Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 16:54   #2371
BHPian

Compass about to cross the 50 K mark in sales!

Meanwhile in the slow sales universe of Jeep compass:

https://https://www.autocarpro.in/an...in-india-78755

Compass sales shortly expected to cross total of 50,000 since its introduction in mid 2017.

That's not exactly great numbers, given that Jeep is not really a premium brand (if being premium is any justification for low numbers, that is).

Also if one checks out the export to right hand markets, a total of about 22,000 Compass(es) have been exported since Oct 2017. Again, very lack-lustre numbers.

And now - FCA India have jacked up the prices for the face-lift and I wonder what the future really holds for Jeep in India? As has been said by many a member - a classic case of a good product put down by the mutton-headed management! Doesn't an auto manufacturer need minimum numbers (domestic + export) to survive?

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 23rd March 2021 at 16:58. Reason: additional
Rigid Rotor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:59   #2372
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Having said that, the orange accent on the dash and doors of the Limited Variant really hits your eyes.
I completely agree with you. I myself didn’t really like the interior colour on the limited variant. Why don’t you go for the anniversary edition ? All black interiors look terrific. You get body coloured cladding and bumpers. Different finish on Grill, OVRM, side mirrors, roof and alloys. You said you plan to keep the car for 9 years, extra 50k wouldn’t hurt you in long term. My white colour anniversary edition should arrive by Saturday. Will share photos.

Last edited by ampere : 23rd March 2021 at 22:34. Reason: fixed quote tag
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:58   #2373
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
I completely agree with you. I myself didn’t really like the interior colour on the limited variant. Why don’t you go for the anniversary edition ? All black interiors look terrific. You get body coloured cladding and bumpers. Different finish on Grill, OVRM, side mirrors, roof and alloys. You said you plan to keep the car for 9 years, extra 50k wouldn’t hurt you in long term. My white colour anniversary edition should arrive by Saturday. Will share photos.
I almost made up my mind to get the Anniversary edition but I think I am really stretching my budget now.

Dont you think the black leather interior will really heat up in the Delhi/Gurgaon heat during peak summer?
Old 25th March 2021, 07:47   #2374
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
Hi,

I have a few doubts to ask current compass diesel manual owners. We have a 4x4 manual version since 2018, its done about 21k kms. Now I regularly get a squealing noise from the brakes randomnly throughout the day at lower speeds only, I can't pin point if its coming from a specific wheel. While getting the wheel alignment done, I checked the brake pads and they had plenty of life. I went to PPS Jeep in Blr and the guy there said all is fine for now, but after 10k kms I will need to change the discs. On the other hand I had to later send the car for repair to KHT Jeep and the guys said the brakes are absolutely fine. I'm now quite lost here. Any tips would be appreciated.?
I had faced the same symptoms and replacing the brake pads resolved the issue. My brake pad was at its end of life then. Did they remove the brake pad and check? You can ask them to clean and check once, just in case of its due to any dust particle stuck in between.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 12:10   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I had faced the same symptoms and replacing the brake pads resolved the issue. My brake pad was at its end of life then. Did they remove the brake pad and check? You can ask them to clean and check once, just in case of its due to any dust particle stuck in between.
I had the brake pads checked and as per the service center guys they still have about 40% life left in them. Did get the brakes cleaned and that reduced the noise only, didn't completely make it go away. Still confused about it.
Turbolove is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2021, 13:15   #2376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I almost made up my mind to get the Anniversary edition but I think I am really stretching my budget now.

Dont you think the black leather interior will really heat up in the Delhi/Gurgaon heat during peak summer?
We cannot get everything in life. I personally did not like the interiors on the longitude and limited variants. All black Interiors really won my heart. S variant was out of budget, so anniversary edition was the only choice.
Old 28th March 2021, 02:33   #2377

Guys, I recently brought 4X4 automatic. Done some 2K so far, mostly on highways.

Planning to go to Spiti this summer but really worried about the low ground clearance.

Can someone suggest solution to this GC problem? One way could be adding some steel underpinnings. Any reference for a good mechanic to do that in Delhi?
Iceman33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2021, 08:39   #2378
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman33 View Post
Guys, I recently brought 4X4 automatic. Done some 2K so far, mostly on highways.

Planning to go to Spiti this summer but really worried about the low ground clearance.

Can someone suggest solution to this GC problem? One way could be adding some steel underpinnings. Any reference for a good mechanic to do that in Delhi?
Congrats Iceman.
Spiti will not be a problem for the Jeep Compass 4x4 and the lowest point of Ground clearance is the front lip. It does not get damaged easily as it is flexible. Many people from our Delhi NCR Jeep group have done the Spiti circuit and can guide you if you need help. There is also a trip going to Ladakh in June if you are keen to go with that.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2021 at 07:30. Reason: No discussion on whatsapp groups please. Thank you
Old 28th March 2021, 12:01   #2379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Congrats Iceman.
Thanks Bahemoth, thats a breather!
I was planning to go to Spiti, but Leh option is also open. Did both of these tours on Bike few year back. And those were one of the best experiences ever.

Last edited by GTO : 29th March 2021 at 07:31. Reason: No discussion on whatsapp groups please. Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 10:46   #2380
BHPian

What accessories shall i buy for my Jeep Compass?

Buying 2021 Jeep Limited.

What are some good options for the mats?
Old 29th March 2021, 10:57   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
What accessories shall i buy for my Jeep Compass?

Buying 2021 Jeep Limited.

What are some good options for the mats?
The official 3D mats are really good. They cost around 7k I think, you can try to get them as part of any discount that you may be offered.

A body cover is another item you may want to consider. There is an official Light Beige Color cover that's very soft and does not scratch the car. Try to get that. I think it's about 5K .

A Dashcam would also be a fine addition to the car. You could look at 70mai cameras, they are quite reliable. Available on Amazon and also on 70mai.in .

Am not sure of your variant has a TPMS, if not then a TPMS is a really useful accessory. Again look at 70mai.in for their TPMS.

That's all I think. The Compass is otherwise quite well equipped in other respects.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:59   #2382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
I had the brake pads checked and as per the service center guys they still have about 40% life left in them. Did get the brakes cleaned and that reduced the noise only, didn't completely make it go away. Still confused about it.
Well if you frequently drive around dusty roads, you will keep getting it. I have been facing the same in my Octavia and now X1 as well. When you get a good water service done, it cleans up the dust around the pads and the squealing noise stops only to come back after a few days of run on dusty roads. Unfortunately, Bangalore is cursed with bad roads and there is no way I can avoid this. The phenomenon also occurs when you do long trips for few days without a wash.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 19:59   #2383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
The official 3D mats are really good. They cost around 7k I think, you can try to get them as part of any discount that you may be offered.

A body cover is another item you may want to consider. There is an official Light Beige Color cover that's very soft and does not scratch the car. Try to get that. I think it's about 5K .

A Dashcam would also be a fine addition to the car. You could look at 70mai cameras, they are quite reliable. Available on Amazon and also on 70mai.in .

Am not sure of your variant has a TPMS, if not then a TPMS is a really useful accessory. Again look at 70mai.in for their TPMS.

That's all I think. The Compass is otherwise quite well equipped in other respects.
Thanks for all the suggestions. Can you help me understand the usage of dash cam? From what I understand 1) Helps with evidence in case of an accident 2) Capture beautiful driving shots

1. What is Parking Mode useful for?
2. Do I need GPS module?

There are 2 70mais on Amazon.

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

Which one would you recommend?

Also, I hate hanging/dangling wires. I hope, it can be fitted without harming the internal looks and it stays that way over time.

I like TPMS but I don't want another display on the dash. I was planning to get this

I got a car cover for my Polo which is unused. I have a good basement parking space however this year had to stay in my home town where it was parked on the Road however I forgot my car cover in Bangalore. Is there a cheaper alternative or should I buy the one offered by Jeep?
abhatt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 08:00   #2384
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post

I like TPMS but I don't want another display on the dash. I was planning to get this
SensAiry TPMS shows up on the display via Android Auto. No need for extra display.

Quote:
I got a car cover for my Polo which is unused. I have a good basement parking space however this year had to stay in my home town where it was parked on the Road however I forgot my car cover in Bangalore. Is there a cheaper alternative or should I buy the one offered by Jeep?
I see many buy car covers as a part of accessories but they never use it. So, unless you have a real need, don't spend on it, it takes out some portion of your boot space as well.
Old 30th March 2021, 10:45   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman33 View Post

I did a Delhi - Spiti roundtrip in 2015, in a Swift Petrol, with 4 passengers and of course a boot full of luggage. There was never an issue of ground clearance throughout the trip, except on our last day of driving from Baatal to Manali, because we had to literally drive on a river bed. Even then the underbelly of the car did not get scraped because we were taking turns to be a spotter whenever the road got too tricky.

That last drive did get a bit stressful, but I'm sure with the Jeep Compass you can take that stretch without any stress.

Have a good trip.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks