Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2017, 21:31   #706
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Just got a call from the Jeep dealership saying that the diesel automatic will be launched in Feb. That co -incidentally is the Auto Expo dates.

We may get a launch at the auto expo.
How will FCA launch it at Auto Expo (Presuming) when they are skipping the event ?

Maybe the launch is near, but Auto Expo launch unlikely.

Speaking about Compass, Many have liked it. Nothing different with me, I like it's Design, Engine, Ride & Build. That's it, the rear seat didn't felt right for me, width is an issue. It lacks features which are essential. Also, the price looks a bit high, especially the Limited O 4x4. If I was to pick a variant in the range, it would be Longitude (O).

Good pricing and additional equipment on Diesel Automatic (Hopefully) will make me think of one next year. . Otherwise it'll be the Tuscon.
CarguyNish is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2017, 19:54   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Compass diesel AT review (UK)- miss or hit?

volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:01   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
It's worrying that so many quality issues are cropping for Jeep. One is reminded off the infamous US reputation of jeeps. The vehicle depreciates like crazy there. Really hope Jeep is able to get this under control.

If it doesn't improve it will be a double whammy for early adopters. Poor ownership experience and then poor resale too. That will definitely kill the Jeep brand and leave the field wide open for the Hyundai's and Marutis of the world.

And why shouldn't the Hyundai's and Maruti's of the world hold sway after this kind of ownership experience? I am yet to come across such examples in Hyundai or Maruti cars, yes they are not heavily built but people rarely complain about leakages and other stuff in the Creta's and Ciaz's of the world. Admittedly even Maruti at a certain price point provides well built vehicles like the S-cross , so no point in hiding behind silly excuses. I believe Jeep (FCA) has to get its act together otherwise India will be a closed chapter for them shortly.
Old 19th December 2017, 19:34   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Just got a call from the Jeep dealership saying that the diesel automatic will be launched in Feb. That co -incidentally is the Auto Expo dates.

We may get a launch at the auto expo.

No information on the trims and other specs.

Hope FCA launches this in top spec, with the 4*4 and the 6 airbags.
Local SA told me that the diesel AT would be launched with 4x4 only. But according to him, it would be around 28 lakhs on the road which feels a bit steep.
Old 19th December 2017, 20:17   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
Local SA told me that the diesel AT would be launched with 4x4 only. But according to him, it would be around 28 lakhs on the road which feels a bit steep.

The current Bangalore OTR for the manual 4*4 is around 26.80. Hoping the auto will have an added cruise control, sunroof and a bigger 8.4 inch touch screen unit.

28 lakhs OTR was my anticipated launch price. There is word that FCA would hike prices by 4% in Jan. So not sure what the impact would be on the auto.
Old 20th December 2017, 09:49   #711
BHPian

Quote:

28 lakhs OTR was my anticipated launch price. There is word that FCA would hike prices by 4% in Jan. So not sure what the impact would be on the auto.
The OTR pricing in Coimbatore is about a lakh cheaper than Bangalore. So if the SA has mentioned 28 lakhs OTR in Coimbatore, it will be close to 30 lakhs in Bangalore. I did this comparison of pricing before I picked up the Compass from Bangalore.
In my opinion, at that price it will have to include all the additional features which you have mentioned & some more, otherwise it doesn't come up as a good value proposition.
Old 20th December 2017, 15:54   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ece2k2 View Post
The diesel auto comes with a 9-Speed ZF Transmission. ZF is the same OE supplier to BMW, Jaguar, Volvo, Honda etc. I think this transmission will be atleast 1 lakh premium over the corresponding manual version.

Since the diesel auto is already available in some markets, we can check the price difference between the same diesel versions between the 6-Speed manual and the 9-Speed automatic.
Old 20th December 2017, 16:19   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
The diesel auto comes with a 9-Speed ZF Transmission. ZF is the same OE supplier to BMW, Jaguar, Volvo, Honda etc. I think this transmission will be atleast 1 lakh premium over the corresponding manual version.

Since the diesel auto is already available in some markets, we can check the price difference between the same diesel versions between the 6-Speed manual and the 9-Speed automatic.
Have read that the 9 speed ZF gearbox for Jeep had numerous issues in the past,especially in 2014 and 2015.Hope they are all sorted now.

http://www.jeepproblems.com/trends/9...sion-problems/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz.../#4e39d5831549
Old 20th December 2017, 20:46   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_swift View Post
Have read that the 9 speed ZF gearbox for Jeep had numerous issues in the past,especially in 2014 and 2015.Hope they are all sorted now.
I too recall reading about some issues with the 9-Speed ZF Initially. However, I also read that the delay was to sort out the problems. I wouldn't be too worried as the same 9-Speed is now coming in Honda CRV & Honda Pilot/MRV as well.

The article from Forbes also says "The nine-speed is also used in the 2016 Fiat 500X; 2014–2017 Range Rover Evoque and 2015–2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport, 2015–2016 Honda Pilot, and 2015–2017 Acura TLX, though those models are not – at least not yet – involved in the campaign." .

So looks like it is a Jeep Specific problem, and hope it has been sorted out.
Old 24th December 2017, 07:32   #715
Senior - BHPian

Is it true that the petrol variants of the Jeep Compass are not available until March 2018? I was told by a friend that the Local dealer in Bangalore KHT advises him that the Petrol variants have not been on sale yet and they only begin deliveries by March, although they are taking bookings.
Old 24th December 2017, 13:26   #716
BHPian

Good news:

India-Made Jeep Compass Gets 5 Stars In Australia's ANCAP Crash Test

Quote:
The Jeep Compass was introduced in Australia and New Zealand just early this month, and the ANCAP safety rating applies to all variants built from September 2017. All right-hand-drive compass models are manufactured in India.
https://auto.ndtv.com/news/india-mad...h-test-1791166
Old 24th December 2017, 18:27   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Is it true that the petrol variants of the Jeep Compass are not available until March 2018? I was told by a friend that the Local dealer in Bangalore KHT advises him that the Petrol variants have not been on sale yet and they only begin deliveries by March, although they are taking bookings.
The Limited Petrol AT is certainly available, but it seems the Sport Petrol is not yet reaching dealers.
Old 24th December 2017, 21:50   #718

Hey guys,
With great vanity, I feel excited and quite safe to know that Jeep Compass got the 5 star rating in the Australian NCAP rating.

My Co-brother, who owns the Jeep Compass about which i occasionally write about, took to an off-roading venture at the Vagamon Heights this Christmas weekend with family and has shared with me a few breath-taking shots of the Compass en route atop a hill. This hill has one steep climb, i promise, and it was all too easy for the Compass he says!

It may sound a bit "rodomontade", but can't help it. The excitement was over the top. Had to share it with you guys.

A special mention to the Isuzu D-max V-cross and the Mahindra Pick-up truck that took to the challenge without breaking a sweat!

Courtesy my doctor co-brother.
Attached Thumbnails
Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0384m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0385m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0388m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0418m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0396m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0398m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0399m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0400m.jpg  

Jeep Compass : Official Review-dsc_0419m.jpg  

theREDcamero is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 26th December 2017, 11:40   #719
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the FHT Prime Jeep showroom in Yeshwantpur, Bangalore last Sunday. My Uncle is on the look out for a SUV and wanted to check the Jeep Compass out before finalizing. He had the S-Cross/Creta/Duster/Captur/XUV 500 on his list apart from the Jeep Compass.

Some pictures from our visit to the Jeep showroom: KHT Prime

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_141903_hdr.jpg
Jeep Showroom

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142119_hdr.jpg
Boot Space

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142135_hdr.jpg
Sufficient LegRoom at the Rear

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142149_hdr.jpg
Luxurious Front Seats

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142224_hdr.jpg
GearBox

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142320_hdr.jpg
Steering Wheel

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142455_hdr.jpg
Engine Bay

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_142558_hdr.jpg
Front View of the 7 Slot Grille

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_143304_hdr.jpg
Showroom View

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_145125_hdr.jpg
Side Profile

Jeep Compass : Official Review-20171224_145140_hdr.jpg
The Test Drive vehicles parked outside

Contrary to what has been said about the rear seat space, we found it to be more than sufficient for our needs. The Sales rep explained the features well and also recommended that we go for the Limited 4x2 and not the Limited 4x2 (O) as it was not worth the extra 1 Lakh for just the Bi-Xenon Headlamps and Dual tone roof which he said can be easily done after market at a much lower price. The drive was good and my Uncle liked the Jeep Compass and is planning to go for it early next year (Feb-Mar 2018 time frame). There is an expected price hike of 3% from Jan 2018 - so we should see the revised price list in a week's time.
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 22:40   #720
Distinguished - BHPian

Pete's Tuned Jeep Compass
Power : 200 HP
Torque : 420 NM
Jeep Compass : Official Review-fb_img_1514394491219.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...06400662749873

I believe this is the first Compass remapped in India
Dr.Naren is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed