Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2022, 21:43   #3211
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post

... No, it does not.
Thanks for the quick reply. I am surprised to see that not many folks have complained about the non-reclining rear seats . This seems to be a big miss on such an expensive Car especially on long drives.

Last edited by Acelerar : 15th January 2022 at 21:44.
Old 15th January 2022, 22:30   #3212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
I am surprised to see that not many folks have complained about the non-reclining rear seats . This seems to be a big miss on such an expensive Car especially on long drives.
That's because most of us who care are on the front seat enjoying the drive. .

My older Corolla Altis had this. But neither my son or any elderly I had taken in were bothered about it. In the 6.5 years of ownership, I adjusted the reclining seat once, when I took delivery of the car, and that was to see how it worked. But perhaps others might find it useful...
hypermiler is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th January 2022, 23:34   #3213
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's time to replace my Ford Endeavour 3.2 (unfortunately a very hard car to replace but as per Company car policy time to go for new Car) and one of the alternatives I am considering is the new model S launched in 2021.

3) Does the rear seat recline in 2021 model?
If you are 4 adults or 2 adults + bigger kids in the rear seat, then you will miss the reclining option during long drives. And probably they didn't give this in 2021 model to make sure that the boot space is not getting affected.

Since you are moving from Ford Endeavour 3.2, why not wait for Jeep Commander?! This will get reclining option + it is a 7 seater.

Quote:
1) 2021 model does seem to have rattling issues . Is there any update on this and is it fixed for the unfortunate owners who had to face this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by solaris007 View Post
I am also very interested in this particular rattling issue especially since I have recently seen a few horror stories on Youtube involving the Model S variant.
Regarding rattling issues, I hear that 2022 manufactured cars are getting some fixes directly from the factory. So, better to wait for some time and check 2022 manufactured Compass.
arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 01:55   #3214

Got delivery of my Jeep Compass 1.4L petrol Limited option today in exotica red. Loved the red colour, especially in dual tone.
On regular roads and a small patch of bad road, did not find any rattling issue so far. My car is Nov 21 manufactured. As for accommodating 3 medium built adults in the rear seat, we found it comfortable enough and then only decided to go for this car. However, it would be unfair to compare it to Endeavour.
piy12b is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th January 2022, 04:49   #3215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
I wanted to take this offline as I thought this might involve a lot of Bangalore specific questions which may not interest the general audience. Mods, please move this to someplace else if you think this is not the right thread to discuss this.
- I would recommend PPS 100%, I would definitely go to PPS if I have to purchase my vehicle again.
- Aakash is the best salesperson.
- He went all out of his way to make my vehicle delivery possible. He helped me in getting discounts on accesories and insurance too. Just yesterday he got an award too.
- In case you are reaching out to him, take my reference. He has become a connect of mine.
- I got 1 lac rupees of discount since this particular model was in warehouse and dealer wanted to sell it ASAP.
- Negotiate in Insurance as much as possible. I got all the benefits people mention here worth 80-120K, I got in 35K.

Last edited by ampere : 16th January 2022 at 11:33. Reason: trimmed quoted post
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 16:09   #3216
BHPian

I second this. PPS was better compared to KHT.

Rattling yes started at 60kms for me. Its very light and with music on you will not hear it. To describe, its like a rice rattling on the dashboard. People have fixed it with foam tapes under the extreme front dashboard area where the speaker etc sits. I think thats a separate piece.

Here is one source which talks about the fixes :
Saint_Krish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 16:37   #3217
BHPian

Thanks to redballons, bullitt1 and RealAbhinavRajp for your detailed responses to my earlier queries. I am really grateful for the answers.

Quote:
Thanks for the quick reply. I am surprised to see that not many folks have complained about the non-reclining rear seats . This seems to be a big miss on such an expensive Car especially on long drives.
Rear seat recline angle is the first thing my wife complained about after the test drive. She did not find it comfortable at all. I on the other hand did not find any issue with the recline angle.
yosbert is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2022, 18:53   #3218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Regarding rattling issues, I hear that 2022 manufactured cars are getting some fixes directly from the factory. So, better to wait for some time and check 2022 manufactured Compass.
An encouraging thing that I noticed, both here and Jeep club India facebook group, is that nobody has complained about the rattles since the Nov 21 manufactured vehicles started getting delivered. Rattling is one of the major irritants plaguing Jeep’s image. Rattles have become almost synonymous with compass. If they’ve already resolved it or are in process of resolving it, it would go huge way towards enhancing their reputation.
darklitex is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 11:37   #3219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklitex View Post
An encouraging thing that I noticed, both here and Jeep club India facebook group, is that nobody has complained about the rattles since the Nov 21 manufactured vehicles started getting delivered. Rattling is one of the major irritants plaguing Jeep’s image. Rattles have become almost synonymous with compass. If they’ve already resolved it or are in process of resolving it, it would go huge way towards enhancing their reputation.
Was the issue with any particular variant? And petrol or diesel engine? Please let us know as we are not members of the Jeep group and it would help new buyers. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th January 2022, 18:10   #3220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangaloreguy View Post
Was the issue with any particular variant? And petrol or diesel engine? Please let us know as we are not members of the Jeep group and it would help new buyers. Thanks in advance.
Hey, based on what I’ve seen in the group any model can develop rattles, be it sport or model s. Both Petrol and Diesel can develop rattles as well. It’s dependent on your luck. Many people have driven the car significantly and not faced any rattles.
The most rattle complaints I see are for Model S, but that’s probably because it’s their highest selling variant ( according to my SA at Jeep Landmark).
Old 18th January 2022, 19:29   #3221
BHPian

I have almost finalized on the Model S Diesel MT. Can any of the owners give some feedback of the integrated voice commands? And the infotainment system in general?

Surprisingly I could not find any reviews for the same.
Old 18th January 2022, 19:43   #3222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshwinRS View Post
Registration faux pas by Landmark Noida:

So my questions are as follows:

(1) What is my recourse now? Can I get it transferred to UP-16 from UP-14? (IMO: I guess not).

(2) Was it not the duty of the dealer to tell me that my documents were not proper for a UP-16 registration? Shouldn't they have told me/informed before going ahead with the registration? Also, is Aadhaar the only document being considered as address proof?

(3) How should I deal with this now? It pains me to see my car as UP-14 since there is no proof whatsoever of me being from Ghaziabad. (Maybe I will have to live with this).

On other aspects:

There's a slight discoloration and loss of shine on a small portion of the left door below the handle - its like a patch. The dealer has acknowledged the same. He has asked me to get it checked at the workshop. They will re-paint/replace the door under warranty.
1. You won't be able to change the registration number particularly in the same State.

2. The less said about competency of the manpower in these dealerships, the better. Sadly such is the state of affairs almost everywhere and there's no solution other than vigilance by self.

3. I don't see any issue with number being UP-14 instead of UP-16. Both numbers being from UP itself, you shouldn't have any issue with authorities.

4. Try getting it sanded & buffed first, most probably it should go.
If it doesn't go away with buffing and is not too noticeable, I'd rather let it be.
Be very careful with any paint job at the dealership. If not done competently, they'll spoil the paint of your new car. Even the replaced door will need to be painted at the workshop. Nothing will match the factory finish. You can try pushing for a factory painted door but very slim chances of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piy12b View Post
Hi all

I am from Mumbai and about to buy a Jeep Compass Limited edition 1.4 ltr petrol variant. I am getting a slightly cheaper quote (of about 3-4K) from outside for the insurance with similar add-ons and from the same insurance company. My query is whether buying insurance through Mopar portal makes any difference to the claim handling and chances of claim settlement thus making it worthwhile to pay a little extra? The dealer claims that the workshop manages all the claim related issues on behalf of the buyer but I am wondering if this is really true or just a way to convince buyer to shell out more. Request guidance on this from senior members.
As long as the workshop has a cashless tie up with the insurance provider, it won't matter where you get it from. Go for the most VFM option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Seeing no option here, I swiftly opened the Jeep Life app and pressed the unlock button and guess what? the car sitting 1500 kms away unlocked in exactly 2 seconds. Well, coming from a 2011 Hyundai, this was really fascinating.

Mintu ji took the cover out. Closed the boot. I pressed lock. He confirmed. Work done. Good job Jeep.
This must be the first post I'm seeing with someone praising the Jeep Life app
But appreciation where it's due since it was able to help you out with quite a sticky situation.
deltasierra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2022, 20:23   #3223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
I have almost finalized on the Model S Diesel MT. Can any of the owners give some feedback of the integrated voice commands? And the infotainment system in general?

Surprisingly I could not find any reviews for the same.
Hi Timu,

While I have not used the integrated voice commands so far. The infotainment system is really smooth and lag free. The integrated navigation also works quite well. The sound quality Of the car is really good for a stock system. Apart from that the 360 degree camera and the ventilated seats are really useful, would have helped have they had a separate button for the ventilated seats. The S (O2) models that were released post Sept have a smoother infotainment system as compared to the earlier models

Regards,
Abhishek
AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 19:13   #3224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post

4. Try getting it sanded & buffed first, most probably it should go.
If it doesn't go away with buffing and is not too noticeable, I'd rather let it be.
Be very careful with any paint job at the dealership. If not done competently, they'll spoil the paint of your new car. Even the replaced door will need to be painted at the workshop. Nothing will match the factory finish. You can try pushing for a factory painted door but very slim chances of that happening.

As long as the workshop has a cashless tie up with the insurance provider, it won't matter where you get it from. Go for the most VFM option.
Hi, thanks for your suggestion! They've tried polishing and rubbing (using a machine) at their Dealership. That didn't help. It's a weird kind of a fade!

They've asked me to visit the main workshop once to ascertain the cause. Haven't been able to do that since there's Weekend Lockdown in Delhi. Or maybe I'll visit the Noida workshop when it's functional by February mid.

Below is a picture for reference. Notice right below the door handle.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20220102_111348.jpg  

Old 21st January 2022, 13:06   #3225
BHPian

It looks as though the 1.4L petrol engine is not being used in the Compass anywhere apart from India/Nepal.
Even Jeep Compass exports to the west from India have been discontinued.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks