Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2022, 14:43   #3271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Honestly it would be the worst idea to have beige mats.
Personally it doesnt look good for me even when it is new - definitely not in Compass which has more sporty theme, might look good for luxury cars like E / S class (still I wouldn't go for beige).
While above is personal preference, the fact is it is definitely not suited for Indian conditions, where your mat will get soiled easily. Just imaging every drive you would need to keep staring at that dirt.
Thanks. I placed order for Black mats. Me too felt the same after seeing some pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Please contact them directly on their whatsapp number which should be available on the site. The last quote I had one week ago from them was for 9200.
Thanks. They shared a price of Rs 9299 when contacted via Whatsapp. I placed the order for Black mats.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th February 2022 at 16:14. Reason: Merged. Please use the edit / multiquote functionality instead of back to back posts within 30 mins on the same thread.
enj0y_ride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 14:52   #3272
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any long term Sport Petrol MT users here who can share their user experience - with respect to turbo lag, driveability, average fuel efficiency and maintenance?
While I have not driven the Compass petrol, I did a casual check on official specs - this is what the brochure had to say: 250 nm @ 2500-4000 rpm. At least on paper, this translates to significant turbo-lag with peak torque kicking in as late as 2,500 rpm! While the DDCT can mask it to an extent, I am quite sure this would be evident in MT avatar.

Of course, Compass Petrol MT/AT owners can correct me if I am wrong here.
Old 7th February 2022, 15:17   #3273
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I don’t think these wheels have the same strength as the alloys. I wouldn’t suggest them for off roading or driving in bad terrain. They are prone to damage and wheel bends.
For off-road driving steel rims with lower diameter are preferred as they at most bend, while alloys break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post

The boot is also reasonably good considering we get a full size spare (compared to Germans where we get spec saver spare tyre). Coming to ride, it's busy, you know what surface you are riding on, but that also means you can be careless around corners
The Spare is NOT a full size spare it is ALMOST full size but is of narrower width hence there is a speed limitation sticker on the steel rim.
ACM is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:45   #3274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Sorry to hear about this. Please post on what the service center says as the real cause ( must be manufacturing defect - but so far no one reported this in any of the threads. )
They have come back saying that there is a rat bite on the rear left hand side brake pipe due to which the brake fluid is leaking.

I am surprised as I have used the same parking for almost 3 years for my Ecosport (sold now) and never faced this issue. In fact there are thousands of cars parked in the basement parking and no one is complaining of this. Within one month of purchase, facing such a situation seems super weird. Trying to figure out a solution with them. Is it possible that it could have happened at the dealer yard and over the use of last one month, it got worse?

They do not even have the part available. So not sure when I will receive the car back.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-5b05e21f3bab4a4d96a8b1eb783fc243.jpeg  

Last edited by Anand2712 : 7th February 2022 at 17:47. Reason: Added image
Anand2712 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 17:56   #3275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
They have come back saying that there is a rat bite on the rear left hand side brake pipe due to which the brake fluid is leaking.

I am surprised as I have used the same parking for almost 3 years for my Ecosport (sold now) and never faced this issue. In fact there are thousands of cars parked in the basement parking and no one is complaining of this. Within one month of purchase, facing such a situation seems super weird. Trying to figure out a solution with them. Is it possible that it could have happened at the dealer yard and over the use of last one month, it got worse?

They do not even have the part available. So not sure when I will receive the car back.
Looks like, newer cars are more susceptible to rat bites than older ones due to the environment friendly materials used [ not sure how much of it is true ]

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...les/578398002/

The article also states like "Toyota and some other vehicle manufacturers started using a soy-based product as an insulation for wiring under the hood about a decade ago"

Apparently, there seemed to be a class-action suit in US relating this.
enj0y_ride is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 19:05   #3276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
For off-road driving steel rims with lower diameter are preferred as they at most bend, while alloys break.

The Spare is NOT a full size spare it is ALMOST full size but is of narrower width hence there is a speed limitation sticker on the steel rim.
Totally agree on steel wheels being better suited to offroading. In-fact during my Raid De Himalaya stints i never saw any rally car with Alloys. All had steel wheels.

Steel does bend but doesn't break or crack like alloys.

Also linking to an external url for a good article on this topic. https://bestoffroadwheels.com/steel-...-alloy-wheels/

Now coming to Steel Wheels for Jeep, these are two types of Steel wheels. First the ones that come with the Sports and Longitude model. I am sure Jeep would have designed them to be as tough as they need to be for typical usage including offroading.

The second type is the Steel Spare Wheel which comes in the limited and limited plus and perhaps even in the Trailhawk. This is strictly speaking a spare wheel which is for emergency use only. I would not recommend using the spare wheel for offroading.

A good set of 16 inch Standard Steel Jeep Wheels with AT tyres would be the ideal set for offroading in my opinion.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2022, 20:02   #3277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post

The second type is the Steel Spare Wheel which comes in the limited and limited plus and perhaps even in the Trailhawk. This is strictly speaking a spare wheel which is for emergency use only. I would not recommend using the spare wheel for offroading.

A good set of 16 inch Standard Steel Jeep Wheels with AT tyres would be the ideal set for offroading in my opinion.
In case of the Compass (2017 one) the spare steel wheel is a proper full width steel wheel and identical to the regular wheels of the Compass Sport (2017), even in size and strength. It is a 215/65 R16 tyre and can take full speeds too. The difference in size from the alloys of 225/60 R17 is around 2.2% so practically you can even do 100+ speeds.
However for the new gen Compass the situation could be different.

Last edited by Behemoth : 7th February 2022 at 20:05.
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2022, 13:34   #3278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
First the ones that come with the Sports and Longitude model
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
However for the new gen Compass the situation could be different.
The 2021 (aka facelift) Compass comes will alloy wheels across all (including Sport) variants.
Old 8th February 2022, 20:26   #3279
BHPian

The 2017 to 2019 Sport had 16 inch Steel wheels which looked similar to alloys.
Name:  2018JeepCompassSportTrim.png
Views: 1383
Size:  37.5 KB

The 2019 Sport Plus which replaced the Sport came with proper 16 inch alloys.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-compass1.jpg

With the facelift, the Sport (which is the base model again) comes with 17 inch alloys.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-sports14.jpg.img.1440.jpg
loki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 08:49   #3280
BHPian

Quote:
Any long term Sport Petrol MT users here who can share their user experience - with respect to turbo lag, driveability, average fuel efficiency and maintenance?
Did you get to test drive Petrol MT here in Trivandrum? I was told they don't have Petrol MT test drive vehicle and was offered test drive in either Petrol AT or Diesel MT. I did test drive of both Petrol AT and Diesel AT. Yet to do test drive of Diesel MT.

They offered me 1L discount for MY21 JC Sport Petrol MT & Limited Petrol AT, which they have in stock. But since both of them are MY21, the old price becomes applicable (which they mentioned as Cash Discount of 50K ) and least possible Insurance premium (again another 50K off), which I was already aware of Thanks to TeamBhp

I am also in a similar situation as you. My current drive is a 2011 Vista QJD with 2L kms on odo and my budget is 15-20L. I prefer a proper Automatic due to my knee pain and reduced monthly drive of under 1K kms compared to around 2.5K kms before. I have used Diesel vehicles extensively and find the torque addictive. But I also found 1.0TSi good enough of VW-Skoda. Didn't get to drive 1.5TSi, since they didn't have with them at that moment. They promised to bring 1.5TSi, but never got back to me. The variants I like in JC is Limited and S, both out of reach. Sport and Longitude is also not bad in itself. I am not too sure about EV right now. Waiting for Slavia and Virtus also.
arif_t01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 09:06   #3281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by germin View Post
We have a Dec 2019 Sport Petrol MT, we have covered about 14k Kms till date (thanks to the lockdowns). The experience has been great so far, we had issues with the turbo lag initially since we always had NA petrol vehicles previously but we are used to it now and don't find that as an issue anymore.
Thanks a lot for the detailed feedback. Not a lot of reliable information on the internet with regards to this particular variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
Did you get to test drive Petrol MT here in Trivandrum? I was told they don't have Petrol MT test drive vehicle and was offered test drive in either Petrol AT or Diesel MT. I did test drive of both Petrol AT and Diesel AT. Yet to do test drive of Diesel MT.
Same here. Driving the petrol AT in manual mode was the only way to gauge the engine. I believe this AT box doesnt come with a torque converter, so the in-gear feel should be the same as in a manual transmission.

You should TD the diesel. It is the more engaging-to-drive option, as everyone suggests. But if you have knee problems, better look at an automatic itself.

Quote:
They offered me 1L discount for MY21 JC Sport Petrol MT & Limited Petrol AT, which they have in stock.
When was this? Sport was available last week, but gone now. I was told the only older stock they have is a red Limited. Didnt ask which engine.

Quote:
Waiting for Slavia and Virtus also.
Slavia has arrived, but will be kept on display only from 4pm onwards, tomorrow.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 9th February 2022 at 09:08.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 10:19   #3282
Team-BHP Support

What are the discounts available for the 2021 Compass Model S diesel MT vs the 2022 MY.

Have a friend looking for a Compass and the dealer has offered a 2021 model S with not much discount.
Old 9th February 2022, 12:09   #3283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What are the discounts available for the 2021 Compass Model S diesel MT vs the 2022 MY.

Have a friend looking for a Compass and the dealer has offered a 2021 model S with not much discount.
Spoke to My contact at Kanakapura Road PPS, can expect around ~1L ( MY22 )

You can contact Darshan ( 7997988790 ) and refer my name ( Sandeep )

Last edited by redballons : 9th February 2022 at 12:11.
redballons is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2022, 12:16   #3284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Have been offered very quickly with not much negotiating and over the phone a 1.5L(90k cash and rest insurance) on Model S Auto Petrol MY 2021, Oct-Dec 2021 manufactured.
I noticed you're in Bangalore and not Bombay but perhaps this can help give you some idea.
Old 9th February 2022, 13:00   #3285
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. Driving the petrol AT in manual mode was the only way to gauge the engine. I believe this AT box doesnt come with a torque converter, so the in-gear feel should be the same as in a manual transmission.
Petrol is DCT, JEEP call it DDCT

Quote:
You should TD the diesel. It is the more engaging-to-drive option, as everyone suggests. But if you have knee problems, better look at an automatic itself.
You very well know the roads in Kerala, especially the so called National Highway, which are anything but a 2 lane road full of traffic. So, preference is for Automatic only.

Quote:
When was this? Sport was available last week, but gone now. I was told the only older stock they have is a red Limited. Didnt ask which engine.
A month ago, so it must be gone by now, as you say. The Sport was Petrol MT. Red Limited was also Petrol, but AT.

Quote:
Slavia has arrived, but will be kept on display only from 4pm onwards, tomorrow.
Received call from Showroom intimating the same. So, when are you going? For the official unveil tomorrow evening? Still in doubt about Slavia, seeing the issues in Kushaq. But surprisingly, not hearing much complaints about Taigun, which is essentially the same. Also, if Slavia ticks all boxes, another confusion is whether to wait for Virtus, which in my opinion, looks more elegant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks