Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2021, 21:03   #3121
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Did my PDI at the same yard week ago as well ( VIN ends in CM, so it’s Dec manufactured ). I took a printout of the PDI checklist to ensure not to miss key checks.

Hope you negotiated a good deal.
Congrats to you as well. Good that you got a fresh bake. Got the standard discounts, have PMed more details.

SA told me that they need 2-3 days to attend to my observations, planning to go day after to have a look

By the way, what's your model.
Old 27th December 2021, 00:03   #3122
BHPian

Just came back from a trip from Pune > Tarkarli > Mahabaleshwar > Pune. The trip was 950 Kms odd to and fro.
The car gave a decent mileage of 16.6 kmpl inspite of really bad roads on the way to Tarkarli. The car has done 4100 Kms in 2 months and half months and has been a pure bliss to drive. Thankfully no rattling issues inspite of going through really bad roads
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-7eddc85cad144bfaa7f2dd0c4277b920.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-2466e366f6bc4f3b847eba0ca2e8471b.jpeg  

AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 17:51   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
2.With headlamps on, noticed few marks inside the glass.
Many congratulations and wish you many happy miles. I also took delivery from MPS on 6th December. Have take the Same model and colour. Mine was October manufactured as well. They told me that there is only one red colour which was left after my booking. Guess it was a lie as they have delivered more cars since then.

The headlight issue was there during my PDI as well and which I highlighted they said it’s normal. They cleaned it during delivery though. Have not had any issue since then. Have driven approx. 1100 kms till now.

Had a query, have you applied for KA registration. While I made full payment. Have put the KA registration in hold with the hope to get the BH registration by 5th January. Don’t think it is going to start by then. Will go ahead with KA number if there is not clarity this week.
Old 27th December 2021, 18:36   #3124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysomani View Post
Had a query, have you applied for KA registration. While I made full payment. Have put the KA registration in hold with the hope to get the BH registration by 5th January. Don’t think it is going to start by then. Will go ahead with KA number if there is not clarity this week.
Congrats to you as well, ysomani. Im planning to take delivery on 30/31 Dec with TR, temporary registration and get the KA on 3rd Jan. SA told me that there would be price increase from Jan 1st and RTO will take new rates for tax, even though there is 28days window earlier the better.

I too was hoping for BH but as its currently available only for govt officials, had to drop.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 14:16   #3125
BHPian

Got the Jeep home , look forward to having a trouble free and long association just like my previous ride ( entire family felt very painful to part with it to be honest ). I drove super slow to the showroom to enjoy my last drive with it !

Took a drive last night alone to check for the infamous minor rattling issues, touch wood none so far.

Coming from a Honda petrol car, will take some time to get used to the noise this car makes 🙂

Happy New Year to all in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-d6ff2768c707448dab7ccb2a1e586411.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-13da4dd506e84aa7ae47c4ab4aa707df.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-0424af82e7c04562bec529f7db09e83a.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dba2170d135144c3b337ed0345f3a102.jpeg  

redballons is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 14:44   #3126
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Jeep home , look forward to having a trouble free and long association just like my previous ride ( entire family felt very painful to part with it to be honest ). I drove super slow to the showroom to enjoy my last drive with it !

Took a drive last night alone to check for the infamous minor rattling issues, touch wood none so far.

Coming from a Honda petrol car, will take some time to get used to the noise this car makes 🙂

Happy New Year to all in advance.
Congratulations and wishing you a hassle free ownership.
I also had changed from my Honda City to the the Jeep. Apart from the noise you wont see any other issue with the upgrade. It took me some time to get used to the visibility while parking but the 360 degree camera was a big plus for me atleast.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 15:01   #3127
HTC
BANNED

Here is the latest price list in namma Bengaluru. You dont need cut onions to get tears in your eyes. Just a glance of the pricelist is sufficient

Meanwhile, my neighbor was keen on jeep. 20 lac was his budget and base petrol was around 21+ lac when he enquired few months back. He thought of waiting till year end for discounts. Forget discounts, the same varient is 1.2 lac more now .

He is confused weather to go for Jeep or consider VW Taigun. I asked him to check out Harrier as well as both compass and Harrier are from D1 segment.

Let see which way he sways. Which will win heart or mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-20211228_143707.jpg  

Last edited by SDP : 28th December 2021 at 19:58. Reason: Typo
HTC is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 15:14   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
Here is the latest pricelsitbin namma Bengaluru. You dont need cut onions to get tears in your eyes. Just a glance of the pricelist is sufficient

Meanwhile, my neighbor was keen on jeep. 20 lac was his budget and base petrol was around 21+ lac when he enquired few months back. He thought of waiting till year end for discounts. Forget discounts, the same varient is 1.2 lac more now .

He is confused weather to go for Jeep or consider VW Taigun. I asked him to check out Harrier as well as both compass and Harrier are from D1 segment.

Let see which way he sways. Which will win heart or mind.
Your friend can easily reduce 30K from the insurance quote & the same will be matched by the showroom. Apart from that handling charges can be waived off & the extended warranty can be taken at a later date that itself shall knock off 70 K from the price quoted.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 21:06   #3129

New Jeep Compass Diesel MT Black Limited

Happy New Year All! Newbie Bhpian here to announce arrival of Black brute Jeep Compass Limited Diesel MT, thanks to this forum and ownership reviews / research for almost 6 months, I took the plunge to experience the Jeep life, wanted to add my 2 cents to this illustrious forum..

Background - Why/How?

It was back in 2020 October, when I sold my previous 5 year old Toyota Etios Liva Petrol to one of the Toyota service rep. Had driven it 60 km everyday without a single breakdown. Circumstances changed / location changed, there wasn't a need to own a car at all except for road trip weekends. So kept quiet for 1 year to live a minimal carbon footprint life.
Fast forward 2021 November, the deteriorated road conditions in Mumbai/explorer bug hit me. This time longed to own something which was ruthless, feature loaded, secure, so the short list was: Tata Harrier/Safari, Isuzu Dmax pickup, Jeep Compass, XUV700 (didnt want to tug along traffic in an Innova and had my reservations about investing in a CKD version of Tucson). Ignored Skoda sedans/VW in general as I didn't want higher service costs and lower seat position. That said I would have definitely considered Chevrolet Cruze if it was available..
1. Isuzu Dmax Pickup idea got dismissed by family as this wasn't America where we would be ferrying furniture while hauling a boat or a house?! I did like it though.
2. Tata Harrier/Safari: Really considered this until the last minute.
Harrier checked all my requirement boxes and budget. Its street presence, looks and drive quality was good. However I couldn't help ignoring the panel gaps, mediocre interior build quality, documented niggles and dealer apathy. It seemed like Tata didnt need me as their customer. Safari felt big and could notice considerable body roll so didnt go for it.
3. XUV700: Was marvelled by its features. It also felt refined/thoughtfully designed and with at least 6 seats whenever needed! However was it worth the wait of 3 to 6 months? I didnt know the answer..so ignored it.
4. Enter Jeep Compass: It was way beyond budget, it ranked a low 14 in it's host country list of 'compact' SUVs:
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/...s/compact-suvs
Test drove Petrol AT, the traffic prevented me from unleashing it's true power, as documented at lower rpms the automatic powertrain felt underpowered but the ride quality(NVH,suspension system)/ solid build / tasteful interiors / exterior looks captured my imagination. Further research, obsessively reading up Team Bhp and Youtube reviews on Jeep Compass / Harrier I ended up test driving the Diesel Manual which was enough to blow away any concerns of underpower in traffic..so Diesel MT Limited left me impressed while it was beyond budget..

Buying process and Initial impressions

Got to know that the prices were hiked in December only, so was waiting out for any offers, considered the Harrier all over again/also checked out a pre-owned Compass. However got a call from the dealership saying a Black Limited Diesel just got allocated to them and they were willing to shave off 'document support' charges, match insurance quote and offer a few accessories. They would also be able to deliver the car the same week.
After working out the finances booked the Jeep Compass immediately, did the PDI as per Team Bhp checklist - noted some gaps in the underbody cladding, sharp air deflector lip in the front, heard the creak when doors are fully stretched..after some deliberation okayed the vehicle.

Initial impressions

Got the delivery of vehicle within 4 days after PDI / full payment with the license plate. After a memorable key handover and puja it was time to take it for a spin!
First impressions: We are awestruck!
Sound system is better than most cars I drove in the US (Altima/Rogue/Camry), can hear the diesel engine make some sounds outside, however inside the cabin NVH cladding dampens it considerably. However it's not completely silent as in premium petrol cars. There is no vibration in the gear lever / steering and in general we have a much much quieter cabin as compared to the Liva I drove for 5 years. I can navigate all the neighbourhood speed breakers without changing gears, noticed that autos / cars are giving me the right of way at crossings, high seating position gives a secure feeling, the steering is effortless while taking u-turns and also very stable while negotiating expressway curves. Impressed with Suspension system too as it navigates potholes and speed breakers without a thud/jerk while letting me feel the road at all times. The first gear lets me navigate slow traffic at a good speed without changing gears, second gear gives explosive power to overtake most vehicles at a signal, higher gear shifts are smooth. Looking forward to activating and using the Jeep life app.
Its still initial days, as of now I intend to keep it for a long time, will be contributing my inputs in this forum as I discover something new. I m really thankful for the contributors in this forum, all the info was so detailed and relevant.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-gopr3542-copy.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 29th December 2021 at 05:03. Reason: Use of acronym
rebelsmashers is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 21:33   #3130
BHPian

Quote:
Got the Jeep home , look forward to having a trouble free and long association just like my previous ride.
Congrats, wish you many miles of happy Jeepin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelsmashers View Post
Happy New Year All! Newbie Bhpian here to announce arrival of Black brute Jeep Compass Limited Diesel MT...
Congrats on your new drive.

Looks like its raining new Compass.
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 22:54   #3131
BHPian

Anyone managed to install a dash cam in the 2021 Jeep Compass ? I want to install one but am not comfortable with this being hard wired
Old 30th December 2021, 12:15   #3132
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
Regarding the 80/120 beeps, haven't been able to find a way to disable them. Thankfully, the 80kmph beep sounds only once after crossing the limit unlike the 120 one which is continuous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Please also do let us know if you manage to disable the 80/120 beeps. I already know some pals who are hunting around for solutions for this.
For anyone looking at disabling the Compass beeps, I’ve posted details at the link below. Code6 at Mumbai has a solution involving disconnecting the relevant speaker.

< https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...ml#post5224282 (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts) >
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 12:20   #3133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Anyone managed to install a dash cam in the 2021 Jeep Compass ? I want to install one but am not comfortable with this being hard wired
I have installed the 70mai one and wired it from the cigarette lighter socket. The wire is hidden along the trims and finally reaches the lighter socket perfectly. The power adapter is plugged into the Lighter socket (I did not want to use the USB socket of the car as I need that for Android auto.) The wire length provided is 3m.

The whole installation took me 15min to do. Mine is the 70mai single camera 2Mp variant and costed around 5999 when I got it from Amazon. However mine is the 2017 Compass. Please check feasibility for your 2021 model before you buy it though.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20211230_121808.jpg

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th December 2021 at 12:22.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 12:29   #3134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I have installed the 70mai one and wired it from the cigarette lighter socket. The wire is hidden along the trims and finally reaches the lighter socket perfectly. The power adapter is plugged into the Lighter socket (I did not want to use the USB socket of the car as I need that for Android auto.) The wire length provided is 3m.

The whole installation took me 15min to do. Mine is the 70mai single camera 2Mp variant and costed around 5999 when I got it from Amazon. However mine is the 2017 Compass. Please check feasibility for your 2021 model before you buy it though.

Attachment 2251804
The issue is, the cigarette lighter in the new Compass is located in between the two front seats - right in front of the rear bench. So it is quite a travel from the front windshield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
I posted this earlier as well. I have been advised not to get the dash cam hard wired. Most accessory shops are not confident with the wiring of the Compass and the warning lights that WILL pop up once they install the camera. Hence, plugging it in cigarette lighter might be the only solution here.

Last edited by Pancham : 30th December 2021 at 12:37.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 12:35   #3135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The issue is, the cigarette lighter in the new Compass is located in between the two front seats - right in front of the rear bench. So it is quite a travel from the front windshield.
That would definitely be an issue then. Then another option is for your to get a USB Hub and connect to your USB socket. (I am assuming that there would be the USB socket in the usual place). These are pretty cheap and the Targus one costs around 500 Rs.
Name:  USB Hub.JPG
Views: 1189
Size:  29.9 KB
But don't know how it would affect the android auto connectivity though - But I guess it should work as the Dashcam would work only on Power charging mode and not data transfer mode while the phone when connected would work in Data transfer mode. However what would happen is that the USB port in Car is just 5V 2A (at least in our 2017 Compass) and the charging current to the dashcam and the connected phone would get split to 1A each (in case of the phone it would just not be enough to charge)

Last edited by Behemoth : 30th December 2021 at 12:40.
Behemoth is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks