Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2017, 12:59   #691
Senior - BHPian

I actually found the AC fan to be very noisy. Is it me or in general does it make a lot of noise?
Old 10th December 2017, 18:26   #692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishnuk View Post
I also get the same kind of noise in my Compass 2wd. It happens when I take it out every morning and it usually persists till the time I reach office which is about a 30 minute drive from home.

I do understand that its normal for most diesel engines to make this kind of noise when its cold, but what I am not able to understand is how the noise goes off, if I switch off the engine and switch it back on after driving it for just 15 minutes. Going by the cold engine logic, even if I switch the engine off & switch it on, the noise should still be there right?
I have started to live with the cold start engine clatter. But how does the noise go away once you switch off and on the engine? Would be great if someone can throw more light on this. It's a gem of an engine, but the cold start noise reminds me of matador vans whenever I accelerate.
Old 10th December 2017, 22:19   #693
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
I actually found the AC fan to be very noisy. Is it me or in general does it make a lot of noise?
If you go through the official review,I guess it's mentioned there. The first few positions of the fan is ok. If you go higher up it becomes noisy. I'm comfortable with the initial positions for the fan. So the noise doesn't create a problem.
Old 14th December 2017, 15:13   #694
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass sales cross 10,000 units in India in 4 months.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jeepcompasssalesinindia.jpg

Source
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 08:29   #695
Senior - BHPian

According to this article from Auto NDTV, Jeep have announced a price hike to the tune of 4 percent from January.

Quoting from the article,

Quote:
Talking about the price hike from January 1, Kevin Flynn, President and Managing Director, FCA India added, "Customers have appreciated the competitive price positioning of the Jeep Compass since launch. Effective January 1, 2018, prices will increase by 2-4%, except for the entry-level variant, which will be maintained at INR 15.16 lakh (ex-showroom). Jeep will continue to offer a compelling Product and Price package in the New Year."
TorqueyTechie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 09:25   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
According to this article from Auto NDTV, Jeep have announced a price hike to the tune of 4 percent from January.

Quoting from the article,
That's about a lac for the top end which is huge. Sounds cruel. :(
Old 15th December 2017, 10:02   #697
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Damn, the Compass sure leaks like a sieve!!

A reminder that it's best to buy a new car after 1 - 2 years of launch (once the initial niggles are sorted). Jeep had better watch out as people have placed a lot of trust in the brand by spending 20 big ones, and such episodes can damage your name on the street.

After the earlier case I'd reported, here is another leaking Compass. Chetan Mehta shares the following pics with us:

Quote:
This is to inform you about a highly disappointing purchase from an iconic, much publicised and an international brand JEEP.

We purchased the Jeep Compass on 12th December 2017 from Landmark Lifestyle Cars Pvt. Ltd. Mathura Road, Delhi - 4x4 Limited (O). Within 24 hours of purchase, that too in the midst of driving on National Highway-1 near Ambala, the Jeep started leaking oil.

The service centre has opened up the gearbox, clutch & flywheel of the car and found the leaking to be from the main engine seal.
Jeep Compass : Official Review-fullsizerender.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_4393.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_4435.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_4395.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th December 2017 at 11:21.
GTO is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 10:14   #698
Distinguished - BHPian

This seems to be a major lapse in PDI. If the engine was leaking oil, there must have been some dripping or leaking stain marks or some oil on the floor that should have been noticed by the dealership staff. The vehicle was obviously driven from the stockyard to the main dealership. It should have been caught by the cleaning staff. It's a small, single car showroom after all.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 12:31   #699
BHPian

It's worrying that so many quality issues are cropping for Jeep. One is reminded off the infamous US reputation of jeeps. The vehicle depreciates like crazy there. Really hope Jeep is able to get this under control.

If it doesn't improve it will be a double whammy for early adopters. Poor ownership experience and then poor resale too. That will definitely kill the Jeep brand and leave the field wide open for the Hyundai's and Marutis of the world.
Old 15th December 2017, 14:27   #700
Senior - BHPian

Spotted a semi camouflaged Jeep mule early this morning in Pune. The section below the window sill line was camouflaged, while the top part was not. Even the Jeep logo was clearly visible. No pics available as I was on my bike and did not want to stop for that/ could not be bothered

Any idea if this is a new model, perhaps the diesel AT or some cosmetic changes already?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 14:37   #701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Damn, the Compass sure leaks like a sieve!!
Might as well be a stone-hit case. Some people get too carried away by ground clearance of their SUV and think they can drive over every obstacle.
Old 15th December 2017, 16:17   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
It's worrying that so many quality issues are cropping for Jeep. One is reminded off the infamous US reputation of jeeps. The vehicle depreciates like crazy there. Really hope Jeep is able to get this under control.

If it doesn't improve it will be a double whammy for early adopters. Poor ownership experience and then poor resale too. That will definitely kill the Jeep brand and leave the field wide open for the Hyundai's and Marutis of the world.
I had posted on the original Jeep compass thread around the launch time about a report from the US based consumer reports on the poor reliability of Jeep vehicles in general. I was immediately attacked for this with responses such as that report had nothing to do with India, consumer reports don't take into account things like handling, etc.

The fact of the matter is that neither Fiat nor Jeep (Chrysler) are known for great quality or reliability. That same culture exists in their Indian operations too. But Fiat has had average quality in India, which isn't a bad thing. So I would attribute some of the problems with the compass to teething trouble for a new model.

Whatever happens, I do hope that that the compass is a success because we need interesting cars that have emotional appeal.
Motard_Blr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 20:07   #703
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the Jeep dealership saying that the diesel automatic will be launched in Feb. That co -incidentally is the Auto Expo dates.

We may get a launch at the auto expo.

No information on the trims and other specs.

Hope FCA launches this in top spec, with the 4*4 and the 6 airbags.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2017, 20:45   #704
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just got a call from the Jeep dealership saying that the diesel automatic will be launched in Feb. That co -incidentally is the Auto Expo dates.

We may get a launch at the auto expo.

No information on the trims and other specs.

Hope FCA launches this in top spec, with the 4*4 and the 6 airbags.
That will be something. Hope it comes with paddle shifters to make the drive more engaging when we want it to.
Old 15th December 2017, 20:59   #705
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
That will be something. Hope it comes with paddle shifters to make the drive more engaging when we want it to.

Wishful thinking my friend. Have not seen a Compass trim with the paddles. Maybe for the facelift? Fingers crossed, they just need to get the top trim in automatic and they will have my money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks