Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 08:46   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

2018 Jeep Compass now available in a new Shade "Magnesio Grey.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-1compass.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-9compass.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-6compass.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-4compass.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-334789_xl.jpeg
CarguyNish is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 12:52   #827
BHPian

Any details on how was JC 5k service?, I'm planning send vehicle in next day or two for 5k service.
Old 8th February 2018, 12:59   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpeeder View Post
Any details on how was JC 5k service?, I'm planning send vehicle in next day or two for 5k service.
The 5K service is only a regular checkup. I got mine done last weekend and all they did was check wheel alignment, balance the wheels and also fixed a few of the rattling noises which I had pointed out and asked them to fix. Also, as a communication from FCA, they are checking ball joints and steering joints to prevent failures like the one seen recently with the Compass in Guwahati.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 20:22   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
2018 Jeep Compass now available in a new Shade "Magnesio Grey.
Magnesio Grey in real life :

Jeep Compass : Official Review-scontent.fmaa12.fna.fbcdn.net-27625243_1422474171208988_4673947751040242089_o.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-scontent.fmaa12.fna.fbcdn.net-27710158_1422474114542327_1239589427702519098_o.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-scontent.fmaa12.fna.fbcdn.net-27336352_1423246444465094_7633419262323886809_n_01.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-scontent.fmaa12.fna.fbcdn.net-27540127_1422474224542316_9094968893936522334_n.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-scontent.fmaa12.fna.fbcdn.net-27544845_1423246304465108_9107931447985317812_n.jpg

Image Courtesy : Amit Sharma of Jeep Compass Club India
Klub Class is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 00:08   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
As per the enclosed Pricing Sheet of Bengaluru, they are charging 8000/- as Logistics and Handling Charges.
8k isn't too bad, of-course nicer if you can bring it down.
Here in Delhi, they are charging 10k for logistics and no room for negotiation.

Also, what's the accessory pack for 7k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Magnesio Grey in real life
What do members feel about the new color? I have seen it in person and currently booked a Magnesio Gray Limited 4x2. Having second thoughts now, hard to decide between this and black.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th February 2018 at 00:34. Reason: Posts merged. Please use MULTI-QUOTE/QUOTE+ when responding to multiple posts. Posts fixed for typos, spacing & readability. Please go through the Announcements section. Thanks!
Old 9th February 2018, 09:10   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
8k isn't too bad, of-course nicer if you can bring it down.
Here in Delhi, they are charging 10k for logistics and no room for negotiation.

What do members feel about the new color? I have seen it in person and currently booked a Magnesio Gray Limited 4x2. Having second thoughts now, hard to decide between this and black.
Grey looks nice and will be easier to maintain than black. Black will show dust deposits within 3 hours as most cities are dusty. Also grey will get less hot than black. (I had a Black Yeti earlier and replaced it with a Silver Compass .)
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 11:42   #832
BHPian

I have test driven the petrol auto twice but did not find the gear indicator.That is surprising considering I can clearly see in the pics in this review.I could only see D and not D2/3 etc.

Do we need to activate that in settings?
Old 10th February 2018, 17:01   #833
Senior - BHPian

Today we completed the Stockyard Visit of my Uncle's Jeep Compass in the FCA Stockyard in Bangalore which is located in Garudachar Palya, Mahadevapura, Bangalore.

I had covered the earlier experiences on this same thread - those can be accessed here:
Part 1: Visit to KHT Prime, Yeshwantpur - URL
Part 2: Visit to KHT Prime, Domlur - URL
Part 3: Pricing Sheet - URL

Now coming to the Part 4 of this series - "The Stockyard Visit"

We reached the place in the morning today and the contact person organized by the Dealer was already present in the yard and he let us inside. There were other Fiat cars also parked inside. We did get to see all the Jeep Compass for real in most of the available colors parked in the yard. Here is a visual tour of the same..

Note: All photographs taken using Honor View 10 Mobile Phone. (Recommended to click on the images and see the images in actual size for best viewing experience.)

Jeep Compass : Official Review-01.jpg
The Jeep Compass

Jeep Compass : Official Review-02.jpg
Compass In Red

Jeep Compass : Official Review-03.jpg
This must be the New Grey or is it the Black?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-04.jpg
White and More JCs parked

Jeep Compass : Official Review-05.jpg
Another View

As we are looking at the cars, they said they were going to move the cars to the basement. It was more like a Parade of all the JCs in different colors

Jeep Compass : Official Review-06.jpg
Cars Being Driven to the Basement, the Blue Beauty far away is the one allocated to my Uncle

Jeep Compass : Official Review-08.jpg
The Jeep Parade

Jeep Compass : Official Review-07.jpg
Glimpse from the Top

And once all the other vehicles cleared out, we went to see the Jeep Compass allocated to my Uncle.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-09.jpg
The Blue Beauty

Jeep Compass : Official Review-10.jpg
Jeep Logo Shimmering in the Sunlight

Jeep Compass : Official Review-11.jpg
Side View

Jeep Compass : Official Review-12.jpg
Another Angle

Jeep Compass : Official Review-12b.jpg
Zoomed out View

We completed the PDI. We were allowed to open the doors and inspect the interior of the car as well. We also opened up the Engine bay and checked what we could. Everything seemed satisfactory. The ODO had a single digit number . Go Ahead was provided - Delivery date is still being discussed but should after next Thursday.

We did try to negotiate on the Rs.8000/- Logistics charge and told then we would escalate it. But they did not budge and are asking us to pay the Logistics charge. If anyone has any Email Addresses of some higher up escalation point in Jeep/FCA please PM me the email address and we will drop them a mail.

Other than the logistics charge part, everything else went well. Oh! and can anyone provide information on how to decode the VIN on a Jeep Compass ? - dealer has committed that this would be a 2018 Compass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ff1609 View Post
The Accessory Pack for 17 K includes Full Body Cover, Floor Mats, Idol, Perfume & Mud Flaps. It is optional and one can pick and choose as well.

Last edited by theMAG : 11th February 2018 at 06:05. Reason: Restricting to the policy limit of upto 2 smileys/post. Thanks.
vsrivatsa is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 11th February 2018, 11:15   #834
BHPian

I have also seen the Blue variant - I think this is the best colour by far, 2nd for me is Red and then the Black. In Indian cities, the Greys / Silvers don't look too appealing after the initial lustre wears out

I am tempted to get one of SUVs painted the same colour - but the RTO hassles are too much
Old 11th February 2018, 12:16   #835
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
In Indian cities, the Greys / Silvers don't look too appealing after the initial lustre wears out

I personally like the Red and Black on the Compass. These colours are really stand out and look fabulous on the Compass. Would I buy my Compass in either of these two colours? The answer is no. I would probably buy it in the minimal grey as it is probably the easiest to maintain.
This is like a take it where you want vehicle and to enjoy it that way, the colour should be the easiest to maintain.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 11th February 2018 at 12:17.
Old 11th February 2018, 13:51   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekrvcse View Post
I have also seen the Blue variant - I think this is the best colour by far, 2nd for me is Red and then the Black.
I loved the Hydro Blue Color and so have booked the blue petrol automatic this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I personally like the Red and Black on the Compass.
I was in a dilemma over blue and red and finally chose blue.Red also looks fabulous.
Old 12th February 2018, 07:26   #837
BHPian

I had a confusion between blue and silver ( minimal grey). At last bought hydro blue. Blue on a Jeep looks very different and good. Silver and white tend to merge with the multitude of these colours on the road. Anyway blue is the colour of the season. Almost all launches this year was with blue

But then, colour is completely a personal choice. I had a Mars red EcoSport and loved it. Also as some one had earlier mentioned, silver is the easiest to maintain. Used to have a silver Swift. To complete the list, used to have a black Santro and a Cyprus green Matiz . I guess that completes all colours on a palette
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 12:11   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
We did try to negotiate on the Rs.8000/- Logistics charge and told then we would escalate it. But they did not budge and are asking us to pay the Logistics charge. If anyone has any Email Addresses of some higher up escalation point in Jeep/FCA please PM me the email address and we will drop them a mail.
Wont be of much use. If you see posts on the internet and maybe some on this forum as well, jeep has responded with justification to the handling charges and has supported the dealers charging it. So unless you really want to take it up legally or otherwise, just live with it if you are bent on buying one.
aviraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 10:27   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The 5K service is only a regular checkup. I got mine done last weekend and all they did was check wheel alignment, balance the wheels and also fixed a few of the rattling noises which I had pointed out and asked them to fix. Also, as a communication from FCA, they are checking ball joints and steering joints to prevent failures like the one seen recently with the Compass in Guwahati.
I took the Jeep compass for 5k service, general check-up, fixes like dashboard right corner minimal rattle sound, rear mud flop fixing properly, good wash..thats all(I have interacted with Rafeeq). I have skipped for balancing and alignment, have to do it on my own this weekend.

Also got an SMS saying they moved to new location Mahadevpura, Bangalore, Now we have two big premises for service here which is good.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 13th February 2018 at 19:49. Reason: NO short forms allowed for cars. Jeep compass not JC. Thanks.
TopSpeeder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2018, 16:59   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Wont be of much use. If you see posts on the internet and maybe some on this forum as well, jeep has responded with justification to the handling charges and has supported the dealers charging it. So unless you really want to take it up legally or otherwise, just live with it if you are bent on buying one.
Here is the reply from Jeep,

As per the FCA guidelines, “The handling / logistics charges are levied by Dealers at their sole discretion, which are neither instructed by, nor levied at the behest of, FCA India directly or indirectly. In the interest of customers, FCA India has requested its Dealers to keep these charges reasonable and in accordance with customary practice and applicable laws.”
aviraj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks