Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 12:33   #2731
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

The Jeep Compass is placed very interestingly. Most here feel it is overpriced and I too felt so but it still sells around 1k units every month. It is human tendency to compare with the cheaper alternatives but I am quite convinced that it trounces them in most if not all critical aspects.
In fact, in my opinion, it merits a comparison with a segment above and probably entry level luxury SUV segment.
Old 9th September 2021, 12:43   #2732
Senior - BHPian

I'm spotting several Jeep Compass cars with water in the rear light assembly. Is this an issue to be worried about, and can anybody throw some light? (I did take a pic of a moving car, but the sloshing water isn't clear)
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5559.jpg  

Old 9th September 2021, 22:28   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I'm spotting several Jeep Compass cars with water in the rear light assembly. Is this an issue to be worried about, and can anybody throw some light? (I did take a pic of a moving car, but the sloshing water isn't clear)
My new car was parked in the rain for a few days and i could see moisture in the tail light. I don't see it with regular usage but that was one instance when it was parked in heavy Mumbai rain for 2 days.
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 12:44   #2734
BHPian

Hi, I am thinking of getting a screen guard for the ICE of my Compass. The ICE is a finger print magnet. Would a screen guard help in reducing finger prints without compromising on the touch interface. My experience with screen guard for phones is not that good. Somehow I feel the surface quality / responsiveness is better without the screen guard.
Old 11th September 2021, 20:03   #2735
Senior - BHPian

Hi, my brand new (<500 kms done) Compass Model S 4x4 AT is making a really irritating rattling noise that's coming from the left door pad/base of left A pillar. its more pronounced on concrete road (I drove for 200 kms on a concrete highway). everything is screwed in pretty solidly and nothing seems loose, so can't figure out what is the issue. the only thing that comes to mind is the speaker.

Anyone else facing this? a 31 lakh rupee car and such an issue!!
Old 12th September 2021, 01:35   #2736

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypermiler View Post
Hi, I am thinking of getting a screen guard for the ICE of my Compass. The ICE is a finger print magnet. Would a screen guard help in reducing finger prints without compromising on the touch interface. My experience with screen guard for phones is not that good. Somehow I feel the surface quality / responsiveness is better without the screen guard.
I got one from Amazon. It's good, solved the problem of fingerprints.
Old 12th September 2021, 17:23   #2737
BHPian

For Facelifted Compass who have been facing issues with Android Auto connectivity, no sound in outgoing calls, there is an update which need to be done at the SC. Most SC are unaware of the same as it has not yet been officially shared with the dealers. Existing Uconnect build is 13.02 whereas the update is 51.00 which solves most problems. Also I think Auto AC is performing better post the update.

There is new issue I'm facing post my visit to the SC yesterday which I've noticed today only. The DRL's do not light up on the car. It's only when the headlights are turned on, they switch on. Till yesterday it used to be always on. Have to revisit the workshop to get this rectified.
Old 14th September 2021, 16:50   #2738
RDG

I completed a 800 kms round trip on my new 1.4 DDCT compass. Prior to this highway trip the car was driven in city for about 100 kms. Few observations:

- I felt all the info regarding the DDCT engine on TBHP doesn't do justice to the performance of this engine. Offcourse if you compare it with 2.0 diesel one can always point out the differences. However, if just look it from petrol perspective the engine is self sufficient.

- Got a healthy FE of 14.2 kmpl at the end of the drive. Mix of city and highway. First 30 kms was in Gurugram peak traffic in bumper to bumper traffic and red lights. Around 20 kms was navigating through the narrow lanes of my destination town. Upper speed limit hit 115 kmph. Majority of the highway drive was at around 100 kmph.

- The car was superb to drive on highways and took the curves with ease without lowering the speed. Just loved the handling of the curves.

- ICE performance was spot on. The call incoming/outgoing/music was clear and speakers were adequate.

- Did not find any issues during overtaking it was a breeze. And sometimes when I pressed the pedal hard, the car was pretty quick to pick up and left everything behind in a second or 2.

- I upgraded from 1.2 NA engine, was quick to adapt to DDCT.

The only flips that I felt:

- Last 200 kms was in the night. Felt the headlights are not adequate, it was raining as well. Was not able to cruise at 100 in the night. Driving at 80/90 was ok.

- After the brakes, the car takes time to pick up, the cars coming behind gets anxious in those scenarios. So I let them pass and then in matter of few seconds overtake them again. This is one area where NA was much quicker and trying to adapt to throttle input to DDCT.

Overall quite happy with the car. Did not feel tired at all at the end of continuous 6 hours journey, which was never the case in the past with my i10.
RDG is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:21   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavsh View Post
Test drove the Model S of the Jeep Compass a couple of days ago (Petrol - AT and Diesel 4x4 - AT).

I come from driving a Volkswagen Polo GT TSI- so the Diesel felt super unresponsive.
The petrol however was much better and I quite enjoyed driving it.
I think you are one of those very few people who liked Petrol AT over Diesel 4x4 AT. In fact, I don't think I've heard anyone else saying Compass Petrol is better than Diesel.
And thanks for sharing it since I'm also more tilted towards Petrol DDCT but still confused due to reviews and experiences that say Diesel is more enjoyed as compared to Petrol.
Old 14th September 2021, 19:28   #2740

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
I think you are one of those very few people who liked Petrol AT over Diesel 4x4 AT. In fact, I don't think I've heard anyone else saying Compass Petrol is better than Diesel.
And thanks for sharing it since I'm also more tilted towards Petrol DDCT but still confused due to reviews and experiences that say Diesel is more enjoyed as compared to Petrol.
I would pick the Diesel MT over the Petrol MT, but considering there's barely any drive modes in the auto, and the acceleration on the diesel is just really weird in the lower RPMs of the Diesel AT, I would definitely pick the Petrol AT over it.
pranavsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:50   #2741
BHPian

Folks,

Got a WhatsApp message from Pride Jeep guys today claiming that they are offering the discounts of around 75k on ex-showroom price of Longitude version whereas no discounts on Limited version as far as I heard.

XUV700 effect?
Old 17th September 2021, 08:22   #2742
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Folks,

Got a WhatsApp message from Pride Jeep guys today claiming that they are offering the discounts of around 75k on ex-showroom price of Longitude version whereas no discounts on Limited version as far as I heard.

XUV700 effect?
This offer on longitude variant has been there for a couple of months, prior to XUV7OO launch too. I guess it is one of the slower moving variants & was probably priced too high compared to what it offers to sport variant. Nonetheless a good time to get it if you’re ok with just 2 airbags & no sunroof.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 22:02   #2743
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
This offer on longitude variant has been there for a couple of months, prior to XUV7OO launch too. I guess it is one of the slower moving variants & was probably priced too high compared to what it offers to sport variant. Nonetheless a good time to get it if you’re ok with just 2 airbags & no sunroof.
Yes the discounts on longitude and sports variants are ongoing since last two months. However it looks like there will be a price hike across all variants effective from October 1st.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 11:16   #2744

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes the discounts on longitude and sports variants are ongoing since last two months. However it looks like there will be a price hike across all variants effective from October 1st.
Thats weird. I did not receive any discount on my Sports purchase. They did offer 90k discount on Longitude which I did not opt for. Maybe the discount varies from dealer to dealer or perhaps city to city.
Old 19th September 2021, 07:46   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Jeep Dealer in Chennai is offering corporate discounts only on Longitude variant - ₹ 75,000 on 1.4 Petrol DDCT and ₹ 95,000 on 2.0 Diesel MT. Other variants only have insurance discounts. Between this and some bargaining, managed to get ₹ 155,000 down on the Longitude 2.0 Diesel MT. Also got offered a decent exchange price on my Hyundai Verna (2014) 1.6 VTVT.

That was enough for me to book last weekend
shekar.ca is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks