Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2021, 22:49   #2986
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Deals? Lol. They barely were willing to negotiate anything except for "insurance discount" in October.
Agree with you that it doesn't make sense to buy in November/December at full rack rate. I am planning to book it in December and take Jan delivery or if they can deliver Jan manufactured model in Feb (I can wait until then also)..

Mind is still not quite settled due to so many users complaining about the noise/rattling issue.. but at the same time not able to zero down on any other good option as well!
youknowitbetter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 23:14   #2987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Agree with you that it doesn't make sense to buy in November/December at full rack rate. I am planning to book it in December and take Jan delivery or if they can deliver Jan manufactured model in Feb (I can wait until then also)..

Mind is still not quite settled due to so many users complaining about the noise/rattling issue.. but at the same time not able to zero down on any other good option as well!
There are at least 3/4 members I've seen that are stuck in the same situation.

I would have messaged you in private but appears you don't have sufficient privileges yet for messages

The issue with the Compass is the price really.
28Lakhs for the petrol automatic is not an easy decision especially because the 1.4 is not frugal and offers a very deadpan experience between the 2 choices of motors. Also attracts low resale value.

The Diesel engine is the real gem. The issue is them forcing the 4x4 on buyers. For the price of the Compass Diesel automatic, the Harrier offers a better combination. What it lacks are features and handing characteristics.. but again.. significant price premium on that with the Jeep.

Half a size down is the punchy 1.5 GT Plus on the Taigun with that lovely DSG. Even if you did save up for the rainy day on owning that DSG beyond 5yrs, you'd probably still have cash to spare in hand vs buying the Jeep

So yeah it's crazy deciding! Sometimes I wonder if I make sense to myself in justifying the decisions
Vandit is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 16:36   #2988
Senior - BHPian

I am a bit disappointed with my Kolkata dealership. I took delivery on Nov 5, and they still have not been able to:

(1) Give me the slush mats. Mind you, they have promptly taken the payment for the same. The carpet area is completely soiled for a brand new car and looks quite bad.

(2) Activate the Jeep Life app. They could not get the app working on the day of delivery and promised that someone will visit my residence to get it fixed. Its been 12 days and no one has visited.

Also, my SA told me that the RTOs have stopped issuing 'card-type' smart cards. Nowadays they only issue a print out (paper form). Is this true?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 08:11   #2989
BHPian

Need some suggestions folks.. I have a black model S compass. Somehow i feel it’s too black.

I have an option to replace the gunmetal color grill with another set of chrome grille.

Other option is to do some neat stickering for the grille (mix of red and black).

Buying a chrome grill is easy. Any suggestions on the stickering in Bangalore?
Old 18th November 2021, 08:18   #2990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelapratosh View Post
Need some suggestions folks.. I have a black model S compass. Somehow i feel it’s too black.

I have an option to replace the gunmetal color grill with another set of chrome grille.

Other option is to do some neat stickering for the grille (mix of red and black).

Man, I hate my chrome grill. I wish I could exchange mine with yours.

How are you sourcing it btw?
Old 18th November 2021, 08:30   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Man, I hate my chrome grill. I wish I could exchange mine with yours.

How are you sourcing it btw?
Well I hate the chromes too. However, black on black makes it too black for me. To source it, either use Amazon or cough up 4 times to mOPAR. Hence the need to try out the stickering route to see if it works. I have seen a black compass with red grill. Looked nice. Hence the trial.
Old 18th November 2021, 10:50   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions on the stickering in Bangalore?
Check with Krithi car care, HBR layout. I had enquired about blackening the grill, Jeep logo, alloys and the roof. They had said they could do all these and get the car to them for quote.

These were for a potential pre-owned Compass which did not materialize.
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 12:32   #2993
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Check with wrapstyle, they had dechromed my entire car with full body wrap, they have done a very good job.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 20:17   #2994
BHPian

Quote:
I am a bit disappointed with my Kolkata dealership. I took delivery on Nov 5, and they still have not been able to:

(1) Give me the slush mats. Mind you, they have promptly taken the payment for the same. The carpet area is completely soiled for a brand new car and looks quite bad.
May I know the amount you have paid for the slush mats?

Quote:
(2) Activate the Jeep Life app. They could not get the app working on the day of delivery and promised that someone will visit my residence to get it fixed. Its been 12 days and no one has visited.
My dealer promised that someone would visit my home for activating Jeep Life app. No one called or visited, so I activated it myself. For activating Jeep Life app this video may help you.
Abhisheksinh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2021, 21:33   #2995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post

My dealer promised that someone would visit my home for activating Jeep Life app. No one called or visited, so I activated it myself. For activating Jeep Life app this video may help you.
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=uOgrgh_TS10
Haha. This was so easy. I just got the app activated myself.

I think I paid around INR 8K for the floor mats. I don’t have the individual breakup but the boot mats, mud flaps and the floor mats altogether costed me INR 16K.
Old 18th November 2021, 22:15   #2996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also, my SA told me that the RTOs have stopped issuing 'card-type' smart cards. Nowadays they only issue a print out (paper form). Is this true?
Maybe it is related to the below news,
https://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...le37294844.ece
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 06:48   #2997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=uOgrgh_TS10
Speaking of this:, can anyone throw some light on these :
- how does it connect ? Does the system have a SIM card.
- is it free for lifetime ? ( If there is internet connection involved )
- what data will be transmitted. Do we get to choose what goes ro FCA ( and from there who knows where )
- As I understand, whether we install the app or not, the data still goes to FCA?
Old 20th November 2021, 09:23   #2998
Senior - BHPian

In the 15 days of ownership I have quite a few observations but 2 things that are bothering me are:

1. Every time I start the car I have manually switch on the screen of the infotainment system. Otherwise it remains blank/black. Is this normal? Am I missing anything? Usually, in all other cars the screen switches on automatically no?

2. Electronic parking brake seems a bit temperamental. Apparently, it’s supposed to disengage automatically when I slot it in to D with my seat belt on, right? Well that doesn’t happen 5 out of 10 times. Again, am I missing something here ?

Last edited by Pancham : 20th November 2021 at 09:24.
Old 20th November 2021, 15:36   #2999
Senior - BHPian

Does the UConnect system ask for any PIN or Unlock code after replacing the battery. Folks who have got their battery replaced from outside would probably know.

I am asking since I plan to disconnect the battery for getting it charged and I am wondering if the UConnect system will work after the battery is connected back or will I need to enter the PIN.

In my VW Polo, once you remove the battery and reconnect it the Headunit asks for a 4 digit PIN to get unlocked. I was wondering if similar system is present in the Jeep as well.
Old 20th November 2021, 15:38   #3000
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In the 15 days of ownership I have quite a few observations but 2 things that are bothering me are:

1. Every time I start the car I have manually switch on the screen of the infotainment system. Otherwise it remains blank/black. Is this normal? Am I missing anything? Usually, in all other cars the screen switches on automatically no?

2. Electronic parking brake seems a bit temperamental. Apparently, it’s supposed to disengage automatically when I slot it in to D with my seat belt on, right? Well that doesn’t happen 5 out of 10 times. Again, am I missing something here ?

The EPB disengages only after you start accelerating or tap the accelerator slightly.

The seat belt has to be fastened and you should be in D mode.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks