Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 11:59   #2806
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Can someone share the contact of a good SA in the Jeep Landmark showroom in New Delhi/Gurgaon? Someone who has had a good experience?
You can also try Amit Taneja ( 09991532445 ) from Landmark Jeep in Gurugram. I had a good experience with him when I visited Jeep few weeks back.
He was informative and cleared most queries well. He also didn't push me to buy Jeep and allowed me take my own time.
Although, he did kept trying to sell the "premium" part of Jeep. Repeated many times that people who are looking for Jeep are looking for the Premium and Luxury vehicle segment.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 17:25   #2807

Quote:
Went in to book the Petrol AT today. The showroom staff were nice enough to give me a really long test drive. Done with it went inside the showroom to talk about the booking. By mistake, I had also scheduled a diesel AT short TD just to compare what I am losing out on. Damn. Our mods were right. I think they have done something to this BS6 2021 diesel auto. The car felt so much better. It was so much more responsive.

Back to square one. The SA was in no hurry to take my booking. He said, “Sir, please take your time to decide.” I was literally shocked. So ended up not booking.

By the way, no offers at all. Like it’s an absolute no no. Nothing nada. Only insurance discount which is not a real discount anyway.

Tough one to cough out 30 big ones but I think it will be money well spent.
I was in the same situation for almost a year...but have finally booked the Diesel AT Limited. I have a dodgy left knee, so AT is a must for me.

30L is a lot, but this will probably be the last car I'll drive myself, so why not - heart over head

As you mentioned, the only 'discount' is the insurance, which I said I'll buy from outside and so the dealer matched the quote. I also bargained on the handling charges which they reduced from 20k to 10k.

Taking the delivery on 7th Oct!!
arnab_bsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 18:00   #2808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
@quoter - Just wanted to check how brutal is the fuel efficiency of Petrol AT? Really doubt fuel efficiency alone can justify switch to 4x4 diesel AT..
After driving the Jeep Compass Petrol AT since Aug2020, the FE is not as scary as I had thought it would be. i'm getting FE as below :

Mumbai City Driving : 8-10 kmpl
Outstation Trips: 12-14 kmpl
Mum-Pune Expressway Drives: 15-17 kmpl.

I'm quite satisfied with these numbers considering the weight of the car. And the planted feel on the highways is great.

Cheers
Amkam.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th October 2021 at 13:13. Reason: JC = Jeep Compass, no acronyms / short forms for make or model. Thanks.
AMKAM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 19:16   #2809
BHPian

Hello folks,

Thanks to this forum and the many lovely ownership experiences shared, I took the plunge on the Jeep Compass. Took delivery of the Compass 2.0 Diesel MT Longitude (O) variant in Galaxy Blue color last weekend. I am upgrading from a 2014 Hyundai Verna 1.6 VTVT Petrol and the Jeep really does make me feel like I am driving a luxury car.

I have only driven 110-120 kms in this beast thus far (all city) and I am hoping to take it for a highway spin soon. Sharing a couple of photos, will share more about the process and detailed experience in the coming days.

At the showroom
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc-delivery-1.jpg

Ready for puja
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc-delivery-2.jpg
shekar.ca is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 19:33   #2810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMKAM View Post
After driving the Jeep Compass Petrol AT since Aug2020, the FE is not as scary as I had thought it would be. i'm getting FE as below :

Mumbai City Driving : 8-10 kmpl
Outstation Trips: 12-14 kmpl
Mum-Pune Expressway Drives: 15-17 kmpl.
The numbers are satisfactory however, how did you check them? By full tank method or from MID?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_Alloli View Post
Hello All,

I joined Team-BHP and this is my first write-up. Wanted to share the good news that, I have booked Sport 1.4 Petrol DDCT on 25th Sep and hoping to get delivery by Festival Day

I am following Team-BHP from quite a long time and read all reviews, updates on this forum.
Lucky that you are doing PDI, my dealer initially tried denying it and was very nervous when I told him that I would be doing a PDI.

Under the sunlight, check if there are any dents or repaint or bodywork done on the car. Check for panel gaps, do oil check and battery inspection.

There is a ‘PDI’ checklist pdf somewhere on the forum. Pre Registration Checklist [v2.3]. Please have a look.

I am not sure if v2.3 is the latest updated version or not.

Last edited by Sheel : 6th October 2021 at 13:15. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Abhisheksinh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 20:36   #2811
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_bsp View Post
I was in the same situation for almost a year...but have finally booked the Diesel AT Limited. I have a dodgy left knee, so AT is a must for me.

30L is a lot, but this will probably be the last car I'll drive myself, so why not - heart over head

As you mentioned, the only 'discount' is the insurance, which I said I'll buy from outside and so the dealer matched the quote. I also bargained on the handling charges which they reduced from 20k to 10k.

Taking the delivery on 7th Oct!!
Wow, congratulations. I booked just now at the Kolkata dealership. Diesel AT 4x4. Few questions:

1. How much are you paying for the insurance?

2. What colour did you book?

3. Which manufacturing month did you get ?
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:15   #2812

Quote:
Wow, congratulations. I booked just now at the Kolkata dealership. Diesel AT 4x4. Few questions:

1. How much are you paying for the insurance?

2. What colour did you book?

3. Which manufacturing month did you get ?
Thanks & Congratulations!!

When are you getting yours? Have they increased the price from 1st Oct?

1. Around 74k with all the add-ons except return to invoice. The dealership is doing it from Tata AIG.
2. Red and Black.
3. June 2021...I needed the delivery quickly, so was fine with the ready stock.

Planning for a long trip starting this Saturday; hopefully will be an enjoyable one.
arnab_bsp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 22:55   #2813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
Lucky that you are doing PDI, my dealer initially tried denying it and was very nervous when I told him that I would be doing a PDI.

Under the sunlight, check if there are any dents or repaint or bodywork done on the car. Check for panel gaps, do oil check and battery inspection.

There is a ‘PDI’ checklist pdf somewhere on the forum. Pre Registration Checklist [v2.3]. Please have a look.

I am not sure if v2.3 is the latest updated version or not.
Thanks for the advice. Will do thorough PDI prior to paying the full amount.

I did download long back one checklist. However, let me check it again which version it is.
Old 5th October 2021, 23:26   #2814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_bsp View Post
Thanks & Congratulations!!

When are you getting yours? Have they increased the price from 1st Oct?

1. Around 74k with all the add-ons except return to invoice. The dealership is doing it from Tata AIG.
2. Red and Black.
3. June 2021...I needed the delivery quickly, so was fine with the ready stock.

Planning for a long trip starting this Saturday; hopefully will be an enjoyable one.
Ok then I saw your car today at the dealership. Red 4x4. Looked amazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-2c55c3ac0d0a4eddb2e10d4cab4ca8fa.jpeg  

Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 12:02   #2815
Senior - BHPian

Recent Compass buyers - how much did you guys pay for the OEM mats (floor and boot) and mud flaps? The dealership is quoting around INR 13K for the same.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:14   #2816
BHPian

Quote:
Recent Compass buyers - how much did you guys pay for the OEM mats (floor and boot) and mud flaps? The dealership is quoting around INR 13K for the same.
That sounds to be on the higher side. I was quoted 7900 for the mats and 2800 for the mudflaps when I got my model S 3 weeks back.
Manas5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:06   #2817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind_Alloli View Post
Request your suggestion on critical points to be reviewed as part of PDI.

Any other suggestion, advise, updates which helps me every steps, till I get delivery.
I've been searching for the PDI checklist in this thread. But couldn't find it.
Finally found the PDI checklist in a different thread. You can download from the below post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akash_v12 View Post
Prod. Month - February
Prod. Year - 2021

You've to ask the SA for a PDI at the stockyard. If they resist, please tell them that you will not take delivery until PDI is done.

Attached is the PDI checklist and your car's buildsheet.
rAijin_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 13:43   #2818
BHPian

Quote:
I paid ₹ 7,763 for the Floor mats Slush and ₹ 2,800 for the mud flaps. I didn't get the boot mat, which was an additional ₹ 5,300. If all these three are included in the ₹ 13k, then think the dealer is already offering you a discount.
shekar.ca is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 18:51   #2819

Planning to get the delivery on 8th October. Really excited about it !!
Didn't get a chance to do PDI due to some other personal engagement and I was in a hurry. So little bit tensed as well
KinshukM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 22:44   #2820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got mine free (not the boot mat though)
himanshugoswami is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks