Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2021, 10:32   #2926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Hi Arnab, I had one more query. How much time did the Kolkata RTO take to register the car? As in from the time of final disbursement to the dealer to them/you receiving the registration no.?

I have been pushing them to make the delivery before Diwali but seems impossible now. Given that there are another 4 days of holiday here, my delivery will get delayed to next week despite me clearing all the payments (Bank delayed their disbursement though).
Mine is WB26 registration, but it was very quick. They paid the tax the same day I made the full payment. And the HSRP was installed within 4-5 working days.

Just to increase your longing, attaching a pic ...this is near Ramgarh, Uttarakhand.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-d72_916432__01.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroopblr View Post

Here is a pic of me taking the delivery
Congratulations Swaroop! I took delivery 3 weeks ago and already done 3500kms...has been a pleasure to drive.

I am sure you're going to love it!!

Last edited by vb-saan : 1st November 2021 at 14:13. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
arnab_bsp is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 13:42   #2927
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Hello Guys,

I got the delivery of my Jeep Compass on 29th October 2021. The delivery experience was alright, the dealer did not provide any demo, and the car was not properly washed.

They requested to sign me on a PDI form. There was no sign from the dealer on the form, and no checkboxes were ticked. However, as I was getting late, I didn't bother to remind the sales representative again for the demo and signed the PDI form. Later on, I realized that it was foolish to sign that form, and I could have denied it.

I am planning to go for a 500 KM trip this coming Wednesday. I have some queries regarding:

1) Is there any way to know the status of Adblue? Like checking the status from MID?
2) Does the auto start/stop feature puts a load on the battery? I am asking this because, by default, the headlamps remain on when the engine switch off at night.
3) The dealer told me that slush mats are no longer available by Jeep, and hence they gave me fabric mats. Is that correct?
4) How do I know that the vehicle is up to date? The infotainment shows the android version as 8.1.0.
I checked https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html, which show that the system is updated.
Old 1st November 2021, 14:01   #2928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab_bsp View Post
Mine is WB26 registration, but it was very quick. They paid the tax the same day I made the full payment. And the HSRP was installed within 4-5 working days.

Just to increase your longing, attaching a pic ...this is near Ramgarh, Uttarakhand.
Attachment 2226684
This picture doesn't help brother.

Wow, you just got delivery and you are already up north. Share more pictures!!

Congrats again.
Old 1st November 2021, 14:22   #2929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhisheksinh View Post
Hello Guys,

I got the delivery of my Jeep Compass on 29th October 2021.

I am planning to go for a 500 KM trip this coming Wednesday. I have some queries regarding:

1) Is there any way to know the status of Adblue? Like checking the status from MID?
2) Does the auto start/stop feature puts a load on the battery? I am asking this because, by default, the headlamps remain on when the engine switch off at night.
3) The dealer told me that slush mats are no longer available by Jeep, and hence they gave me fabric mats. Is that correct?
4) How do I know that the vehicle is up to date? The infotainment shows the android version as 8.1.0.
I checked https://www.driveuconnect.com/suppor...re-update.html, which show that the system is updated.
First of all congratulations!!

1. Yes the Adblue or DEF status is available in the menus. You can scroll through the up arrow keys on the left side of the steering wheel, then in one of the options where you get the coolant temp etc. you need to use the right scroll arrow.
2. Maybe, because I've seen the battery level a bit down after start stop drives (this also you can find using point 1). Not fully sure, though.
3. Maybe a local dealer issue.
4. I have the same version as well now. On the first day after I had configured the system, there was an update. Not sure about the initial version.

I am sure you'll enjoy the 500km drive. As I mentioned before, I've done 3500km in the last 3 weeks and absolutely loved it. There are a few issues I noted, which I'll put up in a detailed post, but nothing major to worry about.
arnab_bsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 14:39   #2930
BHPian

Has any one come across any DCT issues with Compass. I have booked 1.4 DCT Limited for delivery by Nov mid.

2017-21 is a fairly good time, for issues to pop up. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to find any.

Is it really since DCT of Jeep is reliable or very few Jeep DCTs on road?
Old 1st November 2021, 15:14   #2931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enj0y_ride View Post
Has any one come across any DCT issues with Compass. I have booked 1.4 DCT Limited for delivery by Nov mid.

2017-21 is a fairly good time, for issues to pop up. Surprisingly, I wasn't able to find any.

Is it really since DCT of Jeep is reliable or very few Jeep DCTs on road?
Very few DCTs on road
nibedk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 15:25   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

I got the delivery of my Jeep Compass on 29th October 2021. The delivery experience was alright, the dealer did not provide any demo, and the car was not properly washed.

They requested to sign me on a PDI form. There was no sign from the dealer on the form, and no checkboxes were ticked. However, as I was getting late, I didn't bother to remind the sales representative again for the demo and signed the PDI form. Later on, I realized that it was foolish to sign that form, and I could have denied it.

Hey Abhishek.
When i had got my car the Ad blu was at 80%. Dont think you will face an issue with a 500 Km trip. But if possible pick up a velvex Ad Blue container and keep it in the car to be on the safe side. This is the same one that the Jeep service station uses in our cars as well.

On the car mats part might be an issue in Ahmedabad. When i had received the car last month i had received the car with slush mats

Regards,
Abhishek
AbhishekMushran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 18:17   #2933

Quote:
Congratulations Swaroop! I took delivery 3 weeks ago and already done 3500kms...has been a pleasure to drive.

I am sure you're going to love it!!

That is fantastic to hear. I see you already drove north into the mountains. I may not be as enthusiastic as you are at the moment. However, I am planning to do a drive up to my hometown in December. I am already in love with the way the car handles my style of driving. The way it handles the rough roads is awesome to experience. Looking forward to a smile for each mile with this beauty.
Old 1st November 2021, 19:20   #2934
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Hey Abhishek.
When i had got my car the Ad blu was at 80%. Dont think you will face an issue with a 500 Km trip. But if possible pick up a velvex Ad Blue container and keep it in the car to be on the safe side. This is the same one that the Jeep service station uses in our cars as well.

On the car mats part might be an issue in Ahmedabad. When i had received the car last month i had received the car with slush mats

Regards,
Abhishek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Thanks a lot. This is very helpful. Can you/anyone else please post pictures of the slush mats? I have heard good things about Jeep mats and I am assuming the slush mats are the best ones. Any pictures will be immensely helpful.
Hi Pancham,

PFA herewith the photos of the slush mats that were provided by Jeep itself.

Regards,
Abhishek
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc-interior-2.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jc-interior-one.jpg  

AbhishekMushran is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 09:19   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
First of all congratulations!!

1. Yes the Adblue or DEF status is available in the menus. You can scroll through the up arrow keys on the left side of the steering wheel, then in one of the options where you get the coolant temp etc. you need to use the right scroll arrow.
Thank you, Arnab, I checked the Adblue status, and it is around 80%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekMushran View Post
Hey Abhishek.

Regards,
Abhishek
Thank you, Abhishek, I will check for velvex Ad Blue container. Regarding mats, I believe I will have to go for a slush mat sooner or later. As per my dealer, they are no longer available in Jeep so they provided me carpet mat (not sure what it is called). I will try to post a pic soon

The rattling noise from my compass has already started
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:03   #2936

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
would be great to look at the terrain, driving on which nailed the choice for you.

This is the road which sealed the deal for me...

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20211102-10.27.54-pm.jpeg

I know pictures don't always show the complexity involved. But trust me, there was no road when I drove. They recently pour sand there, but when I did the TD, there was nothing, just loose gravel, rocks and of course mud...
Swaroopblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:18   #2937
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did you go with the other Compasses from Kolkata?
Old 2nd November 2021, 17:23   #2938

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Did you go with the other Compasses from Kolkata?
No it was as a solo trip.

Is there a group where I can be added?

Last edited by arnab_bsp : 2nd November 2021 at 17:27.
arnab_bsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:18   #2939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaroopblr View Post
This is the road which sealed the deal for me...

Attachment 2227196

I know pictures don't always show the complexity involved. But trust me, there was no road when I drove. They recently pour sand there, but when I did the TD, there was nothing, just loose gravel, rocks and of course mud...
Fully agree that many times pictures could mask the reality, this looks like proper offroad trail. Good to know the capability of Compass, wish you many exciting offroading as well.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2021, 10:48   #2940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2226684
An update: Yesterday, I got a message from Vahaan that payment has been made for the RTO charges. However, I don't think they will deliver the car today despite making multiple requests for a pre-Diwali delivery. I am told the dealership will receive the registration number after 2:30pm post which it might be difficult for them to deliver.

Maybe they already have a lot of deliveries lined up or they want to take it easy before Diwali. Nevertheless, I should get the car by Friday. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Pancham : 3rd November 2021 at 10:49.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks