Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2021, 08:42   #2716
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by car FANATICUS View Post
Looks like transition from Duster to JC will not be very seamless for me. :-)
I upgraded from Chevrolet Aveo UVA to Jeep Compass

Trust me, upgrade is big one

Last edited by Aditya : 6th September 2021 at 05:05. Reason: Extra smileys deleted
RealAbhinavRajp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 10:32   #2717
BHPian

Query on lighting.

I have a Jeep Compass Longitude Plus 2020 and was looking to upgrade the lighting. My model comes with a HID projector setup with a 4300k 35W bulbs. My usage is 70% City and 30% Highway/Hills.

3 options come to my mind

1. Upgrade the headlamp bulbs to 55W or a more powerful LED bulb.

I have been told that a 55W bulb (HID or LED) does not sit well in the stock projector setup + Since my headlamp is mostly used in the city, I feel it will be an overkill as the stock setup feels good enough for city use but is inadequate for the highway.

2. Replace the fog lamps halogen bulbs with led bulbs/ or high intensity bulbs like osram nightbreaker etc. I have no idea on the efficacy of this option. Can someone who has tried, throw some light on this.

3.1 Replace the fog lamps with a projector setup (HID or LED).

I have till now found this option as the most feasible for my use (Highway+hills). I have heard of few setups available in Kolkata. All this setups come with the option of High and Low Beams

a. IPH Projector + IPH HID Bulbs 5500K/55W
b. IPH Projector + Aozoom HID Bulbs 4300K/55W
c. IPH Projector + Morimoto HID Bulbs (read about this but unable to locate a morimoto dealer)
d. RE Retrofit HID Projector Complete Setup with 5500K/55W bulbs.

3.2 Replace the fog lamps with a laser projector (Only seen a few videos on them). Seems like an overkill right now.

Can the gurus here suggest tried and tested methods with the best light output and with preferably no wire slicing.

Thanks
indrokneel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 11:12   #2718
Senior - BHPian

We are planning to buy the Compass. On-road quote is Rs. 32 Lakhs (No offers). The test drive and sales experience at PPS was absolutely wonderful. In fact my neighbour is super happy with her purchase and was pushing me to buy. Put the car through, (what is possibly), the worst roads on earth (Anjanapura, Narayan Nagar) and the car came flying through - out of deep water filled potholes, sandy mounds etc. In short, an ideal test track. The sales executive was urging me to test it to the limits further on. The suspension is just fantastic. Planning on the red, but returned back to the showroom and saw this new green colour which is readied for delivery. Now, the XUV 700's incredible value has put a spanner in the works. Planning a TD of the Mahindra before deciding.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5055.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5056.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5058.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 19:21   #2719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Additionally remote cooling of the cabin will now be available. These will be done for batches going into production from August onwards. Not sure if it impacts the ex-showroom prices yet.
Jeep Compass ICE update details are out. Team BHP news link .
However, it doesn't mention about the remote cooling of the cabin.
Old 6th September 2021, 00:54   #2720
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
We are planning to buy the Compass. On-road quote is Rs. 32 Lakhs (No offers). The test drive and sales experience at PPS was absolutely wonderful. In fact my neighbour is super happy with her purchase and was pushing me to buy. Put the car through, (what is possibly), the worst roads on earth (Anjanapura, Narayan Nagar) and the car came flying through - out of deep water filled potholes, sandy mounds etc. In short, an ideal test track. The sales executive was urging me to test it to the limits further on. The suspension is just fantastic. Planning on the red, but returned back to the showroom and saw this new green colour which is readied for delivery. Now, the XUV 700's incredible value has put a spanner in the works. Planning a TD of the Mahindra before deciding.
@Sebring sailing in the same boat, waiting to see the XUV 700 in skin. Had booked the Jeep Compass MT Model S, cancelled it. But I absolutely loved the ride and handling of the Jeep Compass. Had to rethink before investing 31L, the space inside was a bit crammed. Let's see how things shape up.
Raghunath Singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 07:04   #2721

I got my Jeep limited diesel manual delivery in the first week of August. I upgraded from my 11 year old Grande Punto 1.3MJD. I kept the old beast thinking that jeep would be difficult to drive around in city roads. But frankly haven't touched the Punto since I got the jeep.
The compass can do whatever the Punto could do and do it much better. The shortage of power I felt in Punto is easily covered up with my compass.
Now I feel sad but I think I might end up selling off my Punto soon as the compass covers all the areas (and better) that I loved my Punto for.
Only thing I am unhappy about the compass is the android auto, it feels like it misbehaves with me on purpose as I don't see anyone else ranting about it on any forum. For eg, if u got a location from someone on whatsapp, There is no was to navigate to that until my car is running. Android Auto simply takes over my phone. I click the link on whatsapp and Google maps won't open saying android auto is running. So only solution I find is turn off the car every time. Wait for android auto to give me back my phone controls. Then open the location on maps. Then start the car for the location to show on maps.
Other irritating issues like apps not available on android auto because it wasn't running on the phone when it was connected. Sometimes phone calls work on phone speaker sometimes on car speakers randomly. And android auto takes over the phone so if someone calls, the phone doesn't show any controls for ongoing call at all!!.
Anyway these are android auto issues, not my compass issues so I'm still super happy and excited.
Mighty_Eagle is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 08:46   #2722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAijin_ View Post
Jeep Compass ICE update details are out. Team BHP news link .
However, it doesn't mention about the remote cooling of the cabin.
Nope, seems like my SA had an incorrect understanding, unfortunately it is not remote cooling but the new feature will turn on driver side ventilated seat automatically if the ambient temperature is over 26.5 degrees Centigrade upon engine cranking.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:55   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhas_raj View Post
Nope, seems like my SA had an incorrect understanding.
Thanks for confirming. I thought the same, but wanted to confirm
Old 7th September 2021, 09:24   #2724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
@Sebring sailing in the same boat, waiting to see the XUV 700 in skin. Had booked the Jeep Compass MT Model S, cancelled it. But I absolutely loved the ride and handling of the Jeep Compass. Had to rethink before investing 31L, the space inside was a bit crammed. Let's see how things shape up.
The biggest issue with M&M SUVs has been the handling. This appears to have been sorted from the test drives that have been uploaded on the YouTube. It was really fascinating to watch the XUV 700 taking corners at 155-170 kms. The auto GB has been given a thumbs up also (more for the Petrol). I am sure Jeep will be giving discounts on the Compass from December. The price Gap could be INR 7-8 L for the top trim AWD which may not be justifiable by Jeep.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 16:54   #2725
BHPian

My new Jeep Compass is showing fuel economy of 28.8 , is it per liter or gallon , I did not get a setting to change. Apologies for the very basic question but this mileage seems very high if its liters.

Mod Note
: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, JC) when referring to cars or their makers. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Thanks for the support & understanding
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-fueleconomy.jpeg  

Last edited by Sheel : 8th September 2021 at 12:21. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 7th September 2021, 19:07   #2726
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indrokneel View Post
Query on lighting.

I have a Jeep Compass Longitude Plus 2020 and was looking to upgrade the lighting. My model comes with a HID projector setup with a 4300k 35W bulbs. My usage is 70% City and 30% Highway/Hills.

Thanks
What type of bulb is the stock one? D1S, D2S, D3S, D4S ?
You can probably check compass manual for the bulb type used in it.

Don't go for 55watts, you will have to change ballast to 55 watts. Also the projector reflector will give up due to extra heat. Look at Osram CBB bulbs on Amazon.com. I purchased bulbs from there a few years back.

Last edited by rbp : 7th September 2021 at 19:08. Reason: Added a few more details
Old 7th September 2021, 21:55   #2727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car FANATICUS View Post
My new Jeep Compass is showing fuel economy of 28.8 , is it per liter or gallon , I did not get a setting to change. Apologies for the very basic question but this mileage seems very high if its liters.
There is a problem with the computation of mileage. For me it almost works but it was stuck at a weird value after a few kms. I had to reset to get it working again.

Last edited by Sheel : 8th September 2021 at 12:21. Reason: Quoted post edited. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2021, 09:59   #2728
Senior - BHPian

Got my Jeep Compass Model S 4x4 AT a couple of days back. early impressions are great but I guess I need a second degree to just understand and work all the features on this thing! Will share an update one I put some miles under it.
himanshugoswami is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:16   #2729

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post

The following week, visited True Sai to get the map update done. Hardly 15min job and hence managed to get their help to hard wire the dash cam too. I had got the kit long back and it was lying in the glove box. So got both these works done in this visit.

Please help me with the hardwire kit installation, I tried and failed as we couldn't find the inside fusebox. Found one in the back but there was no fuse we could use there. The only other fusebox is in the engine bay which u don't want the wires to run from inside cabin to engine bay. Where did you connect the hardwire kit?
Old 9th September 2021, 10:30   #2730

Test drove the Model S of the Jeep Compass a couple of days ago (Petrol - AT and Diesel 4x4 - AT).

I come from driving a Volkswagen Polo GT TSI- so the Diesel felt super unresponsive. The lag was super apparent and it took me a few minutes to adjust to the turbo. The acceleration was not linear at all in the lower RPMs, but once it reached the midline, it was alright.

The petrol however was much better and I quite enjoyed driving it. Both variants had suspension which was on the slightly stiffer side, but its a car that inspires so much confidence driving on Bangalore roads. Drove it straight into potholes and barely felt an impact. An extremely comfortable ride.

Two things that I immediately noticed as positives were that:
1) For a car of its stature, its turning radius was quite small. Makes it a little easier handling and turning through narrow roads.
2) Minimal body roll. Can easily floor the accelerator in corners without thinking too much.

A couple of small bones I had to pick:
1) The S Line has 360 degree camera, which means it has cameras on the sides as well. I don't see why they can't do a blind spot detection when you are putting on the turn signals (similar to what you see on the GT Line of the Kia Seltos). The cameras are useless when you are actually driving because you need to reach into the infotainment and then fiddle around to see through them. So the only time they are actually useful is when you are parking.

2) This is so stupid that I cannot believe its a thing but you cannot see what gear you are in. I understand its an automatic car but you have no way to see this unless you put the car into manual while you are driving and then it pops up on the side of your instrument cluster. Why is this a thing, Jeep? Why?!

There are no paddles. This seems like a weird conundrum considering the car is a drivers car. The sales person at the showroom I went to said and I quote, "You don't need paddles for Indian roads". Kinda ticked me off a little bit. Why wouldn't I need it? If it is actually a driver's car, all the more reason I would want some control, especially if I am shelling out a premium.

The interiors of the cabin are actually really nice in the S-Line and the massive sun roof makes the cabin feel roomier than it is, so props to Jeep for that. But can it justify the 10 lakh on road jump over its competitors? I'm not so sure.

Last edited by pranavsh : 9th September 2021 at 10:50. Reason: Added details
pranavsh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks