Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2021, 22:56   #2386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. Can you help me understand the usage of dash cam? From what I understand 1) Helps with evidence in case of an accident 2) Capture beautiful driving shots

1. What is Parking Mode useful for?
2. Do I need GPS module?

There are 2 70mais on Amazon.

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

Which one would you recommend?

Also, I hate hanging/dangling wires. I hope, it can be fitted without harming the internal looks and it stays that way over time.

I like TPMS but I don't want another display on the dash. I was planning to get this

I got a car cover for my Polo which is unused. I have a good basement parking space however this year had to stay in my home town where it was parked on the Road however I forgot my car cover in Bangalore. Is there a cheaper alternative or should I buy the one offered by Jeep?
Your reasons for having a Dash cam are correct. Additionally if Parking Mode is enabled them it can record video while your car is parked and someone messes with it, useful if your parking area is susceptible to people fiddling with your car.

Option 1 is the one without GPS. So it won't record location and speed information with the video.

Option 2 does the above things as it has an inbuilt GPS.

I would suggest Option 2.

Regarding wiring, there are two ways. First you can power it using the supplied Cigarette Lighter Adapter and route the wire through the A Pillar and then across the roof lining till it reached the rear view mirror. Then you can bring it down and plug it in. It comes out quite neatly provided the installation is done correctly and diligently.

Second option is to hard wire it using a Fuse Tap adapter. You will need to reach through to the Fuse box which I understand is beside the Glove Box towards the door. I have never opened that area. Rest of the wire routing will remain the same.

I would suggest using the cigarette lighter adapter.

Also buy from 70mai.in as they are cheaper than Amazon. Disclaimer: They claim to be offical 70 Dealers for India. I have never bought from them , although I plan to buy from them soon. I have no association with them whatsoever.

Last edited by Traveler : 30th March 2021 at 22:59.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2021, 20:41   #2387
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Well if you frequently drive around dusty roads, you will keep getting it. I have been facing the same in my Octavia and now X1 as well. When you get a good water service done, it cleans up the dust around the pads and the squealing noise stops only to come back after a few days of run on dusty roads. Unfortunately, Bangalore is cursed with bad roads and there is no way I can avoid this. The phenomenon also occurs when you do long trips for few days without a wash.
Thanks for pointing this out, the last 100m approach road to my society is now just dry mud/sand due to some pipework being done. I got the car thoroughly washed, especially the wheels and the noise went away.
Old 1st April 2021, 20:45   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman33 View Post
Guys, I recently brought 4X4 automatic. Done some 2K so far, mostly on highways.

Planning to go to Spiti this summer but really worried about the low ground clearance.

Can someone suggest solution to this GC problem? One way could be adding some steel underpinnings. Any reference for a good mechanic to do that in Delhi?
As Behemoth mentioned, the Compass should easily make it to Spiti.
I had a question though. What OEM tire came with your Limited Variant. Only thing to consider is if you plan to do serious off roading there on HT tyres. Otherwise for a regular Spiti run you need not bother.
Old 2nd April 2021, 09:54   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
As Behemoth mentioned, the Compass should easily make it to Spiti.
I had a question though. What OEM tire came with your Limited Variant. Only thing to consider is if you plan to do serious off roading there on HT tyres. Otherwise for a regular Spiti run you need not bother.
Apologize for butting in. I also have 4x4 Limited Plus and it comes with Bridgestone Turanza T01 tyres. The size is 225/55 R18 . Unfortunately there is no AT tyre available in this size in India at present.

The stock tyres are not at all capable of going off-road. The low profile will result is sidewall getting ripped apart incl case of rocky terrain.

I took it up with FCA too but did not get any satisfactory answer. They were just beating about the bush and said that for off-roading one should buy the trailhawk.

When I pointed out that even the Trailhawk came with Firestone HT tyres, they never replied. Infact I had to correct them that Trailhawk came with HT tyres whereas they were claiming it came with AT tyres.

Really sad state of affairs, marketing and selling a true blue SUV with 4x4 and off-roading capabilities but putting HT tyres on them.
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:07   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
When I pointed out that even the Trailhawk came with Firestone HT tyres, they never replied. Infact I had to correct them that Trailhawk came with HT tyres whereas they were claiming it came with AT tyres.

Really sad state of affairs, marketing and selling a true blue SUV with 4x4 and off-roading capabilities but putting HT tyres on them.

Are you sure? Because the New Compass' brochure says that all variants come with AT tyres. This includes the Firestones.
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:18   #2391
Senior - BHPian

If they have changed to AT then Kudos to them. However I highly doubt it. As far as I know there is no AT tyre available in 225/55 R18 in India. I checked just this week.
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:21   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Are you sure? Because the New Compass' brochure says that all variants come with AT tyres. This includes the Firestones.
I just checked the brochure. It says All Season Tyres and not All Terrain Tyres. It's the same as earlier. No AT tyres.

All season tyres are not AT, these are normal tyres. Infact all tyres sold in India are mostly All Season. We don't have Special Winter Tyres which are needed for sub zero temperatures and are used in colder countries.

Last edited by Traveler : 2nd April 2021 at 10:22.
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:26   #2393
Senior - BHPian

My bad. That was a sorry miss on my part. This is clearly a cost cutting measure I guess. But I want to understand this better. If there is no AT tyre available in India for that size, will Jeep need to out of their way to source such tyres/import them? If yes, will they not land themselves in a soup due to the import ban or any import issues?
Old 2nd April 2021, 10:38   #2394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
My bad. That was a sorry miss on my part. This is clearly a cost cutting measure I guess. But I want to understand this better. If there is no AT tyre available in India for that size, will Jeep need to out of their way to source such tyres/import them? If yes, will they not land themselves in a soup due to the import ban or any import issues?
There are capable manufactures in India who can easily make these tyres. The issue is Jeep should be willing to sign up with them. MRF Wanderer and Apollo Apterra both have AT treads and have local manufacturing facilities.

Also the import ban allows special sizes to be imported. My guess is that 225/55 R18 is a special size and should be allowed to be imported.

This is pure lethargy on part of Jeep that they don't take the initiative to get this done.
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:10   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Apologize for butting in. I also have 4x4 Limited Plus and it comes with Bridgestone Turanza T01 tyres. The size is 225/55 R18 . Unfortunately there is no AT tyre available in this size in India at present.

The stock tyres are not at all capable of going off-road. The low profile will result is sidewall getting ripped apart incl case of rocky terrain.

I also own a LP and am aware of the acute shortage of options for this size.

Moreover the government's Atmanirbhar program has put a temporary stop on import licenses being made available to various manufacturers/distributors.

Since he had mentioned that he drives a Limited variant, hence I had asked the question regarding the tyre size. Limited has 17 inchers and I think there are AT options like Falken available for that size.
Old 2nd April 2021, 18:40   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
I took it up with FCA too but did not get any satisfactory answer. They were just beating about the bush and said that for off-roading one should buy the trailhawk.

You should have asked FCA why are they offering 4x4 on the Limited Plus if they do not want you to take it off-road

BTW Trailhawk comes with Falken Wildpeaks, not Firestone. Yes, they are H/T but they are very very good, and their feel and tread pattern is closest that an H/T can come to an A/T. I changed to the Falkens last year, and have done 7000 kms on them on the most punishing of terrains without them breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately they do not come in Limited Plus size, plus these tires are imported, so there is a supply shortage. My advice to all Compass owners is to try the Falken Wildpeaks, if they can get their hands on them
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:03   #2397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyutaghosh View Post
You should have asked FCA why are they offering 4x4 on the Limited Plus if they do not want you to take it off-road

BTW Trailhawk comes with Falken Wildpeaks, not Firestone. Yes, they are H/T but they are very very good, and their feel and tread pattern is closest that an H/T can come to an A/T. I changed to the Falkens last year, and have done 7000 kms on them on the most punishing of terrains without them breaking a sweat.

Unfortunately they do not come in Limited Plus size, plus these tires are imported, so there is a supply shortage. My advice to all Compass owners is to try the Falken Wildpeaks, if they can get their hands on them
I did exactly that. Their answer was for offroading please buy Trailhawk that comes with AT tyres 😂
Old 5th April 2021, 12:30   #2398
BHPian

Hi all, been stalking the thread for a while now. Landmark Gurgaon says that Anniversary edition is sold out and that they are cancelling bookings. Jeep says it’s still in production, you can book it! Meanwhile landmark says they can give me a blue/silver anniversary edition diesel auto! Seems like the dealer is pushing inventory, but there’s simply no way to get hold of reliable information from any source. NCR members- any idea what’s the actual situation?

Last edited by philipmathen : 5th April 2021 at 12:31. Reason: Spelling
Old 5th April 2021, 19:21   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipmathen View Post
Hi all, been stalking the thread for a while now. Landmark Gurgaon says that Anniversary edition is sold out and that they are cancelling bookings. Jeep says it’s still in production, you can book it! Meanwhile landmark says they can give me a blue/silver anniversary edition diesel auto! Seems like the dealer is pushing inventory, but there’s simply no way to get hold of reliable information from any source. NCR members- any idea what’s the actual situation?
Hi, my SA in WSL Chandigarh told me that FCA has told them today to stop taking any more bookings for the diesel manual and diesel automatic variants of the anniversary edition. Petrol automatic is still available.
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 21:53   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Hi, my SA in WSL Chandigarh told me that FCA has told them today to stop taking any more bookings for the diesel manual and diesel automatic variants of the anniversary edition. Petrol automatic is still available.
Thanks, but does seem that some limited stock available. But colour choices are limited

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks