Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2021, 15:36   #3061
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopUnderrides View Post
Did you get any discount on the extended warranty from Mopar? If not how much does it cost for the extended warranty?
Not informed about any on going discounts on the Extended Warranty yet - they've quoted 40k. Will speak to them about discounts when I process it i.e., after getting the Permanent Registration.
Old 9th December 2021, 15:56   #3062
BHPian

Hi All. I have booked Jeep Compass Model S Diesel automatic. Can someone please help me in decoding the VIN - MCANJREY8NFA85209*BM
I checked the last 2 digits of VIN. M surely stands for year 2021 but what does B stands for? Sales executive is saying that manufacturing is of November month, 2021. But, doesn't B stand for February or is it like after number 9 in 19th digit (i.e. September month), Jeep don't use 2 digit numbers like 10, 11 and 12 and again starts the count from A for months. By this logic, B will represent November month. Bit confused, request your inputs.
Old 9th December 2021, 16:31   #3063
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashu03 View Post
Hi All. I have booked Jeep Compass Model S Diesel automatic. Can someone please help me in decoding the VIN - MCANJREY8NFA85209*BM
I checked the last 2 digits of VIN. M surely stands for year 2021 but what does B stands for? Sales executive is saying that manufacturing is of November month, 2021. But, doesn't B stand for February or is it like after number 9 in 19th digit (i.e. September month), Jeep don't use 2 digit numbers like 10, 11 and 12 and again starts the count from A for months. By this logic, B will represent November month. Bit confused, request your inputs.
Yes, 1-9 represents Jan - Sep. Then A is Oct, B is Nov, C is Dec. Last character M is for 2021.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 09:16   #3064
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 : A review from the hills of Ooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron999 View Post
I have this since day 1 as well. I got my Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited Plus AT in October this year. Have done around 3600kms so far.
The grinding like noise during some gear shifts seems to have increased in the past few days. Was there any update from Jeep on this noise?
Were you able to find out anything about the transmission noise.. how is it now. I have the same issue right from beginning and so far no convincing answer from Jeep. They say the krrr noise during gear shifting is present in all 4x4 AT Jeep Compass vehicles.

Last edited by ampere : 11th December 2021 at 13:49. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 11th December 2021, 11:39   #3065
Senior - BHPian

Folks, what discounts are available on Compass in December?
Also, any new features bundled along with the 50K hike? Or is it just the costly Tiguan rub-off
Old 11th December 2021, 11:43   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Were you able to find out anything about the transmission noise.. how is it now. I have the same issue right from beginning and so far no convincing answer from Jeep. They say the krrr noise during gear shifting is present in all 4x4 AT Jeep Compass vehicles.
Tell me something, is the noise always there? I do hear something (not sure if it’s the same noise) but it does not happen all the time.
Old 11th December 2021, 12:43   #3067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Tell me something, is the noise always there? I do hear something (not sure if it’s the same noise) but it does not happen all the time.
No the noise is only when the automatic transmission changes gears when
upshifting. It is quite clear during the upshifts from Gears 3 to 8. The sound lasts just a second or two and it feels like metallic gears brushing or grinding.

When I asked Jeep, they said this is the operational noise of the Dog Clutches in the 9 Speed transmission.

Most importantly, the sound comes only when driving with a very light constant accelerator input. So you could press the accelerator lets say 25% or 30% and then let the car gather speed and change the gears on its own.

When it is upshifting you will clearly hear the krrrr type of noise when the gear changes. Once the gear is fully engaged the noise stops, until the next gear change happens. If the road is a bit inclined then then the sound is more pronounced.

It is easy to miss the sound if music is playing, so keep that off.

Let me know if this is what you experience too.

GentleGaint and veyron999 have both reported the same noises as well.

Here is the link to the posts.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4932121 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)

and

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4959028 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 20:20   #3068
BHPian

I got my car on 7th of October but still haven’t received my RC. Any idea how long will it take to get the RC dispatched ?
Old 12th December 2021, 09:13   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
I got my car on 7th of October but still haven’t received my RC. Any idea how long will it take to get the RC dispatched ?
In West Bengal at least, I was told by the dealer that the RTO has stopped issuing RC. I got a print out of the registration right after the car was registered. This is what they calling the ‘RC’ now.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 09:16   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
In West Bengal at least, I was told by the dealer that the RTO has stopped issuing RC. I got a print out of the registration right after the car was registered. This is what they calling the ‘RC’ now.
That is also one way to make people use Digilocker more effectively i guess
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 09:21   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
That is also one way to make people use Digilocker more effectively i guess
Off topic:

Yeah but in Kolkata at least, the police do not recognise DigiLocker. Recently, I was stopped for having an expired PUC and they confiscated my license with the fine deposit slip to be submitted at the local police station. So there is nothing digital here at least. No system of paying spot fine.

About DEF:

So my ODO is at 2115 now, and my DEF is reaching its 50% mark. Around 75% of 2115 was driven on the highway.
Pancham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 22:39   #3072
BHPian

Drove from Noida to Jodhpur via Jaipur. That's a good start!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211211_190410.jpg  

AshwinRS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:04   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here has suggestions for a good car cover? I don’t like car covers because I think you get scratches if you put them on for long. But the buildings in my society are getting painted and I have to put covers for at least a month. So if anyone has suggestions for half decent covers, please do share.
Old 13th December 2021, 15:34   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone here has suggestions for a good car cover? I don’t like car covers because I think you get scratches if you put them on for long. But the buildings in my society are getting painted and I have to put covers for at least a month. So if anyone has suggestions for half decent covers, please do share.
You can try the following. I have used the covers from them for my Harley. The internals are soft and lasted for the last 6 years.

www.tphcovers.com
Customer Care +91 9727288808
troika is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2021, 15:56   #3075
Senior - BHPian

The Auto Engine Start Stop on my 2020 August Compass 4x4 AT has stopped working recently. Earlier it used to start working after a good highway run, but now even after a 500 km drive the ESS does not function

There are no errors whatsoever and the car works fine.

I talked to the PPS motors SA and he says it could be either low battery charge or battery may need to be replaced.

My question to all folks here is

1. How much period is the original warranty valid for the battery. The warranty manual does not specify any duration for the battery and just says contact the service center.

2. My car has an AGM battery. The SA at PPS says it can be changed to the normal lead acid battery. I always thought that AGM batteries should be replaced with similar AGM battery.

3. The SA also says that for the previous generation Jeep Compass the battery warranty was for 1 year and for the new Jeep Compass the warranty is 2 years. Is this true. Anyone got the battery replaced under warranty for the previous generation after 1 year?

Experts please opine.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks