Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 18:25   #3241

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by timuseravan View Post
What is the tyre pressure you are using now?

I am finalizing the accessory list for my Model S
Can any of the owners comment on the official Jeep 7D mats? I have been using 3M mesh type mats for all my cars till now.
Congratulations on your date with Model S

Tyre pressure was showing 37 (!) Reduced to 30-32 which has made the ride comfortable.

Jeep 7D mats are available on Amazon and flipkart for around 4K, they will fit perfectly and you can even get Jeep to install it at the time of delivery. Mopar will charge you 8K.

On sun shades, I am using from OEM for 1200rs (pack of 4 sun-shades, all magnetic) - Mopar price was 5.5K.
Tripper_trooper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:21   #3242
BHPian

Hi all, Has anyone found any good AT or MT tyres with standard size 225/55/R18 . I have been searching for it but seems to be very rare.
Old 2nd February 2022, 16:30   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Hi all, Has anyone found any good AT or MT tyres with standard size 225/55/R18 . I have been searching for it but seems to be very rare.
Unfortunately there is no AT tyre available in the stock size. I have been searching for almost 2 years now.

The only option is to change wheels to either 17 or 16 inch and then get AT tyres in that size.

In 16 inch you can get 235/60 R16, 235/70 R16, 225/70 R16 and 215/70 R16 sizes.

Apart from 235/70 R16 rest of the three sizes are within 2.5% variance of original size and therefore would be compatible to the stock size.

The other option is to go for 17 inch wheels and look for AT sizes that will fit.

You can refer to
https://tiresize.com/comparison/

to find true sizes that will be within 3% variance of the original size.

It's a pain that Jeep sells a 4x4 SUV that is completely incapable of going off-road. What a joke really!
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:18   #3244
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Unfortunately there is no AT tyre available in the stock size. I have been searching for almost 2 years now.

The other option is to go for 17 inch wheels and look for AT sizes that will fit.

You can refer to

It's a pain that Jeep sells a 4x4 SUV that is completely incapable of going off-road. What a joke really!
In 17 inch you have recently launched Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60/R17
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-gyat.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2022, 21:51   #3245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
In 17 inch you have recently launched Goodyear Wrangler AT SilentTrac 225/60/R17
Although they have launched this, it doesn't justify the cost involved in getting new wheels in 17 inch first and then buying 4 new tyres. The issue is that it gives just. 4 inches of sidewall. 5.3 inches instead of 4.9 inches that the stock 18 inches provide.

A better option is what I mentioned earlier i.e. 225/70 R16 which gives 6.2 inches of sidewall.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:35   #3246
BHPian

Quote:

The only option is to change wheels to either 17 or 16 inch and then get AT tyres in that size.

In 16 inch you can get 235/60 R16, 235/70 R16, 225/70 R16 and 215/70 R16 sizes.

Apart from 235/70 R16 rest of the three sizes are within 2.5% variance of original size and therefore would be compatible to the stock size.

You can refer to

Thanks. Wondering what will be stock tyres for 2022 Trailhawk. Guessing it must be R18. If so, there could be availability this year.
I guess the earlier variant uses 225/60/R17 AT.

Last edited by enj0y_ride : 3rd February 2022 at 10:37. Reason: Corrected typo
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:40   #3247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I have always wondered how the stock Bridgestones (18 inchers) will fare in a snow drive and then did some research to realise that I have to invest in a set of alloys to go with new tires.

Can we make do with the stock tires and a pair of snow chains? I am talking about say a Spiti/Zanksar trip which is quite harsh on the car and the tires. Although, you might not need snow chains for Zanskar.

Sorry, I am a tire noob.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd February 2022 at 10:42.
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:45   #3248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Thanks. Wondering what will be stock tyres for 2022 Trailhawk. Guessing it must be R18. If so, there could be availability this year.
I guess the earlier variant uses 225/60/R17 AT.
AFAIK the 2022 Trailhawk also comes shod with 17 Inch tyres only.
Old 3rd February 2022, 10:50   #3249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have always wondered how the stock Bridgestones (18 inchers) will fare in a snow drive and then did some research to realise that I have to invest in a set of alloys to go with new tires.

Can we make do with the stock tires and a pair of snow chains? I am talking about say a Spiti/Zanksar trip which is quite harsh on the car and the tires. Although, you might not need snow chains for Zanskar.

Sorry, I am a tire noob.
There is very less clearance between the tyre and the front struts. Also since the rear tyre is not centered in the rear mudguard the clearance at the front of the mudguard is also very less.

Snow chains could possibly be used only on the front tyres provided you find a really sleek snow chain that wraps around the tyre with minimal protrusion.

IMHO, the 18 inch alloys are just not made for any sort of off-roading or trails, there is a high chance of damaging the tyres as well as the alloys. The sidewall is just 4.9 inches and that's no good for any sort of adventure.

Please see if you can downsize the wheels to 17 or 16 inch and then get high profile AT tyres. I have listed the options earlier in this thread.

Only thing you should be careful is about the overall tyre diameter, that should not exceed the stock size by more than 3%. You can downsize or upsize if you remain within this 3% limit.
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:39   #3250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please see if you can downsize the wheels to 17 or 16 inch and then get high profile AT tyres. I have listed the options earlier in this thread.

So, in theory I can get the alloys of the Longitude variant (I love the simple design) and get the tires from Arun's post.
Old 3rd February 2022, 11:44   #3251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
So, in theory I can get the alloys of the Longitude variant (I love the simple design) and get the tires from Arun's post.
Yes you can get 17 inch alloys and put the 225/60 R17 AT tyres.

However please note all this will result in just .4 inch of gain in the sidewall height. From 4.9 to 5.3 inches.

Whether all this expense is worth for just .4 inches of extra sidewall is a debatable point.
Old 3rd February 2022, 12:16   #3252
BHPian

Completed another 1300 Km trip from Pune to Indore & back and the diesel manual gave an average of 16.8 Km/L, the MID was showing 17.3 for the same.
Really happy with the decision to go ahead with this car & have no rattle issues as well. Since i completed 5K kilometers on the way to indore completed my first service inspection there & the total service cost for the same was about 2000 INR. The cost included wheel balancing and alignment, top up of add blue & fluids & i also bought an additional 5L can of adblue and wiper fluid from the service centre
AbhishekMushran is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 23:57   #3253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Completed another 1300 Km trip from Pune to Indore & back and the diesel manual gave an average of 16.8 Km/L, the MID was showing 17.3 for the same.
Really happy with the decision to go ahead with this car & have no rattle issues as well. Since i completed 5K kilometers on the way to indore completed my first service inspection there & the total service cost for the same was about 2000 INR. The cost included wheel balancing and alignment, top up of add blue & fluids & i also bought an additional 5L can of adblue and wiper fluid from the service centre
I've seen a lot of folks selling the wheels of their Compass Sport / Sport Plus models on Olx. Now those are 16 inch, and if they can be had for a bargain, then the cost / price to fix AT Tyres and go off to Ladakh & Spiti might end up being more attractive
Old 6th February 2022, 10:28   #3254
Senior - BHPian

So yesterday, I reunited with my Nov 2021 Jeep Compass Limited (D) AT after 44 days and I was a tad bit worried about the battery getting discharged. BUT, it started without much sweat. Just business as usual - it started and I was very very relieved. So battery issues observed by some initial owners are definitely sorted.

Why this 44 days vyanbas if you may ask? I had flown back home during Christmas for 10 days but due to the 3rd wave ended up extending my trip by another 34 days. The car was not that dirty as I had managed to cover the car (Read here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5236408 (Jeep Compass : Official Review) )

Thanks to technology and boo to those who think 'connected' car features are stupid. It actually saved my day and my car. Although I am very much against car covers - they are scratchy.

I could not wait to go for a drive. Looking for reasons, we ended up driving to Khoob Chand which was a 46KM round trip.

Forgot to click any pictures yesterday.

Last edited by Pancham : 6th February 2022 at 10:30.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 12:27   #3255
Team-BHP Support

Any long term Sport Petrol MT users here who can share their user experience - with respect to turbo lag, driveability, average fuel efficiency and maintenance?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks