Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2021, 10:53   #2686
RDG

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealAbhinavRajp View Post
Talking about the vehicle: SPORTS DDCT, amazing drive, no discomfort throughout the trip, very very comfortable trip, cruising non stop around 120 kmph. Mileage ~11.8 (possible up to 12.5 if you drive under 2000 RPMs).

Car was just driven 250 kms before this trip as I got the delivery in first week of August.
Very timely update, as I am getting delivery of my SPORTS DDCT today. Happy to see this update, thanks for sharing!
RDG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 11:29   #2687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Car was just driven 250 kms before this trip as I got the delivery in first week of August.
Hi, your steering wheel seems to be leather wrapped. Could you share some more details on this?
Old 27th August 2021, 11:50   #2688
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi, your steering wheel seems to be leather wrapped. Could you share some more details on this?
Yes. I got it done outside at Epona Life style, Bangalore. Jeep dealer outsource them for all the custom leather works.

This is Nappa Leather exactly the same used in higher variants. Fit n finish is 90% matched.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 12:52   #2689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes. I got it done outside at Epona Life style, Bangalore. Jeep dealer outsource them for all the custom leather works.

This is Nappa Leather exactly the same used in higher variants. Fit n finish is 90% matched.
Yes, looks very good. Do you mind sharing the cost? I am assuming they took out the steering wheel to do this job?

Also, how were the performance of the headlight on the highway?
Old 27th August 2021, 13:15   #2690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yes, looks very good. Do you mind sharing the cost? I am assuming they took out the steering wheel to do this job?

Also, how were the performance of the headlight on the highway?
They said they will remove the steering but no. It was done like that only.

4500 they charged.

They said, original cost was 6500 but because they committed this price to me so they charged that only.
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 13:25   #2691
BHPian

Thought I’d share some news I heard from my SA on model S variant getting a few updates to the infotainment system to differentiate it further from other variants. Updates include voice commands for media, AC controls & navigation along with a built-in navigation system which he said could be sourced from map my India, multitasking screen layouts & an upgrade to RAM of the infotainment to 6 GB.

Additionally remote cooling of the cabin will now be available. These will be done for batches going into production from August onwards. Not sure if it impacts the ex-showroom prices yet.

Finally, I took the plunge & booked the diesel manual model S variant in galaxy blue. Have been told 4-6 weeks of excruciating wait time!

Here are some screenshots of the upcoming infotainment updates as shared by the SA.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-54e929584d8e4b2499089c3cf21b6148.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-287e6c49515c40cb83eb6b9ee3114f30.jpeg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-cfa8dc12fdd74e26bc0b7b681b49d3f7.jpeg  

suhas_raj is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 19:51   #2692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Thought I’d share some news I heard from my SA on model S variant getting a few updates to the infotainment system to differentiate it further from other variants. Updates include voice commands for media, AC controls & navigation along with a built-in navigation system which he said could be sourced from map my India, multitasking screen layouts & an upgrade to RAM of the infotainment to 6 GB. Additionally remote cooling of the cabin will now be available.
Firstly, congratulations on your booking!

Secondly, do you know if these updates are being brought in via new hardware, or would the current hardware of the facelifted versions just work with a software upgrade (apart from obviously the RAM upgrade)?
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2021, 21:45   #2693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Firstly, congratulations on your booking!

Secondly, do you know if these updates are being brought in via new hardware, or would the current hardware of the facelifted versions just work with a software upgrade (apart from obviously the RAM upgrade)?
Thank you! Inputs from you & other BHPians on my queries really helped make the decision to go ahead with compass really easy. Cheers

I believe the controls via voice command & multitasking features are just software updates to the infotainment & should be made available to existing facelifted vehicles. Jeep should be doing that considering the facelift is not even a year old, it wouldn’t make sense if not.

However the inbuilt MMI navigation perhaps is the reason for the RAM upgrade & may be restricted to newer batches of S variant. I will enquire with my SA to check if it’s not the case.

Last edited by suhas_raj : 27th August 2021 at 22:08.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 10:23   #2694
BHPian

I did a test drive of Jeep Compass Diesel AT Limited version today. I have a GT TSI, so will do some comparison with the same.

Engine/ Gearbox combo: When compared to my GT TSI, I felt the city ride is better as it is able to close the gaps in traffic better than my GT TSI, may be due to TC gearbox. So I would say Compass is better to drive in city than GT TSI. Also the size is not that bulky and can be taken through narrow roads in Kochi.

In highway, nothing special to tell, it was just fine for normal highway cruising and can work if you are not in a hurry. But in a sprint, the Compass cannot compete with the feel of GT TSI. So for a highway like Kerala, where it is mostly single lane without divider, Compass is for those who is ready to get stuck behind a lorry and reach the destination as per the truck drivers wish and not as per our wish. A paddle shifter was really missed in Compass and cannot go for explosive driving by quick acceleration and cutting back to the lane after overtaking in single lane highways. ZF gearbox is smooth, but I did not feel anything special for enthusiastic driving. Gear number is not shown, no paddle, no sports mode – so this is a car which is not really made for driving enthusiasts. Also as someone mentioned, the engine is loud and I can feel vibrations in steering while idling.

Did not push the car to check for body roll, but for a normal regular driver, it is alright.

Mileage: I had reset the mileage at the beginning of the test drive and drove around 20 kms with a mix of highway and city driving (50:50) (being a Saturday, traffic inside city was not high), and I was surprised to see a mileage of 9.2 kmpl. I really expected it to be more than 12 to 13 kmpl as I was driving without much sharper throttling. May be its because it was a test drive car or may be due to my lack of knowledge of mileage in SUVs. I had owned one diesel Verna in 2014 to 2016 which definitely had better mileage.

The area I loved compass is the way it was absorbing bad roads. The places where I used to go in 10 to 20 kmph in my Polo was taken at double speeds easily in Compass and that stress free drive in which a we are unsure about the depth in a puddle of water. Suspension was silent and F-A-R better than the Polo.

In the test drive, I slightly got a back pain and unsure if it is because I did not set the seat angle/ lumbar support properly (I have slight back disk issues and hence is more sensitive than others in this aspect).

Interiors: New interior is really plush with good usage of soft plastics and soft materials in dash board and door pads. Soft materials really take Compass to a premium level. It has one of the premium feeling interiors in less than 35-45 lac cars. Though the "Limited" variant has a very weird color combination of brown and white and what not. Color selection is very weird and the main compelling reason for Model "S" is the all black interiors and lack of multiple weird colors.

Braking: It was fine and I just upgraded to EBC yellow stuff pads in my GT TSI last week, so even with disc brake in rear in Compass, I did not feel it to be any better than the GT TSI.

So overall I would say that the exact replacement/ upgrade for Polo GT TSI in terms of driving thrill/ excitement is never a Jeep Compass, it can be Octavia and there is no comparison between Octavia and a Jeep Compass as I had driven an Octavia extensively. SUV serves a different purpose and I would have never considered SUV if my only reason for owning a car is driving pleasure. But considering the road conditions, higher driving positions, relaxed cruising, not getting bullied by bus inside city, etc SUVs has become the choice for many. An ideal garage would be to have an SUV and a hot hatch/ sedan as both serve different purposes.

While returning, I just dropped in a Hyundai and Ford showroom.

1. Hyundai Tucson: Saw it in dealership, could not get test drive vehicle. But interiors are too bland, though black interiors were good. Even though reviews are stating an explosive engine/ Gearbox combo, I do not want to test drive it as new car is already launched in many parts of the world, so does not make much sense to plonk 30 + lacs in such an outgoing model.

2. Ford Endeavour: Though it is out of budget, just checked the car in dealership. It is a large car for sure, but had very few soft plastic in dash area and door pads. I expected more soft materials and luxury feel which was not there in Endeavour. Interiors did not feel plush to me and new compass interiors felt much luxurious than the Endeavour. I felt the size to be too large to be driven in the narrow roads of Kochi. Anyways it is out of budget, so left the place without waiting for test drive vehicle.

Last edited by petrol_power : 29th August 2021 at 10:28.
petrol_power is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 09:42   #2695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
I did a test drive of Jeep Compass Diesel AT Limited version today. I have a GT TSI, so will do some comparison with the same.
As an owner of both the vehicles - GT TSI (1.2 DSG) and the Compass (Diesel 4x4 AT) - I totally agree with you. The Compass AT isn't as engaging a car as the GT TSI is. The gearbox is partly to blame. The steering, and dynamics are quite good on the Compass.
The GT gets unsettled on expansion joints, and undulations, specially with passengers, at highway speeds. Whereas the Compass rides very maturely on such roads. Where the Compass gets unsettled is bad roads at slow speeds.
The GT's suspension is much louder too.
veyron999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 12:14   #2696
BHPian

Its like comparing apples and oranges. Both are very different fruits but each is good in different ways.
The Compass and the Polo are in very different segments as well as body styles.
In my opinion, proper comparison to the Compass would be the Ecosport if you are upgrading.
Old 31st August 2021, 16:50   #2697
RDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG View Post
Very timely update, as I am getting delivery of my SPORTS DDCT today. Happy to see this update, thanks for sharing!
So I took delivery of my Magnesio Grey 1.4 DDCT on Friday, 27th August. Have done only city drives till now and it is living up to expectations. A highway trip coming this weekend and eagerly looking forward to the same.

I read on this forum that there is NCR group for Compass owners. Can anyone connect me with the same?
RDG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 17:30   #2698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd de Souza View Post
Its like comparing apples and oranges. Both are very different fruits but each is good in different ways.
The Compass and the Polo are in very different segments as well as body styles.
In my opinion, proper comparison to the Compass would be the Ecosport if you are upgrading.
Well, think of it like this - I would definitely want to know how an upgrade would compare to my existing car, right? Even if it is a different segment altogether.
So, this is not a comparison in the true sense of it, more like providing a perspective to a prospect buyer.
The transmission behaviour, and suspension behaviour can surely be compared to get an idea what one could expect during ownership.

Last edited by veyron999 : 31st August 2021 at 17:32.
veyron999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 18:39   #2699
BHPian

Hi guys......

Need some help from Jeep Owners in Gurgaon, Haryana, related to Insurance quotes

Can anyone confirm if Landmark Jeep's Service center has Cashless Insurance tie up with TATA AIG ? I am getting a lucrative quote of around INR 57,000 (Zero Dep) with an IDV 95% of Model S.

In case there is no tie up, I might be a little hesitant then. The service center says we do have a tie up but they will only act as mediators with TATA AIG. Any suggestions if I should go for it still ? Are their any issues in getting claims ?

My SA says they do not have a tie up; as he probably wants to me to buy insurance from their dealership (dealers have good margins on insurance quotes).
Any visibility on this would be helpful.
RBleo21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2021, 19:39   #2700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBleo21 View Post

Can anyone confirm if Landmark Jeep's Service center has Cashless Insurance tie up with TATA AIG
My SA says they do not have a tie up; as he probably wants to me to buy insurance from their dealership (dealers have good margins on insurance quotes).
Any visibility on this would be helpful.
No Landmark Jeep does not have a cashless tie up with TATA AIG. They do have it with Reliance, AXA and Future Generali. FG generally gives competitive quotes. Do check them out. BTW i have found Landmark quotes to be seriously competitive, if you push them well enough.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks