Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2021, 15:22   #3091
BHPian

Re: AdBlue Top Up

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
When I got the indication to top up my AdBlue levels, it coincided with my service schedule. They topped up and gave an additional two full five-liter cans and another smaller one (maybe it was a two-liter can of the Velvex brand) which was had about half left in it. I should not have accepted it as I don't drive so much and it is a pain to stock them.
The MID screen shows the level of the fluid as well. I check for the same once a month & top up accordingly.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st December 2021 at 15:36. Reason: Mod note attached.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2021, 18:09   #3092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They topped up and gave an additional two full five-liter cans and another smaller one (maybe it was a two-liter can of the Velvex brand) which was had about half left in it. I should not have accepted it as I don't drive so much and it is a pain to stock them.
Is it ok to use the leftover AdBlue fluid?

What I have heard from the service center is if a bottle or can of AdBlue is opened, it is better to finish it or if there is leftover then it is not advised to use it.
Old 17th December 2021, 19:39   #3093
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Is it ok to use the leftover AdBlue fluid?

What I have heard from the service center is if a bottle or can of AdBlue is opened, it is better to finish it or if there is leftover then it is not advised to use it.
You are right. I should have known. I read the instructions on the can after I had poured it into the tank ! However, worried that I might have messed up, I called the service advisor and he told me that unless it has crystalized, it should be fine to use the remainder of the stuff.
Old 17th December 2021, 22:42   #3094
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. I should have known. I read the instructions on the can after I had poured it into the tank ! However, worried that I might have messed up, I called the service advisor and he told me that unless it has crystalized, it should be fine to use the remainder of the stuff.
I just finished the remaining ad blu 2 months post it was opened and there was no issue. So it survives for 2 months atleast
Old 20th December 2021, 14:29   #3095
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

So, back from a road trip: the route being - Noida - Jaipur - Jodhpur - Jaisalmer - Tanot + 20kms (India - Pak Border) - Longewala - Jaisalmer - Jaipur - Noida.

The mannerism and drivability of the car has been the talking point amongst us - impressive. Felt no fatigue or tiredness even after a non-stop drive of about 450kms (between Jaisalmer & Jaipur).

Eventually figured out the best way to drive this beast: maintaining a steady pace (be it 80 or 100) with minimal acceleration inputs - it will return a decent mileage.

The AdBlue level is at around 60% with 2855KMs on the ODO.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211219_193257.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211219_193305.jpg  

AshwinRS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 23:34   #3096
BHPian

Has anyone tried wireless phone charging on model S?

I couldn't charge my iphone 12. Initially when I place the phone on the charging pad, it recognizes the phone, charges the phone for a second (light turns green), and then stops (light turns red and stays like that).

I've tried the usual tricks like cleaning the dust off the phone, removing the case, and even updated the iOS to latest version (15.2)
Old 21st December 2021, 15:00   #3097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodvaddi View Post
Has anyone tried wireless phone charging on model S?

I couldn't charge my iphone 12. Initially when I place the phone on the charging pad, it recognizes the phone, charges the phone for a second (light turns green), and then stops (light turns red and stays like that).

I've tried the usual tricks like cleaning the dust off the phone, removing the case, and even updated the iOS to latest version (15.2)
Yes it perfectly works in my car (Model S). I have Samsung phone and as soon as I put the phone on charging pad, light turns blue and charging starts. Light turns green if it is fully charged and red if my phone is not put properly on the pad.
I suggest you have a word with service centre once and see if they can provide any solution to it.

Blue beast comes home. Finally my heart won over my head and I got this tank 5 days back (Model S Diesel AT). Yes, I call it a tank because it's build quality is just exceptional. The overall feel inside out is just so premium and robust. This machine is build to last.
Till now I only drove it for 150KMs. Will plan for long drive soon. Thankfully I have not faced any rattles till now and hope it stays this way. There is bit of lag till 30-40 speed but after that it just glides over any kind of surface you throw at it. Really enjoying my drive and will soon post my ownership experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20211216_153501.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20211217_173102.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 23rd December 2021 at 18:31. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Ashu03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 16:31   #3098
Senior - BHPian

Update on accessories: Finally, I managed to find the slush boot mats. The Gurgaon Landmark showroom had them in stock. Went and picked them up. Cost: INR 5400/-.

Can anyone refer a good Service advisor in Jeep Landmark Gurgaon service center? I am planning to visit them tomorrow and I need to check a couple of things with them before I embark on the 30km round trip.

Last edited by Pancham : 22nd December 2021 at 16:32.
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:49   #3099

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
Thank you! Regarding BH series, I’m actually trying to get my car via BH series from Delhi. Here the RTO is asking for Form 60 and gst registration certificates for 4 different offices of my company. I’ve raised a request with my company for the certificate
My green dynamite came this month with the BH number from Delhi. Its a S model Petrol. They asked for a employment letter mentioning job profile and stating that offices are in more than 4 states. Plus they needed gst certificates from 4 states to verify the same. Took 3 days to generate the number. First online application, then physical paper submission. All handled by the dealer. 1 day delay was because I had to get the employment letter again since it stated that the job profile is project director in an IT company and as per them if the profile mentions director it must mean company director and then your name should appear in gst certificates. I tried to explain that project director does not mean company director but it was like banging your head against the wall. Finally got a new employment letter mentioning changed profile and got the number next day.

Will be sharing photos and my experience soon. Its already done 1000 kms and am loving it.
pramitmittal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 20:13   #3100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Update on accessories: Finally, I managed to find the slush boot mats. The Gurgaon Landmark showroom had them in stock. Went and picked them up. Cost: INR 5400/-.

Can anyone refer a good Service advisor in Jeep Landmark Gurgaon service center? I am planning to visit them tomorrow and I need to check a couple of things with them before I embark on the 30km round trip.
Two updates in one day. Went ahead and got the extended warranty. The car has not yet crossed the 60 day mark. So got it for INR 40k. Ujjwal, at the Gurgaon workshop, was helpful. Received the certificate on email and WhatsApp. Very prompt.

Last edited by Pancham : 22nd December 2021 at 20:29.
Old 22nd December 2021, 22:49   #3101
BHPian

Re: Wierd problem in a brand new Jeep Compass Petrol Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
To me it looks to be most likely an electrical issue. Either cables/shorting of some sort/sensor or battery related. The compass facelift had fair bit of issues reported with the batteries. Unless it's not an issue more common like a rat eating through a wire or something of the sort.

It is quite a harrowing experience for sure however. With 2 under 10 kids can't imagine the situation had they been on a highway run.

Btw, was this in Mumbai? And what variant was it?
UPDATE: The service centre said the ground wire has come loose. That's all the feedback that was received. No mention why this would've happened in a brand new car.

The car is working fine now.
Old 23rd December 2021, 06:45   #3102
BHPian

Hi folks
I got a Jeep Compass Petrol AT limited edition sometime back. One of the challenges I am having is with the Uconnect system. Everytime I switch off the vehicle and start it again after sometime, I have to pair the phone again manually for Apple CarPlay. Is something wrong with the settings ? Can someone point to a resolution for this issue ?
Cheers
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:38   #3103

I'm having similar issue in my new compass D MT. Raised it with both Service center and Jeep India, and they tried to upgrade the UConnect version. However, the issue got changed to intermittent disconnection of Bluetooth/Apple Car Play. Now they are asking to leave the car in the service center to take the system logs from Uconnect and then to decide whether to get software fix or replacement of hardware.
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:00   #3104
BHPian

Hey,

I have a Nov 21 Jeep Compass S 4x4 AT purchased from Landmark Jeep (Andheri, Mumbai).

1> I've driven the car - Mumbai to Goa and got an average of 11 km/l.
In the city I am getting 6.5 - 7 km/l
The car has done 1,100 kms till date.

2> The Auto Start/Stop Engine works randomly.

3> The ORVM don't close everytime I lock the car (it has already been enabled under settings).

4> Today the radiator fan was on for over 15 mins after shutting down and locking the car.
I had to get back in the car and hit the brake pedal a couple of times and thats what shut down the radiator fan.

Would like some feedback from other Jeep Compass owners. These problems are worrying me as I've just taken delivery of the car in November!

The Customer Service Advisor (Car Service) is of no use, they have not called me back since over 2 weeks now.

Thanks,
Ashwin
Old 23rd December 2021, 16:27   #3105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzin_hornets View Post
Hey,

1> I've driven the car - Mumbai to Goa and got an average of 11 km/l.
In the city I am getting 6.5 - 7 km/l
The car has done 1,100 kms till date.

2> The Auto Start/Stop Engine works randomly.

4> Today the radiator fan was on for over 15 mins after shutting down and locking the car.
I had to get back in the car and hit the brake pedal a couple of times and thats what shut down the radiator fan.

Thanks,
Ashwin
I have a Nov 21 Diesel AT too. No. 2 and 4 are normal. I have faced no. 4 once when the radiator fan kept running for sometime. But that was once. Does it happen every time for you? You can get it checked at the 5k service if it is a frequent phenomena.

FE should improve a bit but dont expect a lot. It should hover around 7-8 KMPL if you drive bumper to bumper.

For no. 2, if you have the AC on, the system will make sure that the cabin temperature is at least below the outside temp. There are few other conditions too. I usually switch it off the moment I get into the car.

Last edited by Pancham : 23rd December 2021 at 16:29.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks