be fine if used daily.

But in-spite of using daily, it just stopped working without any warning and I was stuck unable to start the car. Luckily a friendly mechanic was nearby and he jump started the car using a spare battery.

Replaced with a Exide DIN74 battery at an authorized service centre. They offer 5 year warranty for it. Fingers crossed.
That's a coincidence. My JC of roughly the same age was also told of the same issue at the service center last week. 1 year 11 months old vehicle.

They claimed to have resolved it under the extended warranty though, although the repair order just shows "top up battery DM water".
Old 9th October 2019, 22:35   #1569
BHPian

Almost all the first batch compass's have the battery issue.
For some it happened within 1 year and the battery got replaced under warranty and for others it happened after an year.

But I strongly feel that the company should change the battery even after an year as a part of goodwill warranty, as the faulty batteries is an issue known to the company.
Old 10th October 2019, 00:12   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
I am searching for Limited Plus AT (Red color) Petrol but dealer in Mumbai saying that pan India, the red color is not available. Anyone knows anything abut it?
The only red color here in Hyderabad is of Diesel Manual Limited (Option). 1 LimitedPlus Diesel Red color was available, but it's booked by a customer - hence no stock.
pankajparikh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2019, 21:09   #1571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Almost all the first batch compass's have the battery issue.
For some it happened within 1 year and the battery got replaced under warranty and for others it happened after an year.

But I strongly feel that the company should change the battery even after an year as a part of goodwill warranty, as the faulty batteries is an issue known to the company.
I spoke with them today, and they sent a separate document showing the warranty based claims. It shows that the battery has been replaced by them. They also said that FCA has sent agencies a notice to replace all batteries having this problem, under warranty.
di1in is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 13:06   #1572
BHPian

I have booked a Sport Plus Petrol Model in Mumbai. I read online that Jeep is offering INR 1.25 Lakhs cash discount on the Sport Plus Model. Can anyone confirm this? Currently they are offering me 50K discount on Insurance, 25K Cash discount and 25K on accessories.

Is there scope for further negotiations?
Old 11th October 2019, 13:59   #1573
Distinguished - BHPian

Man its so frustrating to see that such a premium & wonderful car is being stripped of colour options because of low sales volumes. I can understand that for a <10L car if it isn't selling. How do FCA salesmen/women keep a straight face when saying "No this colour is no longer available in this trim you want" when the customer is looking at them with a cheque with more than 20 big ones on it? Not a single colour on the Compass looked bad. Each one had its wonderful character and really looked great on this car. Sad to see some colours being unavailable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
Currently they are offering me 50K discount on Insurance, 25K Cash discount and 25K on accessories.
Is there scope for further negotiations?
Check for insurance online yourself. If dealership is giving you 50k off on it - very high chance that there is still some 10-20k margin to shave off. Not guaranteed but its still a possibility. Check what accessories they are giving & if they are worthy by quality. If not - negotiate further and get more cash discount and do away with any unnecessary accessories other than the must haves.

Last edited by Reinhard : 11th October 2019 at 14:02.
Old 11th October 2019, 16:06   #1574
Senior - BHPian

For people interested, you can get 1.75 lakhs discount (possibly 2 lakhs if you negotitate hard) on the limited, limited (option), longitude and longitude (option) models. No availability on the top limited plus variant in Hyderabad.

I think the limited plus is the only variant in Compass which has relatively better value for money but that is not being produced by Jeep any more for some strange reason. A 2 lakh discount on the limited plus would have been interesting. The Limited and Limited (option) are poorly equipped and highly overpriced variants and does not make much sense to me even after 2 lakhs discount.

I think the Longitude option is a good one to go for. You can fit a reverse camera, possibly HIDs, high quality leather for steering and seat and you should have a very good car at a reasonable price.

A couple of questions for owners -
How are the Halogen projectors on the Longitude(option) or Limited variants? Do you feel the need to upgrade to HID?
Are the petrol and diesel Limited having different alloy wheels? As per the official review, the diesel gets much nicer looking alloys. Is it still the case?
adimicra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2019, 16:27   #1575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post

A couple of questions for owners -
How are the Halogen projectors on the Longitude(option) or Limited variants? Do you feel the need to upgrade to HID?
The halogen projectors on the Limited version are absolutely pathetic and light output is very low and unsafe. I had raised this to FCA but they could not offer any solutions for this. I went ahead and upgraded mine to HID and the difference is night and day. You can find more details on my Compass ownership thread if interested.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks