Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2021, 14:27   #2281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Guys guys guys, need urgent help from fellow Jeepers. I've noticed a certain cat has been jumping all over my less than 2 month old Compass including on the Sun roof.

Would a cover help against the cat's claws?

Need suggestions for a good quality cover that doesn't break the bank.

Look for TPH covers. They have some great ones for different purposes. I use these covers for both my cars. I carry them when I go outstation as I always do not get covered parking.

They have some covers for animal protection.

https://www.tphcovers.com/

TPH covers Pranish +91 7820-088808

Call him and haggle. You will get a good price.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 18:40   #2282
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Compass has an original Car Cover accessory available at dealer. Its really good and reasonably priced. I think it was around 3k but I am not sure. I got it as part of the deal when I bought the Compass. Kindly check with your dealer.

The dealer quoted me 4500. A bit overpriced, I feel.
Old 26th January 2021, 18:41   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Look for TPH covers. They have some great ones for different purposes. I use these covers for both my cars. I carry them when I go outstation as I always do not get covered parking.

They have some covers for animal protection.

https://www.tphcovers.com/

TPH covers Pranish +91 7820-088808

Call him and haggle. You will get a good price.

Checked the website, the listed prices are very discouraging. Will take your advice and call, but how low will they go for a cover priced at 12-13k?
Old 28th January 2021, 10:02   #2284
Senior - BHPian

Folks who have a Jeep, please confirm when is the first service for the Compass. Is it 6 months or 1 year from date of sale. I am not getting this information clearly from the dealer.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:04   #2285
BHPian

Quote:
Folks who have a Jeep, please confirm when is the first service for the Compass. Is it 6 months or 1 year from date of sale. I am not getting this information clearly from the dealer.
There is a general checkup at 6 months (or 6.5K). The full fledged first service is at 1 year (or 15K KMs). This is for Petrol but even for diesel variants interval remains the same but max KMs may vary. These are clearly mentioned in the manual, you can please refer to it.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:05   #2286
BANNED

Quote:
Anticipatory bail alert : I don't own a compass.
I believe you can get this information from the car manual provided by the company. It should contain all the details including when each service happens and what all will be changed.
Old 28th January 2021, 11:14   #2287
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The first service is just a general checkup and alignment at first 6 months/5000kms. Regular service with oil and filter change etc is only at 1 year/ 15000km intervals.
Old 28th January 2021, 14:02   #2288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
The first service is just a general checkup and alignment at first 6 months/5000kms. Regular service with oil and filter change etc is only at 1 year/ 15000km intervals.
Thanks, appreciate your help. I have the first one scheduled next week.
Old 28th January 2021, 17:58   #2289
BHPian

Quote:
Is the alignment included in the free check-up or charged extra?
Old 28th January 2021, 18:19   #2290
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I read in multiple forums that they push alignment, stating warranty would void if we don't do it at the service center. Otherwise I believe its a customary check of everything as Behemoth mentioned.
Old 28th January 2021, 18:58   #2291
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is chargeable and they do charge for alignment. They will also try to push for other extras like interior cleaning and engine cleaning etc which you can politely deny.
Old 28th January 2021, 20:03   #2292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is chargeable and they do charge for alignment. They will also try to push for other extras like interior cleaning and engine cleaning etc which you can politely deny.
My car has done only 1400 kms and its cleaner than when it was delivered. Let's see what they have to say on all these extras. I will update after the service. Thanks all.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 12:43   #2293
BHPian

Quote:
I just got my one year service done two weeks back. What they charge for - oil change, oil filter change, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, air filter change, cabin air filter change, windshield washer fluid, AC cleaning, Interior and exterior cleaning.
Old 29th January 2021, 15:21   #2294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrules View Post
I just got my one year service done two weeks back. What they charge for - oil change, oil filter change, wheel alignment, wheel balancing, air filter change, cabin air filter change, windshield washer fluid, AC cleaning, Interior and exterior cleaning.
How much did they charge for all these items. Also how much time did they take. Is it practical to stay at the service station while they do the service.
Old 30th January 2021, 08:06   #2295
BHPian

Quote:
Folks who have a Jeep, please confirm when is the first service for the Compass.
6 months is a general check up. It's just a couple of hours work and if so preferred, there is an option to stay on at the owners lounge near the service area and checkout the work (atleast where I did, at KHT Bangalore) when it was done. No charges, except for optional things like disinfection of car, A/C vents, silencer coating etc and actuals if any, for fluid top ups. With the optional add ons, it came around 4.8k for me. The first year service is at 15k kms or a year after delivery. I recently did the service, total cost was Rs.9463/. They do charge for wheel alignment, around Rs. 900. Lion's share of cost is oil replacement, followed by charges for consumables like replacement filters (oil, air, cabin air), a/c disinfectant & vents cleaning as well as engine lacquering. And off course, the taxes. I found the total cost (considering it's a yearly service cycle) of just under 10k to be a reasonable one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks