Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2020, 20:28   #2176

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
Took delivery of a Limited Plus Petrol AT today. Thank you all for answering my queries, which helped me in making my mind.
Congratulations Rilke on your new ride, wish you many happy and safe miles! Looking forward to hear your initial experience from the first few weeks.
vyshak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 11:41   #2177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rilke View Post
Took delivery of a Limited Plus Petrol AT today. Thank you all for answering my queries, which helped me in making my mind.
Congratulations,Rilke. I see that you are based in NCR. We have a very active Compass user group in NCR, and we like to help each other out, plan trails etc- PM me if you wish to join it.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 21:36   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Congratulations,Rilke. I see that you are based in NCR. We have a very active Compass user group in NCR, and we like to help each other out, plan trails etc- PM me if you wish to join it.
Yes, I live in the NCR and would love to be a part of the group. As a newbie on the forum, I think I am not allowed to PM anyone. Could you please send me a PM?
Old 26th December 2020, 23:28   #2179

Hello Members of Team-BHP and the JEEP community!

My membership has finally been approved by the TEAM-BHP moderators. A huge shout out to them!

I have been following this thread religiously for the past 4 months, and it has provided tons of information for a prospective buyer like me. All of my doubts regarding the car has been very well explained in this thread(again a huge shout to the dedicated members of this thread), and this had provided me with the confidence of going ahead and buying one. Yep, I am receiving my car from the dealership tomorrow . Super excited as this is my first car!

I remember when I had passed out of college and started working, I saw one of these badboys and kept on looking at the car, It was love at first sight! Maybe unconsciously I had decided my fate then and there.

Glad that I had went ahead for the TD of COMPASS after SELTOS and and finally decided on going ahead with the purchase of JEEP.

In a nutshell, SELTOS is like that infatuation you have on someone which passes by with time. But JEEP COMPASS is true love.

Rest my case. Look forward to engaging with you all.
Solo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 07:21   #2180

Hello Experts,
I need a little help with a compass buying decision.

1. I currently drive a Verna SXO petrol automatic.
2. I have been thinking of an upgrade for about a year now since my second child was born. My asks were pretty simple. I wanted an automatic and I wanted 6 airbags. My wife was very particular about getting a car with curtain airbags.
3. The parents visit often and Verna really does not have the best rear seat for elderly parents. We are all a family of tall people and that adds to the woes.
4. Like everyone else who was looking for an upgrade, checked all options from the duster, ecosport, xuv to crysta , seltos etc etc.
5. I have been buying good preowned cars for some time now and this time too we have been looking at not getting a new one.

After a ton on trestdrives and excel sheets about the pro's and cons of our shortlists we finally pruned it to 2 cars.

Jeep Compass
1. I fell in love with it during the TD. (2019 limited plus 4X4 auto) The SA during my TD recommended that i take it on the NICE road to try out handling and dynamics. However given that I had gone with my 4 year old son and I knew that for the majority of the time the roads that I drive on will not be "NICE", pun intended. I took the car on a road which I knew was bad. The TD car at PPS motors had done about 11K km but was surprisingly silent on the bad roads and drove beautifully. The same road where my son would say we are on a roller coaster did not feel the same on the Jeep Compass.
2. I have found a preowned Longitute diesel AT 2020 (2019 Manufactured). The quote is for 22 lakhs. One big drawback here for us is the absence of curtain airbags. The dealer is offering this variant at 26.25 lakhs. I would need some help from experts on if this is a good price for the car?

Innova Crysta
1. There is nothing to be written about this car that has not been said already. The fact that I TD's the Crysta before the Jeep Compass did not have any bearing on the fact that I liked the Jeep Compass more.
2. The pluses for us here are that its a comfortable car and there is no question about its reliability. I definitely found the Crysta's engine a lot more silent inside the cabin than the Jeep Compass.
3. The negative is its size. For a city like Bangalore, driving that big a car for daily commute which is what I would have to use it for once things settle is going to be a big pain. Moreover, not very impressed with the dated design.
4. Another minus is that for the same budget 20-lakhs I am only able to get a 2016-17 model which is already 4-5 years old.

One of our big consideration is service and reliability. We have had Hyundai's for a long time now and there has never really been a problem with the service. However, its time now to try a different car brand and hence the dilemma.

The mind says Crysta but the heart (also my older son) says compass. Would really appreciate some help here.

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, JC, Endy) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 27th December 2020 at 10:38. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 27th December 2020, 09:43   #2181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyaanimale View Post

Innova Crysta
Another minus is that for the same budget 20-lakhs I am only able to get a 2016-17 model which is already 4-5 years old.

One of our big consideration is service and reliablity. We have had Hyundai's for a long time now and there has never really been a problem with the service. However, its time now to try a different car brand and hence the dilema.
If service and reliability is important then look at none other than the Toyota, 3-4 year old Innovas are nothing, they can run for 15-20 years straight without popping the hood exception being regular fluids and oils! I am saying this with experience.

But if your heart and son are fixed on the Jeep Compass, then it is a solid built car, powerful and reliable till now as you can see ownership reviews. But I feel the Compass manual is the way to go since it is more FTD than the auto.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 27th December 2020 at 09:45.
Old 27th December 2020, 09:50   #2182

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
If service and reliability is important then look at none other than the Toyota, 3-4 year old Innovas are nothing, they can run for 15-20 years straight without popping the hood exception being regular fluids and oils! I am saying this with experience.

But if your heart and son are fixed on the Jeep Compass, then it is a solid built car, powerful and reliable till now as you can see ownership reviews. But I feel the Compass manual is the way to go since it is more FTD than the auto.
Thank you. Is 22 lakhs a good price for the longitude AT? If I had got a Limited Plus with 6 airbags the decision would have been easier. But torn between having 6 airbags on the ZX crysta or the extremely solid compass build (Not saying Toyota build quality is not good).
Old 27th December 2020, 22:27   #2183

The beauty is here finally. Now I need to think of a good name.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20201227-10.14.49-pm.jpeg
Solo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 23:32   #2184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo View Post

Attachment 2098246
Hi Solo. Congratulations. Please do share more details - model, discounts, final on road price, manufacturing date and waiting period.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 23:49   #2185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Please do share more details - model, discounts, final on road price, manufacturing date and waiting period.
Hi Pancham,

Thank you for your wishes. This is the Petrol Sports Plus Model.

This was the final car the dealer had in this variant as he told me that FCA is gearing up for its 2021 model launch and all their production(for this variant at-least) has stopped since November end (again do not know how authentic this news is).

The manufacturing on the model is that of Oct 2020 (figured this out from the last 3 digits of the VIN which stated *AL)

I never really argued for discounts. But the dealership gave me the final quote of 18.7 LPA On road price in Noida, with discounts on Insurance and handling charges.

There were majorly accessories associated with the base model, which included:

1. Leather Seats.
2. 7D floor mats.
3. Parcel Tray
4. Mud Flaps
5. Boot Mat
6. Rear Parking Camera.

Installed the Roof Rails and black gloss wrap which costed net 25k additional and was on top of the On Road price.
Solo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 23:57   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats and neat color choice . You could just call your beauty as "beast"

Is that the Sport Plus Petrol or Diesel? Do share your initial impressions.
loki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 05:41   #2187
BHPian

Hey all,
Please meet The Red Phantom.
Just finished the PDI of the car.
Planning to take delivery next month Jan 13th.
Hope all goes well.
Also need one advice, planning to do registration in Mumbai, currently reside in Bangalore. Will do temporary registration and drive the same day to Mumbai and finish it. I have a guy there.
Just wanted to ask if anyone else has done this.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-img20201224wa0017.jpg  

pencilbuster is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:31   #2188

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki View Post
Congrats and neat color choice . You could just call your beauty as "beast"

Is that the Sport Plus Petrol or Diesel? Do share your initial impressions.
Haha, I'm still contemplating on the name, something that should match its characteristics. Beast definitely suits it, but i dont know how my mom would react to that name. Maybe she will think the car has possessed me, which it has in a good sense.

Yes, this is the Sports Plus Petrol.

I have driven the car roughly 100 kms, so far everything is good. Every member of my family has approved the car, even my Dog .Took him out for a joy ride and he couldn't stop sniffing every corner and poke his head out the car in excitement. It feels composed, responds pretty well and is ideal(though sedans will be better) for comfort driving. Have not really revved the engine beyond 1800 rpm, so really missing that raw power. Have taken leaves from the office and I am planning to take it on the highway to Corbett and Agra (pit stop at mathura) this week.

The Owners Manual said not to exceed 90 kmph during the initial 500 km run or to rev during low speeds. Going to be very hard though.
Solo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:44   #2189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha, I'm still contemplating on the name, something that should match its characteristics. Beast definitely suits it, but i dont know how my mom would react to that name. Maybe she will think the car has possessed me, which it has in a good sense.

Yes, this is the Sports Plus Petrol.
Please do share the driving experience of the manual petrol. It is an interesting option and given the kit the base variants offer it seems like good VFM.
Old 28th December 2020, 12:56   #2190
BHPian

I took my new Petrol Automatic Jeep Compass to a 200 kms drive. The ride at the highway and bad countryside roads are too good. The only slight negative I feel is the little late response on throttles at the low rpms and lower speeds in the city, but this is something I knew before hand, so no complaints . Otherwise I have been pretty satisfied with the purchase.

Here is it next to a lake...

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20201227_135346.jpg
The mileage I received in this trip is something I am very happy about.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_20201227_182736.jpg
sushantk is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks