Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 21:28   #2326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Would this be the tape coming off? I assumed that the dual tone roof was actually painted. This seems like a tape that's begun to come off. Noticed this while cleaning the car today. It's right between the spoiler and the roof.

Btw it's just been 3 months since I got this car.

Attachment 2126339

The tape coming off.
This is interesting, I also have a dual color Compass with a black roof. I hope it's paint and not just a black film or wrap. Can anyone confirm this.
Old 27th February 2021, 21:41   #2327
Senior - BHPian

Re: Wheel lug nut issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Wheel lug nut issue:

Jeep Compass comes with a lug nut which has a chrome type cap covering on top. So, while tightening these nuts if you use a gun with higher torque, then the cap on top of the nut can get misaligned. If this happens, then it will be difficult to remove the nut. So, make sure that the lug wrench /wheel spanner in your tool kit fits in to all the lug nuts properly. If it doesn't then it will be difficult to loosen the lug nut. So, better to replace the ones with issue. Else if you are on the highway with a flat tyre + a damaged lug nut, you will find it very difficult to remove the tyre.

Recently someone faced this issue and got stranded on the highway. So, better to be proactive especially if you drive frequently on highway.

Ecosport comes with a similar lug nut type as well. I am not sure on which other cars gets this.
This is a problem with Ford too as you have pointed (re Ecosport). What I did was to get these caps removed at the time of alignment + balancing few years ago. The only issue I faced at time of tyre change was to ask the guy use 18 (mm) number spanner instead of 19 number that's recommended by Ford. That's a safer option as I need to travel in certain interior locations where 18 number spanner is easily available (I guess, & may be wrong though).

The capless lug nuts look ugly but now I have got used to the practical look. If I'm mad I may go for powder coating of these lug nuts (along with alloy rims) in the future. To be honest, I fear after market lug nuts may never be as good as originals, hence the persistence with the current arrangement.
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 03:34   #2328
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
This is interesting, I also have a dual color Compass with a black roof. I hope it's paint and not just a black film or wrap. Can anyone confirm this.
Do check your roof though
Old 28th February 2021, 08:41   #2329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What variant of the Compass do you own. I asked the SA and he was quite confident that the Limited Plus comes with a painted roof only.
Old 28th February 2021, 08:41   #2330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
... well I dont like the cable dangling around the gear shift ...
For this very reason I have connected the cable to the rear USB port and have routed it near the passenger seat channel. Becomes almost non visible.
Old 28th February 2021, 08:49   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
This is where I have stuck it on mine and how it looks. I keep my phone stuck on it when driving. Some people were asking why I don't use Android Auto all the time with cable plugged in: well I dont like the cable dangling around the gear shift and prefer to set navigation on my phone and connect it to bluetooth. I somehow find this more convenient than android auto
I keep the phone inside the centre console and connect it to the rear USB port. No cables dangling in that case and Android Auto works perfectly. I just bought a small USB cable and plugged it into the rear USB port and routed it into the Center Console. There is actually a notch on top the box for the cable. You can see it on the passenger side top edge of the box when you lift the armrest.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 10:43   #2332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Would this be the tape coming off? I assumed that the dual tone roof was actually painted. This seems like a tape that’s begun to come off. Noticed this while cleaning the car today. It’s right between the spoiler and the roof.

Btw it’s just been 3 months since I got this car.

Attachment 2126339

The tape coming off.
Quote:
Quote:
It is painted and not a wrap. From the pic attached by you, I couldn't make out on what exactly is coming off. Is that Limited Plus variant or is it Limited?
Old 28th February 2021, 15:06   #2333
BHPian

Quote:
What variant of the Compass do you own. I asked the SA and he was quite confident that the Limited Plus comes with a painted roof only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It is painted and not a wrap. From the pic attached by you, I couldn't make out on what exactly is coming off. Is that Limited Plus variant or is it Limited?
It’s a Limited Plus. I took the car to the workshop, the SA and others believed that it comes with a painted roof. They were all bewildered and clicked photos to send to the HO. They claimed to have seen something of this sort for the first time. They’ll get back to me when they hear back from the HO.

While I was at the service centre I checked many other Compass’ which were there, and many of them did have a similar issue including a new and unsold 2021 Limited (O).

It’s a small thing, it’s easy to miss because it’s on the roof but you can’t unsee it once you’ve noticed it. Thankfully it’s out of sight at most times.

Will update here when I hear from them.
Old 28th February 2021, 20:28   #2334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It’s a Limited Plus. I took the car to the workshop, the SA and others believed that it comes with a painted roof. They were all bewildered and clicked photos to send to the HO. They claimed to have seen something of this sort for the first time. They’ll get back to me when they hear back from the HO.

While I was at the service centre I checked many other Compass’ which were there, and many of them did have a similar issue including a new and unsold 2021 Limited (O).

It’s a small thing, it’s easy to miss because it’s on the roof but you can’t unsee it once you’ve noticed it. Thankfully it’s out of sight at most times.

Will update here when I hear from them.
I checked mine today. It looks all okay to me. However I did find that there is a slight edge where the two paints, the black and the white meet. Could not figure out if it a wrap or paint though.

Could you click another photo from some distance so that we can see where exactly is the portion you highlighted. In the close up you posted its impossible to figure out where that portion is located on the roof.
Old 1st March 2021, 08:16   #2335
BHPian

Quote:
Could you click another photo from some distance so that we can see where exactly is the portion you highlighted. In the close up you posted its impossible to figure out where that portion is located on the roof.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-a23fbdea38b44c64a9a7565a2a4c0037.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-7f0f01d97d0d45beb62ffb924717e565.jpeg

Here’s an old photo, around 3 months old. The issue is in the circled area. You won’t see in this picture because this is from the time when I had just brought the car home.
Old 1st March 2021, 08:17   #2336
BHPian

Hello,

I have booked Jeep Compass AT 2021. After few days of booking I stumbled on a thread showing compass being easily stolen in Delhi:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...len-delhi.html (CCTV video: Jeep Compass stolen in Delhi)

I am upgrading from a car which had no fancy modern tech features (Hyundai accent), on this car I used to swear by gear lock to avoid any theft and it worked well for many years.

My sales contact at Landmark jeep south Delhi told me that no such mechanical locking is available in Jeeps, and don't worry it is not required and compass has lot of anti theft features but he could not tell me what are these features. I wrote to FCA also, but on satisfying answer, they said such theft (Delhi video) is one of rare incidents, may be keys were mishandled. FCA customer care also didn't provide any details that how compass makes theft difficult or easy.

My question here is what method do existing compass owners use to safeguard their compass against theft:

- Any mechanical locks like paddle shift locks (They look useless to me)
- OBD port lock etc.

As I am eagerly waiting for delivery of my compass, but thought of these thefts are giving me sleepless nights, any experience or thoughts on this topic will be much helpful.

Thanks,
Pankaj
Old 1st March 2021, 09:28   #2337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2127181

Attachment 2127182

Here’s an old photo, around 3 months old. The issue is in the circled area. You won’t see in this picture because this is from the time when I had just brought the car home.
Thanks for the photo. I checked on my car again and so far it seems to be okay. I did notice however that the gap between the tailgate and the roof is quite small. If something gets stuck in the gap (leaves, twigs or small stone) and if you open the tailgate it will definitely damage the roof.

Do let us know what the SA tells you about the reason for this chipping.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:00   #2338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Hello,

I have booked Jeep Compass AT 2021.
Congratulations on booking a new Compass. Which variant did you opt for ?
I see that you live in Noida. What kind of parking do you have.
Quote:
After few days of booking I stumbled on a thread showing compass being easily stolen in Delhi:
There would be aftermarket options available for a gear lock and the Landmark guys are the least helpful. I just dont like their attitude.
Old 2nd March 2021, 12:28   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
Congratulations on booking a new Compass. Which variant did you opt for ?
I see that you live in Noida. What kind of parking do you have.
My parking is secure, I stay in an Apartment complex which has secured covered parking inside the complex. I booked Limited 80th Anniversary edition, 4x4 AT.

did you also buy from Landmark South Delhi? any precautions or inputs in dealing with them (mainly in delivery, payments etc).
pankaj_9730 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 13:12   #2340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
My parking is secure, I stay in an Apartment complex which has secured covered parking inside the complex. I booked Limited 80th Anniversary edition, 4x4 AT.

did you also buy from Landmark South Delhi? any precautions or inputs in dealing with them (mainly in delivery, payments etc).
No I bought from Landmark Mathura Road. In general was an okay experience. Push them for dates once your final payment is through. In general pretty in-efficinet and inflexible in most cases. Mine was a company purchase and they really did not know a lot of the rules which to me was very surprising.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks