Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2018, 18:01   #871
BANNED

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Looks like FCA has also decided to join the 'no more diesels' bandwagon:

https://www.cartoq.com/fiat-jeep-to-...-suvs-says-ft/

So, will we see only petrol offerings in future? If yes, then better Jeep get us a petrol hybrid.
Old 1st March 2018, 00:01   #872
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Looks like FCA has also decided to join the 'no more diesels' bandwagon:

https://www.cartoq.com/fiat-jeep-to-...-suvs-says-ft/

So, will we see only petrol offerings in future? If yes, then better Jeep get us a petrol hybrid.
That would mean no more FCA and Jeep in India terms. Fiat survives in India on diesel engines it sells in India. A petrol SUV in India
Old 1st March 2018, 07:30   #873
BHPian

ECU flash update
They call it power train control module re programming

First impressions

Diesel clutter is gone
Smoother drive
Improved fuel efficiency

Some have even told that the sudden stoppage in second gear has gone. Well, I'm not sure about this since I didn't have that problem except in the initial couple of weeks of ownership
jojoinassi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 14:26   #874
BHPian

With the update of FCA stopping diesel engines in 2022, does it make sense to buy Jeep Compass over Innova Crysta ( I am confused between buying either) ?
Old 1st March 2018, 14:36   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8763 View Post
With the update of FCA stopping diesel engines in 2022, does it make sense to buy Jeep Compass over Innova Crysta ( I am confused between buying either) ?

These 2 cars are from different segments. Compass is a smallish SUV whereas Innova is a 7 seater MUV. I think you should first think about your requirement and define your need. Jeep vs Innova will come at a later stage. Just my thoughts...

Further, FCA stopping diesel manufacturing in 2022 should not stop you from buying Jeep. Firstly, 2022 is still some time away and this stopping will not happen in India so quickly. This will be implemented in the developed and larger markets first rather than Indian market. Secondly, only manufacturing of new diesel engines will be stopped but this should not effect your service etc. Finally, this trend is bound to happen across all manufacturers and is natural progression of the industry. This is the decade to enjoy your ICEs before these drive out into the sun... (for the better, i think)
mathuranuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 21:42   #876

Quote:
Originally Posted by theREDcamero View Post
Thank you for the interest sir,

This issue characteristically presents itself in cold-engine starts alone. we had not noticed this issue for the first couple of weeks, may be due to the fact that we were getting to know the character of the car gradually or may be due to the fact that we dealt with the gas pedal rather gently until then. Once we start the drive and work up through the gears, in about a minute, a clatter unveils from the engine bay region which gradually get louder and once we get to the top gears the rpm gets glued to the 1800 range even if we floor the accelerator. neither does it get beyond that rpm in the same gear with full throttle open, nor is any visual command in the MID to downshift. this is the usual pattern.
Hey friends,

VERY GLAD to inform you all that the monkey is off the back!
The cold-engine issue we had is quite rightly resolved with the new ECU firmware update. Gone are the clatter and the nagging turbo spool issues.
Now its normal business everyday.
Thanks to the JEEP Support, from all the diverse places we had them from.
The procedure took under 30 minutes at the FCA centre in Thrissur and the next trial run gave us all a smile of vanity and content, for, it took some perseverance to get till the end of this concern.

NB- Sorry for some delay in the update.

Cheers
theREDcamero.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 2nd March 2018 at 05:43. Reason: Trimmed long post quote.
theREDcamero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:45   #877
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathuranuj View Post
Further, FCA stopping diesel manufacturing in 2022 should not stop you from buying Jeep...

..Finally, this trend is bound to happen across all manufacturers and is natural progression of the industry. This is the decade to enjoy your ICEs before these drive out into the sun... (for the better, i think)
Slightly depressing to think ICEs last decade . Hopefully I should be able to get my hands on a new diesel engined vehicle soon.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2018 at 20:18. Reason: Trimming quoted post for improved readability
Old 3rd March 2018, 21:47   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is Jeep Compass sales going the wrong direction? Production constraints?

Jeep Compass : Official Review-jp.jpg
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:04   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Probably because it's out of the honeymoon period and sales is stabilizing between 1800-2000 units. Just guessing here.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:23   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1) Could be because of apprehensions around the quality issues that plagued the car recently, albeit being addressed by the company? This may be one of the psychological factors affecting the potential customers questioning the quality of the vehicle?

2) Are they waiting for trailhawk?

3) like one of our friend in the above post said, could be stabilising now after a thunderous response post the launch that was more or less similar to that of Creta.

Perhaps the market gurus in the forum can shed some light regarding the declines in the trend.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th March 2018 at 20:17. Reason: Removing attachment link
Old 3rd March 2018, 23:25   #881
BHPian

Quote:
Still a commendable number considering they just have 64 dealers pan India! Does any manufacturer selling a car below 20 lakh match them in this?
Old 4th March 2018, 09:38   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
ECU flash update
They call it power train control module re programming

First impressions

Diesel clutter is gone
Smoother drive
Improved fuel efficiency

Some have even told that the sudden stoppage in second gear has gone. Well, I'm not sure about this since I didn't have that problem except in the initial couple of weeks of ownership
Got mine also updated a few days back and the difference is quite substantial. Earlier there was quite a lot of turbo lag between 1400-2000. Now that is almost gone entirely and there is very little turbo lag now. The clatter also is a little lesser now, but the weather is also not as cold nowadays so that could also be a factor.
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 12:40   #883
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
Probably because it's out of the honeymoon period and sales is stabilizing between 1800-2000 units. Just guessing here.
Well, I had registered for a Compass test drive at the launch, I got a call yesterday [after 7 months] asking if I am still interested in the car. I asked him to get the car for a test drive first and then we will talk.
Old 5th March 2018, 13:53   #884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the picture will be complete only if we know the export numbers as well. The Jeep Compass launch in Australia seems to have been in Dec 2017 and UK launch was in February 2018. It may be a case of diverting more units to export. Of course, demand may also be slowing down in the domestic market.
StarrySky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 16:46   #885
BHPian

I had booked the blue Compass AT a month back but still my sales advisor cannot confirm when I will receive it.He is only stating that red AT is available and the blue color has not been allocated till now.

Would really be grateful if anyone can let me know whether and how can I escalate this.

Is there anyway to get a definitive timeline by which I would receive the car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks