Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2021, 00:32   #2266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Welcome to the community and happy to help!
Let me address you queries quickly:
Woah! That’s some answer!

Firstly thank you for taking out your time and typing such an extensive answer! This really helps a lot and I am sure a lot of others are going to be benefit from this too!

Most of the things I was wary about are more than cleared now! Looking forward to driving both the cars back to back. Would love to update on the facelifted model here!

Again, really thank you for your time.
It’s been wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Yes, I have the BSVI. It does make power delivery linear, yet there’s no dearth of power. As I said earlier first two upshifts have to be quick but third gear onwards it really comes alive. I usually rev my Creta 1.6 hard beginning from the 1st gear itself and it easily takes it. The Compass doesn’t encourage you to push it in the first gear for sure.

Might I ask you that if you’re planning to spend 30L+, why aren’t you considering the Endeavour or Fortuner? Not to confuse you but just want to know your thought process. Is it just the size?
Thanks a lot for your help! Means a lot!
Hahah

Let me answer that in points:

1. 30+ is already stretched, I can’t fathom spending more by any means, not that this point.

2. Both Compass and Tucson provide with car like dynamics make them fun to chuck around and also hold a good enough SUV-ish stance, making them practical. On the other hand Fortuner and Endeavour might appeal to most people for their size but I don’t think I’d want so much body roll and nose dive. Also the third rows aren’t really practical for a long trip. So never have I considered 7 seaters. I was let down on seeing the new Tiguan with a 3 row config with a price bump. That’s my personal opinion though. So if I had to reallly stretch my budget, there’s the new GLA coming ( I know it’s not practical per we, but damn! That interior!) and also Tiguan all space

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th January 2021 at 11:59. Reason: back to back posts merged / spacing for improved readability
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:10   #2267
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

26 lakhs expected ex-showroom price for top S variant by Autocar.

My only issue with facelift version is that interiors should have been dual tone. My fathers Creta has all black interior and it feels clustered. If anyone is going with base variants, better get white or any other light coloured seat covers.

Really love the new color schemes.

Last edited by ramnaresh_2000 : 22nd January 2021 at 17:13.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 17:28   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
26 lakhs expected ex-showroom price for top S variant by Autocar.

My only issue with facelift version is that interiors should have been dual tone. My fathers Creta has all black interior and it feels clustered. If anyone is going with base variants, better get white or any other light coloured seat covers.

Really love the new color schemes.

https://Youtu.be/rieKwKTRYn0
Looks like 4-Low comes to the S variant, first time it's coming to a non-Trailhawk variant, if I am not mistaken. Waiting to see how they differentiate the Trailhawk now, will it just be the Rock Mode and the high GC?

The interiors IMO just look different from the current Compass, can't say that they look better or worse. They definitely look more sophisticated, if that's what you're going for. The all-black interiors though, would be a welcome change coming from the Ski-grey & Black DT interiors from the current Limited Plus - the lighter portions start getting stained from the first drive itself.

Not a big fan of the new nose. Looks a tad less butch. Also the gunmetal grey in the DT roof.

Waiting to see how the car looks in person, taking my Jeep to the dealership tomorrow. Let's see if they have the new one in the showroom yet.
Old 22nd January 2021, 19:47   #2269
BHPian

WOW

Form someone who owns a practically brand new Ltd Plus 4*4 the interior seems to be ticking all the right boxes. The exterior umm... let sleeping dogs lie.

What I love
1) the dash, love the faux leather treatment, very chic, also the darker colour.
2) the 10"+ tablet and central console layout, trust me the current ones have a mind of their own.
3) 7" high resolution TFT, though I prefer analogue but it seems to be well done.
4) the new stearing, hope they retain the old steering wheel diameter and feel.
5) 4 Low
6) 360 parking camera, a blessing for urban chaos.
7) Ventilated seats , let's see.

30+ OTR for top end (may be more) is really pushing it, but I guess Jeep is throwing in everything this time around, to stay relevant, considering Fortuner and Endeavour are now touching 40 and Creta and Harrier 20+ this sits pretty in between.

Two bits for someone who might be considering it from the heart more than head, Longitude (o) and Limited will also suffice, don't break the bank yet, may things may be desirable but not deal breaker.

The fun part is under the hood.

Cheers
docted is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:30   #2270
BHPian

Hi Jeepers,

I had a query and needed some help.

I have found a BS6 Compass 4x4 Auto Limited Plus demo car which has run about 10k and it's a 2019 model. The Ex-showroom is around 25 and I think I liked the car. I never buy pre-worshipped and this is an unregistered demo car and I will be the first owner in case I happen to buy it. This bug got into my brain when I did the math of saving a huge amount in buying a slightly abused new car and plus I can claim some good depreciation benefits.

The dealer showed me the car it looks in mint showroom condition plus they are also offering me standard 3years warranty with an option to purchase 2 years extended warranty. I was actually waiting for the Kushaq and Taigun, but since for few more lakhs I can get a top-spec 4 x 4 AT Compass, I am inclined towards sealing this deal.

What should be the ideal asking price for this demo vehicle considering its almost 1.5 years old and not sure whether it was abused or etc. Please share your inputs and help me out. Cheers!
Old 24th January 2021, 11:21   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venku2015 View Post
What should be the ideal asking price for this demo vehicle considering its almost 1.5 years old and not sure whether it was abused or etc. Please share your inputs and help me out. Cheers!
Well, I happened to visit a dealership in North India some weeks ago where I saw a badly dented Compass being repaired. The front doors on both sides were dented badly, the RVMs were nowhere to be seen. I casually asked the staff as to whose it was and they told me it was the demo vehicle.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_5395-2.jpg
A demo vehicle being repaired at the workshop

What immediately sprung to my mind was the great extent to which the demo vehicle is abused by the staff as well as consumers. And also felt bad for the person who would eventually buy this for a little discount without knowing what this car went through.

Obviously the guys at the dealership are professionals and will be able to hide / mask most of the abuse that the car was subjected to over the years.

So my suggestion to you is consider it only if there is a stupidly massive discount on the vehicle. Jeep were anyway offering discounts up to 2 lakh rupees on most cars. So company discount + Demo Car discount should give you a deal that no Jeep buyer has seen ever.

Last edited by fast&curious : 24th January 2021 at 11:26.
fast&curious is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 11:44   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jeepers,

I had a query and needed some help.

Recently, i test drove JC at both dealers in city. One demo car was Longi plus run about 10k, clutch was fine and no rattles and other was Ltd plus, run similar, but clutch was hard and lots of clatter from engine. I casually asked SA if we can expect discount of 5 to 6 lacs, he said yes. Both were BS6 manual and he said car would be serviced and sold. with warranty starting from sell date.

any issues you take to them later upon buying they might say "sir, you knew this was democar"

Last edited by Sheel : 24th January 2021 at 13:43. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
bullitt1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 19:19   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Recently, i test drove JC at both dealers in city. One demo car was Longi plus run about 10k, clutch was fine and no rattles and other was Ltd plus, run similar, but clutch was hard and lots of clatter from engine. I casually asked SA if we can expect discount of 5 to 6 lacs, he said yes. Both were BS6 manual and he said car would be serviced and sold. with warranty starting from sell date.

any issues you take to them later upon buying they might say "sir, you knew this was democar"
Thanks for the inputs, I believe the vehicles you tested were both manual versions. Did you test drove the automatics, if yes please share your experience with the demo automatics.
Old 24th January 2021, 19:21   #2274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs, I believe the vehicles you tested were both manual versions. Did you test drove the automatics, if yes please share your experience with the demo automatics.

I have test driven the diesel auto. Not to be a buzz kill but whatever complains I came up with about the Compass, the sales guy blamed it on being the demo car, "sir, it's a demo car run 15k. It's has been abused a lot hence you see these issues".
Old 24th January 2021, 19:33   #2275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
I have test driven the diesel auto. Not to be a buzz kill but whatever complains I came up with about the Compass, the sales guy blamed it on being the demo car, "sir, it's a demo car run 15k. It's has been abused a lot hence you see these issues".
I see, any specific issues you came across? These pointers will help me inspect the vehicle more cautiously. I am still evaluating this demo vehicle and haven't finalized yet. The dealer and a couple of known contacts say the car is well maintained.
Old 24th January 2021, 22:34   #2276
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry mate, i didnt test drive the autobox
Old 25th January 2021, 00:02   #2277
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
I see, any specific issues you came across? These pointers will help me inspect the vehicle more cautiously. I am still evaluating this demo vehicle and haven't finalized yet. The dealer and a couple of known contacts say the car is well maintained.
The car was noisy with a bumpy ride quality. I was looking forward to the most talked about ride quality of the Compass but very honestly I was disappointed. It was probably the 18 inch tires, I am not sure but I did point this out along with the rattles; the sales guy blamed it on the rough use the car goes through.

See, under any circumstances, no matter how good the deal is, the thumb rule is to avoid a demo car. Compass is a complex machine with lots of gizmos. Plus, there is a 4X4 system which if not used properly can go wrong easily. By no means demo cars are 'pre-worshipped'.

If you really want to buy used, you will find decent low run used examples for much less. It's much better to buy a 20k run one user car as compared to a 10k run car that has probably been driven by > 100 different people.

P.S: By the way, ex-showroom of 25L for a demo car run 10k is a rip-off.

Last edited by Pancham : 25th January 2021 at 00:07.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 06:32   #2278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
The car was noisy with a bumpy ride quality. I was looking forward to the most talked about ride quality of the Compass but very honestly I was disappointed. It was probably the 18 inch tires, I am not sure but I did point this out along with the rattles; the sales guy blamed it on the rough use the car goes through.
The Compass is known to have a stiff ride. It will be bumpy. You dont expect a plush ride quality like that of a Duster. When some one says the Compass ride is great, what that means is you should see that on bad roads like rubble. On such roads instead of wobbling like in soft suspensions you can fly past in a Compass without the car noticing. The same experience that may get with a Ford or a Fiat car.

As regards to engine, Fiat MJD is noisy for sure. Its nowhere in the league of Hyundai in terms of refinement. But the way I think the engines behaves in terms of its power delivery it may cover for it.

Last edited by ampere : 26th January 2021 at 21:21. Reason: typo fixed
ampere is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 26th January 2021, 08:54   #2279
BHPian

Guys guys guys, need urgent help from fellow Jeepers. I’ve noticed a certain cat has been jumping all over my less than 2 month old Compass including on the Sun roof.

Would a cover help against the cat’s claws?

Need suggestions for a good quality cover that doesn’t break the bank.
Old 26th January 2021, 14:17   #2280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast&curious View Post
Guys guys guys, need urgent help from fellow Jeepers. I've noticed a certain cat has been jumping all over my less than 2 month old Compass including on the Sun roof.

Would a cover help against the cat's claws?

Need suggestions for a good quality cover that doesn't break the bank.
Compass has an original Car Cover accessory available at dealer. Its really good and reasonably priced. I think it was around 3k but I am not sure. I got it as part of the deal when I bought the Compass. Kindly check with your dealer.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks