Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2021, 11:39   #2296
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Have they not replaced fuel filter during service. I think it costs more than 3k. This is why your sevice cost came below 10 k
Old 30th January 2021, 15:19   #2297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
How much did they charge for all these items. Also how much time did they take. Is it practical to stay at the service station while they do the service.
It takes around 2 hours. You can wait and get it unless you stay very close to the service station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep500 View Post
Have they not replaced fuel filter during service. I think it costs more than 3k. This is why your sevice cost came below 10 k
For the 15K Kms servicing, with fuel filter it comes around 10K only. I paid around 9800/- (this was in 2019). From 30K Kms servicing, they add a labor/service charge of around 4K.
Old 30th January 2021, 20:28   #2298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It takes around 2 hours. You can wait and get it unless you stay very close to the service station.

For the 15K Kms servicing, with fuel filter it comes around 10K only. I paid around 9800/- (this was in 2019). From 30K Kms servicing, they add a labor/service charge of around 4K.
Thank you very much, I will keep these things in mind. The service centre is almost 30 kms from my place so I guess I will wait there itself.
Old 31st January 2021, 19:42   #2299
BHPian

Hi Jeepers, need your help again. I’m for a phone mount for my Compass 2020. Not too keen on using an AC vent mount because it not only chills the phone, the phone also blocks a lot of cool air from reaching me.

So something that’s not hamper the visibility, yet small and compact and doesn’t come in my way. In my previous car I used Siltree magnetic mount and it was just really good. Very inconspicuous yet effective. And since I had place to stick it on the dashboard it allowed me to charge the phone as well.

With the compass I can’t find any spot on the dashboard, yet I’ll need something around the centre console because I’d have to keep the wire attached.
Old 31st January 2021, 19:59   #2300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Hi Jeepers, need your help again. I’m for a phone mount for my Compass 2020. Not too keen on using an AC vent mount because it not only chills the phone, the phone also blocks a lot of cool air from reaching me.

So something that’s not hamper the visibility, yet small and compact and doesn’t come in my way. In my previous car I used Siltree magnetic mount and it was just really good. Very inconspicuous yet effective. And since I had place to stick it on the dashboard it allowed me to charge the phone as well.

With the compass I can’t find any spot on the dashboard, yet I’ll need something around the centre console because I’d have to keep the wire attached.
I am using a magnetic flush mount - it is basically just a strong magnet which holds the phone. I have installed it on the glossy part below the Touchscreen and generally keep the phone there Horizontally. I am using a brand called Scosche (ironically it has become very expensive now! But it is quite good)
You can check out another product which is also rated highly.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089G67DG5/...NFBP4PBQ474FG0
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 21:16   #2301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I am using a magnetic flush mount - it is basically just a strong magnet which holds the phone. I have installed it on the glossy part below the Touchscreen and generally keep the phone there Horizontally. I am using a brand called Scosche (ironically it has become very expensive now! But it is quite good)
You can check out another product which is also rated highly.
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B089G67DG5/...NFBP4PBQ474FG0
Thanks @Behemoth, in my earlier car I had an almost identical mount. But I just can’t figure out where to stick it without the phone coming in the way of either the touch screen or the various buttons in the centre console. My phone’s plus sized so the size is also a bit of an issue.

I’m going to try again tomorrow and see how it fits horizontally. Thanks again. Cheers!
fast&curious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 13:46   #2302
BHPian

Hi Jeepers!!!,

I recently bought a 2020 JC Longitude + Diesel AT and was looking for some accessories for it. In case you guys have acquired the same accessories, would request you to kindly share from where you acquired it and the approximate range I should prepared for.

1. Seat Covers: I love the light and dark grey colour scheme of the seats ( I know they can be a pain to maintain) but what I hate is the patch of fabric in the middle. It is still easier to clean the Leatherette than the light fabric. I was looking for an all leather or Leatherette seat cover with a perfect fit. I am curently based in Kolkata and would like to get it installed here.

2. LED DRL - Is it possible to swap the bulb of the DRL from halogen to white LED? or does the whole piece needs to be replaced. If someone has done this, then request you to please share the pics, source and price.

3. I wanted to swap out the interior yellow lights for white ones. Has anyone does this? Which one and how much and from where.

4. PPF/Ceramic Coating: Since the car is White in colour, PPF is out of question I guess. But when it comes to ceramic coating, which is the best brand to go in for and if any Kolkata guys can suggest a good place for the same. Also does it make sense to go in for ceramic coating or a regular teflon coat should be good.
Old 2nd February 2021, 17:25   #2303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoop cheeran View Post
6 months is a general check up. It's just a couple of hours work and if so preferred, there is an option to stay on at the owners lounge near the service area and checkout the work (atleast where I did, at KHT Bangalore) when it was done. No charges, except for optional things like disinfection of car, A/C vents, silencer coating etc and actuals if any, for fluid top ups. With the optional add ons, it came around 4.8k for me. The first year service is at 15k kms or a year after delivery. I recently did the service, total cost was Rs.9463/. They do charge for wheel alignment, around Rs. 900. Lion's share of cost is oil replacement, followed by charges for consumables like replacement filters (oil, air, cabin air), a/c disinfectant & vents cleaning as well as engine lacquering. And off course, the taxes. I found the total cost (considering it's a yearly service cycle) of just under 10k to be a reasonable one.
The charges quoted are very very reasonable. I got my JC Longitude Diesel's 1st servicing done in the month of Oct 20. I was charged a cool 18.5k for the same work as mentioned by you. Do service charges differ from dealer to dealer?
kaps1311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2021, 19:22   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps1311 View Post
I was charged a cool 18.5k for the same work as mentioned by you. Do service charges differ from dealer to dealer?
So I did a little ask around in few Jeep forums am part of, to reply to this question. The average figure I got is between 9k to 13k for 1st service. The 13k is depending on (non-must-have) add ons like silencer coating and/or interior deep cleaning etc. The figure quoted by you does seem higher than the average, unless no specific repairs or part replacements were asked for and provided.
Old 5th February 2021, 10:38   #2305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
How much did they charge for all these items. Also how much time did they take. Is it practical to stay at the service station while they do the service.
Charges mentioned below -
Oil change - Rs. 3036
Oil filter change - Rs. 708
Wheel alignment - Rs. 944
Wheel balancing - Rs. 826
Air filter change - Rs. 767
Cabin air filter change - Rs. 514
Windshield washer fluid - Rs. 598 (2 bottles)
AC cleaning - Rs. 950
Interior cleaning - Rs. 958
Exterior cleaning - Rs. 399

I gave car in the afternoon and got it back the next day since I had opted for home pickup and drop.
Old 6th February 2021, 10:59   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Hi Jeepers, need your help again. I’m for a phone mount for my Compass 2020.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
I am using a magnetic flush mount - it is basically just a strong magnet which holds the phone. I have installed it on the glossy part below the Touchscreen and generally keep the phone there Horizontally.
Hi fats&curious and Behemoth,

Just curious, why do you need/have phone to be mounted? For maps, I use the compass inbuilt screen via android auto; and in case I have to make a call while driving I use voice commands and android auto obliges. So far I have not needed the phone screen to be touched and I keep my phone down in the bay. Am I missing something?
Old 8th February 2021, 08:59   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Perusing through the thread I noticed that almost all Jeep owners have reported a few squeaks and rattles. Especially the dashboard, front A pillar area and the doors.

My vehicle is no different and I have experienced the same. I am surprised with the consistency of the rattles in almost every Jeep and that too from the same areas.

Did you folks get these rattles fixed and were they addressed properly.

Do advise if these can be fixed and how or if they should be left as it is.

Apologize for the back to back posts. Wanted to share the DEF consumption figures for the BS6 Compass.

I recently completed a 722 kilometers trip and before the start I topped up the DEF to thr brim. On my return I again topped it to check. It took 2 litres of DEF to bring it upto the brim. So using the tank full method the consumption seems like 1 litre for every 361 kms. With a 13 litre DEF Tank the range works out to be around 4693 kms.

DEF supplied by Jeep is Velvex brand and cost around Rs. 485 for a 5 litre can. So guys do keep a couple of them at home.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th February 2021 at 10:25. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 18:23   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by di1in View Post
I got this error today morning, it didn’t show up with the usual speed sensor errors. Does anybody know what it could be?

“SERV 4WD”
This got diagnosed.

The system showed the SERV 4WD error one day but then forgot it by the end of the day for some strange reason. More than a month later, we spotted a little bit of oil under the rear of the car.

Hyson Jeep came over to pick up the vehicle two days ago. They called today to say that the differential unit at the rear which takes care of 4WD had a "minute leak". They can't fix it, so need to replace the unit. They're estimating around 1 lac for it. A surveyor went by and said that it can be fixed under the extended warranty.
di1in is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 22:05   #2309
Senior - BHPian

Completed the first 6 months free inspection today at PPS Motors. They fixed the couple of rattles and the car is now silent. Apart from that they did wheel alignment and some 25 point check. A laptop was plugged in and various parameters were checked and data collected ans uploaded to FCA.

A small nail was discovered in the rear left tyre which was promptly removed and fixed with a puncture kit.

I also bought a spare DEF can to keep at home.

Overall a satisfying experience.

Total expenses were Rs. 614, this includes 486 for DEF, 48 for Disposable covers used to cover seats while servicing and 80 for the puncture fix.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 14:43   #2310
BHPian

This is not exactly a post that pertains to a new Compass, but thought of putting it here for more visibility.

I was considering a pre-owned Jeep Compass, petrol or diesel(haven't decided although daily run is not much). Most 2-3 year old pre-owned Compasses have usually done more than 50k-60k kms. My question is, how bad does the maintenance get post 60k kms especially when it comes to replacing high-priced components. Of course, I'll try to look for one that has run less but 60k km will come soon even if it has lower numbers on the odometer.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks