Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 11:45   #2866

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Arnab. Could you please tell me how much you paid for the registration charges in Kolkata. They are charging me around 1.63L which is around 17k more than the actual registration amount. The rest they are saying are misc. expenses. Apparently they have taken out the incidental/handling charges from this.
Sorry for the late response, I am stuck up in some urgent issues.

I have paid the below charges for registration (I've paid for lifetime so the amount is higher) I intend to keep the car for more than 5yrs, so paying for lifetime come out cheaper.

Not sure why they have charged the services charges twice, and I didn't argue on that point on the day of delivery.

For the handling charges, they initially quoted 20k, but later reduced it to 10k.

Name:  Compass Registration.png
Views: 779
Size:  6.6 KB
Old 18th October 2021, 11:59   #2867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_bsp View Post
Sorry for the late response, I am stuck up in some urgent issues.

I have paid the below charges for registration (I've paid for lifetime so the amount is higher) I intend to keep the car for more than 5yrs, so paying for lifetime come out cheaper.

Not sure why they have charged the services charges twice, and I didn't argue on that point on the day of delivery.

For the handling charges, they initially quoted 20k, but later reduced it to 10k.

Attachment 2220543
Thanks Arnab. Just to be clear, you paid INR 271,245 (RTO) + 10,000 (Handling charges) = INR 281,245. Right?

And yours is a 4X4 AT too right?
Old 18th October 2021, 12:07   #2868

Quote:
Thanks Arnab. Just to be clear, you paid INR 271,245 (RTO) + 10,000 (Handling charges) = INR 281,245. Right?

And yours is a 4X4 AT too right?
Yes, its Limited (O)2.0L DIESEL 4*4 AT- BSVI.

Below is what I paid.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-compass-details.png
arnab_bsp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 12:51   #2869
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_bsp View Post
Yes, its Limited (O)2.0L DIESEL 4*4 AT- BSVI.

Below is what I paid.

Attachment 2220546
One more follow up question: Does your insurance include (1) Return to Invoice, (2) Tire protect and (3) Engine protect? And did you get this in-house or from outside?

Sorry for so many questions - I have my PDI this week and have very less time to finalize the quote.
Old 18th October 2021, 13:13   #2870

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
How was the music system in Limied model ? Congratulations once again !
The music system was decent and good, but may not be awesome. I haven't experienced any of the other branded ones apart from the Harriers 9 speaker one. I felt it was decent and does the job, had decent bass and depth to it. Unless you are an audiophile, I think the 6 speakers in limited should make you happy.
chackodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:10   #2871
BHPian

Hi fellow Jeepers!

I have recently purchased a pre-owned Limited Plus 4*4 AT variant. I'll be posting a detailed ownership experience soon.
I had recently taken the vehicle to the workshop where it showed updates as follows:

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20211006130217__01__01.jpg

The most noticeable difference post the updates being that gearbox is more responsive now as compared to before. The kick-down is faster, especially once you get the hang of the sweet spot of the pedal.

I'm not quite sure what the other updates were specifically for, neither was the SA much knowledgeable about them.
deltasierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 22:44   #2872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
I have recently purchased a pre-owned Limited Plus 4*4 AT variant.
Congrats on your purchase!

If you don't mind me asking, could you share further details on your Compass like, year of manufacturing, # of kms run and the price? I'm also in search of a pre-owned one and just trying to get an idea.
neelkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:34   #2873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post
Hi fellow Jeepers!

I have recently purchased a pre-owned Limited Plus 4*4 AT variant. I'll be posting a detailed ownership experience soon.
Congrats on your drive. Look forward to your driving experience as I think pre facelift 4x4 automatic is a unicorn. Would be great to see the pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelkumar View Post
I'm also in search of a pre-owned one and just trying to get an idea.
Looks like there's a bunch of pre owned Compass hunters in Bangalore.
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 10:51   #2874
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, on this, has anyone got their entire handling charges waived off at any Jeep dealership? Is there a way I can write to Jeep or something. I am facing 2 issues with the quote they have given me:

1. Handling charges of around 14K
Not that Bangalore quote will help your case, but to add data point that there are dealerships that are NOT charging any handling charge: KHT Prime in Bangalore did not even quote me any handling charge. Just Ex-Showroom price, TCS and temporary registration charges (nominal).

They asked for insurance quote that I got from policy bazaar and under pretext of matching the quote, provided an in-house quote that was INR 2K more than that of policy bazaar.

My quote from policy bazaar was INR 55K incl 18% GST for Petrol Model S, IDV set at INR 25,65,000 with Zero dep, Engine protect, Consumables, Return To invoice.
rav1up is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:41   #2875
BHPian

Quote:
I'm also in search of a pre-owned one and just trying to get an idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
There sure is!

Considering the new car prices have been increasing almost every quarter and waiting times going well into a quarter as well, pre-worshipped cars kinda make sense now. Especially for the Jeep Compass.

However, hardly any good one out there that I could find in Bangalore!
krishnakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 11:56   #2876
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
Especially for the Jeep Compass.

Exactly! I was expecting a price correction from Jeep, but that never happened. And I'm kinda seeing more complaints/niggles in the new model than the old one. And I'm not finding any comparable new car in the 20l price bracket ( Astor is good, but has a weak engine). So, a pre-owned Compass is the way right now.
Old 19th October 2021, 14:46   #2877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post

Demand is more than supply, just like new cars.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:05   #2878
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase!

If you don't mind me asking, could you share further details on your Compass like, year of manufacturing, # of kms run and the price? I'm also in search of a pre-owned one and just trying to get an idea.
Thanks!
The vehicle is Nov 2019 manufactured, registered in Jan 2020. I purchased it at 15k odd kms. The asking price was 26.5L, which I finally negotiated down to 24L.

Quote:
Congrats on your drive. Look forward to your driving experience as I think pre facelift 4x4 automatic is a unicorn. Would be great to see the pics.
Thanks!
Yes, even during my search there weren't any 4x4 AT out of 20+ vehicles available for sale nearby me, one of the reasons I closed the deal at the earliest. I'll soon share my initial impressions and pics.
deltasierra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 22:06   #2879
Senior - BHPian

So I booked a 4x4 Limited O on Oct 5 and I was informed that the car is in stock and is available for immediate delivery. But it’s been 2 weeks now and my SA has completely ghosted me. I have been following up with him asking for the VIN and a PDI visit, but he doesn’t seem to respond to any of my messages.

After cancelling my Thar booking I was expecting slightly better treatment. But I am getting déjà vu all over again.
Old 20th October 2021, 09:06   #2880

Quote:
One more follow up question: Does your insurance include (1) Return to Invoice, (2) Tire protect and (3) Engine protect? And did you get this in-house or from outside?
No issues...this is the policy detail

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screenshot_20211020085902.jpg

Quote:
So I booked a 4x4 Limited O on Oct 5 and I was informed that the car is in stock and is available for immediate delivery. But it’s been 2 weeks now and my SA has completely ghosted me. I have been following up with him asking for the VIN and a PDI visit, but he doesn’t seem to respond to any of my messages.

After cancelling my Thar booking I was expecting slightly better treatment. But I am getting déjà vu all over again.
I had paid the booking amount only after I had seen the car in the stock. They have some of their cars in the multi teir parking within the compound behind the showroom.

Not sure who is your SA, but I was talking to Paramita and she was very helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks