Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2022, 17:11   #3181
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Finally, the search for a new car, which started with multiple showroom visits and touch and feels for S Cross, Honda City, Taigun, Harrier/Safari, ended up with me buying the new Jeep Compass in December last year.
It's a beautiful red Jeep Compass Diesel Sport. Took it out for a road trip starting from Delhi and covering Chittorgarh, Mount Abu, Palanpur, Kumbhalgarh and Sariska. Clocked about 2500km on odo with everyone in family happy!
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211226_131948.jpg  

ManishSoni is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th January 2022, 19:21   #3182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
The Three Blue Jeep Compasses

Disclaimer: This is a slightly long post. Feel free to skip to the end with the pictures.
It seems this article has been picked up by Cartoq now -
https://www.cartoq.com/3-friends-buy...e-same-colour/

and I am told there is a meme out there on me and my friends buying the 3 Jeep .

Last edited by aayusht : 8th January 2022 at 19:23.
aayusht is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 08:38   #3183
BHPian

Quote:
What I have done since the car has arrived:
  1. Got a DDPAI dashcam fixed. Had originally done a DIY job, but later on I took someone’s help later on to tuck inside the wiring.
  2. Bought a car shampoo (brand – Formula 1, not sure how great it is) & done a thorough cleaning over the holidays (spend about 2 hours in the process)
  3. Explored the options of Ceramic coating but found it not worth (they don’t really protect the car from scratches as the ceramic coating is generally 2-3 microns). If someone actually wants to protect the car from scratches, then a PPF coating might be better but for a Jeep Compass, it would cost me approx. 70-80K or more. After stretching our budget, not comfortable spending another 70K on PPF right now.
  4. Got a photoshoot of the 3 Jeeps & it turned out to be an awesome sight with the three Jeeps in Blue (photos below).

Your's truly in the First pic.
Photo Credits to my wife (Prerna) & Anshul

Dear Mods: please suggest if this post needs to be modified.

Congratulations on your purchase

I have got the same model and same exact color Jeep. Now what you can do is (if you may wish to):

1. Get a Turtle Spray coating - DIY (it works nicely on my black compass since I also didn't find it worth to do Ceramic coating in the market)
2. Change the seven slot grill mat part to the gloss one. As in the sport model they gave this low quality material, it turns into rough grey plastic trim after a few months. I changed mine to gloss and it looks great now (check pictures)

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20211220wa0005.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211218_115646.jpg

Last edited by Eddy : 12th January 2022 at 13:27. Reason: Fixed quotes
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 16:59   #3184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAbhinavRajp View Post

1. Get a Turtle Spray coating - DIY (it works nicely on my black compass since I also didn't find it worth to do Ceramic coating in the market)
2. Change the seven slot grill mat part to the gloss one. As in the sport model they gave this low quality material, it turns into rough grey plastic trim after a few months. I changed mine to gloss and it looks great now (check pictures)

Attachment 2256543

Attachment 2256544
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I tried to send you a message but couldn't due to some privacy restrictions. Could you please tell me more about the Turtle spray? Which one was it? How did you do it yourself? Someone else also suggested that I do that hence wanted to understand in detail. Possible for us to speak over the phone?
PS - your Jeep also looks pretty nice with a nice gloss shine. Does the turtle spray help with the shine as well?
Old 9th January 2022, 20:03   #3185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aayusht View Post
Hey, thanks for the suggestions. I tried to send you a message but couldn't due to some privacy restrictions. Could you please tell me more about the Turtle spray? Which one was it? How did you do it yourself? Someone else also suggested that I do that hence wanted to understand in detail. Possible for us to speak over the phone?
PS - your Jeep also looks pretty nice with a nice gloss shine. Does the turtle spray help with the shine as well?
Hi Aayush, I am new to the forum and don't know how to send messages here. Find below the link of Turtle spray I have been using:

https://www.amazon.in/your-orders/po...ntId=DgZQJkgHh

It is very easy to use. Just apply small parts (1-2 feets) using any Microfiber cloth and then rub it with another fine cloth.
Do the second quote after 24 hours. That way coating gets thicker on the panels and shine / protection is better.

After using this thing I never felt like spending 30k on Ceramic coating outside.

I used the same spray on the plastic trims as well and surprisingly trims got darker like new after applying.

Attached my number in QR just in case you want to call me. Thanks
Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20220109200229.jpg
Old 9th January 2022, 23:24   #3186
BHPian

Registration faux pas by Landmark Noida:

So, I'd posted here on this thread when I got my Compass Limited D-MT (Ref: Post # 3053).

I told my SA that my car has to be registered in Noida (UP-16). There was no problem in that and the SA confirmed that since I am a permanent resident of Noida and have all documents bearing Noida address that should not be a problem. I followed up with my SA for the registration, however, for some reason, the RTO payment was only made after more than 25 days of my purchase. No problems there. The documents were verified by him too.

As soon as payment was made, I received a text Ghaziabad RTO. Immediately, I contacted my SA and asked why have I received a text from Ghaziabad RTO. I told him again that the car is to registered in Noida and not Ghaziabad (UP-14). He assured me and clarified (in writing) that Ghaziabad portal was used, but the number would be of Noida only.

After a week or so later, it turns out that the registration number bears a UP-14 instead of UP-16. The number allotted was good, but I was furious.

On fishing through documents, it was discovered that my Aadhaar had the correct addresss along with the correct pincode, except for the last line which said -Ghaziabad!!

Unfortunately, I am resident Noida but my car is from Ghaziabad - its funny. Who is to be blamed? Partially both - I should have checked my Aadhaar address to the T (but this address never caused any problems to me qua my residential status). On the other hand, the dealer should have told me so when going in for the Registration process.

So my questions are as follows:

(1) What is my recourse now? Can I get it transferred to UP-16 from UP-14? (IMO: I guess not).

(2) Was it not the duty of the dealer to tell me that my documents were not proper for a UP-16 registration? Shouldn't they have told me/informed before going ahead with the registration? Also, is Aadhaar the only document being considered as address proof?

(3) How should I deal with this now? It pains me to see my car as UP-14 since there is no proof whatsoever of me being from Ghaziabad. (Maybe I will have to live with this).

On other aspects:

There's a slight discoloration and loss of shine on a small portion of the left door below the handle - its like a patch. The dealer has acknowledged the same. He has asked me to get it checked at the workshop. They will re-paint/replace the door under warranty.

No rattles till now.

All said and done - the car is going good till now - done over 3,500kms - giving me a mileage of 18Km/l. The drive is engaging and I love it! Feels like I'm gliding over the road!
Old 11th January 2022, 15:27   #3187
BHPian

Hey guys, has any one of you got an OBD reader for the compass? I cannot figure out where and what to buy. From what I see, you can probably install an app like jScan and use a compatible OBD reader? Please shed some light since i cannot find this information anywhere.
Why do i need this? Nothing urgent but I think this is a very good investment for the future.
Old 11th January 2022, 17:16   #3188

Hi all

I am from Mumbai and about to buy a Jeep Compass Limited edition 1.4 ltr petrol variant. I am getting a slightly cheaper quote (of about 3-4K) from outside for the insurance with similar add-ons and from the same insurance company. My query is whether buying insurance through Mopar portal makes any difference to the claim handling and chances of claim settlement thus making it worthwhile to pay a little extra? The dealer claims that the workshop manages all the claim related issues on behalf of the buyer but I am wondering if this is really true or just a way to convince buyer to shell out more. Request guidance on this from senior members.
Old 11th January 2022, 20:13   #3189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar_GT View Post
Congratulations Kalpak. What was the eventual variant that you bought? The diesel 4x2 MT Longitude(O)?
Thanks a ton Kedar.....Yes mine is Longitude (O) diesel manual.
Old 11th January 2022, 20:25   #3190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piy12b View Post
Hi all

My query is whether buying insurance through Mopar portal makes any difference to the claim handling and chances of claim settlement thus making it worthwhile to pay a little extra? The dealer claims that the workshop manages all the claim related issues on behalf of the buyer but I am wondering if this is really true or just a way to convince buyer to shell out more. Request guidance on this from senior members.
Just check with the dealer with which Insurance Company they have tie up and accordingly buy the Insurance from the same insurance company from outside.
This will not only save you some bucks, but also help you in cashless claim settlement if at all. I wish you never experience that. If you buy insurance from any other company other than with whom they have tie up, you may lose on cashless claim settlement facility and will require to pay for repairs upfront which dealers insist.
kaps1311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2022, 23:08   #3191
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all

I am from Mumbai and about to buy a Jeep Compass Limited edition 1.4 ltr petrol variant. I am getting a slightly cheaper quote (of about 3-4K) from outside for the insurance with similar add-ons and from the same insurance company. My query is whether buying insurance through Mopar portal makes any difference to the claim handling and chances of claim settlement thus making it worthwhile to pay a little extra? The dealer claims that the workshop manages all the claim related issues on behalf of the buyer but I am wondering if this is really true or just a way to convince buyer to shell out more. Request guidance on this from senior members.
When I had got the Jeep the dealership matched the quote that I got externally. You can also check policy bazaar and check which insurance company has a tie up with the dealership.
If the difference is just 3 to 4K as you called out it might be better to take it from the dealership itself since you will need to deal with them in the long run
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 00:35   #3192

Like I mentioned earlier, I have taken an external quote from one of the insurance companies (ICICI Lombard) that Mopar also offers through their portal. The dealer has given their best quote through the portal which still is 3-4K higher than external quote I got and they are unable to match my quote. Since it is the same company, would it still make any difference in claim handling if I take it from outside?
Old 12th January 2022, 09:28   #3193

Quote:
Like I mentioned earlier, I have taken an external quote from one of the insurance companies (ICICI Lombard) that Mopar also offers through their portal. The dealer has given their best quote through the portal which still is 3-4K higher than external quote I got and they are unable to match my quote. Since it is the same company, would it still make any difference in claim handling if I take it from outside?
It doesn't make any difference. Go ahead and opt for the one with best quote. Also check with TATA-AIG, which I took with best price.
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 09:42   #3194
BHPian

Finally, brought home the Compass last week, still feels unbelievable that this has happened. Have to make some time for drives, with weekend curfews in place.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20211224wa0028.jpg  

bullitt1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 18:13   #3195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Finally, brought home the Compass last week, still feels unbelievable that this has happened. Have to make some time for drives, with weekend curfews in place.
Congratulations !, wishing you many happy miles , happy jeeping

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks