Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2021, 10:28   #2896
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltasierra View Post

Hello Jeepers!

I have recently purchased a pre-owned Jeep Compass 4x4 Limited Plus

With the increasingly deteriorating conditions of road in Maharashtra and other cars owned being sedans, a need for an SUV was felt.
[*]Passive Entry – I love the feature, something that’s amiss in my 330i GT.
[*]Service – I have heard many issues with the Service Centre in Pune and most of the owners in my Jeep group are unhappy with them. The alternative is to take my Compass to Satara for annual servicing.
Fantastic early ownership report and interesting to see another GT owner take to a Jeep. I am really keen on a Jeep for similar reasons of bad roads in Maharashtra and just having a vehicle that can handle the rough and tumble with a little more peace of mind. The only difference is I would like my car to eventually replace the GT so I am considering the bigger Commander / Meridian variation of the Compass.

It’s nice to know that the car is built to a premium enough standard that on many fronts it can hold its own even when sharing garage space with the GT.

A bit disappointed to hear of the service issues in Pune. Will investigate what the Mumbai dealers are like on the service front before I take a final decision.

How do you deal with the DPF issues. Do you simply keep a can full time in your car? So if its ever required you have some handy already?

Please also do let us know if you manage to disable the 80/120 beeps. I already know some pals who are hunting around for solutions for this.
Old 25th October 2021, 12:52   #2897
BHPian

Dear All,

Has anyone installed a dash cam in the new Jeep Compass 2021 ? In the older model the lighter outlet was next to the USB port, now in the newer models it has moved to the backseat. Anyway to install this without hard wiring ?

Regards,
Abhishek
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 14:52   #2898
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhyab View Post
Can someone clarify city mileage for Petrol AT since thats my 95% usecase.
There are many posts in the Jeep compass petrol AT thread answering this. You can start here (Jeep Compass Petrol AT : Official Review) for recent data. You can search that thread to look for more data in previous posts.
Old 26th October 2021, 18:31   #2899
Senior - BHPian

Went for my PDI today. It’s an August 2021 4x4 Limited Option. The car looked and felt alright except that the seats were a bit dirty. The SA said it will all be cleaned and polished before delivery. Is this normal? The ODO was at 25kms.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-6c976407765a4df2b57f428085097397.jpeg  

Pancham is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:00   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Went for my PDI today. It’s an August 2021 4x4 Limited Option. The car looked and felt alright except that the seats were a bit dirty. The SA said it will all be cleaned and polished before delivery. Is this normal? The ODO was at 25kms.
Should not be an issue as long as all the other things are fine. We’re the seats not covered with plastic? When I received mine they had not removed that as well.
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 19:59   #2901

Finally !!!! My Black Beast is scheduled to be delivered on 29th Oct.

Can't wait more.
Arvind_Alloli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 20:29   #2902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Should not be an issue as long as all the other things are fine. We’re the seats not covered with plastic? When I received mine they had not removed that as well.
Yes the seats were covered with plastic. Only that the driver seat area was partially removed. A few more pictures from today.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-26fea7f01f294a5da5a69aa4234b213f.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-bab8cecb59f844ad9298a26e1b38a8d1.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-59012b91b65c4764a64cffc98abbc7cb.jpeg  

Pancham is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 20:53   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Yes the seats were covered with plastic. Only that the driver seat area was partially removed. A few more pictures from today.
Then don’t think there should be an issue. From the photos also it looks neat. Congratulations on your new Jeep . Wishing you happy motoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_Alloli View Post
Finally !!!! My Black Beast is scheduled to be delivered on 29th Oct.

Can't wait more.
Congratulations Arvind. Wishing you all the best for your new ride

Regards,
Abhishek
AbhishekMushran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 21:45   #2904
BHPian

Left snap is that of pre facelift Trailhawk and right one is facelift non Trailhawk. Whats missing is Rock mode in facelift but added are 4wd Low and HDC. Going by the snaps from user manual, does the facelift 4x4 has the same capability of pre facelift Trailhawk discounting the increased ground clearance and better approach angles on Trailhawk.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-4wd.png  

bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 07:35   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Guys, final call. How much did you really pay for the zero-dep insurance for the 4X4 AT variant? My dealer has matched the 80K quote of Tata AIG. This includes tire protect, engine protect and Return to Invoice.

I will be finalizing the quote today.
Old 27th October 2021, 10:42   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Left snap is that of pre facelift Trailhawk and right one is facelift non Trailhawk. Whats missing is Rock mode in facelift but added are 4WD Low and HDC.
4WD Low and Hill Decent Control ( HDC ) were both present in pre-facelift trailhawk. If you notice, these buttons were present on the Rotary knob.

Quote:
Going by the snaps from user manual, does the facelift 4x4 has the same capability of pre facelift Trailhawk discounting the increased ground clearance and better approach angles on Trailhawk.
I believe yes. The only difference would be the increased ground clearance, better approach angles on Trailhawk ( as you've rightly mentioned ) and the stock tyres.
Old 27th October 2021, 12:57   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Guys, does Jeep have any tie up with ICICI Lombard insurance. They are saying if I get ICICI I will get cashless claims in any Jeep Service centre in India. But if I opt for Tata Aig, I will get cashless in Kolkata but they cannot guarantee if I will get the same in Delhi NCR (where I will mostly likely be in the next few years).

Is this true?

Last edited by Pancham : 27th October 2021 at 13:10.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:00   #2908
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, does Jeep have any tie up with ICICI Lombard insurance. They are saying if I get ICICI I will get cashless claims in any Jeep Service centre in India.
Can't help you out much, as I'm not a Jeep owner.

But my society has a Jeep Wrangler and he's a non-car guy. So, I'm pretty sure, he must've taken everything (dealer insurance) whatever the Jeep salesguy had offered him (read, insurance provider).

His insurance is of Future Generali.

And for your query, of Jeep tie-up with ICICI, no! It's on the discretion of dealer. Dealer must've tied up with ICICI provider. (This is the case with my Hyundai and Kia dealers)
Hope it helps you in some way.

-NA
na_agrawal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:48   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Guys, does Jeep have any tie up with ICICI Lombard insurance. They are saying if I get ICICI I will get cashless claims in any Jeep Service centre in India. But if I opt for Tata Aig, I will get cashless in Kolkata but they cannot guarantee if I will get the same in Delhi NCR (where I will mostly likely be in the next few years).

Is this true?
Why don't you go to policy bazaar and check which all insurance companies have a cashless tie up for Jeep ? I had gone to their website & check for Pune which all insurance companies had a cashless tie up & then finalized on Tata AIG. You can select the location as Delhi, select as a new car & check which all insurance companies are giving you that option.
Old 27th October 2021, 16:36   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Why don't you go to policy bazaar and check which all insurance companies have a cashless tie up for Jeep ? I had gone to their website & check for Pune which all insurance companies had a cashless tie up & then finalized on Tata AIG. You can select the location as Delhi, select as a new car & check which all insurance companies are giving you that option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by na_agrawal View Post
Can't help you out much, as I'm not a Jeep owner.

But my society has a Jeep Wrangler and he's a non-car guy. So, I'm pretty sure, he must've taken everything (dealer insurance) whatever the Jeep salesguy had offered him (read, insurance provider).

His insurance is of Future Generali.

And for your query, of Jeep tie-up with ICICI, no! It's on the discretion of dealer. Dealer must've tied up with ICICI provider. (This is the case with my Hyundai and Kia dealers)
Hope it helps you in some way.

-NA
An update on this. I had almost gone ahead with ICICI but decided to check with the Delhi Landmark showroom once. They said they dont have cashless facility (yet) with ICICI but they have had a good experience with Tata AIG. So decided to go ahead with Tata. The quotes were more or less similar and I have always had a Tata policy for all my cars.
Pancham is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks