Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2022, 21:41   #3166
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by acarun.vel View Post
Folks, I happened to take my Dad's 2017 Compass to Masinagudi for the new year. The car felt so uncomfortable and was very bouncy so much that my wife regained her motion sickness which was absent for a while. My daily drive is a Nexon and she felt the comfort at the backseat of Nexon much better than Compass. I too kind of agree with her feedback. While it handles beautifully, it is very unsettling that we are planning to replace it for a Crysta, as my parents are getting old. Is this bouncy behavior experience by other owners or is it just something wrong with this specific vehicle ?
Acarun, is the uncomfortable and bouncy feeling due to a specific issue in your car. Just checking as I did not find that issue coming from a sedan when I did the test drive and also read through the review pages and did not find any mention of the issue other than one member not able find a good driving position. In the process of buying the car and hence wanted to check as its a significant investment from Vento which I have.
Old 5th January 2022, 08:56   #3167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niki9009 View Post
I've now given the vehicle for repair in KHT Prime and the SA is telling that the coolant given by true sai was wrong and I have to buy some JEEP coolant and this is apparently a lifetime coolant and is quoting me around 10000. And is threatening me that if I do not fill this the warranty will become void as I'm not filling the company recommended coolant. I got into a minor argument with the SA on how the JEEP ASS in Salem filled the lower priced one and why is that I'm being pushed to buy this expensive one.

Has anyone faced this kind of issue? Will there be any effect on engine if I use the lower priced one? Will my warranty really get void as the SA says?
Hey, I've had a similar instance to yours, Jeep does use a lifetime coolant which is expensive. Had this confirmed by 2 dealers. 10k sounds about right. Can't comment on the warranty part.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 11:54   #3168
BHPian

I was looking for Jeep Compass in Kolkata. But the reluctance of the dealer to even get in touch is surprising.

Someone from Jeep called and assured that they will arrange a test drive within a month, which sounded so funny.

I have experienced the same slow responses earlier from Jeep in Bangalore as well. Both the dealers will call near month end and then forget again for a month.
Old 5th January 2022, 17:25   #3169
BHPian

Me too with Jeep Compass Galaxy Blue(Limited Diesel)

Me too almost a Harrier buyer.

Me too suffering rooftop rattle however not too loud.

I gave up on my Automatic ambition and 3l rupees to get the car.

So far love the feel. I also respect Harriers whenever they pass by. Others are definitely not the same segment.

Congratulations to all 3 of you.
Old 5th January 2022, 18:22   #3170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
What I do not like about the car:
  1. At times it feels like the car does not respond appropriately to the accelerator. I have tried depressing the accelerator slightly more but the car feels sluggish.
What I have observed, especially in jeep automatic is, a slight delay in the gas makes it more responsive. The gearbox is not responsive to immediate throttle inputs

Last edited by ampere : 5th January 2022 at 19:18. Reason: Fixed quote tag
TheCarLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 21:42   #3171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
What I have observed, especially in jeep automatic is, a slight delay in the gas makes it more responsive. The gearbox is not responsive to immediate throttle inputs
Since its a turbo, there is expected an lag, right?
If I have revved the engine a bit & if I am driving in a spirited manner, then the Jeep is quick. Its some times that there is a lag.
Old 5th January 2022, 21:53   #3172
BHPian

Quote:
Since its a turbo, there is expected an lag, right?
If I have revved the engine a bit & if I am driving in a spirited manner, then the Jeep is quick. Its some times that there is a lag.
What am saying is not in reference to the turbo lag. If we delay the the throttle input after the gear shift, I could feel the difference in the way the engine responded. And the DCT of jeep is a bit sluggish compared to the DSG of VW. One can actually feel the gear changes.

In the manual, as you quoted, I did not feel that.
Old 5th January 2022, 22:03   #3173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
For anyone looking at disabling the Compass beeps, I’ve posted details at the link below. Code6 at Mumbai has a solution involving disconnecting the relevant speaker.

< https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5224282 (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts) >
Thanks for the update!
Though since it involves removing the speaker, I believe other alert chimes will also be lost. Any idea on what all alerts one will be missing out on?
deltasierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 09:24   #3174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
Thanks for the update!
Though since it involves removing the speaker, I believe other alert chimes will also be lost. Any idea on what all alerts one will be missing out on?
Call the Code6 guy and ask him for specific inputs - he’ll tell you exactly.

What I recall from my friend telling me was (and I could be wrong - this is my vague recall) - its the seatbelt chime and possibly (to lose this is annoying actually) also the ticking indicator sound. Basically some warning chimes.
Old 6th January 2022, 11:27   #3175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahulNagaraj View Post
Thanks to Kalpak Arware for sending this in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
Many thanks to Rahul Nagraj for sharing my experience.......My 1st post but certainly not the last.....
Old 6th January 2022, 11:37   #3176
BHPian

Quote:
The Three Blue Jeep Compasses
First of all, please accept a very heartfelt congratulations to you and your wife for acquiring this beautiful SUV and the galaxy blue colour is IMHO is the one which suits the most on this facelift Compass.

Quote:
Disclaimer: This is a slightly long post. Feel free to skip to the end with the pictures.
Actually, I would like to thank you for the same as I'm a bit old fashioned person and love to read long and detailed posts and not comfortable in short-form, abbreviated 4-5 liner posts!

Quote:
...my previous vehicle a Hyundai i10 started giving a little trouble and showing its age.
Wow and literally wow man!, such a huge upgrade from a decent and cute little i10 to the mighty and strong Jeep! It shows your endless hard work and perseverance towards your profession. I literally salute you!

Quote:
....By early October I had started taking the low safety ratings of Seltos more seriously and was thinking of reconsidering the Harrier again..
The long waiting period of the Seltos was actually a blessing in disguise for you, the Seltos is no doubt a very sorted car but the low safety rating is actually very appalling especially when you consider that the top end GT line doesn't retail cheap.

Quote:
The Color looks royal & similar to the blue of the Mercedes & BMW. Sadly, we didn't get enough discounts, but then we were very keen to get a good car and the Jeep definitely is one.
Absolutely! It's a pure class and is in a league of its own, also not only the paint shade is similar to the luxury marquees but the actual paint quality too, is excellent and highly glossy with minimal to nil orange peel effect.

Quote:
My friend who persuaded me to consider the Compass, also booked his in manual variant in Galaxy Blue. Co-incidentally, another friend of his booked his Compass in Galaxy Blue.
Once again congratulations to all three of you on acquiring your American beast and all the three cars along with their respective owners having a wide grin plastered across their face in one frame is a picture worth thousand words. With brands like GM and Ford being a thing of past, as of now in India Jeep is the only OEM left which carries that tru-blu tough American DNA for us to experience and cherish. Stay safe and happy motoring!
Tony2298 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 13:18   #3177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarLover View Post
What am saying is not in reference to the turbo lag. If we delay the the throttle input after the gear shift, I could feel the difference in the way the engine responded. And the DCT of jeep is a bit sluggish compared to the DSG of VW. One can actually feel the gear changes.

In the manual, as you quoted, I did not feel that.
True, my friend with the manual transmission (the one also in the photoshoot) also shares the same opinion as you have expressed here - the manual responds well if you can time the gear shifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony2298 View Post
Once again congratulations to all three of you on acquiring your American beast and all the three cars along with their respective owners having a wide grin plastered across their face in one frame is a picture worth thousand words. With brands like GM and Ford being a thing of past, as of now in India Jeep is the only OEM left which carries that tru-blu tough American DNA for us to experience and cherish. Stay safe and happy motoring!
Many thanks for your kind words. All of us are very happy with the car. You are right, the waiting time for Seltos was a blessing in disguise.
Old 7th January 2022, 21:38   #3178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
Many thanks to Rahul Nagraj for sharing my experience.......My 1st post but certainly not the last.....
Congratulations Kalpak. What was the eventual variant that you bought? The diesel 4x2 MT Longitude(O)?
Old 8th January 2022, 10:19   #3179
BHPian

Fellow Jeepers.. got a question. Can we roll up the windows using the keyfob? I mean when we lock the Jeep, can we roll up the windows too?
Old 8th January 2022, 13:20   #3180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint_Krish View Post
Fellow Jeepers.. got a question. Can we roll up the windows using the keyfob? I mean when we lock the Jeep, can we roll up the windows too?
Nope. No such provision.
sushantk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks