Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2021, 13:33   #2401
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
Thanks, but does seem that some limited stock available. But colour choices are limited
Yes, it looks like they are just off-loading the remaining stock that they have of the anniversary edition, if any.
Old 6th April 2021, 18:56   #2402
BHPian

There’s only ONE auto brand that tolls in India recognise and it’s Jeep

Jeep Compass : Official Review-0b816cffd1364e8fa40d4d8c363cbc7b.jpeg
fast&curious is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 22:06   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Really sad state of affairs, marketing and selling a true blue SUV with 4x4 and off-roading capabilities but putting HT tyres on them.
You have company. Toyota Fortuner 4wd comes with HT tyres as OE and the RWD variant comes with AT tyres. Can it get any more bizarre?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Their answer was for offroading please buy Trailhawk that comes with AT tyres 😂
Then why sell other variants in 4wd at all!
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 12:16   #2404
BHPian

Hello Fellow Jeepers,

I'll be getting delivery of my Jeep compass (4x4 Diesel AT) within next one week or so from Landmark Jeep Mathura Road. Sales person was insisting on buying accessories & PPF from showroom itself. I wanted to understand following points based on your experience:

1. Is it worth doing PPF coating on whole car. Cost looks to be bomb, my SA quoted 100K, 150K INR for two variants of PPF (He didn't know details!). My usual run is in Noida itself on relatively uncrowded roads. If PPF is required, what is your recommendation in NCR, from where to get it, what will be cost involved?

2. What accessories are good @Landmark (Mopar accessories) as compared to after market accessories - They showed me Anti theft wheel nuts (INR 6.3K for 4 nuts ), Floor matts, body cover etc. Which ones do you suggest I should buy from showroom itself?

3. When I asked for my requirement of doing PDI before registration, my SA agreed but cautioned me that Yard is in Faridabad at not so nice location, so be prepared for long drive from Noida and dusty environment. Do you recommend doing a detailed PDI before registration OR Landmark Mathura road can be trusted?

I am excited to be part of Jeepers community, after the delivery looking forward to be part of WhatsApp group(s) of NCR jeepers.
Old 11th April 2021, 14:39   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Hello Fellow Jeepers,

I'll be getting delivery of my Jeep compass (4x4 Diesel AT) within next one week or so from Landmark Jeep Mathura Road. Sales person was insisting on buying accessories & PPF from showroom itself. I wanted to understand following points based on your experience:

1. Is it worth doing PPF coating on whole car. Cost looks to be bomb, my SA quoted 100K, 150K INR for two variants of PPF (He didn't know details!). My usual run is in Noida itself on relatively uncrowded roads. If PPF is required, what is your recommendation in NCR, from where to get it, what will be cost involved?

2. What accessories are good @Landmark (Mopar accessories) as compared to after market accessories - They showed me Anti theft wheel nuts (INR 6.3K for 4 nuts ), Floor matts, body cover etc. Which ones do you suggest I should buy from showroom itself?

3. When I asked for my requirement of doing PDI before registration, my SA agreed but cautioned me that Yard is in Faridabad at not so nice location, so be prepared for long drive from Noida and dusty environment. Do you recommend doing a detailed PDI before registration OR Landmark Mathura road can be trusted?

I am excited to be part of Jeepers community, after the delivery looking forward to be part of WhatsApp group(s) of NCR jeepers.
Congratulations on your new Compass. Wish you many many miles of fun and adventure with it. What is the color?

PPF costs a lot of money. You could try doing it in select parts of the car (like bumper, bonnet, fenders etc) to reduce the cost impact. Would suggest you get it done from 3M outlets. There is one in Noida.

The MOPAR rubber slush mats are very good- sugegst you take that for sure. For rest of the accessories- there are cheaper options available outside.

Detailed PDI is highly recommended. Make that effort if you can.

Once you get the vehicle do ping me, or Behemoth, and we can get you added to the NCR whatsapp group.

Congratulations once again!
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 15:08   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
Congratulations on your new Compass. Wish you many many miles of fun and adventure with it. What is the color?

Congratulations once again!
Thanks a lot! Mine is Techno Green. Thank you for the pointers, I'll visit 3M Noida & take Mopar rubber mats. I'll DM my number once I get my vehicle delivered.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 20:45   #2407
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a question for all those that have booked a compass or recently got one. What did you guys do about the logistics/handling charges that the dealers are asking for? The pricelist my SA sent me included 23800 as logistics charges and since it's getting close to getting the car now, I was wondering what to do about it. I have read a couple of times on various threads that these sorts of charges are illegal? Could somebody shed some light on it? Is it ok for them to charge it? If not, how do I get them removed?
Old 12th April 2021, 12:14   #2408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Hi guys,

I have a question for all those that have booked a compass or recently got one. What did you guys do about the logistics/handling charges that the dealers are asking for? The pricelist my SA sent me included 23800 as logistics charges and since it's getting close to getting the car now, I was wondering what to do about it. I have read a couple of times on various threads that these sorts of charges are illegal? Could somebody shed some light on it? Is it ok for them to charge it? If not, how do I get them removed?
I booked with Skymoto Pune, they had 10k as depot charges which they are ready to waive for me.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 01:18   #2409

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
There’s only ONE auto brand that tolls in India recognise and it’s Jeep

Attachment 2141429
Hahaha...
And when the toll display shows car/jeep xx amount, my wife says ‘their system is very smart, they even show which car is passing by’ 😅😂
Old 13th April 2021, 01:28   #2410

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Hello Fellow Jeepers,

Congratulations for your new car. This car will bring wide smile on your face when you glide it on highways at 100 kmph with the needle hanging just at 1.5K rpm.

I got my Diesel AT 2 months back. And I think overall it is a great car.

Regarding accessory, please dont miss the floor mat. They are extremely good and worth the money. A soft and thick rubber has been used to make them, which helps in reducing vibration (which we get a lot in diesels AT around 2K rpm).
Also if you need dog hammock, pleas get them from jeep. It costs around 2K, and are perfect fit for the car.
Iceman33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 01:34   #2411

Fellow Jeepers, I was wondering what all accessories/ new parts from 2021 jeep can be fitted in 2020 Jeep as an upgrade. Any Idea about this?
I am specifically interested in upgrading halogen headlamps to projector setup.
Old 13th April 2021, 20:18   #2412
BHPian

Hello All,

I'm searching for second hand Jeep Compass Petrol AT. I have few questions from the owners:
1. How is the maintenance of Jeep Compass. Is it on a costly side? Like INR 20000 per service per year?
2. How is the cost of spares of this wonderful SUV?
3. 13L for a 3 year 40K SUV is a fair price or should try to bargain more?

Do let me know your thoughts as this will help me take a decision on buying Jeep Compass.

Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 21:15   #2413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello All,

I'm searching for second hand Jeep Compass Petrol AT. I have few questions from the owners:
1. How is the maintenance of Jeep Compass. Is it on a costly side? Like INR 20000 per service per year?

Do let me know your thoughts as this will help me take a decision on buying Jeep Compass.

Thanks
Hi Harpreet
I have a diesel Manual JC (mine is among the first ownership threads here).
I dont know about Petrol AT but Diesel service cost is around 13k (without all the unnecessary services that they try to upsell).
Petrol should be similar if not a little lesser.
Service interval is 1 year/ 15000km

So far in close to 3.7 years, I haven't had any failure apart from battery which I got replaced from outside. From what I know about spares, they are not too expensive and are decent.

On price, try to find multiple options and then get the best deal. I will also check with our NCR Jeep group and let you know if anyone is interested to sell.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th April 2021 at 06:18. Reason: Typo
Behemoth is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 21:25   #2414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Hi Harpreet
I have a diesel Manual JC (mine is among the first ownership threads here).
I dont know about Petrol AT but Diesel service cost is around 13k (without all the unnecessary services that they try to upsell).
Petrol should be similar if not a little lesser.
Service interval is 1 year/ 15000km

So far in close to 3.7 years, I haven't had any failure apart from battery which I got replaced from outside. From what I know about spares, they are not too expensive and are decent.

On price, try to find multiple options and then get the best deal. I will also check with our NCR Jeep group and let you know if anyone is interested to sell.
Thanks for such a detailed reply. Really appreciate. Thanks a lot for checking from NCR Jeep group and letting me know in case somebody is really looking out to sell their Jeep Compass Petrol AT. Will eagerly await a possibility to buy one. Thanks again,

Last edited by Aditya : 14th April 2021 at 06:18. Reason: Quoted text edited
Old 14th April 2021, 12:45   #2415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Hello All,

Thanks
Right, I have a 2 year old Compass petrol automatic, so let me fill you in some of the details that you have requested-

1. Maintenance- my first service (15k kms) cost 6k. My 2nd service is due next month- expect it to be below 10k. In general the service costs for petrols is around 10k, unless there is some component replacement (like brake pads etc). As Behemoth also mentioned, the service center will always try to upsell optional services that we can avoid

2. This is a very sturdy car. Cost of spares is generally reasonable for a premium SUV brand such as Jeep

3. What variant are you getting for 13L? Is that a Limited, Limited Option or Limited Plus? That info will help putting the price in perspective.
achyutaghosh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks