Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2022, 17:56   #3286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What are the discounts available for the 2021 Compass Model S diesel MT vs the 2022 MY.

Have a friend looking for a Compass and the dealer has offered a 2021 model S with not much discount.
I believe it's insurance bundle & few thousands more if someone negotiates. Net you save around 75k to max a lakh. Maybe you can get better exchange value, but I believe the independent dealers (dealerships) are too few to negotiate something exciting. The semiconductor shortage is also their lucky charm as they negotiate early delivery as compared to years of others.
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 08:51   #3287
BHPian

Hello All,

Yesterday late evening, booked Compass Model S Diesel. Now the wait begins

Thanks to all the reviews and posts here, was easier to decide. No other cars were evaluated nor test driven.

Guess a Jeep is a Jeep is a Jeep indeed.

Will post the ownership log after I receive the beast.
srikanthpotluri is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 13:22   #3288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While I have not driven the Compass petrol, I did a casual check on official specs - this is what the brochure had to say: 250 nm @ 2500-4000 rpm. At least on paper, this translates to significant turbo-lag with peak torque kicking in as late as 2,500 rpm! While the DDCT can mask it to an extent, I am quite sure this would be evident in MT avatar.

Of course, Compass Petrol MT/AT owners can correct me if I am wrong here.
I test drove the petrol AT for about 30 min in the city and did not notice any lag. It has got a strong mid range and felt great to drive. I think it makes great sense for people who don't clock a lot of kms every month and need an automatic.

Last edited by bangaloreguy : 10th February 2022 at 13:24.
bangaloreguy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:47   #3289
BHPian

I test drove Compass Model S 4x4 AT couple of days back and here is my observation.

Pro's:
1) Of course, Car looks smashing, feels super fun to drive and has good visibility overall, great steering!
2) Acceleration pick up is very quick; I test drove early morning in airport road and reached crazy speeds in no time.
3) There were lot of negatives comments about gear being lethargic. I did not feel this at all; felt as good as in my Endeavour 3.2 AT
4) Dashboard looks premium with huge n slick ICE
5) Sun roof is quite big and is good
6) Bad roads! What are they in Compass? Just glides over them
7) Ventilated seats is a useful feature for Cars in India
8) Alpine speakers with sub-woofer are one of the best I have seen
9) The Car is compact but is comfortable for 4 adults + 1 kid.

Did not like so much:
1) The engine noise can be felt inside cabin though the insulation is much better than say others with the same engine like TATA Safari
2) Limited boot space – it would be a challenge for long road trips like Ladakh (on wish list if I buy Model S 4x4 AT) or Airport pickups
3) AC did not feel adequate until the temperature was set low; the test drive was at 8 AM in the morning!
4) Non reclining rear seats and also the seat leather did not feel plush; it felt rubbery like.
5) High premium to pay compared to other cars from similar segment with no logical explanation to justify plus poor service network

Some context to my observation
1) Currently, I own Ford Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and hence some observations may be in that context. I need to replace this Car now and hence looking for alternatives.

Status after Test Drive
This car is a serious contender to be my next Car. Currently, considering Innova Crysta 2.4 Z as an alternative. Though Crysta is not as fun to drive and is not apples to apples comparison, it is a very practical vehicle that ticks most of the right boxes with great resale value. I need to make a decision between these 2 in couple of days and right now thoroughly confused! Other option is Tucson but current model is at the end of its life cycle! Wish we had the new version already! Feedback welcome

Request to existing owners
1) Several reviews mention average or poor AC. I felt this in test drive; I did not pay attention to AC vents adjustment during drive probably that could also be the reason. Is this a deal breaker or is it good enough?
2) Several reviews also mention battery drain issue in Model S. It was fairly regular for me to go abroad for 1-2 weeks and leave the Car in office in the past. Does this “battery drain” issue exist still if left for 1-2 weeks?
3) Rattling issue – Do you still have this issue? Sales person mentioned that this issue has now been fixed.

Last edited by ampere : 10th February 2022 at 20:50. Reason: removed non-forum emojees
Acelerar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 19:52   #3290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
What are the discounts available for the 2021 Compass Model S diesel MT vs the 2022 MY.
Not sure about MT, but Landmark Mumbai (Andheri) offered me 1 lakh discount on Limited and Model S MY 21. (Petrol AT)
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:17   #3291
BHPian

Request to existing owners
1) Several reviews mention average or poor AC. I felt this in test drive; I did not pay attention to AC vents adjustment during drive probably that could also be the reason. Is this a deal breaker or is it good enough?
2) Several reviews also mention battery drain issue in Model S. It was fairly regular for me to go abroad for 1-2 weeks and leave the Car in office in the past. Does this “battery drain” issue exist still if left for 1-2 weeks?
3) Rattling issue – Do you still have this issue? Sales person mentioned that this issue has now been fixed.[/quote]

1) I agree that the AC is not that great. But as a work around if you put the AC to auto it cools faster. I have been following the same from the past 1 month and have felt quite a difference in the cooling. When I had taken a TD the side went of the ac was off, so that might have been the case with you too

2) No issue in the better drain so far in the S02 models atleast. It’s already been 3 to 4 time where I have not used the car for a week or so, but no issues so far

3) No earring issues in my car so far. Some people do have that issue. But touch wood no such issue so far atleast
AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 21:35   #3292
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Landmark, Mumbai and was offered the following offers:

MY 2021 - Limited Petrol AT - 27.67L, comprised of 80k cash discount + 60k Insurance = 1.4L discount

MY 2022 - Limited Petrol AT - 28.47L, comprised of only Insurance discount 60k

MY 2021 - Model S - 29.87L, comprised of 1.1L cash discount + 65k Insurance= 1.75L discount

MY 2022 - Model S - 30.97L, comprised of only Insurance discount 65k

- Note above are offers upfront with no negotiation, primarily went for Test drive and get a feel of the vehicle in person.
- The MY2021 models are only available with limited 1-3 colours depending on variant.
Maky is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 01:21   #3293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
above are offers upfront with no negotiation, primarily went for Test drive and get a feel of the vehicle in person.
May be one can get more cash discount upon negotiation or at least can get the 20K documentation charges waived off. I am thinking of going for the test drive this week.
yashg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 08:17   #3294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acelerar View Post
44 days. I did not start my Compass for 44 days. On the 45th day, it cranked just fine. Battery is no more an issue. Read more here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5251580 (Jeep Compass : Official Review)
Pancham is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 08:59   #3295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
May be one can get more cash discount upon negotiation or at least can get the 20K documentation charges waived off. I am thinking of going for the test drive this week.
Absolutely, I think It's very much doable the documentation charges to be waived off.
However, personally I was hoping for a better cash discount on MY 2022 model and If I'm spending as much I definitely want it to be in the colour(techno green) that I want and not be in a position where I have to spend enormous amounts of money for a discount but on a colour I won't be fully satisfied in, especially given I use my cars 10+ years.
I feel it's too much of a dealership advantage at this point in time in negotiations and I wouldn't mind waiting till diwali, a friend in the loop feels steel prices will subside in the forseeable future as well as silicon shortages resolved by end of the year, to get an overall better deal and most importantly in the shade I want.
Maky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 16:50   #3296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
They have come back saying that there is a rat bite on the rear left hand side brake pipe due to which the brake fluid is leaking.

I am surprised as I have used the same parking for almost 3 years for my Ecosport (sold now) and never faced this issue. In fact there are thousands of cars parked in the basement parking and no one is complaining of this. Within one month of purchase, facing such a situation seems super weird. Trying to figure out a solution with them. Is it possible that it could have happened at the dealer yard and over the use of last one month, it got worse?

They do not even have the part available. So not sure when I will receive the car back.
The part got fixed with the brakes working perfectly as per my service advisor. The service center manager is now saying that while doing a test drive, he found the left side shock absorber to be making a sound. I never noticed this sound though. Since the car is under warranty, this is being replaced free of cost.

Again, just to reiterate the car was bought last month and has been driven less than 450 kms. Being shocked at the state of the parts quality in a new Jeep Compass worth 30 lacs would be an understatement. Hoping that this is the last of the niggles.

I was planning on doing a long road trip but this is giving me goosebumps and I will have to think of other means of transport. Need to have a fuss free ownership for few thousand kms before I can even think of such a road trip.
Anand2712 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th February 2022, 20:34   #3297
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I'm considering a used Compass Trailhawk which has front and back dashcams installed and a comment saying that parking monitoring is also enabled.

As I understand, parking monitoring needs continuous battery backup and usually will be connected directly to battery or by tapping a fuse. And also as I understand Jeep will void warranty in such cases.

Is my understanding correct here? How can someone configure parking monitoring without affecting the warranty?

I'm inspecting the car tomorrow and wanted to understand this before visiting. Also, anything to keep in mind specially related to Trailhawk variant?
Old 12th February 2022, 11:28   #3298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
Hello BHPians,

I'm considering a used Compass Trailhawk which has front and back dashcams installed and a comment saying that parking monitoring is also enabled.

As I understand, parking monitoring needs continuous battery backup and usually will be connected directly to battery or by tapping a fuse. And also as I understand Jeep will void warranty in such cases.

Is my understanding correct here? How can someone configure parking monitoring without affecting the warranty?

I'm inspecting the car tomorrow and wanted to understand this before visiting. Also, anything to keep in mind specially related to Trailhawk variant?
Usually the dashcam requires a hard wire connection by tapping a fuse to enable monitoring.

You can check if the hardwiring is done properly using a fuse tap adapter, in which case you can simply remove that and use a cigarette lighter adapter. This will not effect warranty

In case wires have been spliced or cut for the dashcam then you will have warranty issues.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 09:50   #3299
BHPian

Hi friends,

My XUV 5OO (MT AWD) will be completing 6 years in a couple of months,
The other car in the garage is an AT CVT Jazz.
With offices opening up will need a capable replacement to the XUV.

Citroën a brand is almost non existent.

Tuscon facelift is taking longer than it takes wives to get ready for a party.

XUV 7OO wait is even longer.

The JC seems a good upgrade ( Model S 4X4 AT ).

My two comments / reservations :

1. Is the second row space too cramped.

2. Is the AT gearbox really that sluggish,

Any comments would be useful, as the JC still remains the No. 1 contender for an upgrade.

Thanks!
vinitbhavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 10:34   #3300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post

My two comments / reservations :

1. Is the second row space too cramped.

2. Is the AT gearbox really that sluggish,

Any comments would be useful

Thanks!
Just call up Jeep and take a test drive. No comment from any member will be able to replicate an actual experience of a test drive. I find the second row space adequate but you might not. I actually think the gearbox is pretty alright (not great) - many might think its not. So take a test drive and let us know your experience.
Pancham is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks